ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:No approvals seems to be so far!!!!!!!!!!is it another pathetic week????No way :lol: :lol: :lol:
I called HO this afternoon and the lady has confirmed me that a decision has been made on my application yesterday and they have sent me an a post. She also gave me the same tracking number which I already have for for my pre-paid envelope. Nothing appears on Royal mail website yet but it will hopefully appear on a on their website this evening once they scanned the deliverables.

I will keep you posted.

@Arsal385 .... wonderful usually at 6.30 the tracking number gets updated I saw some posts on this forum saying that ... check around that time ;'-)

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:39 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:No approvals seems to be so far!!!!!!!!!!is it another pathetic week????No way :lol: :lol: :lol:
I called HO this afternoon and the lady has confirmed me that a decision has been made on my application yesterday and they have sent me an a post. She also gave me the same tracking number which I already have for for my pre-paid envelope. Nothing appears on Royal mail website yet but it will hopefully appear on a on their website this evening once they scanned the deliverables.

I will keep you posted.

@Arsal385 .... wonderful usually at 6.30 the tracking number gets updated I saw some posts on this forum saying that ... check around that time ;'-)
cheers mate, I am a bit nervous though :?

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:42 pm

e]

I will keep you posted.[/quote]

@Arsal385 .... wonderful usually at 6.30 the tracking number gets updated I saw some posts on this forum saying that ... check around that time ;'-)[/quote]

cheers mate, I am a bit nervous though :?[/quote]

Everything 's gonna be alright Arsal ;-) ...I suppose u wont sleep tonight may be better eat a lot of food to get sleep ;-)

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
I called HO this afternoon and the lady has confirmed me that a decision has been made on my application yesterday and they have sent me a post. She also gave me the same tracking number which I already have for for my pre-paid envelope. Nothing appears on Royal mail website yet but it will hopefully appear on their website this evening once they scanned the deliverables.

I will keep you posted.
@arsal,many many congratulations In Sha Allah in advance,looking forward to hear solid news from yours.God bless and keep us remember in your prays.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:02 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
I called HO this afternoon and the lady has confirmed me that a decision has been made on my application yesterday and they have sent me a post. She also gave me the same tracking number which I already have for for my pre-paid envelope. Nothing appears on Royal mail website yet but it will hopefully appear on their website this evening once they scanned the deliverables.

I will keep you posted.
@arsal,many many congratulations In Sha Allah in advance,looking forward to hear solid news from yours.God bless and keep us remember in your prays.
@arsal,mate when did you apply????? :lol: :lol:

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:18 pm

[/quote]

@arsal,many many congratulations In Sha Allah in advance,looking forward to hear solid news from yours.God bless and keep us remember in your prays.[/quote]

@arsal,mate when did you apply????? :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Thanks for your encouraging response. I applied on 10th Sept 2014, Inshallah it will be good for everyone. I cant focus on my work just starring my computer screen and want to go home ASAP.

Meeeeee123
Newly Registered

Post by Meeeeee123 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi respected @baba jj, @maddysheffied ,@shahfurqan

Alhamdulillah I had spoken with Home office and sweet lady give me my tracking number :shock: and told me they posted my docs at 10th January and I had checked post office website but following is coming out ......

"Status: Royal Mail Signed For™ items are only scanned when the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent 1st or 2nd class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.
Please come back later
Information on your Royal Mail Signed For™ item is not yet available.
Last update: 12 January 2015, 04:58pm "

I can't think anything Experience brothers and sisters please shed some light on this... and in addition i didn't send RM next day delivery postage form. So i guess they are sending it through second class. very nervous plz advise....

May Allah give you Jaza for this

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
@arsal,many many congratulations In Sha Allah in advance,looking forward to hear solid news from yours.God bless and keep us remember in your prays.[/quote]

@arsal,mate when did you apply????? :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Thanks for your encouraging response. I applied on 10th Sept 2014, Inshallah it will be good for everyone. I cant focus on my work just starring my computer screen and want to go home ASAP.[/quote]

@arsal,hahaha understandable mate :lol: :lol:

peace84

Post by peace84 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:42 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
peace84 wrote:P.S @baba jj, @maddysheffied ,@shahfurqan , @vinny required your inputs

I need some help and information from experience and senior people about varying the application

I currently applied for ILR under long residence i.e. SET(LR) and no decision has been made. Varying application is my plan B in case if HO could not make any decision by end of February.
Note: I submitted some supporting docs 12xPayslips, 5xP60 ,last 5 months bank statement, KOL test and master degree along with SET(LR) application which I am still waiting for decision from HO.

