ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:51 pm

shade00 wrote:I think all settlement or majority of settlement applications are sent to Abu Dhabi. When my wife called few days back the chap at Gerrys said your case has been sent to Abu Dhabi a while back.

Just thinking maybe when the Dec/Jan Batch got responses in may ours was just sent then. If we follow that route then possibly next week we will hear something Inshallah!
I called to abu dhabhi embassy and they told me that all settlements visas from pakistan are processed in isb.

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:54 pm

skstar wrote:When you call Gerrys to book an appointment to submit your file, what is the normal waiting period until your appointment to submit it? few days? weeks? anyone with experience?
I heard that before it would take several weeks from the time you call them for an appointment and to submitting the file. But now I hear that it takes several days or so.
If you call before 5pm you can get appointment of next day. and if u call after 5pm you will get appointment for day after tomorow. and for premium service you can go the same day

waqashabib1

List of observed holidays in islamabad embassy

Post by waqashabib1 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:59 pm

BHC/BDHC Public & Privilege Holidays 2012

Monday 2 January New Year’s Day

Monday 06 February Eid Milad Un Nabi *

Friday 06 April Good Friday

Monday 9 April Easter Monday

Monday 04 June Privilege Day (Queen’s Birthday)

Tuesday 05 June in lieu of Queen’s Diamond Jubilee (1)

Tuesday 14 August Independence Day

Mon/Tue 20/21 August Eid ul Fitr *

Thu/Fri 25/26 October Eid ul Azha *

Friday 23 November 10th Muharram *

Monday 24 December Christmas Privilege day

Tuesday 25 December Christmas Day

Wednesday 26 December Boxing Day

* Actual dates subject to the sighting of the moon.

(1) - Additional day added for 2012 only

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Sun May 27, 2012 5:44 pm

m3y wrote:I understand the problems they face etc but people pay alot of money and expect a service, which I don't believe they are getting with regards to meeting deadlines. I believe there should be accountability.

And finally it's not mine or your fault that there is bogus applicants from our country, the ukba should still provide the same level of service as they do to other country's, we shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.

very good post. big money for a dreadful service.

Gohar23
Newly Registered

Post by Gohar23 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:17 pm

mirpur wrote:
m3y wrote:I understand the problems they face etc but people pay alot of money and expect a service, which I don't believe they are getting with regards to meeting deadlines. I believe there should be accountability.

And finally it's not mine or your fault that there is bogus applicants from our country, the ukba should still provide the same level of service as they do to other country's, we shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.

very good post. big money for a dreadful service.

does anybody think that this post is useful by any means? when i posted somthing an it turned up from no where n started screaming. hellloooo where r uuuuuuuuuuuu? lolzzz. now coming to the point, batley khan pasted a link here a few days ago i guess. in that link it clearly says that all settlement visa applications & supporting documents are gathered in islamabad & the set of photocopies are sent to croydon uk for processing. the decision is made by eco & ecm's there in croydon & once the decision has been made then they electronically (email, phone) forward that decision to islamabad where they stamp the passport or issue the refusal letter. ( originals are in islamabad for local verification i.e nikahnama id card number n etc). MAY ALLAH BLESS U ALL.

m.k

Post by m.k » Sun May 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Once the app has been submitted will a change of job be an issue?
App submitted in mirpur & fowarded to BHC - 14/5/12
App under process at BHC - 26/5/12
RFC: 22/10/12
Collected: 23/10/12
Visa granted alhumdulillah.

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Sun May 27, 2012 11:17 pm

My wife needs to register for a language test in Islamabad. IELTS would have been a preference but their application process is such that you pay the non-refundable fee and are still not guaranteed the date you register for online.

I am now considering the Certified BULATS Online (from Grafton College). Has anybody taken this test? What is the reguired level for a spouse application?

Thanks,
Rashid.

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:43 am

r4sh1d wrote:My wife needs to register for a language test in Islamabad. IELTS would have been a preference but their application process is such that you pay the non-refundable fee and are still not guaranteed the date you register for online.

I am now considering the Certified BULATS Online (from Grafton College). Has anybody taken this test? What is the reguired level for a spouse application?

Thanks,
Rashid.
IELTS will be the preference and if u make payment before 15 days from the date of test you will definetly get a place on the desired date.

Best of luck
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

Gohar23
Newly Registered

Post by Gohar23 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:53 am

r4sh1d wrote:My wife needs to register for a language test in Islamabad. IELTS would have been a preference but their application process is such that you pay the non-refundable fee and are still not guaranteed the date you register for online.

Thanks,
Rashid.
yes i have taken that exam. it's very easy. u only need 10 out of 100 & most beautiful thing about BULATS is that u don't need to wait for dates n etc. i registered on 10th of february & my date was 11th of february. it's open on saturdays too. it's a computer based test & very easy & i always advise people to go for bulats instead of ielts.

syma
Member of Standing

appeal process!

