ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence - short of a couple of months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cadnica
Newly Registered

Re: Long residence - short of a couple of months

Post by cadnica » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:55 am

As I applied for my self on the 7th day of letter but my solicitor was saying that for my wife and two children he will apply within 28 days. As I was short of finances that's why solicitor was saying that he will apply ex 160 in flr fp application which means that applicant 8s unable to pay home office fee it's not necessarily that my wife and two kids will get fee examption but the only idea is to put in time application within 28 days so that my wife won't class as an overstayer I will further update u in this regard
Regards
Thanks

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:04 pm

ohara wrote:
haris_zam wrote: well you dont need any application for the children born in uk . once you get your Ilr , they will get british citizenship.
no worries there.
Really? :shock:

yes they should , but not straight away there are some form and feeses that needs paying .. but as much i know on this , its not a biggie, educate me on this If i am wrong .

Thanks.

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:45 am

as i applied flro with my spouse knowingly that my both kids are born here. and as soon as i able to drag my time towards 28 days before my 10 years i will apply my ilr and after i will apply naturalization for my both kids. but my flro application was refused just before 7 days of my 10 years (before 28 ).7 days leave the country notice and with out side country right of appeal. also refusal says that if i have reasonable ground for any other application i can make one.

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:32 pm

hi..friends..some confusion on my application address
i got letter from ho about invalid application..it was said give us all document within 10 working days which we gave u back on 18 feb..(my application was invalid)..my quastion is..my soli already send document on 25th thursday..and he saying post come on his office address..but when i make application it was my address in form..home office ask me all document which they give me back( form,photo..and other document)..ho accept my invalid application valid..22th..today i called my soli again and ask about corrsponded address..he said come on ur address..his making confuse..before saying his and today saying my

i want all corrsponded with HO on my address mean new bio n all other..

can i call HO and ask them to which address its sowing there record?
or
i have to change addess with home office?(evan i did not change my old form)
or
i have to write letter?

i want be sure bcos my 10 working days finishing 4th march..

anybody give me idea plssss..because i did not want make it invalid applicaton by missing bio?

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:52 am

Hi guys,
please I have a very similar issue to @Cadnica but mine is a little different cos i never had a rejected,

I first entered the UK on 15/05/2006, I have always renewed my visa on time, I have never been illegal and I have not left the UK since then. My current visa expires on 30/04/2016. meaning I am 15 days short of completing the full 10 years.

entered UK: 15/05/2006
CURRENT VISA expires: 30/04/2016
15 days short of 10 years

1: I'm I now eligible for the ILR long residence as my visa doesn't run until I fully complete the 10 years
2: what method is better in my scenario: Premium service or By post
3; if I'm not eligible, what could be an options

going through previous post I realised a member @GBforum was in a similar situation last year but I can't find anything post on his outcome.

can anyone please help

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:04 am

haris_zam wrote:
ohara wrote:
haris_zam wrote: well you dont need any application for the children born in uk . once you get your Ilr , they will get british citizenship.
no worries there.
Really? :shock:

yes they should , but not straight away there are some form and feeses that needs paying .. but as much i know on this , its not a biggie, educate me on this If i am wrong .

Thanks.

Hi,
please do you know how 'gameover_786' PEO went, I read your post congratulating him. i have a similar situation as his but i can't seem to find an update on his post.

thanks

knucks

Post by knucks » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:46 am

sukosukkyboie wrote:Hi guys,
please I have a very similar issue to @Cadnica but mine is a little different cos i never had a rejected,

I first entered the UK on 15/05/2006, I have always renewed my visa on time, I have never been illegal and I have not left the UK since then. My current visa expires on 30/04/2016. meaning I am 15 days short of completing the full 10 years.

1: I'm I now eligible for the ILR long residence as my visa doesn't run until I fully complete the 10 years

going through previous post I realised a member @GBforum was in a similar situation last year but I can't find anything post on his outcome.

can anyone please help

Dear sukosukkyboie,

I believe you are not familiar with the basic ilr requirements. Did you know that you can apply ilr 28 days prior to the completion of 10 years. Having said that you don't have to file any application to extend your stay, you can just simply file the ilr on 17-April-2016.

