ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunni0

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Sunni0 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:35 pm

MissOwl wrote:
Sunni0 wrote:Please can everybody that has received a case not straightforward email or Supreme Court judgement on hold email contact their local MP to contact the immigration minister to take this up as you will not get your visa until 18 months has passed.

Everyone is being lied to as they are sending these generic emails to all even if you meet the criteria. If we can get everyone to do this it will speed up the process of getting your visa.

Hey Sunni0, this information about 18 months, came from your MP I understand, is there anywhere I can read about it? Thank you

We are yet to receive a response from my husband's local MP. People are getting visas, people who applied later than me, so really, not everyone is getting a on hold letter.

If you haven't received the on hold email you have nothing to worry about. It will get processed within the guidelines.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:39 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
Sunni0 wrote:Please can everybody that has received a case not straightforward email or Supreme Court judgement on hold email contact their local MP to contact the immigration minister to take this up as you will not get your visa until 18 months has passed.

Everyone is being lied to as they are sending these generic emails to all even if you meet the criteria. If we can get everyone to do this it will speed up the process of getting your visa.
I already had contacted my local MP. She sent mail to UKVI and no reply. Last week she called directly UKVI.

UKVI Told to MP:
His case is not straight forward.
We are working.
No timeline.

My MP said sorry and assured me will contact UKVI again after 1 month.

My Timelines now:-
Application Category: Spouse standard (Non Priority)
Application Submitted Online: 14-Dec-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Chennai
Supporting Documents reached Sheffield On : 02-Jan-2017.
Status check on 24-june-2017 : Waiting for decision

Probably I am the only one who waiting since Dec 2016. MP also could not help much. Really worrying me.
Hi , do you mind sharing the salary and if its a private business?

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:57 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:
MrClientServer wrote:

I already had contacted my local MP. She sent mail to UKVI and no reply. Last week she called directly UKVI.

UKVI Told to MP:
His case is not straight forward.
We are working.
No timeline.

Probably I am the only one who waiting since Dec 2016. MP also could not help much. Really worrying me.
My salary is £26000, employed.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:12 pm

If the company is private small business then they doubt it all , otherwise if its a known listen company say then there shouldnt be much hassle,

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:49 pm

My partner received the Supreme Court hold email in may. I contacted my MP a few weeks ago explaining the situation & that it should never have been put on hold, as I the sponsor used an immigration solicitor for the application, so there is no doubt I don't meet the criteria. She responded to me last week, saying she asked for the application to go back to the decision maker for reconsideration. She said there was no timescale on a response, but will chase up again this week. If/when I have an update I will share. As soon as I hear of even 1 person getting a decision who had received the hold email, it will make me feel much better

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:50 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:

Hi Levis - I applied under Salaried employee and I earn £36000 per anum and I had submitted 7 months bank stmts, 7 months payslips, Employer letter, 1 year p60. No kids.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:41 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:

Hi Levis - I applied under Salaried employee and I earn £36000 per anum and I had submitted 7 months bank stmts, 7 months payslips, Employer letter, 1 year p60. No kids.

We need contact our MP to contact the immigration minister for answers or they will just give you the same answer over and over.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:59 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:

That seems to be ABSOLUTELY alright!
Is that a listed or just a small scale private company ? Cause that can def play a role here!

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi everyone
My query is as my Spouse visa application is on hold and passport is with Ukvisa,
1: Can i ask for the passport return if i have to travel abroad?

2: would they cancel my application or continue to work on it while i hold my passport?

3: does anyone know how long is the time period given for submitting the passport back to them for Visa Stamp?

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Sunni0 wrote:
MissOwl wrote:

Hey Sunni0, this information about 18 months, came from your MP I understand, is there anywhere I can read about it? Thank you

We are yet to receive a response from my husband's local MP. People are getting visas, people who applied later than me, so really, not everyone is getting a on hold letter.