My current status is Tier 1 General and expiring in March 2015.
My questions are:

Q1. What is the process to varying the application and apply for ILR under Tier 1 general route?

Q2. ILR under tier 1 general route required supporting documents like payslips, p60 and degree , KOL test which I already submitted with my outstanding SET(LR) application so what is the way to get this document and attached it with new varying application ?
@peace,mate when did u apply for your set(lr) as their processing time is within six months time.i will advise you to wait for the decision because in this particular category the documentation is very limited but if you wanna vary your application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of tier 1 then keep in mind the financial requirement/proofs for the back years.

SHAHFURQAN
I applied 1st sept 2014 and I still want the answers for Q1 , Q2

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Meeeeee123 wrote:Hi respected @baba jj, @maddysheffied ,@shahfurqan

Alhamdulillah I had spoken with Home office and sweet lady give me my tracking number :shock: and told me they posted my docs at 10th January and I had checked post office website but following is coming out ......

"Status: Royal Mail Signed For™ items are only scanned when the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent 1st or 2nd class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.
Please come back later

I can't think anything Experience brothers and sisters please shed some light on this... and in addition i didn't send RM next day delivery postage form. So i guess they are sending it through second class. very nervous plz advise....

@Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee,congratulations to you as well dear as by the blessing of Almighty you seems to be not far away to get your approval,yes the HO probably uses 2nd class signed for and check the RM status after 1830 and that is the time they usually change it but anyhow in what ever condition you should have received it by the 14-01-15(wednesday) In Sha Allah,so chill and praise the Lord.
SHAHFURQAN

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:50 pm

peace84 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:
peace84 wrote:P.S @baba jj, @maddysheffied ,@shahfurqan , @vinny required your inputs

I need some help and information from experience and senior people about varying the application

I currently applied for ILR under long residence i.e. SET(LR) and no decision has been made. Varying application is my plan B in case if HO could not make any decision by end of February.
Note: I submitted some supporting docs 12xPayslips, 5xP60 ,last 5 months bank statement, KOL test and master degree along with SET(LR) application which I am still waiting for decision from HO.

My current status is Tier 1 General and expiring in March 2015.
My questions are:

Q1. What is the process to varying the application and apply for ILR under Tier 1 general route?

Q2. ILR under tier 1 general route required supporting documents like payslips, p60 and degree , KOL test which I already submitted with my outstanding SET(LR) application so what is the way to get this document and attached it with new varying application ?
@peace,mate when did u apply for your set(lr) as their processing time is within six months time.i will advise you to wait for the decision because in this particular category the documentation is very limited but if you wanna vary your application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of tier 1 then keep in mind the financial requirement/proofs for the back years.

SHAHFURQAN
I applied 1st sept 2014 and I still want the answers for Q1 , Q2
@peace,yea that is absolutely brilliant.if your case is straight forward and not complexed then it must not take long though they tell you within six months but would it not be nice to give HO ring on wednesday and ask them about the progress on your application,do not forget to ask them whether has it been allocated to any case worker or not.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Meeeeee123 wrote:Hi respected @baba jj, @maddysheffied ,@shahfurqan

Please come back later

@meeee123 simple call Royal mail :-) and check with them ... make sure you have the correct tracking number :-) ...or may be they posted 2nd class but gave you the tracking number wrong anything can happen but rest assured you should get your post tomorrow ;-)

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi All,

Congrats to all those who got there approvals. Enjoy the freedom.

ALI

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi All,

Congrats to all those who got there approvals. Enjoy the freedom.

ALI

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:59 pm

rosazeet wrote:
Allesheikh wrote:Hi Guys

HO is getting really annoying. I was very confident that my application might be posted today. Just checked royalmail and it still shows "come back later" :( I'm not going to check royalmail anymore I'll wait for the post man to knock on my door. Hopefully soon tc everyone and good luck to all those waiting.
come on @Allesheikh be brave, don't lose your heart. i know it hard but its not the end of world. Believe in God,its just matter of time i m sure sooner or later u will get yours. :D :D :D

Hi Rosazeet,

Thanks for your reply, I hope i get it soon.

