ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Delay Pakistan

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rakhshanda hameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 Visa Delay Pakistan

Post by rakhshanda hameed » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:20 pm

frodo25 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:55 am
rakhshanda hameed wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:45 am
what is your course start date? and are you expecting a second interview? they asked me 5-6 general questions so i'm not expecting a second interview. Hopefully i get my passport back this week, otherwise it wil be next week insha'allah
my course start date is 25th september(as written in CAS), my classes actually start on 2nd october and last date of joining course is 13th october. I had a 10 min interview as well and they didnt ask me too many questions either. if they require a second interview, they will email us or call us for that. yeah you should get the passport back by next week so good luck with that. which uni have u applied to ?
it's teesside university, did you get any response?

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:55 pm

rakhshanda hameed wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:20 pm
frodo25 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:55 am
rakhshanda hameed wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:45 am
what is your course start date? and are you expecting a second interview? they asked me 5-6 general questions so i'm not expecting a second interview. Hopefully i get my passport back this week, otherwise it wil be next week insha'allah
my course start date is 25th september(as written in CAS), my classes actually start on 2nd october and last date of joining course is 13th october. I had a 10 min interview as well and they didnt ask me too many questions either. if they require a second interview, they will email us or call us for that. yeah you should get the passport back by next week so good luck with that. which uni have u applied to ?
it's teesside university, did you get any response?
no further response yet, i emailed ukvi today and my application is still under processing

waitingparadox
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by waitingparadox » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:01 am

8th September - Biometrics & Interview completed.
11th September - Text & ECO email, confirmation of application being received.
22nd September - Unable to decide within 15 working days (Only been 10 working days at this point)

27th September today, and haven't heard back anything since then. Can I expect an email this Friday? When 15 working days are completed? My tracking number shows up as not recognised still. Already missed a week of classes. Returning student, applied from Lahore.

Anyone else applied with similar circumstances and around the same time? Any ideas as to how long this might take? Regards, and thanks if I have missed something in the previous messages.

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:56 am

waitingparadox wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:01 am
22nd September - Unable to decide within 15 working days (Only been 10 working days at this point)

27th September today, and haven't heard back anything since then. Can I expect an email this Friday? When 15 working days are completed? My tracking number shows up as not recognised still. Already missed a week of classes. Returning student, applied from Lahore.

Anyone else applied with similar circumstances and around the same time? Any ideas as to how long this might take? Regards, and thanks if I have missed something in the previous messages.
is there a tracking option available for pakistan? could you share the link.

i applied on 15th, got confirmation on 18th. and still waiting for a response. i applied from lahore as well, returning student.

you should expect an email this week sometime

um360941
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by um360941 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:22 am

waitingparadox wrote:

I have the same application timeline dude, still waiting. Received that same email on 22 September as well.
Still waiting :(

waitingparadox
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by waitingparadox » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:08 am

um360941 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:22 am
waitingparadox wrote:

I have the same application timeline dude, still waiting. Received that same email on 22 September as well.
They told me students aren't entitled to priority visa service, or I would have paid for it. My interview literally took less than a minute. Not exaggerating. Please keep me posted if you hear anything, I will post too, really stressed out, already missing classes.

Here's the link to track your visa, for the other person
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

But I think it's pretty much useless, says not recognised if your application hasn't been updated yet.

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 am

waitingparadox wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:08 am
um360941 wrote:
waitingparadox wrote:

They told me students aren't entitled to priority visa service, or I would have paid for it. My interview literally took less than a minute. Not exaggerating. Please keep me posted if you hear anything, I will post too, really stressed out, already missing classes.

But I think it's pretty much useless, says not recognised if your application hasn't been updated yet.
i already email ukvi on monday and got the response that my application is still under process. why did they tell you its unrecognised? could you share wording of your email? you might want to contact your uni regarding this

waitingparadox
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by waitingparadox » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:42 am

frodo25 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 am
i already email ukvi on monday and got the response that my application is still under process. why did they tell you its unrecognised? could you share wording of your email? you might want to contact your uni regarding this
I didn't contact them, it says not recognised on the tracker that I linked earlier.

Yeah sure.

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application remains under consideration.

We have previously communicated our customer service target for non-settlement applications as 15 working days. Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service target. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause."

I did, they know I will be late.

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:58 am

waitingparadox wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:42 am
frodo25 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 am
I didn't contact them, it says not recognised on the tracker that I linked earlier.

Yeah sure.

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application remains under consideration.

We have previously communicated our customer service target for non-settlement applications as 15 working days. Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service target. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause."

I did, they know I will be late.
the visa tracking service only works from within UK so thats why its showing unrecognised.

um360941
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by um360941 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:03 pm

waitingparadox wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:08 am
um360941 wrote:
waitingparadox wrote:

yeah dude, same here stressed and missing classes. Hopefully, we hear something by the end of this week at least.

um360941
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by um360941 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:44 pm

I just emailed the UKVI and they told me that the decision has been made and that you have to wait for your visa center to notify you when the documents are ready. I would recommend emailing them if you want to know the status of your application. I feel like, for the people who applied on 8th September, decision have already been made and a few people in the the other forum said that they got notification already to pick their documents. Shouldn't be long for us. Hoping to get the notification by this week and hoping that visa is approved for everybody.

waitingparadox
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by waitingparadox » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:06 am

um360941 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:44 pm
I just emailed the UKVI and they told me that the decision has been made and that you have to wait for your visa center to notify you when the documents are ready. I would recommend emailing them if you want to know the status of your application. I feel like, for the people who applied on 8th September, decision have already been made and a few people in the the other forum said that they got notification already to pick their documents. Shouldn't be long for us. Hoping to get the notification by this week and hoping that visa is approved for everybody.
That's really good news man, I will email them too. I hope we get something by the end of this week IA. Good luck!

