ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy25 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:08 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:
cityboy25 wrote:Hi Mate, I applied on Feb 6, 2012 and my case worker requested for more docs dated 10/1/13 and have posted the required docs via special delivery (next day) on 19/01/13 and now that i track the docs 3 days later is still saying ''Your item with reference A*************GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery.'', has anyone experienced such a situation before? please advice as d docs has deadline for submission.
hello Cityboy
i hope you wont mind if you could share us what more documents ukba required in your case
if you dont mind please
thanks
Documents Required
- Documentary evidence of ur home and a letter from ur landlord that u reside there. (I think bcos have change my address)
- Further documentary evidence from Sept 2012- Jan 2013 for urself and ur spouse or addressed jointly to both of u( see guidance for type of evidence i.e letter from DVLA, Bank e.t.c)
-wage slip covering last 4 month for u and ur spouse
-Bank statement covering last 4 month for urself and ur spouse
-Council tax bills covering last 4 month.

That's all and must be produce b/4 Jan 30.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: Diane Taylor

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Email Sent to Diane wrote:Hi Diane,

Recently, I've read on one of the forums that you are interested in stats on UKBA Marriage Visa delays. Please find below the spreadsheets maintained at the ImmigrationBoard Forum.

How to use Skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.
NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph, then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" and then by "Current Status"

Many Thanks
Response from Diane Taylor wrote:Following today's report by John Vine I have proposed a feature to guardian's G2 section on how UKBA damages and interferes with genuine relationships. If the editor goes for this I'll be in touch very soon. As you know there has been a lot of news coverage today of this issue but a feature allows more scope to highlight the human side of what's going on.

Thanks
diane.taylor0.t21@btinternet.com
Good one... after all the media coverage and the report from chief inspector ... hope there are some measure to clear up the backlogs ...

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: UKBA phone call

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 pm

AussieBlueJeans wrote:
strayaleprechaun wrote:
AussieBlueJeans wrote:However, she informed me that 65% of FLR applications are completed within 6 weeks of biometrics while the other 35% are taking longer.
Surely this is not reflective of the Skydrive and also what others have been told about a 6 month wait after biometrics? I hate that reading it gave me a little flicker of hope that it is true and we would be in the 65%, but how likely is that, do you reckon?!

Great to see some people are starting to get their visas. At least things are moving in the right direction.
These were my same thoughts when she told me on the phone. I don't know where they are getting any of their statistics from but I'm inclined not to believe any of them. The only statistics I am relying on are those on the Skydrive, at least we know these are true figures from real people.

If indeed they are completing 65% 6 weeks after biometrics, it seems that all of us posting to the forum must be the other 35% that are taking "longer".
Doubtful! Someone very creative is just plucking numbers out of think air and calling them statistics it seems.

Owell, at least we are not all alone in our wait!

exactly, there is no method to actually validate the claim made by the call center lady over the phone ... Nor can we argue comparing the figures on Skydive sheet as its mere few who actually go an update their timelines there ... Not atleast with UKBA hovering over a total of 316,000 backlog cases.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: Diane Taylor

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Email Sent to Diane wrote:Hi Diane,

Recently, I've read on one of the forums that you are interested in stats on UKBA Marriage Visa delays. Please find below the spreadsheets maintained at the ImmigrationBoard Forum.

How to use Skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.
NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph, then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" and then by "Current Status"

Many Thanks
Response from Diane Taylor wrote:Following today's report by John Vine I have proposed a feature to guardian's G2 section on how UKBA damages and interferes with genuine relationships. If the editor goes for this I'll be in touch very soon. As you know there has been a lot of news coverage today of this issue but a feature allows more scope to highlight the human side of what's going on.

Thanks
diane.taylor0.t21@btinternet.com
Now that we have the attention of the media as well, it would be useful if everyone who is watching this forum can go and enter/update their dates on Damanisshallo's skydive sheet, so it can be best put to best use when needed. It will only take a few minutes, but will eventually help everyone here including yourself.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:30 pm

loziecanuck wrote:FINALLY!!!!
after waiting 260 days in total ( I submitted on 3rd May) I have received an email from my MP stating that a decision had been made on my case and my documents are in the post...
I cannot believe it! In fact- I wont believe it until my documents are in hand! I will probably stay in all day tomorrow waiting for the postman :)

I think the final nudge came from my MP if I am honest. I know that early doors asking your MP to help doesnt help, however after waiting an embarrassing amount of time (9 months) i think my MP was able to finally get through to a regional caseworker and plead that my case had been outstanding for a ridiculous amount of time.

