ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRGB
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ILRGB » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:22 am

Maazkay09 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:30 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 pm
Maazkay09 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:17 pm
Hi all,
My application details:
ILR (LR) applied on 18th of July
Received biometric reuse email on the 5th of August and also been given an option to opt-out by 10th.

Just posting to see if anyone has reached a conclusive mind yet whether to stay in or opt-out? Your honest opinion will help whether to stay in or not.

On a separate matter, The recent email from UKVI clearly says “Please be reassured that your immigration status remains unaffected whilst your application is in progress” then I wonder why some members are reporting job losses due to this backlog.
My applcation timelines are similar to yours and I also have received the IDV app and biometric reuse email.

What is the guarantee that enough appointments will be available from Aug 10 onwards if one chooses to opt out? Would it be like a lottery?

At the moment there are no slots shown when I login to the UKVCAS portal. What evidence do we have that there will be enough slots after we opt out? What if no slots are available till mid september? That will delay the process.

The same can also be said for the IDV app launch? When will it be released? Will it work ok? How much time will it take for them to process the application? Can there be technical errors? Would that delay the process?

As you would see there are pros and cons for both approaches.

I am inclined towards opt-out but there is no going back to the digital app after that. Will decide over the weekend?

What are your views?
My views are exactly like yours on this.
There are going to be “what if” questions in either option regardless. However, one has to go with his/her instinct feelings. I would very much agree with @atao’s comment below who wrote “we all think there is a pattern here but the only pattern is there is no pattern” and that is true. We can't predict what's next but In my opinion, HO/UKVI/UKVCAS suddenly not going to get a genie to resolve all problems they have, therefore, having high hopes for one option over another would be pointless. No matter what one does there will be resentment in some cases and who knows who that going to be.
As said above, I think it depends on individual and instinct feelings and the context of the case/individual. In my case, I am slightly more inclined to opt-out as I have forgotten to submit an important document through UKVCAS upload/submit option and hence I hope going for an appointment gives me somewhat assurance that this would be submitted at the time of appointment.
We all have different context’s and we cant compare contrast as each case has its own uniqueness. So whilst deciding on whether to opt-out or not, I think one needs to identify one’s instinct and considering the context rather than any trend.
I’m kind of going with this quote “IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET THE CHANCES WE DIDN’T TAKE”
Thanks for your views.

Did you upload and submit documents on the UKVCAS portal?

Did you also receive the request to submit the documents via email and have done that too?

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:24 am

Gilo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:33 pm
klownking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:25 pm
Gilo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:15 pm
klownking wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm

E-signature should be fine. Personally, I have asked my boss to signed it personally and removed the e-signature. I have also asked him to signed the payslip because we get online.
My boss signed and sent me employment letter via email. He did it via E signature too and I have also uploaded it onto UKVCAS. STILL WAITING FOR DOCUMENT SUBMISSION.
I am also waiting for the document submission. I am in Leeds and we only have Enhanced Service point here. There is no point for me to submit the documents. I would have to pay £70 for no reason, so, why not let them check the quality and submit. I am waiting for the UKVCAS email. :roll:
That’s true. Letting the staff check at the enhanced service point is wise. I am doing it through a solicitor and she said it would be fine so I just trust her.
I applied on 23.07.2020. Received biometric reuse on 05.08.2020. I’m thinking to wait for the IDV...
I just have a feeling that even if I Opt out, I will still have to compete for appointments and it won’t be my turn to get it until next month. By the time, the IDV would have been launched ... my own feeling.
Thanks for your views.

Is your solicitor recommending the IDV app route or the appointment route? Are you still evaluating?

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 am

klownking wrote:
Gilo wrote:
klownking wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm
When everyone uploading their employment letter after the application, did HR use his/her e-signature or wet signed the letter? Mine is e-signature cos everyone is working from home atm.
E-signature should be fine. Personally, I have asked my boss to signed it personally and removed the e-signature. I have also asked him to signed the payslip because we get online.
My boss signed and sent me employment letter via email. He did it via E signature too and I have also uploaded it onto UKVCAS. STILL WAITING FOR DOCUMENT SUBMISSION.
I am also waiting for the document submission. I am in Leeds and we only have Enhanced Service point here. There is no point for me to submit the documents. I would have to pay £70 for no reason, so, why not let them check the quality and submit. I am waiting for the UKVCAS email. :roll:
Are you waiting to click the"submit" button on the UKVCAS portal, after uploading documents?

or

Are you waiting to submit the douments to HO via email communication?