If you haven't received the on hold email you have nothing to worry about. It will get processed within the guidelines.
Oh but I did. That's why I'm asking. Might need to prepare myself to waiting for another 15 months if your MP is correct. That's why I'm asking if there's another source to this, other than your MP. I've googled and can't seem to find anything to clarify this information. No offence, but I hope they're wrong.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:21 pm

MissOwl wrote:
Sunni0 wrote:
MissOwl wrote:

Oh but I did. That's why I'm asking. Might need to prepare myself to waiting for another 15 months if your MP is correct. That's why I'm asking if there's another source to this, other than your MP. I've googled and can't seem to find anything to clarify this information. No offence, but I hope they're wrong.
HO can't hold your passport for more than 12 months. The last time there was a hold on applications was in 2014 I think when the court of appeals deemed the MIR as unlawful. And during this time, applications were on hold like it is this year, but that was resolved within 12 months.

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Pixelrage09, cheers. They have sent my passport back, so the question here is - can they hold the supporting documents for that long. Sigh, 12 months is not such a good perspective either. Thanks again for the information though.

O2017
Newly Registered

Post by O2017 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:26 am

I have received another email saying my passport is ready for collection. I am going to collect it in the morning. I was asked to bring a photo ID. I do not have a photo ID with me, but I have two copies of my passport. I hope that will do.

I applied online (non-priority) on 05-04-17, biometric completed on 13-04-17, decision made on 09-07-17 according to tracker but home office insists on 10-07-17 as the decision date, supporting documents returned to my wife oon 12-07-2017 and passport ready for collection on 12-07-17

Still no IHS refund.

Good luck everyone

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:45 am

O2017 wrote:I have received another email saying my passport is ready for collection. I am going to collect it in the morning. I was asked to bring a photo ID. I do not have a photo ID with me, but I have two copies of my passport. I hope that will do.

I applied online (non-priority) on 05-04-17, biometric completed on 13-04-17, decision made on 09-07-17 according to tracker but home office insists on 10-07-17 as the decision date, supporting documents returned to my wife oon 12-07-2017 and passport ready for collection on 12-07-17

Still no IHS refund.

Good luck everyone
My husband also received the text to collect his passport!
Hope its a yes!!!!

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:31 am

Tnptit93 wrote:Anna,

I applied a settlement fianceé visa. I have been waiting 120 days :cry: i have recieved nothing about my application until now

Hi Tptit93
I'm applying from Vietnam too and also settlements fiancé. I'm submitted 20 Feb 2017 . We same case on 30 may I received mail hold on and untill now still nothing responds.hope we get something news soon.

Tnptit93
Newly Registered

Post by Tnptit93 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:38 am

Trick wrote:
Tnptit93 wrote:Anna,

I applied a settlement fianceé visa. I have been waiting 120 days :cry: i have recieved nothing about my application until now

Hi Tptit93
I'm applying from Vietnam too and also settlements fiancé. I'm submitted 20 Feb 2017 . We same case on 30 may I received mail hold on and untill now still nothing responds.hope we get something news soon.
Trick. I applied in HCM. Still awating a decision online. When i spoke to them They say it is still awaiting decision on their system .once it is awaiting decision they have 90 working days before they respond. They say my application is on day 74 as they don't include weekends or bank holidays. When i emailed to them They have just said it's still being processed and they cannot do anything to affect the outcome, but they will look into it and let me know more in 2 days ( yesterday)

nothing is ensure. they said many things different each time i contacted them

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:40 am

Can anyone please guide me :

My query is as my Spouse visa application is on hold and passport is with Ukvisa,

2: would they cancel my application or continue to work on it while i hold my passport?

3: does anyone know how long is the time period given for submitting the passport back to them for Visa Stamp?