I have not posted much in this forum, but I have checked it often and I always find that there are really helpful and supportive people on here- Backagain, Damienshello, CDNgirl.... Thanks so much :)

My timeline:
Tier 2 Migrant to FLR M
3/5/2012- Submitted application
22/5/12- submitted biometrics
28/5/12- requested partner's passport for travel (he missed his flight)
6/8/12- complained to HO
6/9/12- complained to HO
17/10/12- complained to HO for lack of acknowledgement of previous complaints
12/12/2012- complained about lack of action on 3rd complaint by phone and was informed UKBA sent letter to address of former employer where I have not worked since 2009
3/1/13- complained to MP
18/1/13- received letter from MP stating my application had been decided.

I am still not sure if my app has even been approved...and Im not bothered! AT least I have my documents back !

Good luck to everyone else waiting and take care.
loziecanuck, please can you update us if you received your documents and were you approved ???

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: BIO-METRICS CARD RECEIVED TODAY!!!

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:32 pm

daiyan.suraya wrote:Guys finally got the long awaited good news today!!

I applied on 13th April 2012
Biometrics completed- 11th May 2012
Phone call made several times, but the last time was on Monday 14th Jan 13 when they gave a different answer saying "your application is with a caseworker and you will receive your application in due course" usually they say "incomplete"
Decisions was made - Tuesday 15th Jan 13.
Documents received - Thursday 24th Jan 13 (2nd class delivery)
Bio metrics card received - 21st Jan 13!!!

My solicitor received all the docs but did not ring till today!

I hope it helps those people that are still waiting, and don't worry hopefully you shall receive yours too!

Daiyan. :D :D
Congrats Daiyan ... glad to hear your good news ...

girlface
Newly Registered

Post by girlface » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm

hi all. have been driving my partner (and everyone else who will listen) absolutely mad with this, so thought i'd join the ranks!

Date of FLR(M) Sent: 6th July 2012

Acknowledgement letter received: 17th July 2012

Bio metrics letter received: 12th October 2012

Bio metrics given: 15th October 2012

Documents received: waiting

Bio-metrics card received: waiting

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote:Hello,
Could anyone guide me please regarding my question,
I've sent my application( 10th Dec.2012) for ILR on the basis of ten year long residence as i got four dependents (3 kids born in UK and wife ), my wife is with me here in UK from march 2006 up till now and she got PSW dependent visa till 30th July 2014, my questions is
do i need to show the maintenance requirements ( 18600 pounds ) or more for my dependent spouse visa ?
please guide me
Thanks
No, your partner falls under old rules. No financial requirement is required. However you need to prove that you can maintain and accommodate your dependants without relying on public funds. Read this post for further clarification.
Could you please help me out , Dammannisshello
thanks

backagain

Post by backagain » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Keeping everybody informed on what I discover, I came across a report today. Although it may not be helpful to some, it is nice to know that the UKBA are addressing several of the issues that created the horrible delays we experienced in 2012 that continue to impact applicants into 2013. You can see in the report that the main strategy of these recommendations is to significantly reduce abuses of the immigration system which hinder the migration of legitimate settlements.

Hope this is helpful and offers some insight to the Agency's processes.

THE UK BORDER AGENCY RESPONSE TO THE
INDEPENDENT CHIEF INSPECTOR’S REPORT:
THE INSPECTION OF APPLICATIONS FOR LEAVE TO
ENTER, REMAIN AND SETTLE IN THE UK ON THE BASIS
OF MARRIAGE AND CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS
APRIL – OCTOBER 2012

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -civil.pdf
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:Could you please help me out , Dammannisshello
Help in what way?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

aprillbCDN
Newly Registered

Post by aprillbCDN » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I'd update the forum regarding my success getting my passport back from UKBA (by filling out the ROD form).....however my partner's visa is still nowhere to be seen.

From requesting my passport, to receiving it, it took only 9 days, which to me seems to be shockingly fast past for UKBA...maybe they are getting more efficient?!

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Update:

Nothing really to update.

Fairly friendly with local MP, he asked for me in November and they told him that the visa should be issued by the end December. (Boxing Day was 6 month mark.)