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:58 am

There is no option to upload document before booking appointment on UKVCAS, I am confused how some people can upload their documents! :shock:

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:10 am

masouds wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:58 am
There is no option to upload document before booking appointment on UKVCAS, I am confused how some people can upload their documents! :shock:
I haven’t booked an appointment yet but can see the document upload option from the day of application which is like most people. Log in to your ukvcas account and you should see the link ‘document upload’ on the topmost banner (desktop) or check for it under the ‘menu’ link (top corner if using mobile device).

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:35 am

Thank you. I can only see links to upload optional documents not for mandatory ones! Can someone please help?

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:39 am

I would like to share my experience. I applied for FLR( HRO) on 1st June, 2020 along with my dependant , current leave was due to expire on 5th June,2020.I then received an email on 22nd July from UKVCAS that i am elegible to book appointment as reuse of biometric is not an option . When I started to book appointments , I could see plenty of slots in Croydon, Lansdown, Mark Lane basically in London , only thing was they were expensive. In Croydon I was able to see appointments for £220 for the week following 22nd July. But I was able to get better deal for £135 on 27th July,2020, for two people and I gave my biometrics .
I entered UK on 23rd August,2010. Thus I become elegible to apply for SET(LR) from 27th July,2020 taking into account 28 days period before qualifying period. Thus I made ILR application on 28th July,2020 and varied my previous application .
I then received email from Home office on 30th July,2020 that they can see 2 open applications and which one would I like them to consider. I asked them to proceed further with SET( LR). He said they will refund fee but they will consider dependant application ( which I found strange as I thought they will void as main applicant varied). Then on 3rd August I get one IHS refund that was expected and still waiting for application fee refund. On 6th August , 2020 I got email about IDV and reuse of Biometrics. I decided to OPT out as I believe there are appointments available , it’s just they are expensive, no certainty about IDV that can cause more delay .

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:57 am

masouds wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:58 am
I applied for ILR SET(LR) yesterday. I managed to upload documents before booking an appointment but there is no "submit button". I think this is a flexibility so that we can upload files up until the appointment day.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:59 am

klownking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:22 pm
farazk86 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:00 pm
In case anyone is thinking of cancelling today, they should be aware of the cost for appointment in August..

o0r26jogakd51.png
Is this for real? OMG.... what the hell they want to do. They are really going to suck every penny out of us. Wow, now I am confused about what to do. I did upload my document but did not press the submit button yet. I was thinking of opt-out as soon as I get the email but probably have to change the plan.
Hi,
Where is the submit button!!! There is no submit button on my UKVCAS portal. I can only upload!

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:43 am

"Submit" button appears when you finish uploading your documents. Give it a day or two. Then the button should appear. You can only click the button once. So you need to make sure that you uploaded everything. The uploaded files are manually checked by UKVCAS staff before the function is activated.

Not to confuse with document checking service. The quality of the scans need to be checked before this function works.

If you ordered document checking service, once you "Submit" the documents, it will tell you that, the files will be submitted once a member of staff checks your files.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:49 am

Hi Thank you for your reply.
It appeared now :)

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:41 am

Can someone please advise- do we have to mention the unique application number on the documents uploaded? Thanks in advance

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 am

@hobba2008 and others. A request from my end.

Those who have already submitted ILR applications(5 yr or 10 yr route), can you please update the timeline thread. This will help others to know the progress of applications especially in the current unusual scenario

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1160.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-180.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -3580.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 8-100.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:49 am

Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app
Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.
An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app within the next few weeks, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps.
If you are happy to use the IDV app, you don’t need to do anything. We will be in touch within the next few weeks to invite you to use the new IDV app.
For the portion above that I have written in red, does it imply that the IDV App will be available in August itself and not in September?

If I can use IDV App in August - I will remain OPT-IN, however if it will be September, then I would rather OPT-OUT and have opportunity to book next week with UKVCAS.

abhishek7749

Post by abhishek7749 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for ILR setO on 28th July online with UKVI but registered on 2nd August with UKVACS. However, we haven't received any re-use email. Not sure if we would be considered in July application pool or August application pool. Haven't submitted the documents yet.
Should we start looking for appointments slots or wait for re-use communication?