Thanks
Ali

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:04 pm

For all those who know that their application has been posted by HO :-) good luck

Special Delivery Guaranteed™ items are first tracked when they have reached our mail centre. This may be late in the evening on the day the item was sent

Please be aware that the Post man comes and collects the Post from Home office and then goes to collect from other places and then ...goes back to the Royal mail office and then enters them on the system so guys :-)

It will be late evening when the status gets updated ......I can understand how anxious we will be but still can't make SNAIL( royal mail) run like rabbit ( our thoughts) ;-)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Hey mian-suraj I left a PM Check it ..I hope it helps

tsl

Post by tsl » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm

@Arsal385 & meee123

im so happy that ur approval is on its way tomorrow ,, and congratulation in advance from me
at the same time im upset a little that mine is taking long

enjoy ur freedom boys
regards tsl

Brightlove
Newly Registered

Post by Brightlove » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi people , I have been reading through the forum today and seems people are getting approvals congrats to all of you :D . I have been wondering since my application is in the 19-22.5 category will the decisions be made differently to other ones . I have been dealing through a solicitor and he according to him , I used contact the HO because they will even take longer, best thing is to just wait and be patient . Is that true or he is just after money. Here is my timeline:

Application sent: 27/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 15/09/2014
Biometric letter received: 29/09/2014 Date 26/09/2014
Biometric recorded: 3/10/2014
Approval date: Not yet received
Docs received: Not yet received
BRP: Not yet received

Regards

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Brightlove wrote:Hi people , I have been reading through the forum today and seems people are getting approvals congrats to all of you :D . I have been wondering since my application is in the 19-22.5 category will the decisions be made differently to other ones . I have been dealing through a solicitor and he according to him , I used contact the HO because they will even take longer, best thing is to just wait and be patient . Is that true or he is just after money. Here is my timeline:

Regards
Just by inquiring about the case would not delay. You better give them a call tomorrow and check what's going on with your application.

Syannelle
Newly Registered

Post by Syannelle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Yes, shahfurqan, it has been allocated to a caseworker.
Thank you for your opinion!

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:36 pm

I don't have any sort of ID to do LIUK test. My case is in Tribunal and meantime it will be 10 years in uk.If I wanted to add additional ground on long residency or submit a fresh application for ILR then I found on UK gov website that people who don't have any LIUK test certificate and English test certficate

''If you’re aged 18 to 65 years old, you must:

pass the Life in the UK Test
prove you have sufficient English language skills

If you don’t meet these 2 requirements you can apply to extend. ''
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

Does it mean when someone's legally passed 10 years without problem but they don't have LIUK certificate then they will able to get 2 years VISA instred of indefinite leave to remain for settle in UK on the basis of Long residency

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Brightlove wrote:Hi people , I have been reading through the forum today and seems people are getting approvals congrats to all of you :D . I have been wondering since my application is in the 19-22.5 category will the decisions be made differently to other ones . I have been dealing through a solicitor and he according to him , I used contact the HO because they will even take longer, best thing is to just wait and be patient . Is that true or he is just after money. Here is my timeline:

Regards
@bright,mate contacting HO for case progress do not cause delay in making decision but contacting them on daily basis and pressurizing or penalizing them could affect but i believe people in our position could not afford to do that and we do not do that.keep contacting HO with nice intervals and with polite attitude.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:10 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:I don't have any sort of ID to do LIUK test. My case is in Tribunal and meantime it will be 10 years in uk.If I wanted to add additional ground on long residency or submit a fresh application for ILR then I found on UK gov website that people who don't have any LIUK test certificate and English test certficate

Does it mean when someone's legally passed 10 years without problem but they don't have LIUK certificate then they will able to get 2 years VISA instred of indefinite leave to remain for settle in UK on the basis of Long residency
@meet2,mate if you got driving license you could still enroll yourself for life in the uk test and just one bill for address varification but if you find yourself not meeting even this criteria then yes,you could apply for the two years category.

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:58 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
meet2mustafiz wrote:I don't have any sort of ID to do LIUK test. My case is in Tribunal and meantime it will be 10 years in uk.If I wanted to add additional ground on long residency or submit a fresh application for ILR then I found on UK gov website that people who don't have any LIUK test certificate and English test certficate

thanks for your information.then after 2 years VISA what I will do ?
Last edited by meet2mustafiz on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.