ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:55 pm

I was really hoping to receive something this week. But when I called up today, they said its still under consideration and not yet despatched

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:02 pm

guys ive called HO today and they said u cannot send 2 tax documents covering 6 month each.....so im sure my case is going to be refused.....i cannot get the 3 year old bank statment.....bank account was closed longgggg time ago....

so im in trouble......

any suggestions????????

im realy helpless...just waiting for a refusal :(

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:03 pm

notty wrote:yes u r right that p60 is considered from employer because ur employer pay ur tax to authorities n p60 is evidence from employer that he paid all the tax, so tax authorities r not involve in it it is directly from employer and if u have tax refund letter from UK tax authorities then it would b from separate source.
but in pakistan if ur employer is paying ur tax then employer submits the tax returns to tax authorities and gives u the statement of tax(just like p60) and if u need tax returns u can take attested copy of tax returns from tax authorities with confirmation letter on headed paper of tax authorities and incase u were taking cash in hand salary then u have to submit ur tax on self assessment basis in self assessment there is no involvement of employer.

and could u plz tell me about those cases which r refused becoz of tax documents, did CW mention that u haven't provided two evidences from separate source.
may b in those cases tax returns didnt reflect the exact period which they r claiming for. just like amirs case his tax returns is not reflecting the exact period.
i foned HO and asked that u r considering payslips and tax documents r from same source or it fulfills the requirement then they said yes it fulfills the requirement if it corroborate exact period and it is mention in policy guidance as well.

• a document generated by a tax authority, which shows
details of declarable taxable income on which tax has been
paid or is to be paid in a tax year (e.g. tax refund letter or
demand);
• a document generated by an employer for the purposes
of an official return to a tax authority, showing details of
earnings on which tax has been paid in a tax year (e.g. P60
in the UK);
• a document generated by an individual/business/company
for the purposes of an official return to a tax authority,
showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid /to
be paid in a tax year that has been ‘approved/registered/
stamped’ by the tax authority (this is particularly relevant to
some overseas tax systems e.g. SARAL in India).
Please note that whilst tax documents are included in the list
of acceptable documentation, they will rarely be of use. This
is because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a
fi xed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for
which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they
exactly mirror the period claimed. Applicants should therefore
be cautious about using such documentation unless they are
satisfi ed that that it details the exact amount of earnings for
which they are claiming points.

tell me about those cases what r the reasons of refusal.it may increase my knowledge. coz sometimes Ho said something else n facts r something else. i experienced that by foning HO, two three times i foned n asked that for self employed person within company structure u consider gross income or net profit then they said gross income, gross income, gross income but in guidance policy it is clearly mention that points should b given on net profit then i called again n asked again he said again that on gross income then i sadi plz open the policy then after reading policy he was saying yes its not on gross income its on net profit.
so plz tell me about those cases which r refused on tax documents, what r the reasons of rejection mention there.

and if somebody has applied under self employment within a Business/Company Structure criteria then plz share information with me. i need some information on self employment evidences.

vipul1981 wrote:notty dont say with so much confidence that tax returns and payslips are not from same source.

They very well can be from same source. for instance in UK, tax return form P6o is considered as same source as pay slips. Although tax is pais to tax office.

2ndly in Amirs case, his application does look quite vague.

My advice to him is to keep the bank statements ready, just incase he needs it.

Its not about right or wrong , point here is to convince the CW. It has been seen in recent past that many applicants have been declined because of this.

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:05 pm

vipul, kmore, sushdmehta...can anyone comment please...

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Aamir : honestly you need to consult a solicitor / lawyer ....though they may charge initial £ 50 / £100 consultation fee.....its worth in your case to get a proper / proven guidance.

aamirmalik wrote:guys ive called HO today and they said u cannot send 2 tax documents covering 6 month each.....so im sure my case is going to be refused.....i cannot get the 3 year old bank statment.....bank account was closed longgggg time ago....

so im in trouble......

any suggestions????????

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:10 pm

vipul : did they say to you at any point, your case was in final stages , etc ?
vipul1981 wrote:I was really hoping to receive something this week. But when I called up today, they said its still under consideration and not yet despatched

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:18 pm

chakde23...do you know any soliciter here in london...who can help me out...any competent one??????
chakde23 wrote:Aamir : honestly you need to consult a solicitor / lawyer ....though they may charge initial £ 50 / £100 consultation fee.....its worth in your case to get a proper / proven guidance.

aamirmalik wrote:guys ive called HO today and they said u cannot send 2 tax documents covering 6 month each.....so im sure my case is going to be refused.....i cannot get the 3 year old bank statment.....bank account was closed longgggg time ago....

so im in trouble......

any suggestions????????

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:22 pm

My mistake .. I assumed that it was SD and not RD.

regards
room606 wrote:The point at which your package appears on the RM website is dependant on the type of delivery. Post sent "Recorded Signed For" (1st and 2nd Class) is only tracked upon delivery so is pretty much useless - if it appears on the website, then the package has already arrived at its destination.