Kind Regards,

Shadyoakedive
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Shadyoakedive » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:47 pm

tbp wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:43 am
"Submit" button appears when you finish uploading your documents. Give it a day or two. Then the button should appear. You can only click the button once. So you need to make sure that you uploaded everything. The uploaded files are manually checked by UKVCAS staff before the function is activated.

Not to confuse with document checking service. The quality of the scans need to be checked before this function works.

If you ordered document checking service, once you "Submit" the documents, it will tell you that, the files will be submitted once a member of staff checks your files.
Hi, how did you know that the files are manually checked by UKVCAS staff before the submit button is activated? Does this mean that we don't need to worry about the quality of the scans if we can submit (as they would have been checked?)

Thanks!

FazT28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FazT28 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi All
I’m July Applicant (SET-M) and I received email or IDV app and decided to opt out and now waiting for email from UKVCAS about booking an appointment. I was just wondering about price range.

1 - Is £110 the maximum price for appointment?

2 - Has anyone who opted out on 7th are able to see any appointment available yet?

3 - Also anybody knows how long employer checking service takes? My employer submitted checks about 10 days ago using UAN number but still no reply. Just trying to get an idea how long it takes as my visa is expiring in 10 days and I’m worried about not being able to continue working.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:12 pm

abhishek7749 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:22 pm
Hi,

My wife applied for ILR setO on 28th July online with UKVI but registered on 2nd August with UKVACS. However, we haven't received any re-use email. Not sure if we would be considered in July application pool or August application pool. Haven't submitted the documents yet.
Should we start looking for appointments slots or wait for re-use communication?

Kind Regards,
Most likely you will be in the August pool as it goes by the registration date of account on the UKVCAS portal.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:15 pm

FazT28 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 pm
Hi All
I’m July Applicant (SET-M) and I received email or IDV app and decided to opt out and now waiting for email from UKVCAS about booking an appointment. I was just wondering about price range.

1 - Is £110 the maximum price for appointment?

2 - Has anyone who opted out on 7th are able to see any appointment available yet?

3 - Also anybody knows how long employer checking service takes? My employer submitted checks about 10 days ago using UAN number but still no reply. Just trying to get an idea how long it takes as my visa is expiring in 10 days and I’m worried about not being able to continue working.
1) Prices vary according to locations and type of centre.

2) No.

3) You dont have to worry about that. The date of application is the date you pay and submit. Biometrics date is irrelevant. You have submitted your application in time and now you are covered via Section 3C. Your rights to work and all other current visa conditions will continue till a decision is made on your new application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:18 pm

The uploaded files are manually checked by UKVCAS staff before the function is activated.

@tbp Where did you get this info??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:21 pm

BiochemFem wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:41 am
Can someone please advise- do we have to mention the unique application number on the documents uploaded? Thanks in advance
No

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:22 pm

masouds wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:35 am
Thank you. I can only see links to upload optional documents not for mandatory ones! Can someone please help?
This is normal. The website works like this. Ignore the mandatory and optional headings. Just upload in whichever category fits the best.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:26 pm

kraviraj82 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:57 am
Thanks CULLINAN, I have NOT yet uploaded my documents via UKVCAS portal
I would not worry then. Consider both options (opt in or opt out) as you feel best.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:27 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 am
klownking wrote:
Gilo wrote:
klownking wrote:

Are you waiting to click the"submit" button on the UKVCAS portal, after uploading documents?

or

Are you waiting to submit the douments to HO via email communication?
I am just waiting to press submit. But if I would go for he appointment I will show them the scanned document's quality and let them do it again because I will be paying £70 anyways.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:28 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:59 am
klownking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:22 pm
farazk86 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:00 pm
In case anyone is thinking of cancelling today, they should be aware of the cost for appointment in August..

o0r26jogakd51.png
Is this for real? OMG.... what the hell they want to do. They are really going to suck every penny out of us. Wow, now I am confused about what to do. I did upload my document but did not press the submit button yet. I was thinking of opt-out as soon as I get the email but probably have to change the plan.
Hi,
Where is the submit button!!! There is no submit button on my UKVCAS portal. I can only upload!
It appeared after I uploaded all my documents and then signed out and signed back in again.