ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:53 pm

If you application reaches the HO before 16-July 2008, you can claim 20 points.

-H
karthik143 wrote: my date of birthy is 16/july/1980
If i apply for tier 1 now, is it possible to claim 20 points for age or not
please reply my doubt

karthik143
Newly Registered

Post by karthik143 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:15 pm

thanks hussain for replying me

i have one more doubt
i finished my Msc in UK In 2006, presently iam on student visa

i lost my Msc degree award certificate but i have Msc transcript showing as passed and also i have letter from my university showing that finished my masters course

is this enough to show my educational background to obtain points

please reply to me

thanks in advance

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:47 pm

no

karthik143
Newly Registered

Post by karthik143 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 pm

hi vipul

May i know what is the reason not to accept my transcript
My university adminstrative dept gave me a letter showing i passed my masters course clearly mentioning year and month with masters course
and also i got a letter from university that they invited for convacation ceremony for successfully completion of masters course

is this not enough?
if not pls clearly explain abt this
iam waiting for ur reply
thanks in advance

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:44 pm

first of all why cant they issue u with a new degree?

secondly if you see home office guidelines, it will make ur case weak. the best thing is try to get degree.

OR

lodge a complain to police that you have lost the degree and they will issue you with a lost report and then u can send the proof with ur applic with all other docs u have. that will sort things out.

IN MY OPINION

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:40 am

I gotta question.. if i am applying for tier1 with the HSMP Approval letter from India, do i still have to submit all the documents that I had submitted for the initial approval (like marksheets, payslips etc) or shd i submit just the bank statements for maintenance proof?

steve10
Newly Registered

Post by steve10 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:25 am

jcr wrote: Application Sent : 24/4/2008 (It got rejected right away as payment could not be processed. Although they said transaction denied, the credit card company said there was no record of denial, and everything was normal... who knows... so sent it back on 28/04/08 with postal order)
Can I ask you about the postal order. As far as I know only post office provides postal order and that is only for the maximum value of £250.

Can ask you how you applied for the postal order? What did you write on the postal order?

Thanks

jcr
Newly Registered

Post by jcr » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:09 am

You just go to a UK post office and ask for three postal orders of 250, payable to the "Home Office". They will print it for you if you want.

Read the guidance in the application form, as you need to write your name and reference number in the back.

Paying by Postal Orders is more expensive though, as the commission of the PO is almost 10 pounds per 250 PO. However you can rest assured your payment is not going to be rejected.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Hi karthik143,
It is important to submit your Original Certificate of Award. Please read pg 9 of tier1genpolicyguide.pdf.

65. 1. Original Certificate of Award:
In all cases this document must be provided unless (i) the
applicant is awaiting graduation or (ii) has a qualification with a
significant research bias, in which case the documents will be
as specified below,

Going by the books, you would be taking a chance if you do not submit your certificate. Get another copy of your certificate from your institute, as this would help you in the future as well.

karthik143 wrote:May i know what is the reason not to accept my transcript

karthik143
Newly Registered

Post by karthik143 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:24 pm

hi hussian

if i submit my bachelors degree award and transcript for showing englishe test along with masters transcript and letter from university dept

if they dont accept my masters course will they consider my bacelors degree for educational purpose

pls advice me
Last edited by karthik143 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:29 pm

Proof of English Language Requirement

Is it just enough to have your either degree (Graduate/PG) listed in self assement tool and produce ur degree certificate as proof for English Language Requirement?

Say, I got a Master degree done in English and it's listed in Self Assessment tool in BIA site in both Qualification section and English Language requirement section. Then is it enough if I produce only Master degree certificate for claiming my 35 points in Qualification and 10 points in English Language requiremnt? Or I need to produce a medium of instruction certificate too?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:52 pm

Provide degree certificate ... nothing else required.

regards
kmore97 wrote:Proof of English Language Requirement

Is it just enough to have your either degree (Graduate/PG) listed in self assement tool and produce ur degree certificate as proof for English Language Requirement?