As 17th falls on Sunday you can attend the PEO on Monday, 18-April-2016.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:53 am

can anyone please help

you are good to book p.e.o on 18 th . u dont have to be exact 10 years. you just want to be 10 years minus 28 days..

book an appointment . book liuk test . english test if required. . thats all you need.

best of luck.

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:59 am

knucks wrote:

can anyone please help

Dear sukosukkyboie,

I believe you are not familiar with the basic ilr requirements. Did you know that you can apply ilr 28 days prior to the completion of 10 years. Having said that you don't have to file any application to extend your stay, you can just simply file the ilr on 17-April-2016.

As 17th falls on Sunday you can attend the PEO on Monday, 18-April-2016.

Thanks Knucks for your response,
I thought and believe as much that I could easily do that, But just on Friday I rang UKBA just to be sure but I was told that even if you are applying 28 days prior to the completion of the 10 years, your current Visa must still run until at least the 10th year. The 28 days grace period is given for you to re-apply but it doesn't necessarily mean you have a legal Visa during this time.

That's according to UKBA officers (i called and spoke to 2 different people at different times)

My initial plan was to go for PEO on the 18/04/16 and book another PEO for my Spouse on 30/04/16 or first week in may as our visa expires same day of on 30/04/16.

Thanks

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:07 pm

haris_zam wrote:

can anyone please help

you are good to book p.e.o on 18 th . u dont have to be exact 10 years. you just want to be 10 years minus 28 days..

book an appointment . book liuk test . english test if required. . thats all you need.

best of luck.

Thanks Haris_zam for your response,
I thought and believe as much that I could easily do that, But just on Friday I rang UKBA just to be sure but I was told that even if you are applying 28 days prior to the completion of the 10 years, your current Visa must still run until at least the 10th year. The 28 days grace period is given for you to re-apply but it doesn't necessarily mean you have a legal Visa during this time.

That's according to UKBA officers (i called and spoke to 2 different people at different times) I thought they might be scaring me off.

My initial plan was to go for PEO on the 18/04/16 and book another PEO for my Spouse on 30/04/16 or first week in may as our visa expires same day of on 30/04/16.

I just need someone who has actually applied for ILR LR using PEO despite having at most 28 days less than the actual 10 years

Thanks

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:17 pm

sukosukkyboie wrote:
haris_zam wrote:

can anyone please help

best of luck.

Thanks Haris_zam for your response,

That's according to UKBA officers (i called and spoke to 2 different people at different times) I thought they might be scaring me off.

I just need someone who has actually applied for ILR LR using PEO despite having at most 28 days less than the actual 10 years

Thanks

the phone agents are not immigration advisors they are ordinary people with most of them having no knowledge .

you do as you are told and u shall have your ilr . God willing..

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:35 pm

pink85 wrote:hi..friends..some confusion on my application address
i got letter from ho about invalid application..it was said give us all document within 10 working days which we gave u back on 18 feb..(my application was invalid)..my quastion is..my soli already send document on 25th thursday..and he saying post come on his office address..but when i make application it was my address in form..home office ask me all document which they give me back( form,photo..and other document)..ho accept my invalid application valid..22th..today i called my soli again and ask about corrsponded address..he said come on ur address..his making confuse..before saying his and today saying my

or
or
i have to write letter?

anybody give me idea plssss..because i did not want make it invalid applicaton by missing bio?
Anybody highlight on my case plsss...

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:14 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Hi guys,

Another update on my case, I have received my BRP today with issue date of 17/02/2016. I have not received any letter from HO informing me of the decision yet but who needs it now.

It was almost one month since my PSC appointment but thanks God it is all over now.

I would like to thank you all the members and readers of this forum for there advise and help. It has been a great platform for information and guidance.

I will let you all know once I received the rest of my documents and my IHS refund.

