ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:52 pm

asimshah wrote:@baba JJ
Thanks for your reply I respect your point of view but I do not agree with you

How you can call some one with out knowing and without understanding the question that he should be ashamed on himself
We all came here to ask the things we dont know and If he wants to know about benefit which he legally eligible what is wrong in it
he is not asking for benefit fraud. He just want to know what legally he is eligible to claim thats why he asked me to share his salary and full status.

You came you read the message and you gave your verdict GUILTY. You mentioned in your comments that we are getting free education and free health are they not benefits? so according to your theory we should stop them we should pay school fees and medical bills. While he was on PSW and PBS Tier 1 he did a business here and paid lot of tax due to tram work the road where his business was closed and he suffered huge losses. He is still paying taxes he is earning 560 and he is paying 450 rent for his home due to visa and his loss in business he got so much stressed and depressed that he is a heart patient now. Due to visa issues he was unable to attend his father funeral. His wife having depression fits. In this winter he was unable to get proper warm clothes for his kids so we friends gifted him. I am sorry for my friend that I am telling his personal things on public forum but due to you I have to explain all this. I know his situation and I cannot bear that people think wrong about his at least I can do this. I can ignore your message but I think it was better to tell you every body is not wrong.

Because this is the problem of most of us that we think we are right and all other are wrong. 10 year he lived here legally no crime nothing paid taxes and follow the rules of this country. If the rules and regulations of the country allow him to get some benefit legally please tell me what is the harm in it. What you think he is cheating the system. Even in this situation he is asking again and again from different people and trying to get the information from different sources so that he only claim what he is eligible.

So BABA JJ I request that please stop thinking that you are right and the whole world is wrong this is the thing which piss me off and you are the only person who is following the Law. Like you I think he has respect and he is fully upholding the values of the land but unfortunately his situation is different from you.

So we all immigrants we all have our own problems we came here to get the solutions and moral support a bit of motivation
You message hurt me a lot it is nothing personal but want to explain the situation I hope you will understand

Best Regards
i actually do agree with you as you thought you will get help from this forum and that is why you shared your problem/concerns with us but instead you got criticism which is in my personal view bit rude as we all in different circumstances and if we cannot solve each others problems or queries then we should try not to harm some one else feelings.I respect baba jj with the bottom of my heart and he is an active member of this forum and i really do appreciate when he tells everyone to keep respecting the laws of the land which is fair but in your particular case he is definitely wrong as if he was unable to provide you help with your query,he had no right to personalize the matter.

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:40 am

How you can call some one with out knowing and without understanding the question that he should be ashamed on himself
We all came here to ask the things we dont know and If he wants to know about benefit which he legally eligible what is wrong in it
he is not asking for benefit fraud. He just want to know what legally he is eligible to claim thats why he asked me to share his salary and full status.

You came you read the message and you gave your verdict GUILTY. You mentioned in your comments that we are getting free education and free health are they not benefits? so according to your theory we should stop them we should pay school fees and medical bills. While he was on PSW and PBS Tier 1 he did a business here and paid lot of tax due to tram work the road where his business was closed and he suffered huge losses. He is still paying taxes he is earning 560 and he is paying 450 rent for his home due to visa and his loss in business he got so much stressed and depressed that he is a heart patient now. Due to visa issues he was unable to attend his father funeral. His wife having depression fits. In this winter he was unable to get proper warm clothes for his kids so we friends gifted him. I am sorry for my friend that I am telling his personal things on public forum but due to you I have to explain all this. I know his situation and I cannot bear that people think wrong about his at least I can do this. I can ignore your message but I think it was better to tell you every body is not wrong.

Because this is the problem of most of us that we think we are right and all other are wrong. 10 year he lived here legally no crime nothing paid taxes and follow the rules of this country. If the rules and regulations of the country allow him to get some benefit legally please tell me what is the harm in it. What you think he is cheating the system. Even in this situation he is asking again and again from different people and trying to get the information from different sources so that he only claim what he is eligible.

So BABA JJ I request that please stop thinking that you are right and the whole world is wrong this is the thing which piss me off and you are the only person who is following the Law. Like you I think he has respect and he is fully upholding the values of the land but unfortunately his situation is different from you.

So we all immigrants we all have our own problems we came here to get the solutions and moral support a bit of motivation
You message hurt me a lot it is nothing personal but want to explain the situation I hope you will understand

Best Regards
Apologies for any offence caused, however, as your friend now has indefinite leave to remain he is free to live a better life. Apologies, for the troubles he had had to go through the PSW days. I hope he will make it up to his family to give them a better life going forward

I sympathise with him asking about his family immigration status on the forum however, i have no sympathy on him asking about benefits. There are other forums where you can ask those questions.