Tnptit93
Newly Registered

Post by Tnptit93 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:51 am

when i came to VFS office to apply my documents they said i have to wait around 6 months. she also told me There was a case that had to wait 19 months

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 am

Tnptit93 wrote:when i came to VFS office to apply my documents they said i have to wait around 6 months. she also told me There was a case that had to wait 19 months

Well. The guy in VFS office hcm told me same . Him said must be wait 6month but that time I thought him joking .but anyway take long already so I just hope we will get good answer .

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Can anyone please guide me :

Hi levis - In some cases UKVI holding both Applicant and sponsor's passport but most cases they hold only Applicant passport. In your case if u are the sponsor then approach a solicitor and request them for your passport they might consider. But if you request your wife's (applicant) passport then its like you are WITHDRAWING request or cancelling the application and in this case I reckon you will loose the application fees and may get only your IHS(nhs) fees back.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi all ,
Can anyone please advice what do you mean when they say " your application is being considered and is awaiting approval "

I asked about my application status and that's the reply I got

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Yesterday I had word with a friend's friend who is from Scotland (Edinburgh). He had another horrifying story. He had applied settlement visa for his wife from India in feb 2013 and in April their application got rejected with following 2 reasons
1. Insufficient salary (self employed but UKVI did miscalculation)
2. sharing accommodation hence overcrowded

He later went for appeal. the appeal took 7 months. Finally his solicitor succeed in getting visa approval. But UKVI hold her passport 11 months 10 days. it was very clear UKVI had miscalculated his salary and the second reason with regards to Sharing accommodation which was overcrowded bit contrast. but in total UKVI hold his wifes passport 11 months 10 days which is bit worrying me. Today I had entered into 8 month beginning. I heard from few sources that UKVI or HO cant hold passport more than 12 months.

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:33 pm

MrClientServer wrote:Yesterday I had word with a friend's friend who is from Scotland (Edinburgh). He had another horrifying story. He had applied settlement visa for his wife from India in feb 2013 and in April their application got rejected with following 2 reasons
1. Insufficient salary (self employed but UKVI did miscalculation)
2. sharing accommodation hence overcrowded

He later went for appeal. the appeal took 7 months. Finally his solicitor succeed in getting visa approval. But UKVI hold her passport 11 months 10 days. it was very clear UKVI had miscalculated his salary and the second reason with regards to Sharing accommodation which was overcrowded bit contrast. but in total UKVI hold his wifes passport 11 months 10 days which is bit worrying me. Today I had entered into 8 month beginning. I heard from few sources that UKVI or HO cant hold passport more than 12 months.

Hi MrClientServer,

Where have you heard that they cannot hold a passport for more than 12 months? as i have heard if a application has been put on hold it can take upto 18 months.

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi to All,

I have applied for my wifes UK spouse settlement Visa, and it all went well from applying at the Visa Centre in Rome.

What they did was scan all the documents (which they send to Sheffield, UK), and handed the file back, but took the wife's Indian passport. That was done on the 8th of May.
Also, we paid the AVS: Settlement Priority Visa Service (man thats expensive!!!)

We have had since the week of the 8th of May:

Services Selected √
Services paid √
Application Submitted √
Transferred for Decision √
Received by UKVI √

But have been waiting for this:

Decision Made
Ready for Collection
Passport Returned

Its now the 13th of July... so I'm guessing still a while to go...

Does anyone have experience of their application from Rome and can give their experience?

Its the hardest thing this waiting game, especially for my wife who isnt working whilst in Italy.
We are praying the decision wont take too long.

Kind Regards,
Vijay

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi guys

I applied for my husbands visa (priority) on 24th March. Since then my employer received a phone call towards mid May. It's now been almost 4 months and I've heard nothing back, they sent my husbands documents back to me last month but no sign of his visa still, he received an email a couple of weeks back saying it's been put on hold and we phoned today and they stated that it's something to do with my finances. I earn £19,200 a year and have £25,000+ in savings. Could there be anything wrong with my finances?
Also is there anyway to escalate this case as I'm very desperate to get his visa as you all know it's very frustrating and heartbreaking to be apart.

Good luck to all of you x