Regrads

Congrats gameover_786,
1: Please did you apply using the premium service?
2: Did you apply when you clocked the full 10 years or 28 days before the 10th year (9 year 11 months 2 days)

Below is my scenario:

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:17 pm

sukosukkyboie wrote:Congrats gameover_786,
2: Did you apply when you clocked the full 10 years or 28 days before the 10th year (9 year 11 months 2 days)

Below is my scenario:

Thanks
You can apply for ILR anytime within 28 days of reaching 10 years long residence. Many have applied even though their visa expires a few days before hitting 10 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
sukosukkyboie wrote:Congrats gameover_786,

Below is my scenario:

Thanks
You can apply for ILR anytime within 28 days of reaching 10 years long residence. Many have applied even though their visa expires a few days before hitting 10 years.
Thanks for your response @CR001

from your explanation my current visa does not need to run until the 10th year. it only need to run until i clock 9 years 11 months 2 days (10years-28days)

Thanks
sukosukkyboie
Newly Registered

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:34 pm

sukosukkyboie wrote:That's according to UKBA officers (i called and spoke to 2 different people at different times) I thought they might be scaring me off.
HO are well known for giving incorrect advice. They are normal people in a call centre, they are not registered OISC advisors.

All visas have the benefit of applying 28 days before meeting the requirement (Non EU routes). Many people have done it, search the forum and you will see. Are you applying FLR(M) for your wife?

Please don't keep posting in this topic as it is not a 'general query' topic and the Original poster's questions/queries are getting drowned by others jumping in here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
sukosukkyboie wrote:That's according to UKBA officers (i called and spoke to 2 different people at different times) I thought they might be scaring me off.
HO are well known for giving incorrect advice. They are normal people in a call centre, they are not registered OISC advisors.

All visas have the benefit of applying 28 days before meeting the requirement (Non EU routes). Many people have done it, search the forum and you will see. Are you applying FLR(M) for your wife?

Please don't keep posting in this topic as it is not a 'general query' topic and the Original poster's questions/queries are getting drowned by others jumping in here.

Thanks again and sorry for jumping in, i thought it was a general for everyone.

My initial plan is to apply using PEO on the 18th and apply for my spouse on the 30th or first week in May.

How can I create my own query so as to avoid jumping in

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:58 pm

This article has been posted on the forum before, but is well worth reading for anyone considering relying on advice given on the UKVI 'help line'.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/immigra ... pectation/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:10 pm

sukosukkyboie wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks again and sorry for jumping in, i thought it was a general for everyone.

My initial plan is to apply using PEO on the 18th and apply for my spouse on the 30th or first week in May.

How can I create my own query so as to avoid jumping in
There is a 'new topic' button you click to start your own topic/thread.

What is your spouse applying?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
sukosukkyboie wrote:[quote="CR001"

There is a 'new topic' button you click to start your own topic/thread.

What is your spouse applying?

FLR(M) after i successfully get the ILR

pink85

Post by pink85 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:05 am

Can anybody highlight on my post plsss

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:46 am

pink85 wrote:

or
or
i have to write letter?

it is unfortunate that things arnt planned well when you have just sent in another application .
You csn ring h.o but you have had your experience in the past that calling them doesnt help all of thr time and the address I am confident wont be changed I hope they change it to where you want it to come.

just relax and see which address the letters come to . your solicitor shall tell you, keep him atshout every next day asking if he recived anything on ur behalf and chexk ur posts as well athome. It has to be one out of the two.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:46 am

pink85 wrote:

or
or
i have to write letter?

it is unfortunate that things arnt planned well when you have just sent in another application .
You csn ring h.o but you have had your experience in the past that calling them doesnt help all of thr time and the address I am confident wont be changed I hope they change it to where you want it to come.

just relax and see which address the letters come to . your solicitor shall tell you, keep him atshout every next day asking if he recived anything on ur behalf and chexk ur posts as well athome. It has to be one out of the two.

pink85

Post by pink85 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:52 am

Thank toy hairs...I m getting panic bcos 4 th March last day to submitted but my soli sad he already sent on 25 th Feb when I ask him ab postal recipe he sad we did not keep it...anyway I call Ho what's they reply n call my soli too....thanks

pink85

Post by pink85 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:31 pm

haris_zam wrote:
pink85 wrote:

or
i have to change addess with home office?(evan i did not change my old )
or
i have to write letter?

my friend haris...i m thinking to change my address by online https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

do u think its any side effect on that..just making sureness..evan i did not change my address and still i m changing same one...is that ok? bcos i did not wan my all post going on soli address..

today i called ho and they said we have same address wat u saying mean my current one..

i am thinking if i change now so it will update automaticly and post come my address

let me know plss wat u think