The thread is for 10 Year long residence n as far as i m concerned no one on this forum is eligible for state handouts. I should have told your friend politely to ask about benefit on another thread however, i went in and hope i did note cause him any inconvinience health wise

This forum is for friends. I hope after my apology your friend will be my friend

Please do not respond as it does not help in the 10 Year ILR thread
Last edited by baba JJ on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:48 am

baba JJ wrote:

Best Regards
Apologies for any offence caused, however, as your friend now has indefinite leave to remain he is free to live a better life. Apologies, for the troubles he had had to go through the PSW days. I hope he will make it up to his family to give them a better life going forward

I sympathise with him asking about his family immigration status on the forum however, i have no sympathy on him asking about benefits. There are other forums where you can ask those questions.

The thread is for 10 Year long residence n as far as i m concerned no one on this forum is eligible for state handouts. I should have told your friend politely to ask about benefit on another thread however, i went in and hope i did note cause him any inconvinience health wise

This forum is for friends. I hope after my apology your friend will be my friend

Please do note respond as it does not help in the 10 Year ILR thread
@baba jj,very nice gesture and you have proved through your apology that you are a brave person,stay blessed and this is correct that this particular forum is only about 10 years long residence catagory.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:34 am

I have been observing this forum since the beginning of last year. I am sorry to say that this forum is no longer helpful as it was last year particularly during the period of Shahjee, Shahakaram and other similar members. I am sorry to say that this forum is now full of gossips, predictions and criticisms rather than any genuine assistance to others who desperately need help.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:28 am

Arsal385 wrote:I have been observing this forum since the beginning of last year. I am sorry to say that this forum is no longer helpful as it was last year particularly during the period of Shahjee, Shahakaram and other similar members. I am sorry to say that this forum is now full of gossips, predictions and criticisms rather than any genuine assistance to others who desperately need help.
I agree with arsal observation. Shahjee, shahkram, fieldrive had really worked for this thread superb but now some members deteriorating its quality by their general excessive gossip, maybe because of pschylogical problem or doing boring jobs like security who always need something to speak/write/say. As a test you will see a lot will attack me through several next posts which I won't read. :lol: :lol:

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:43 am

baba JJ wrote:

Best Regards

Please do not respond as it does not help in the 10 Year ILR thread
"As far as i m concerned no one on this forum is eligible for state handouts."

BabaJJ, are you Theresa May's spokesperson by any chance? You seem to be taking yourself far too seriously. Folks come here to seek advice, not your egotistic posturing or opinionated dress-down. You just have to chill a little man..

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Arsal385 wrote:I have been observing this forum since the beginning of last year. I am sorry to say that this forum is no longer helpful as it was last year particularly during the period of Shahjee, Shahakaram and other similar members. I am sorry to say that this forum is now full of gossips, predictions and criticisms rather than any genuine assistance to others who desperately need help.
Hi every one . Please stay on topic 10 year ilr and help the people .ask question and answer . I am totaly agree with Arsel385. Any up date today any good news for September /august applicant approval .

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Hey Guys,
There were many messages about this issue and also advice not to talk about this any more which would have been helpful .We all make mistakes :-)

Forgive or Forget :-)

Now for all the New Members as Babajj suggested me to put forth what really happens with your application heres a snap shot ;-)

You complete 10 years you can apply 28 days in advance .. its a milestone to reach

1.Your application received by mail room(facilities) ...sometimes they send confirmation straight away and sometimes it waits for someone to upload the file on database and then send confirmations

This is the reason why some people get their acknowledgment soon and some don't

Usually 2-3 everyone gets their acknowledgment .

2. Applications and Payments are checked and to see if any issues and if they everything is fine they go to LOG and then you get your CASE ID . and then they will send Biometric invitations

Usually 2-5 weeks from date they receive your application

Now the waiting starts ;-)

3. When the HO start working on date order will PICK the application according to date and is assigned to CASE UNIT team or SETTLEMENT TEAM

Usually Case worker unit ... 1-2 weeks ( sometimes more due to complexity of application)

Now this team does all background checks and then application is sent to Case worker who has authority to decide on your application .