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:48 am

um360941 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:44 pm
my university informed me that CAS has been used by the 26th. i applied on 15th. so yeah now they are making decisions within their time frame.

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 am

i just received my visa. for anyone still waiting, this is my timeline:

sept 15th: visa application submission and biometrics
sep 18th: application received email from UKVI
sep 28th: Passport collection phone call

my CAS was used on the 26th and my visa was stamped on 26th as well.
total time: 9 working days

ashmsheikh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ashmsheikh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:39 pm

frodo25 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 am

Hello man,

I applied online on 11/09 had the interview and doc scanning on 13/09 and the app received on 14/09.

to date no correspondence from UKVI. i called on the 20th they said the application is still under process.

uni will extend the last enrollment deadline but dont know what to do!!

waitingparadox
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by waitingparadox » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:54 pm

frodo25 wrote:

Can you tell me what phone number they used? Might have had some unknown missed calls.

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm

ashmsheikh wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:39 pm
frodo25 wrote:

Hello man,

I applied online on 11/09 had the interview and doc scanning on 13/09 and the app received on 14/09.

to date no correspondence from UKVI. i called on the 20th they said the application is still under process.

email your uni and ask them if CAS has been used and on what date. if the CAS has been used, then a decision will be made within a few days. if the cas has not been used, then ask your uni if they can do sth to push your case.
call ukvi again and ask if a decision has been made. it usually takes 2-4 days after decision to receive passport. if the decision has been made then visit your visa application center, incase your passport has arrived

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:01 pm

waitingparadox wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:54 pm
frodo25 wrote:

Can you tell me what phone number they used? Might have had some unknown missed calls.
the number started with a 6. but i cant post the number as its not allowed in the forum. i applied from the lahore center

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:04 pm

frodo25 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:01 pm
waitingparadox wrote:
frodo25 wrote:

the number started with a 6. but i cant post the number as its not allowed in the forum. i applied from the lahore center
Who said you cannot post official HO or visa application centre telephone numbers??? It is PERSONAL phone numbers that cannot be posted!!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashmsheikh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ashmsheikh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:20 pm

frodo25 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
ashmsheikh wrote:
frodo25 wrote:

Hello man,

email your uni and ask them if CAS has been used and on what date. if the CAS has been used, then a decision will be made within a few days. if the cas has not been used, then ask your uni if they can do sth to push your case.
call ukvi again and ask if a decision has been made. it usually takes 2-4 days after decision to receive passport. if the decision has been made then visit your visa application center, incase your passport has arrived
thanks for your reply

bro called ukvi, they said the decision has been made.

i am a bit worried as i haven't received any decision email from them and no text from isb vac.
i was honestly expecting a second interview but didn't get a call.

did you receive any correspondence in the waiting time period?

um360941
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by um360941 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Hey guys, i am a bit worried too. Even though my decision is already made according to UKVI, I have not received any update from visa application center Islamabad. While most of the people who applied on 8th September have received the notification and got their decision. And i believe, there are ashura holidays also coming so i am really worried that it will be delayed even more.

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:31 pm

waitingparadox wrote:
frodo25 wrote:

i got a call from this number. 04236299215. its vfs lahore number.

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:34 pm

ashmsheikh wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:20 pm
frodo25 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm
ashmsheikh wrote:
frodo25 wrote:

Hello man,

thanks for your reply

bro called ukvi, they said the decision has been made.

i am a bit worried as i haven't received any decision email from them and no text from isb vac.
i was honestly expecting a second interview but didn't get a call.

did you receive any correspondence in the waiting time period?
i didnt get any other correspondence other than what i have mentioned. if your decision has been made, then wait till friday, otherwise visit the application centre on monday and see if the application has arrived. it shouldnt take more than this. if its still delayed, contact the uk embassy in islamabad.

waitingparadox
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by waitingparadox » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 am

um360941 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:33 pm
Hey guys, i am a bit worried too. Even though my decision is already made according to UKVI, I have not received any update from visa application center Islamabad. While most of the people who applied on 8th September have received the notification and got their decision. And i believe, there are ashura holidays also coming so i am really worried that it will be delayed even more.
Hear anything yet? Nothing on my end today. Ashura holidays are on Saturday and Sunday btw, luckily. So don't worry about that.

Thank you for the number btw.

um360941
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by um360941 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:31 am

waitingparadox wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 am
um360941 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:33 pm
Hear anything yet? Nothing on my end today. Ashura holidays are on Saturday and Sunday btw, luckily. So don't worry about that.

Thank you for the number btw.
Just got the text. Going right now to pick up and see. And there is a holiday on monday and gerrys will be closed on monday so if you get a text today get it by 4 pm.