You can determine which method your package was sent by entering your tracking number in the RM site. It will say something like "Come back later..." and then the posting method...

sushdmehta wrote:
chakde23 wrote: I was told Z 109 XXX XXX GB .....I am not sure what could be after Z in my case ....any guess ?
Contrary to the comments above, it can be any of the 26 letters. Tough luck :wink:
And yes, you will not see anything on the RM website until the package is scanned by them (RM) upon receipt. Even when it is received, AFAIK, the updates become available on the RM website only after 5pm.

regards

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:25 pm

I have not dealt myself, ......may be its worthwhile doing a google search or gumtree search for HSMP Solicitor or Consultants
aamirmalik wrote:chakde23...do you know any soliciter here in london...who can help me out...any competent one??????
chakde23 wrote:Aamir : honestly you need to consult a solicitor / lawyer ....though they may charge initial £ 50 / £100 consultation fee.....its worth in your case to get a proper / proven guidance.

so im in trouble......

any suggestions????????

april7th
Newly Registered

Post by april7th » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Hello Friends,

I am a quiet member of this forum for last few months. I am just watching this forum and waiting for decision on my Tier 1 Initial application from home office.

Applied from UK

WHM to Tier1 (Initial Application)
Application filed: 07/04/08
Application Received: 08/04/08
Fee debited: 08/04/08
Reference no rec: 09/04/08
Reference no: PB302**********
Decision: Still Awaiting..................

I have called home office 4 times and twice they said that your case is under consideration and twice they said call after 10 weeks.
Dont know what to do. so just waiting and waiting...............

Any comment plz ?
cheers

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 pm

you are almost nearing 10 weeks.......and have a strong case of yelling at them next time you talk my friend....this is really bad , can understand your pain
april7th wrote:Hello Friends,

I am a quiet member of this forum for last few months. I am just watching this forum and waiting for decision on my Tier 1 Initial application from home office.

Applied from UK

I have called home office 4 times and twice they said that your case is under consideration and twice they said call after 10 weeks.

Any comment plz ?
cheers

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:29 pm

This RM website is not even working for tracking

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:33 pm

wht do you mean, is it down ? i hv been trying since half hr with all 26 alphabets ..no luck yet.......did you send a prepaid special delivery plastic cover ?
vipul1981 wrote:This RM website is not even working for tracking

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:36 pm

Can WHM visa holders switch?? Don't think so !!

regards
chakde23 wrote:you are almost nearing 10 weeks.......and have a strong case of yelling at them next time you talk my friend....this is really bad , can understand your pain

Applied from UK

Any comment plz ?
cheers

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Dev , did you send any prepaid sp delivery ?
dev1234 wrote:Chakde,
Have you got any information that your dopcument has been sent ?

room606
Newly Registered

Post by room606 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:48 pm

You don't need to login to the RM site. You just submit your tracking number. If you have sent it special delivery, then I think it is tracked as soon as it is dispatched

chakde23 wrote:thanks,

i had sent a prepaid special delivery alongwith my application, so do you reckon I should still be able to login .....
[/url]

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:52 pm

thanks, sorry i meant unable to track :)
room606 wrote:You don't need to login to the RM site. You just submit your tracking number. If you have sent it special delivery, then I think it is tracked as soon as it is dispatched

chakde23 wrote:thanks,

i had sent a prepaid special delivery alongwith my application, so do you reckon I should still be able to login .....
[/url]

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:02 pm

I didn't send the plastic envelope. It was a jiffy envelope. And I think tracking no is 13 digits. May be I m wrong. Mine is 13

april7th
Newly Registered

Post by april7th » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:10 pm

yes WHM can switch to Tier 1, I sent my application once I got confirmation from home office itself. They said I can apply for approval letter from withen the UK. But for EC and stamping on my passport I have to go back to India.

Hope it makes you clear.

Regards
sushdmehta wrote:Can WHM visa holders switch?? Don't think so !!

regards
chakde23 wrote:you are almost nearing 10 weeks.......and have a strong case of yelling at them next time you talk my friend....this is really bad , can understand your pain

Applied from UK

Any comment plz ?
cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:18 pm

I hope you have that in writing with you. Unlike HSMP, Tier 1 is a single step process and the understanding (at least mine) is that you can not make an in-country application if you do not belong to one of the switchable visa categories. But if this is indeed true, it is probably good news for those who are in UK in one of the unlisted visa categories and who were not aware of it.

If you have some written communication to this effect, can you please post its content on the forum ... or PM me. Thanks in advance.

regards
april7th wrote:yes WHM can switch to Tier 1, I sent my application once I got confirmation from home office itself. They said I can apply for approval letter from withen the UK. But for EC and stamping on my passport I have to go back to India.

Hope it makes you clear.

Regards
sushdmehta wrote:Can WHM visa holders switch?? Don't think so !!

regards

Applied from UK

Any comment plz ?
cheers

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:10 pm

i m not getting mine untill end of next week i think. its really annoying

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 pm

Chakde, any status?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 pm

dev any updates

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:43 pm

april7th wrote:yes WHM can switch to Tier 1, I sent my application once I got confirmation from home office itself. They said I can apply for approval letter from withen the UK.
Rubbish, HSMP is shut to anyone in the UK. Anyone in a category not listed on page 7 of the guidance cannot switch in country. Any that says anything to the contradictory is a fool.
________
Xn85
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dev1234
Newly Registered

Post by dev1234 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:42 pm

Nothing Vipul, even I am getting now bit frustrated. I was trying to hold my nerves till date but now even I am feeling bit uncomfortable.