ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 7:14 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:Yh Zully i have appealed i also did read wat syma had written. She mention that sum1 who applied in march recieved acknowledgement letter now so i just wanted to know wat deadline they recieved.
Syma handed her's in on 4th April and i handed mine in 19th April.they only last wednesday look at mine..... so they are not even on to Mays application. We need to wait till Syma write when she recieve's her ack letter but they told her a couple more weeks so thats nearly 10 weeks behind for her. I am sure mine will take just as long

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue May 29, 2012 7:18 pm

batleykhan wrote:
The staff at the BHC In Islamabad usually start making employment enquiries soon after receiving the application. They have to make several other enquiries, so if they ring your relatives business and cant get through ( as the business no longer exists)then a cross is placed on the application form, which when it reaches the ECO in London ( in about 3 months time), he will refuse it straightaway. She needs to find work very quickly and inform BHC asap, otherwise they will refuse it,even though she may find employment afterwards, it will be to late.

Speaking from personal experience things such as this happens for a reason, and I am the opinion that there is a problem in this marriage
*nods*

I have been informed now, that the business has been sold last week, about a month after the application had been submitted - so could it be that the UKBA had already enquired? (That would be a good question to ask the sister, coming to think of it...)

I am a bit bewildered by the whole situation. I am German and although I have lived in the UK before and will live in the UK again from summer this year, I know a bit about the EEA family permit but not so much about any of the other visa categories. Nevertheless, I seem to have become the go-to European of my in-laws and am expected to come up with an answer and solution to each and every UK immigration problem.

I absolutely have no idea whether there is a problem in the marriage. It´s an arranged marriage and I would personally have a problem with that fact alone (aka run away screaming) but they seem to be all right with it. It´s their life and I hope they´ll be happy.

Thank you for all your time and help, I really appreciate it!

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue May 29, 2012 7:48 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:@ Syma sis xx
U mentioned b4 that a member who appealed in March recieved acknowledegment letter wat deadline were they given.
Hi

I know of two ppl who recently lodged appeal as in the last couple of months; the from Pak lodged appeal in feb and the deadline is 10th jult.
One from India lodged appeal in beginin of march and their deadline is 7th Aug.
I am expecting mine to be in september really:/
visa-grante:25.10.12

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 pm

yup
o.w as of today most of us would had been gone ouf of this wait list
but never Mind, Sooner or later, its the same INSHALLAH
Shatif wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/0 ... er-failure

I think this is wot zully sis is talking about, systems crashed in Croydon, yes this may have had a affect on the backlog we r experiencing at the moment
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

sadaf
Newly Registered

bank statements

Post by sadaf » Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 pm

im currently having a bbl account that i hav been maintaining for the last 2 years ...i hav savings of 2lacs plus in which some were from my job that i left n some amount was given by my father as my marriage gift...for savings i hav to show at least 3months bank statements...i hav given an amount of 2lac to my brother now which has been returned to me recently .... as im attaching last 5months statements showin first the out transaction of 2lac n again the in transcation of 2lac aswel ... im also attaching a letter from my brother that the loan has been returned on this date.....showing all this as part of my savings
is the whole thing alright for my uk spouse visa application that im intendin to submit next month....

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue May 29, 2012 9:06 pm

@ Zully

It was in Croydon; not in Pakistan; why are you scaring us......
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Re: bank statements

Post by Gregarious » Tue May 29, 2012 9:23 pm

sadaf wrote:im currently having a bbl account that i hav been maintaining for the last 2 years ...i hav savings of 2lacs plus in which some were from my job that i left n some amount was given by my father as my marriage gift...for savings i hav to show at least 3months bank statements...i hav given an amount of 2lac to my brother now which has been returned to me recently .... as im attaching last 5months statements showin first the out transaction of 2lac n again the in transcation of 2lac aswel ... im also attaching a letter from my brother that the loan has been returned on this date.....showing all this as part of my savings
is the whole thing alright for my uk spouse visa application that im intendin to submit next month....
1. Required and Preferably 06 months Bank statements
2. No need to mention that you have given loan to your brother.
3. Check your PM
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Gregarious wrote:@ Zully

It was in Croydon; not in Pakistan; why are you scaring us......

Ummm you are the only one getting scared.......... i just gave a opinion as to why things might be going slow...as we know that settlement visa are done at croydon..... You are very dramatic......lol

I dont think anyone else read the link and saw it as if i was trying to scare them.

