ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yearofsnake
Newly Registered

Post by yearofsnake » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 am

CitationCj2 wrote:
Dochtúir wrote:hi i am very frustrated with inis as they are waiting for my garda report since october 2012 and it has been 14 months+ since i lodged my application.I have no criminal offense or criminal record,no traffic violations or any garda involvement.my other colleagues who applied after me got approval.What should i do should i go to the court?
Patience is the key!

I applied in Jan 2011 and only got my approval in March 2013.
This was one long wait for me but the good news came in the end.

Same as yourself, straight forward case, applied on basis of Irish spouse and been living in the country for 10 years.

May I ask have u been working in the country or claim any walfare? If no work (stamp 3) and no walfare is claimed, will that become the reason to dalay the apllication? Thanks.
Good Luck.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 am

yearofsnake wrote:May I ask have u been working in the country or claim any walfare? If no work (stamp 3) and no walfare is claimed, will that become the reason to dalay the apllication? Thanks.
Good Luck.
Being or not being on social welfare has nothing to do with citizenship application nowadays.

If your application is delayed and you have never had any offenses, then there is a reason behind that, and that has nothing to do with your employment status.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm

yearofsnake wrote: May I ask have u been working in the country or claim any walfare? If no work (stamp 3) and no walfare is claimed, will that become the reason to dalay the apllication? Thanks.
Good Luck
No social welfare, working all the time.

When i applied i was told approx waiting was 24-26months. I guess some people were approved much quicker, but i was the unfortunate that had to meet the suggested 26months..lol

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:15 pm

CitationCj2 wrote:
yearofsnake wrote: May I ask have u been working in the country or claim any walfare? If no work (stamp 3) and no walfare is claimed, will that become the reason to dalay the apllication? Thanks.
Good Luck

When i applied i was told approx waiting was 24-26months. I guess some people were approved much quicker, but i was the unfortunate that had to meet the suggested 26months..lol
Its gettting beyondd ridiculous now, first wait for approval and even once approved i have been waiting for a month and a half to be invited for the ceremony... Anone approved in march got the invitation yet?

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 pm

sonnyhind wrote:
CitationCj2 wrote:
Good Luck

Its gettting beyondd ridiculous now, first wait for approval and even once approved i have been waiting for a month and a half to be invited for the ceremony... Anone approved in march got the invitation yet?

I agree with you. At least the ceremony should be split into batches instead of waiting for months for ceremony. Well, l can not complain to much because my application was approved with 7weeks. Hopefully, l will be invited to the next available ceremony as being advised by INIS. I know they are trying to save money as well

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
sonnyhind wrote:
CitationCj2 wrote:
Good Luck

I agree with you. At least the ceremony should be split into batches instead of waiting for months for ceremony. Well, l can not complain to much because my application was approved with 7weeks. Hopefully, l will be invited to the next available ceremony as being advised by INIS. I know they are trying to save money as well

I agree with you. At least the ceremony should be split into batches instead of waiting for months for ceremony. Well, l can not complain too much because my application was approved within 7weeks. Hopefully, l will be invited to the next available ceremony as being advised by INIS. I know they are trying to save money as well

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi All, I called INIS today and got through a lovely lady. She gave me alot of information.

I applied in Dec 2011 still awaiting outside agency report. She said date for May has not been set and the certs are not printed either but all the approvals have been sent.

There is back log for applicants who applied before 2012 and also now there is back log on miner applications as well.

How accurate this is I dot know but this what I was told by her.

Good luck to all.

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:Hi All, I called INIS today and got through a lovely lady. She gave me alot of information.

I applied in Dec 2011 still awaiting outside agency report. She said date for May has not been set and the certs are not printed either but all the approvals have been sent.

There is back log for applicants who applied before 2012 and also now there is back log on miner applications as well.

Good luck to all.
HAng on did she say date for may ceremony? Or did she say date for the next ceremony and you think its may?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
sonnyhind wrote:When is the next ceremony anyone knows?
I was approved march 1 and its been more than a month, what are these people doing
I understand your frustration. I really dont see a big deal in ceremonies that it has to take 3 months each time!. Doing this on a monthly basis should be vital.