4. Case Worker :As soon as he confirms approval an email is sent to Biometric team who start creating Bio card with your details

usually 2-5 days after Case worker gets your application from case worker unit ( depends on complexity of application

This is the reason why approval letter comes first and Bio card later in post ( one of the other reason is to post them separately just to avoid losing all documents at one time )

Some important things to remember :

1. Making payments easy : Postal Order or Bankers Draft always helps because they confirm the money has been received by HO as soon as they get it :-) ( No offence to Debit CARD / Credit Card users ;-))

2. Contact HO if you have not received you acknowledgement with in 2-4 weeks and Biometric within 5 weeks .

3. Don't hesitate to contact HO on 0300 123 2241 if you think it helps you in any away they have the call centre for this specific reason to help and advice . make sure you have your CASE ID or REF number ..DOB and Full Name ;-)

3. While checking the status of application make sure ask them specific questions to drill down
a. Is my application assigned to case worker
b. Is my application assigned to case worker UNIT
c. Application Date or month they are working on at the moment
d . if they say you should receive a communication soon ask them for Postal Tracking number

Now interpretation of HO slang ;-)

1. YET to be Considered( Awaiting in Q)
2. IS being considered ( application with Case UNIT )
3. Awaiting a Decision ( application with Case UNIT ///With Case worker for final approval)
4. You should hear from us soon ( With Case worker for final approval you should get ur decision soon )

Now the reason why approvals on the tracker are not in a date order :-)

The reason being when for example September applications are picked they are allocated to UNITs and some units work faster then others and hence the discrepancy .. Please don't assume things ;-)

Sometimes the case unit completes the check However the Case Worker is on holiday ,.,,,,,,
and also complexity of some applications add to the delay .

Disclaimer : This is just some idea of the process and no way means that this is what happens in HO ;-) . . experience working for an organisation where we deal with similar applications and also from previous posts on this forum
Last edited by maddysheffield on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:04 pm

@Arsal385
Totally agree with you. Members like shahjee, shahakaram and fieldrive and some others were really helpful and kept focus on the topic. That's why we still remember them even they are not active any more. God bless them and brings many more successes in their life.

titan1986
Newly Registered

Post by titan1986 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks @maddysheffield. Fantastic analysis and really helpful. :D

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Come on guys ...
Approvals Approvals Approvals .........
we are supposed to get plenty today and tomorrow .....no update yet from anyone feeling :(

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:18 pm

Friends guide me please

If we have outstanding appeal and if we submit ILR application on kong residence

Then in application form they ask where is your passport ?
No where to tick
Q C4

Location ?
QC5

What is current immig status ?
QD 1

When current leave expire ?
QD

Can I write not applicable ?

rosazeet wrote:
@Arsal385
Totally agree with you. Members like shahjee, shahakaram and fieldrive and some others were really helpful and kept focus on the topic. That's why we still remember them even they are not active any more. God bless them and brings many more successes in their life.

oct11ilr
Newly Registered

Post by oct11ilr » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Guys, where can I get the tracking number from?

When I sent my documents with special delivery, I put the return special delivery bag inside the one I was sending, but the receipt they gave me at the post office, only has 1 tracking reference number. Will that one be re-used when HO sends my documents to me?

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:28 pm

oct11ilr wrote:Guys, where can I get the tracking number from?

When I sent my documents with special delivery, I put the return special delivery bag inside the one I was sending, but the receipt they gave me at the post office, only has 1 tracking reference number. Will that one be re-used when HO sends my documents to me?
As for as I know, the retun envelop you sent with your documents has different tracking number. Before sending it you have have to copy the tracking reference number for future use.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:30 pm

smir wrote:Friends guide me please

If we have outstanding appeal and if we submit ILR application on kong residence

Then in application form they ask where is your passport ?
No where to tick
Q C4

Location ?
QC5

What is current immig status ?
QD 1

When current leave expire ?
QD

Can I write not applicable ?

rosazeet wrote:
@Arsal385
@Smir ask this question on your own thread than here
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:36 pm

oct11ilr wrote:Guys, where can I get the tracking number from?

@Oct11ilr Now thats a tricky thing to ask I suppose you can go to the same Post office and show them the receipt and ask them they would be able to give you the other tracking number ;-)

Hmm ... second thought try to check the tracker number you have on Royal mail .

https://www3.royalmail.com/track-your-item

If the status says ( Please come back ) then this is the reference number for the special delivery you put inside the cover :-)

If the status says ( It's on its way/ delivered ) then that must be the used one .call royal mail and they will clarify about this Ref number with dates

( usually they stick reference labels on the receipt)

tsl

Post by tsl » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:59 pm

hi maddy

may i ask u when u made ur set lr application
many tans
tsl

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:05 pm

@tsl

Mine is at end of September hope to get it by end of this month hopefully ;-)

Cheer's

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Guys...
Any approval Today.......

@maddy... You are a star mate... Great Info....this will help many people... Cheers..!!

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:51 pm

angelStha wrote:Guys...
Any approval Today.......

@maddy... You are a star mate... Great Info....this will help many people... Cheers..!!