Post by syma » Mon May 28, 2012 8:32 am

To all the appellants,

It looks like they are taking 8-10 weeks to just send out the acknowledgement letters i. e deadline given to the ECM:/
visa-grante:25.10.12

zully
Member of Standing

Re: appeal process!

Post by zully » Mon May 28, 2012 9:58 am

syma wrote:To all the appellants,

It looks like they are taking 8-10 weeks to just send out the acknowledgement letters i. e deadline given to the ECM:/
how do you know this......but does that men its taking 10 weeks more for our supporting application to get to the ecm

zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon May 28, 2012 10:08 am

zully wrote:

how do you know this......but does that men its taking 10 weeks more for our supporting application to get to the ecm

zully
obviously cant be 100% but another member who applied in march jus recieved the letter and i am approaching 8 wks now since i sent my documents. i spoke to AIT on friday they said it could take another couple of weeks so i am guessing its taking 8-10 wks for them to post these ackonwledgement letters at the moment.

sorry i dont understand what u mean by supporting application to the ECM?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 28, 2012 10:18 am

syma wrote:
zully wrote:

zully
obviously cant be 100% but another member who applied in march jus recieved the letter and i am approaching 8 wks now since i sent my documents. i spoke to AIT on friday they said it could take another couple of weeks so i am guessing its taking 8-10 wks for them to post these ackonwledgement letters at the moment.

What i meant was. that the paperwork that we send for appeals are already with the ecm. Just means we get the letter quiet late. To be honest i sent my app 19th April they only processed it last week. they are really behind.
Some of the guys were complaining about Bhc. AIT isnt ant better.
theres is nothing we can do besides wait i suppose.Just as long as the decision is correct and over turned..

zully
visa stamped?

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon May 28, 2012 10:28 am

zully wrote:
syma wrote:
zully wrote:

zully

What i meant was. that the paperwork that we send for appeals are already with the ecm. Just means we get the letter quiet late. To be honest i sent my app 19th April they only processed it last week. they are really behind.
Some of the guys were complaining about Bhc. AIT isnt ant better.
theres is nothing we can do besides wait i suppose.Just as long as the decision is correct and over turned..

zully
on friday i was told that my documents still havnt been sent to the ECM, ones they have been sent thats when i"ll get the letter...

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 28, 2012 11:12 am

syma...

Thanks for the info

zully
visa stamped?

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Asalaam alaikum Friends

Any good news for anyone today?

:)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Mon May 28, 2012 8:36 pm

MrE2012 wrote:@Y3NVY

ANY UPDATE FRIEND?
I dont think anyone has any updates at the moment, we are all still waiting. Have a little bit more patience bro.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Mon May 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Gohar23 wrote:

Thanks,
Rashid.
yes i have taken that exam. it's very easy. u only need 10 out of 100 & most beautiful thing about BULATS is that u don't need to wait for dates n etc. i registered on 10th of february & my date was 11th of february. it's open on saturdays too. it's a computer based test & very easy & i always advise people to go for bulats instead of ielts.
how long did they take to deliver your results and certificate?

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:30 pm

@Nazia

i understand as of next week we both will be past 12 weeks.. so fingers crossed i hope for all the feb lot and the march lot soon response

INSHALLAH GOOD NEWS WAITING FOR ALL OF US :)

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 28, 2012 9:53 pm

r4sh1d wrote:
Gohar23 wrote:

Thanks,
Rashid.

Receive results in 18 working days they say 28 but u normally receive them within 18 days they also give I te result more a less straight away will recieve confirmation and certificate in 18 working days.

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Mon May 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Shatif wrote:
r4sh1d wrote:
Gohar23 wrote:

Thanks,
Rashid.

Receive results in 18 working days they say 28 but u normally receive them within 18 days they also give I te result more a less straight away will recieve confirmation and certificate in 18 working days.
over the fone the said 20 days and the form says 28 days so i will take that as 20 working days i.e. four weeks.
hope we can get a date soon.

thanks gohar and shatif.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 28, 2012 10:15 pm

r4sh1d wrote:
Shatif wrote:
r4sh1d wrote:
Gohar23 wrote:

over the fone the said 20 days and the form says 28 days so i will take that as 20 working days i.e. four weeks.
hope we can get a date soon.

thanks gohar and shatif.
U will definitely get the results before 28 days my husband did the course in grafton college its really Gud easy test and results within 3 weeks

They have a few test days, just ring them u will probably get next day it's really quick turn around.

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 pm

thanks again, most helpful. :)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Mon May 28, 2012 10:41 pm

MrE2012 wrote:@Nazia

i understand as of next week we both will be past 12 weeks.. so fingers crossed i hope for all the feb lot and the march lot soon response

INSHALLAH GOOD NEWS WAITING FOR ALL OF US :)
Yeah, I'm hoping the February applicants status changes to ready for collection this week, the wait is worth it!
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

sefreak
Newly Registered

Post by sefreak » Mon May 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Settlement Visas

City......... LHR .. ISB

5 days ... 1% .. 0%
10 days .. 1% .. 2%
15 days .. 1% .. 2%