Say, I got a Master degree done in English and it's listed in Self Assessment tool in BIA site in both Qualification section and English Language requirement section. Then is it enough if I produce only Master degree certificate for claiming my 35 points in Qualification and 10 points in English Language requiremnt? Or I need to produce a medium of instruction certificate too?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:54 pm

i hope i hear something this week

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:57 pm

sushdmehta,
Is it ok, if one provides only PG degree certificate - or is it to be bachelor degree certificate only?

sushdmehta wrote:Provide degree certificate ... nothing else required.

regards
kmore97 wrote:Proof of English Language Requirement

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:23 pm

That would depend on which of the two qualifications is listed under the english language section of the self-assessment tool. If both are listed, then send PG certificate if it gives you more points (35)for qualifications. Why send bachelors at all? On the other hand, if your PG is ranked equivalent to UK bachelors only (30 points) and even if it meets the english requirements, then why mention PG in the form in the first place .. just claim points on basis of bachelors degree? If I were you, I wouldn't want to send two degrees if only one can serve the purpose.

But yes, if one gets you points for qualification and only the other gets you points for english requirement, then you have no option but to send both. :(

regards
kmore97 wrote:sushdmehta,
Is it ok, if one provides only PG degree certificate - or is it to be bachelor degree certificate only?
Last edited by geriatrix on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:30 pm

aamirmalik wrote:guys i have a question....HO considers gross income in your payslip or net salary recieved in the bank??? kindly comment
THANK U
VIPUL i have sent a Private Message to you...can u check please
thanks again
Gross for awarding you points and net for tallying the same with salary deposit amounts on your bank statements.

regards,

push_hsmp

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:37 am

any approvals today

Rupli
Newly Registered

Urgent treatment

Post by Rupli » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:57 am

Hi Folks,

I'm waiting for my extension approval for the last 5 weeks and no news yet, when I called them last wednesday they told me that, its under consideration but nothing after that. I started calling again everyday from Friday, but now they've changed the policy and all they say is that the service standard delivery times r now changed and I'll have to wait 10 weeks before they can even check the status, how ridiculous is that.

Right now I've got a confirmed job offer, and I need to submit my passport detils by Monday. Can you guys help me with the links to the urgent treatment form where I can download one, and a fax no to send it.

If someone can help me with this that'll be a life saver for me...thanks

Application - hsmp to tier 1 (old scheme subject to new JR)

Form submitted 01/05/08 (Royal mail SD next day)
Money taken 02/05/08
Aknowledged 06/05/08

Approval date
Stamped
Docs Recd

baheri

Post by baheri » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 am

vipul1981 wrote:any approvals today
no received nothing. Hope to receive dis week

junior

Post by junior » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 am

Hi there,

There is no fixed format or form for urgent. You can consider it to be just another letter with the details giving explanations and reasoning as to why your application should be given a priority treatment.

Check this link:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... lications/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Junior

Reference from the BIA website:

Requests for urgent treatment will only be considered in exceptional circumstances. This will not normally include circumstances where, for example, the employee has made travel plans or a start date for the employment has been agreed before a decision is made. If you would like to request for urgent treatment, you must contact us in advance of submitting the application providing full reasons why it should be considered urgently. You need to use the contact number relevant to you and should see the Contacts page.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent treatment

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:30 am

Ill mail you the form that I had sent. PM me your mail address.

-H
Rupli wrote:Can you guys help me with the links to the urgent treatment form where I can download one, and a fax no to send it.

lovnishs

Post by lovnishs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Called HO today. Lady told 8th May's applications are under consideration at present.

skumar_uk
Newly Registered

Some good luck with home office call center..on 08005875572

Post by skumar_uk » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Today called up Home office and a nice lady picked up the call..for my good luck she told me that my document has been sent today and gave me the tracking number too. Keeping my fingures crossed. As soon as I get it I will post the details. My details:

Switching from WP to Tier1
Applied on : 2nd May
Allocated Refrence No: 6th May
Payment Taken : 7th May
Decision : ?

Good luck all..at last some ray of hope after a long wait…it was a frustrating wait

beever

Post by beever » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:13 pm

no news for today dont know y taking so long - forgot to say that mine was 28th april submission

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:41 pm

Did u send the urgent treatment request, finally?
I thought you had a genuine reason.
beever wrote:no news for today dont know y taking so long - forgot to say that mine was 28th april submission