@angelstha in fact I have been waiting for a word from you . Yours is long due and yet no other approvals today :( but never know people might be typing in while i'm sending this message ;-)

Hope to see at least 1 approval today .

dareto10
Newly Registered

Post by dareto10 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:02 pm

I applied for 10yr ILR in second week of September 2014.I called HO contact centre today and the adviser I spoke to did not give me any information other than my application is still within processing time and it could take up to 6 months to be decided. Despite attempts at asking the adviser the questions you suggested , the adviser said they cannot provide my any info other than they are dealing with September applications at the moment and I should continue to wait. The wait continues.....
maddysheffield wrote:Hey Guys,
There were many messages about this issue and also advice not to talk about this any more which would have been helpful .We all make mistakes :-)

Forgive or Forget :-)

Now for all the New Members as Babajj suggested me to put forth what really happens with your application heres a snap shot ;-)

You complete 10 years you can apply 28 days in advance .. its a milestone to reach

1.Your application received by mail room(facilities) ...sometimes they send confirmation straight away and sometimes it waits for someone to upload the file on database and then send confirmations

This is the reason why some people get their acknowledgment soon and some don't

Usually 2-3 everyone gets their acknowledgment .

2. Applications and Payments are checked and to see if any issues and if they everything is fine they go to LOG and then you get your CASE ID . and then they will send Biometric invitations

Usually 2-5 weeks from date they receive your application

Now the waiting starts ;-)

3. When the HO start working on date order will PICK the application according to date and is assigned to CASE UNIT team or SETTLEMENT TEAM

Usually Case worker unit ... 1-2 weeks ( sometimes more due to complexity of application)

Now this team does all background checks and then application is sent to Case worker who has authority to decide on your application .

4. Case Worker :As soon as he confirms approval an email is sent to Biometric team who start creating Bio card with your details

usually 2-5 days after Case worker gets your application from case worker unit ( depends on complexity of application

This is the reason why approval letter comes first and Bio card later in post ( one of the other reason is to post them separately just to avoid losing all documents at one time )

Some important things to remember :

1. Making payments easy : Postal Order or Bankers Draft always helps because they confirm the money has been received by HO as soon as they get it :-) ( No offence to Debit CARD / Credit Card users ;-))

2. Contact HO if you have not received you acknowledgement with in 2-4 weeks and Biometric within 5 weeks .

3. Don't hesitate to contact HO on 0300 123 2241 if you think it helps you in any away they have the call centre for this specific reason to help and advice . make sure you have your CASE ID or REF number ..DOB and Full Name ;-)

3. While checking the status of application make sure ask them specific questions to drill down
a. Is my application assigned to case worker
b. Is my application assigned to case worker UNIT
c. Application Date or month they are working on at the moment
d . if they say you should receive a communication soon ask them for Postal Tracking number

Now interpretation of HO slang ;-)

1. YET to be Considered( Awaiting in Q)
2. IS being considered ( application with Case UNIT )
3. Awaiting a Decision ( application with Case UNIT ///With Case worker for final approval)
4. You should hear from us soon ( With Case worker for final approval you should get ur decision soon )

Now the reason why approvals on the tracker are not in a date order :-)

The reason being when for example September applications are picked they are allocated to UNITs and some units work faster then others and hence the discrepancy .. Please don't assume things ;-)

Sometimes the case unit completes the check However the Case Worker is on holiday ,.,,,,,,
and also complexity of some applications add to the delay .

Disclaimer : This is just some idea of the process and no way means that this is what happens in HO ;-) . . experience working for an organisation where we deal with similar applications and also from previous posts on this forum

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:05 pm

@maddy,you are a star mate,really nice information you provided.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:39 pm

@dare to 10 ...ops I for got to add that the info you get depends on advisors .one may be helpful and others use 6 months charter ...

Thanks shahfurqan ..you know what Tazz is the one who won candy as his approval date was 2nd Jan ...

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:46 pm

hello guys,

just got fed up and by mistake rang HO about my application progress and this time i got a new terminology than the last time.The bad voice lady said my application is pending.

@maddy i could not find this word pending in your post where you have given so common slang used by HO.what is pending,i nearly gone crazy but then stopped myself and thought going crazy would not solve the problem as she was not ready to give further information.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:30 pm

shahfurqan wrote:hello guys,

just got fed up and by mistake rang HO about my application progress and this time i got a new terminology than the last time.The bad voice lady said my application is pending.

@maddy i could not find this word pending in your post where you have given so common slang used by HO.what is pending,i nearly gone crazy but then stopped myself and thought going crazy would not solve the problem as she was not ready to give further information.
@shahfurqan I did say it depends on the advisor ...pending can be assumed as decision pending ..so definitely with case worker unit and if ur lucky it's with case worker who is yet to decide ...

Dont worry pal 2 weeks time you will have ur letter in hand