Since 1st of March, they have approved more than 3,000 applications I presumed and I dont see why this ceremonies wont be taking place every month!.
NewIrish wrote:I do not think they made the 3000 applications...I think the low number of approved applications is the reason behind the delay in the ceremony
sonnyhind wrote:And how are you in such a position to know that this is the case?
What special access you have to INIS that the rest of us do not?
IntegratedMigrant wrote:You dont need to have any special access or work for INIS to know that.

Just give them a ring in an extreme professional manner and they'll confirm it
UPDATE
blessed_sinner wrote:Hi All, I called INIS today and got through a lovely lady. She gave me alot of information.

Good luck to all.
That confirmed my presumption.

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 pm

[quote="sonnyhind"][quote="blessed_sinner"]Hi All, I called INIS today and got through a lovely lady. She gave me alot of information.

Good luck to all.[/quote]

HAng on did she say date for may ceremony? Or did she say date for the next ceremony and you think its may?[/quote]

She said May ceremony but did not mention the date.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:00 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:She said May ceremony but did not mention the date.
By the end of April or latest beginning of May, letters should be sent to ceremony attendees.

DKD
Newly Registered

Post from INIS

Post by DKD » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:56 pm

I was wondering what correspondence do you get from INIS? I have read through and it sounds like you get a letter confirming your app number (which I have) and then another one with the decision. Obviously if further info is needed you would get more, but I was wondering if this was all that can be expected? Or do they update you that they are moving into a new stage etc.?

Again by reading I get the impression that you have be persistent with INIS to get an update on anything, but thought I would ask anyways.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:I applied for naturalization last month just today received a letter asking me to forward payment and other documents for the naturalzation to be granted. And l was told how my names will appear on the certificate. Just wondering if that is the final process bcos l just applied last month feb 2013
Again this shows how lazy the Gardai are!. They are really lazy and incompetent here in Ireland! It takes then months to send INIS their checks (Background, Criminal, Offenses etc), but it took PSNI a relatively small amount of time to do that and thats why you were approved just as in the UK!

If it took PSNI long time to get back to you, ofcourse you wouldn't have received it in years!

UK's average decision takes only 2 months!
I live with a Gard and actually asked about this. This is just to give you another viewpoint and maybe help people understand the long waiting times.

Basically the Gardaí are understaffed by about 3000-5000 gards. There is also a shortage of Sergeants and higher level gards as well (e.g. there should be at least 2 per station, with most lucky to have 1). I will detail what happens from INIS now to show you why this is such an issue:

1. INIS goes to the vetting agency in Thurles.
2. Thurles uses PULSE to look you up.
3. If there is a match in PULSE then a letter is posted to the gard that is corresponding to the entry.

3a. This is where one the first problems occur. Gardaí have no email addressees and have to be stationed in the precinct to get the job done. I am informed that they look at their internal mail about once a month to get their major payslips etc.

3b. The gard I live with has been in multiple precincts. By law everything must be handwritten pertaining to any case and stored at the garda precinct of the incident. (e.g. if the gard made an arrest in Ennis but is now in Dublin, all information pertaining to the case is based in Ennis. So they have to get a gard in Ennis to find and ship copies of this handwritten information to the same gard in Dublin. The gard then fills in the information, gets the Sergeant to sign it off and send it back).

3c. If the gard left the force usually what happens is that the sergeant (after usually 6-9 months of waiting anyways) has to assign a gard to find the information (think tons of filing cabinets), interpret it (remember everything is handwritten) and then fill out the forms. This is when said Gard is free to do it as well as it is quite time consuming.

4. The forms are then sent back to Thurles.

5. Thurles prepares the documents for and processes onto Tipperary INIS.

Obviously, as stated above there are a lack of gards in the force and they have been doing this with overtime as their normal duties occupy their whole working hours (again when they arrest someone they have to input it in PULSE and then have a full written account on hand as well and locked away in storage; hopefully easy to find).

With the gardaí doing a work to rule, nothing is going to be processed now.

So moral of the story is don't have any reason to be in PULSE and never come to the attention of a Gard until you have citizenship (and hopefully never). Even then if you have a common name (unfortunately I fall in this category :( ) this will take a lot of time to sift through as well in PULSE.