He said if I hadn't heard by 7th Jan to give him a shout and he'd chase them again.

I hadn't, so I did. He chased as promised. The story changed at the UKBA though, they said there is probably a 0% of a January visa as they are currently working through applications where biometrics were submitted in April 2012.

We applied in June, biometrics submitted in August. After 7 months it looks like there's still a long wait ahead.

I just wish they'd get their story straight about the order in which they process applications; one day it's application date, the next it's biometric enrolment.

Also, my wife called them yesterday. Nothing to report there either, unable to provide any information. I honestly don't know why they bother manning the phone lines at all.

elcanja
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Maintenance (old rules)

Post by elcanja » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:24 am

Hi guys...

Just looking for some adivce regarding an FLR(M) application under the old rules...

I have not been able to find any specifics regarding the Maintenance requirements...

Does anyone know in any more detail what the UKBA requires as far as maintenance in case of just a partner and also partner+ 1 child?

Thanks

elcanja
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Maintenance (old rules)

Post by elcanja » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:27 am

Also, does anyone know when these "Transitional Provisions" regarding PBS dependants were published? Were they published before July 9 2012?

Thanks again...

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) Maintenance (old rules)

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 am

elcanja wrote:I have not been able to find any specifics regarding the Maintenance requirements...
Maintenance (funds) wrote:The requirement is that you are able to maintain yourselves "adequately without recourse to public funds".

This means, they look at your finances jointly. You could have nothing in your account and still get approved - as long as you have a regular income and/or lots of savings.

What they want to see is a regular, steady income for the foreseeable future (you need to show that between you & your partner (assuming your child is UK-Born), you will have at least £105.95 left over each week after paying rent and council tax).

Read down the page the link and it conforms that you can show you are able to do this by providing proof of your earnings, as well as savings and some third party support (if necessary).
elcanja wrote:Also, does anyone know when these "Transitional Provisions" regarding PBS dependants were published? Were they published before July 9 2012?
Transitional Provisions are usually published before the effective change date. The name "transition" itself implies this. The Statement of Intent was published in June 2012.

Statement of Intent @ Page 30 wrote:• Evidence of adequate maintenance, accommodation and care in the UK:
The applicant must provide a signed undertaking from the sponsor that the sponsor will maintain, accommodate and care for the applicant adequately for five years without recourse to public funds. In addition, the applicant must provide evidence from the sponsor that the sponsor can provide the maintenance, accommodation and care required, in the form of any or all of the following:

(a) Original bank statements covering the last six months;
(b) Other evidence of income – such as pay slips, income from savings, shares, bonds – covering the last six months;
(c) Relevant information on outgoings, e.g. Council Tax, utilities, etc, and on support for anyone else who is dependent on the sponsor;
(d) A copy of a mortgage or tenancy agreement showing ownership or occupancy of a property; and
(e) Planned care arrangements for the applicant in the UK (which can involve other family members in the UK) and the cost of these (which must be met by the sponsor, without undertakings of third party support).
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:31 am

it looks like it is going to be a long wait for my wife's FLR if they are still dealing with applications from april 2012.

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy25 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello Xcape_24, did you ring them (UKBA) and is there any update?
please share if you got any info that might help.
Regards
Xcape_24 wrote:
cityboy25 wrote:Hi Mate, I applied on Feb 6, 2012 and my case worker requested for more docs dated 10/1/13 and have posted the required docs via special delivery (next day) on 19/01/13 and now that i track the docs 3 days later is still saying ''Your item with reference A*************GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery.'', has anyone experienced such a situation before? please advice as d docs has deadline for submission.
Am in the same situation and my deadline day is the 25th of this month,am waiting to ring ukba first thing tomorrow morning just to comfirm if they have receive docs they requested.

shahab99

FLR M maintainance

Post by shahab99 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi I have applied for ILR on 10 years long term basis and my wife and daughter have a visa of Tier4 dependent till end of April. If I get my ILR when I apply for my wife on FLRM do I need to show the maintainance allowance. How much and for how long.

