ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MALBORO

asalam

Post by MALBORO » Sun May 13, 2012 8:56 pm

any news from hide and seek ......

its very frustng as application was readyfor collection .......but sent bk to embassy i dont knw wats hapening

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Sun May 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Mush2012 wrote:
sazkhan wrote:
skstar wrote:Still nothing has been confirmed. The UKBA website is the primary source to go to if in doubt over anything.

On 10th May they made the announcement of removing the right of appeal for a family visitor visa (I know it's not related to Spouse visa category) but in the same article this was written 'Further changes following the 2011 family migration consultation will be announced in due course'

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ily-appeal
AOA sazkhan,

I believe the Home Secretary has a lot of changes she wants to be implemented and they will be announced in the coming week or two.

There is speculation on how quickly the MAC report recommendations will be introduced, but there is little doubt that they will be pushed through.

I accept that skstar is right that the UKBA is primary source to go to, but when you read articles like

“There is an interesting interview with the Immigration Minister, Damian Green, in today's Times (it's not available online - subscription only). No great revelations, but he just confirms what we have suspected. Some relevant extracts:

* The coalition government has pledged to reduce immigration from 240,000 to tens of thousands by 2015. It's still an achievable goal.
* Bans on the right of appeal for visitor visas. Coming in June is the stipulation that only those visiting close family member will be allowed to appeal, and from 2014, nobody.
* Announcement 'shortly' of changes that will make it more difficult for people to claim the right to a family life.
* Determined to reduce the number of immigrants who can bring their families to live in Britain. A UK husband will have to prove a minimum income before being allowed to bring in their foreign bride.
* Tougher English language requirement to promote integration.
* Making it more difficult to bring in elderly relatives, to reduce demand on NHS and other services.
* British business must reduce dependency on foreign workers.”

So it seems certain that an announcement is imminent, maybe as early as in the next week or two.

I suggest keep checking the UKBA News & Udates section for these changes.

Allah hafiz
Thanks for the info. I want to apply under the current rules so I'm hoping that I'll be able to submit my documents by the end of this month. I'm just praying that they make the announcement one month before they actually implement these new rules like they did for other categories.

*Y3NVY*

Re: asalam

Post by *Y3NVY* » Sun May 13, 2012 11:18 pm

MALBORO wrote:any news from hide and seek ......

its very frustng as application was readyfor collection .......but sent bk to embassy i dont knw wats hapening
did you not ring them today? abu dhabi was open today ... maybe they will be able to explain whats going on, because its not really fair on u guys
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

Ayesha_akw
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by Ayesha_akw » Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 am

el nino wrote:ANY GOOD NEWS FOR ANY1?
Hello everyone my hubby applied for his spouse visa app on 21/03/12 and app status is under process at bhc since 4/4/12, is that normal that there taking sooooo long????? Any march applicants heard bak yet???

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Re: Hello

Post by tnt4ever » Mon May 14, 2012 4:39 am

Thats normal
dont worry, its a usual routine for almost every body here...see time line
jst scroll down to previous pages( 2 pages behind)
u will understand the actual time line of applicants
best of luck
Ayesha_akw wrote:
el nino wrote:ANY GOOD NEWS FOR ANY1?
Hello everyone my hubby applied for his spouse visa app on 21/03/12 and app status is under process at bhc since 4/4/12, is that normal that there taking sooooo long????? Any march applicants heard bak yet???
Last edited by tnt4ever on Mon May 14, 2012 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Mon May 14, 2012 4:41 am

A Big Day,
just like others i am also almost on the crossing line
praying for Hide and Seek & marlboro and may you guys get your desired results sooner ....AAMEEN

and now the main page, mmmm i think this week is quite interesting
cuz there is a list of feb applicants plus few other fellows as per the time line who are already waiting to get their docs back at OC & RFC

Pray for all brothers and sisters, and for this brother also'' TNT4EVER""

ALLAH Hafiz
:D
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

syma
Member of Standing

deadline for ECM!

Post by syma » Mon May 14, 2012 7:03 am

KING2 and Zully i have come across couple of ppl who lodged their appeals in feb and ECM has been given 22weeks and 26weeks time to overturn the decision. does this mean no more 19 wks rule applies for time given to ECM:(
visa-grante:25.10.12

MALBORO

asalam

Post by MALBORO » Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 am

been ringing abudhabi all morning but no body pickn up

this is so so frustatn
insha_allah me and all of us av to be patient coz thats all we can do
hopefully insha_allah all of us hear something good very soon ..
brothers and sisters keep praying may allah SWT bless us us in this this word and hereafter ameen

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: deadline for ECM!

Post by king2be98 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:45 am

syma wrote:KING2 and Zully i have come across couple of ppl who lodged their appeals in feb and ECM has been given 22weeks and 26weeks time to overturn the decision. does this mean no more 19 wks rule applies for time given to ECM:(
Could it be to do with the complexity of thew appeal itself? Maybe they have to treat each appeal independently as well. The more complex the appeal the longer the time?