Mimmi2003
Newly Registered

Post by Mimmi2003 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Thank you Integrated Migrant for this very insightful explanation. Very helpful and interesting indeed. God bless you!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Mimmi2003 wrote:Thank you Integrated Migrant for this very insightful explanation. Very helpful and interesting indeed. God bless you!
I really feed on comments like this and it fuels me all the time. God bless you back :)

adlexy

Re: Post from INIS

Post by adlexy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:05 am

DKD wrote: This is just to give you another viewpoint and maybe help people understand the long waiting times.
Thank you DKD. That insightful post gave a more sensible reason why so many applicants are stuck in the roller-coaster that is "Garda checks"

Afrocommonwealth

If missed?

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:29 pm

I was approved march 1 and its been more than a month, what are these people doing

Just wondering if l missed the next ceremony what would happen? Because i am planning to travel for almost a month. Its now a month that l was approved but still waiting for ceremony. Pls advise. Thanks all

NewIrish

Re: If missed?

Post by NewIrish » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:

Just wondering if l missed the next ceremony what would happen? Because i am planning to travel for almost a month. Its now a month that l was approved but still waiting for ceremony. Pls advise. Thanks all
I think you will be invited to the following one...but as you can see they are delaying the ceremonies so perhaps you will end up waiting up to July or August to get your certificate

CitationCj2

Re: Post from INIS

Post by CitationCj2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:52 pm

DKD wrote: 1. INIS goes to the vetting agency in Thurles.
2. Thurles uses PULSE to look you up.
3. If there is a match in PULSE then a letter is posted to the gard that is corresponding to the entry.

3a. This is where one the first problems occur. Gardaí have no email addressees and have to be stationed in the precinct to get the job done. I am informed that they look at their internal mail about once a month to get their major payslips etc.

3b. The gard I live with has been in multiple precincts. By law everything must be handwritten pertaining to any case and stored at the garda precinct of the incident. (e.g. if the gard made an arrest in Ennis but is now in Dublin, all information pertaining to the case is based in Ennis. So they have to get a gard in Ennis to find and ship copies of this handwritten information to the same gard in Dublin. The gard then fills in the information, gets the Sergeant to sign it off and send it back).

3c. If the gard left the force usually what happens is that the sergeant (after usually 6-9 months of waiting anyways) has to assign a gard to find the information (think tons of filing Spam), interpret it (remember everything is handwritten) and then fill out the forms. This is when said Gard is free to do it as well as it is quite time consuming.

4. The forms are then sent back to Thurles.

5. Thurles prepares the documents for and processes onto Tipperary INIS.

Obviously, as stated above there are a lack of gards in the force and they have been doing this with overtime as their normal duties occupy their whole working hours (again when they arrest someone they have to input it in PULSE and then have a full written account on hand as well and locked away in storage; hopefully easy to find).

With the gardaí doing a work to rule, nothing is going to be processed now.

So moral of the story is don't have any reason to be in PULSE and never come to the attention of a Gard until you have citizenship (and hopefully never). Even then if you have a common name (unfortunately I fall in this category :( ) this will take a lot of time to sift through as well in PULSE.

Its like being in the Stone age. You would think the Garda technology would be far advanced that that.

actonye
Newly Registered

Post by actonye » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:07 pm

please someone advise me. i called the inis today, since i hadn't heard from them since i got a letter saying that my application was in it's second stage. i got a lady on the phone who, wanted to confirm my address again, and then went on to say that my application has "gone through, and is currently awaiting a decision, and that they would forward a letter to my address once a decision has been made". what i need to know is does this mean it is in it's advanced stage and if so how much more time does any one reckon before i get a decision? i applied in sept 2011, and got rejected for having a break in my last year visa stamps, and reapplied in october 2012.
anypne have any idea?
thank you

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:45 am

actonye wrote:how much more time does any one reckon before i get a decision
You will get a decision between now and 4 months time.

waitingirish
Newly Registered

Post by waitingirish » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 am

Does anyone know Approval is sent by regular post or registered post.

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 am

waitingirish wrote:Does anyone know Approval is sent by regular post or registered post.
regular...

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:02 am

When is the ceremony??????

waitingirish
Newly Registered

Post by waitingirish » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:12 am

Seems like applications are awaiting just approval and than ceremony date will be announced. I am getting some positive reply now rather than just the same answer awaiting for reports. Now they say its at advance stage.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:16 am

waitingirish wrote:Seems like applications are awaiting just approval and than ceremony date will be announced. I am getting some positive reply now rather than just the same answer awaiting for reports. Now they say its at advance stage.
Good!, You'll probably be attending the next ceremony after this one. :)