Thanks

habsimak

FLR(M) transitional arrangements (for ilr 10 years)

Post by habsimak » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:57 am

Hello Everyone

I have applied for my 10 years ilr in Jan 2013. my wife who is my tier 1 dependent her visa is expiring in April 2013, as i don't expect my ilr to come before that time I will be applying for her FLR (M) in march 2013

My Questions are:
1. Can i apply using FLR(M) even before i will get my decision
2. Her tier 1 dependent visa was issued before 9 july 2012. Do i need to provide the financial requirements under the new rules?
3. Does my wife needs to complete 5 year to get ilr?

In one of the previous reply i saw that an advise is given that the spouse or pbs dependent who got there visa's before 9 July 2013 are still considered under the old rules.

But I understand from the guidance that only the PBS dependants whose main applicants got ilr through pbs route will be eligible under the old rules but not the long residency ilr applicants dependants.

Can someone clarify this for me please

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) transitional arrangements (for ilr 10 years)

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:04 am

habsimak wrote:Hello Everyone

I have applied for my 10 years ilr in Jan 2013. my wife who is my tier 1 dependent her visa is expiring in April 2013, as i don't expect my ilr to come before that time I will be applying for her FLR (M) in march 2013

My Questions are:
Yes.
2. Her tier 1 dependent visa was issued before 9 july 2012. Do i need to provide the financial requirements under the new rules?
No..
No, 2 yrs including her current leave..

In one of the previous reply i saw that an advise is given that the spouse or pbs dependent who got there visa's before 9 July 2013 are still considered under the old rules.

But I understand from the guidance that only the PBS dependants whose main applicants got ilr through pbs route will be eligible under the old rules but not the long residency ilr applicants dependants.

Read this post for further clarification.
Skydrives, Templates

shahab99

Re: FLR(M) Maintenance (old rules)

Post by shahab99 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 am

elcanja wrote:Hi guys...

Just looking for some adivce regarding an FLR(M) application under the old rules...

I have not been able to find any specifics regarding the Maintenance requirements...

Does anyone know in any more detail what the UKBA requires as far as maintenance in case of just a partner and also partner+ 1 child?

Thanks

habsimak

Re: FLR(M) transitional arrangements (for ilr 10 years)

Post by habsimak » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
habsimak wrote:Hello Everyone

My Questions are:
Yes.
No..
No, 2 yrs including her current leave..

Read this post for further clarification.
thank you for your quick reply. I have been through the link provided. The scenario which was given to UKBA at the end of the link is that of people who have switched into FLR(m) before 09 july 2012.

But my wife will be applying under FLR(M) for the first time and it is after 9 july 2012. She is not a dependant of a settled person before 9 july 2012. I have discussed with quite a few solicitors and they said her application will fall under the new rules as she didn't apply before 9 july 2012 as a dependant of a settled person or a British citizen.

please comment.
Last edited by habsimak on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:39 am

@habsimak

I forgot to give you this link
Skydrives, Templates

ocforever
Newly Registered

8 Months and 02 Days

Post by ocforever » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:46 am

Hello, Guys!
I have been following this forum for quite a long time, but I decided to post some information at the end of the year. I hope to be helpful....
It has been 8 months and 02 days. Thank you for all information you guys have been sharing and I am pulling for all of you.

My time line is :
Docs. sent: 24th May/2012
Ack. Letter: 06th Jun/2012
Bio Letter: 14th Jun/2012
Docs returned :26th Jan/2013
BRP arrived: Still Waiting

By the way, i have not added my information on Skydrive, but I would appreciate if someone could add it for me, please.

Let's wait the docs and letter.... I will be in touch.....

Regards to all.....

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:07 am

Damanisshallo wrote:@habsimak

I forgot to give you this link
I found this can u please comment

3.4 Long Residence and Points Based System Dependents:
If the main relevant Points Based System (PBS) Migrant gains indefinite leave
to remain on the basis of Long Residence any PBS dependent partner will not
be able to extend their leave or gain settlement as a PBS dependent and
will be required to switch into the partner of a settled person category and apply
for limited leave.
Applicants who were granted leave to enter or remain as a PBS dependent
before 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence can under transitional provisions at A280 (C) apply for
further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
Applicants who were granted leave to enter or remain as a PBS dependent
after 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the
basis of long residence will be required to apply to extend their leave as a
partner under Appendix FM.

The link is

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

it looks like what you are saying is right but i want to make sure. if i still come under old rules my wife has been in uk on psw dependent for 1 year and tier 1 gerneral for 1 year. Can i apply ilr for her if yes then which form should i use?
please comment
Last edited by habsimak on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.