Zully
visa stamped?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 9:46 pm

syma wrote:
aaaaaa123 wrote:@ Syma sis xx
U mentioned b4 that a member who appealed in March recieved acknowledegment letter wat deadline were they given.
Hi

I know of two ppl who recently lodged appeal as in the last couple of months; the from Pak lodged appeal in feb and the deadline is 10th jult.
One from India lodged appeal in beginin of march and their deadline is 7th Aug.
I am expecting mine to be in september really:/

Syma.... you really think it's gonna be that long...... it seems to get longer and longer.Looks like in gonna have to take a trip to Pakistan now..

Zully
visa stamped?

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Tue May 29, 2012 10:01 pm

skhan1 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
MrE2012 wrote:@Nazia

i understand as of next week we both will be past 12 weeks.. so fingers crossed i hope for all the feb lot and the march lot soon response

INSHALLAH GOOD NEWS WAITING FOR ALL OF US :)
Yeah, I'm hoping the February applicants status changes to ready for collection this week, the wait is worth it!
nazia i applied 8/03/2012 had my second message 21/3/2012 and waiting ever since ! do they ring you or email you !
Where did you apply? All I know is that my husband will get a call from Gerry's telling him to come and pick his passport up from the Mirpur office and they will tell him what times he should come between.

Dont worry, we will hear something soon insha'allah. Try to keep yourself busy with work, salah, dhikr, maybe a new hobby to take your mind off it but I know myself that doing that doesnt really help lol
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:09 pm

Looks like its a complete standstill at the moment. Many registered on this forum are waiting aswel as others. Met few relatives and fam friends who said that they have been waiting for 3 months aswel. All applied at ISL during mid feb.
Its strange that with the Dec/Jan and early Feb applicants all received replies after 3 months. With the Mid Feb and onwards its taking its toll atm.

Either we will get a response within these days or after 90 days have been completed.

Just have to stay positive and keep faith in Allah s.w.a!

Whats the worst case is when one has waited this long and gets bad news. I would have thought rejection apps are called in earlier but thats not the way the cookie crumbles.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 10:14 pm

shade00 wrote:Looks like its a complete standstill at the moment. Many registered on this forum are waiting aswel as others. Met few relatives and fam friends who said that they have been waiting for 3 months aswel. All applied at ISL during mid feb.
Its strange that with the Dec/Jan and early Feb applicants all received replies after 3 months. With the Mid Feb and onwards its taking its toll atm.

Either we will get a response witin these days or after 90 days have been completed.

Whats the worst case is when one has waited this long and gets bad news. I would have thought rejection apps are called in earlier but thats no the way the cookie crumbles.

I felt like that... the longer the better the answer.......But i got rejected on a simple thing just pray that time passes quick but the answer is a positive one.
Just don't get your hopes up. No one knows how the BHC think..You will get an answer soon.How long can they keep a back log think about it there work must be piling up, Im sure they will get through a lot togeather and send them in massive batch. My personal opinion I dont think it is Islamabad fault, I think the problem is here in the uk, where they look at our application they don't have the staff or they are just being lazy the home office are not known for their urgency.....
Stay strong you more time has pass less to go

Zully
visa stamped?

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:22 pm

zully wrote:
shade00 wrote:Looks like its a complete standstill at the moment. Many registered on this forum are waiting aswel as others. Met few relatives and fam friends who said that they have been waiting for 3 months aswel. All applied at ISL during mid feb.

Either we will get a response witin these days or after 90 days have been completed.

Whats the worst case is when one has waited this long and gets bad news. I would have thought rejection apps are called in earlier but thats no the way the cookie crumbles.

I felt like that... the longer the better the answer.......But i got rejected on a simple thing just pray that time passes quick but the answer is a positive one.
Just don't get your hopes up. No one knows how the BHC think..You will get an answer soon.How long can they keep a back log think about it there work must be piling up, Im sure they will get through a lot togeather and send them in massive batch. My personal opinion I dont think it is Islamabad fault, I think the problem is here in the uk, where they look at our application they don't have the staff or they are just being lazy the home office are not known for their urgency.....
Stay strong you more time has pass less to go

Zully
I agree, all want a positive response in the first shot but we all should really prepare ourselves for the worst case scenario.

I recall with the Dec/Jan applicants the ones that had success all roughly got replies in the same week.
Whereas with yours and few others seemed to have got called in a bit earlier. So thats why i presumed with rejections they get called in a little earlier.

Anyhow im sure that does not really mean anything. Its just a systematic way of BHC dispatching results at certain patches in the year.