A friend of mines appealed late Feb, he was given a response early April, I spoke to him a couple of week ago and he said he couldn't remember the deadline date, but should it go to court and get overturned in court, then he's expecting the VISA in September. I will try to clarify the deadline with him. He had several grounds of refusal, think he said 8 points in 3 paragraphs.

syma
Member of Standing

Re: deadline for ECM!

Post by syma » Mon May 14, 2012 9:07 am

king2be98 wrote:
syma wrote:KING2 and Zully i have come across couple of ppl who lodged their appeals in feb and ECM has been given 22weeks and 26weeks time to overturn the decision. does this mean no more 19 wks rule applies for time given to ECM:(
Could it be to do with the complexity of thew appeal itself? Maybe they have to treat each appeal independently as well. The more complex the appeal the longer the time?

A friend of mines appealed late Feb, he was given a response early April, I spoke to him a couple of week ago and he said he couldn't remember the deadline date, but should it go to court and get overturned in court, then he's expecting the VISA in September. I will try to clarify the deadline with him. He had several grounds of refusal, think he said 8 points in 3 paragraphs.
maybe the more points they've raised the longer it takes, me n uve jus got the one so hopefully wont be that long inshAllah

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 am

Syma,

Last week they were dealing with appeals submitted the week you submitted, you should have heard something by now? Have they sent you any correspondence yet? They should have set a deadline for you.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon May 14, 2012 9:49 am

king2be98 wrote:Syma,

Last week they were dealing with appeals submitted the week you submitted, you should have heard something by now? Have they sent you any correspondence yet? They should have set a deadline for you.
jus spoke to AIT customer service, they said mine was processed on friday and she gave an appeal ref no. she said i'll recieves a ltter telling me the ECM review deadline date in xt couple of wks.

i asked her whats the time period given to ECM these days , she said 19weeks from the day i recieve the acknowldgement letter:s

m.k

Post by m.k » Mon May 14, 2012 10:22 am

Hey people my huby submitted his application this morning pls remember us in ur dua's.

The waiting process begins..... :D

Iv updated my signature someone pls add me to the timeline.
I think I'm the first may applicant on here. :)
App submitted in mirpur & fowarded to BHC - 14/5/12
App under process at BHC - 26/5/12
RFC: 22/10/12
Collected: 23/10/12
Visa granted alhumdulillah.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 am

m.k wrote:Hey people my huby submitted his application this morning pls remember us in ur dua's.

did you have to photocopy your docs and hand them in also

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 14, 2012 10:40 am

som1984 wrote:
m.k wrote:Hey people my huby submitted his application this morning pls remember us in ur dua's.

yes a photocopy of the documents are required this is stated on ukba website. photocopy the whole file including pic etd

som1984

Post by som1984 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 am

Shatif wrote:
som1984 wrote:

yes a photocopy of the documents are required this is stated on ukba website. photocopy the whole file including pic etd
i have call records going back to the beginning of 2011. hope they dont expect me to photocopy the whole let.

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 am

any updates or status changes for anyone today?
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 14, 2012 10:52 am

som1984 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
som1984 wrote:

i have call records going back to the beginning of 2011. hope they dont expect me to photocopy the whole let.
thats your choice but as stated on ukba website you do need to submit photocopy of the whole file.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 14, 2012 10:52 am

*Y3NVY* wrote:any updates or status changes for anyone today?
nufin at the moment :D

som1984

Post by som1984 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:10 am

Shatif wrote:
som1984 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
som1984 wrote:
thats your choice but as stated on ukba website you do need to submit photocopy of the whole file.
is there a facility to do this at gerrys or should it be done before

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 am

som1984 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
som1984 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
is there a facility to do this at gerrys or should it be done before
It is time consuming and also expensive at gerrys I would recommend you get it done before hand.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 14, 2012 11:14 am

king2be98 wrote:Syma,

Hi Guys..
Mine was also only a one point on the appeal paper nothing major. I know the other night i was interacting with ns99 and she had a deadline but they still took a couple of weeks over.
I do think each case is different and syma im sure u will be getting a confirmation letter soon....
We just have to wait we have no other choice i suppose courts are so slow as it is.
King when did you hand in your appeal?
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

jessy55
Newly Registered

Post by jessy55 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:48 am

I 've submitted my application on 29th feb, 2012! kindly add me to the timelin please.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 am

Zully,

I appealed online, filled out the form online on the 3rd of May. Paid fee same day, money was out of my bank account on the 4th.

I will submit the docs with that reference letter they give at the end of the online application this week. But I have a 2/3 weeks to do that as they don't process mine till 2nd week of June.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 14, 2012 11:55 am

king2be98 wrote:Zully,

I appealed online, filled out the form online on the 3rd of May. Paid fee same day, money was out of my bank account on the 4th.

I will submit the docs with that reference letter they give at the end of the online application this week. But I have a 2/3 weeks to do that as they don't process mine till 2nd week of June.
I sent mine in on the 19th April... i wish i did it instantly instead of sitting around being depressed over the decision. They have not taken my money out yet, but saying that there can be a delay as they say. but i think i wont hear anything probably till next week or week after as they are only on the first week of april...

zuly
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?