Yup Inshallah we all will get good news soon. :)

Remember peeps no matter how clean a application is theres always something minute that an eco could find. All we could do is be honest and prepare it wisely.
Last edited by shade00 on Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

skstar

Post by skstar » Tue May 29, 2012 10:59 pm

For the english test, my partner was told it's okay to just submit the print out which shows the details of the exam, where it was done with who and the marks. the guy told my partner that they've done that and haven't had any refusals over cases over this matter. He said that because the certificates arrive 2 weeks or so after the result is posted online.
I have spoken to several people who called their spouse over and said that they also just attached the print out, as long as it shows the details and pass.

What do you think?

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 pm

skstar wrote:For the english test, my partner was told it's okay to just submit the print out which shows the details of the exam, where it was done with who and the marks. the guy told my partner that they've done that and haven't had any refusals over cases over this matter. He said that because the certificates arrive 2 weeks or so after the result is posted online.
I have spoken to several people who called their spouse over and said that they also just attached the print out, as long as it shows the details and pass.

What do you think?
Who is the provider for the English test?
With almost majority on the list it states that a certificate must be submitted aswel.

Pearsons PTE is the only one i could see on the list that states you could submit a print out form as they don't provide certificates.

This will help you..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 6:51 am

So happy as my wife is submitting her application in Lahore today. I will update details as soon as I have them and will inform you guys.

However it is getting really depressing as been 2.8 years since marriage and now more wait. Listening to you guys it does not seem to be going anywhere.

I hope to hear back soon from yourself.

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 am

Does anyone think May applicants might get a quicker response or not.

Thanks

aimsal

Post by aimsal » Wed May 30, 2012 8:07 am

skstar wrote:For the english test, my partner was told it's okay to just submit the print out which shows the details of the exam, where it was done with who and the marks. the guy told my partner that they've done that and haven't had any refusals over cases over this matter. He said that because the certificates arrive 2 weeks or so after the result is posted online.

What do you think?
the lady at my test centre gave me 5 sheets; 2 transcripts, 2 detailed marksheets and a confirmation letter from city and guilds and it was mentioned that the test for taken for this purpose, and she said make sure you submit all the five sheets.
29-03-2012 Application submitted at Karachi
29-03-2012 application forwarded to islamabad oc
13-04-2012 application forwarded to bhc for process

skstar

Post by skstar » Wed May 30, 2012 9:36 am

aimsal wrote:

What do you think?
the lady at my test centre gave me 5 sheets; 2 transcripts, 2 detailed marksheets and a confirmation letter from city and guilds and it was mentioned that the test for taken for this purpose, and she said make sure you submit all the five sheets.

Yeah, my partner gave the test with City and guilds as well. But the link someone has provided above, they ask for the certificate? So it was just the 5 sheets? Were you sent a certificate through the post? Or was that it?

aimsal

Post by aimsal » Wed May 30, 2012 9:42 am

skstar wrote:
aimsal wrote:

What do you think?

Yeah, my partner gave the test with City and guilds as well. But the link someone has provided above, they ask for the certificate? So it was just the 5 sheets? Were you sent a certificate through the post? Or was that it?
i collected it from the same test center and it took about 4 weeks
29-03-2012 Application submitted at Karachi
29-03-2012 application forwarded to islamabad oc
13-04-2012 application forwarded to bhc for process

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 am

HaroonAli wrote:Does anyone think May applicants might get a quicker response or not.
Unlikely with the law about to change. More applicants will be coming through, put yourself in for a 4 month wait, anything other than that and you'll end up miserable like many other people on this forum.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:11 am

king2be98 wrote:
HaroonAli wrote:Does anyone think May applicants might get a quicker response or not.
Unlikely with the law about to change. More applicants will be coming through, put yourself in for a 4 month wait, anything other than that and you'll end up miserable like many other people on this forum.
i doubt the law will change in the next few months. there has been no announcement as of yet!!

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 10:36 am

Good Morning Guys.

I can confirm my wife has submitted her application in Lahore today morning. May I ask can you please add me to the list as well.

However I phoned my wife and she asked how long does it take to the Gerry's staff and they said you should her from us in 6 weeks and if not maybe quicker. I told her that is not true but that is what they are saying.

Also I just wanted to let you know if you can add me in the time list from 30/05/2012 please.

Have a good day.

Thanks

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 10:37 am

Why are Gerry's advising you can hear back in 6 weeks and quicker as after going through this forum it just does not make sense when other people have not had a reply.

Please do clarify.

Thanks

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 10:40 am

I have worked out according to the timescale on UKBA website when my wife should get a response as she submitted today 30/05/2012. Below is when she should be responding.

60 Working days From 30/05/2012 = Response should be 23/08/2012.

I hope to get a response according to the timeline in last week of August but according to Gerrys it is much before that.

Thanks