ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier2 General(Restricted) visa issuance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mehrabera
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Delay in Tier2 General(Restricted) visa issuance

Post by Mehrabera » Wed May 30, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi , I have been reading all stories about tier 2 visa delay. Mine is a bit different. I applied 25th March as standard visa from Bangladesh. After 10 days I got an email from Sheffield that they received my application. On 19 th April when I didn’t hear any thing from VFS I decide to email them and they replied that the decision has been taken and vfs will contact me. After few day when I didn’t hear any thing from VFS I decided to visit them but they said they haven’t got anything. On3rd May I emailed UkVI again why VFS didn’t receive my decision they again replied me with same email that decision has been taken and I should wait. This time they added a new paragraph saying it may take 2-3 week to return my documents. Well, I was surprised by this , however , decided to wait again. Then on 14th May I made a call to UKVI and then they gave me a most surprising information that my decision is pending. When I mentioned about their earlier email they modified their information and said that my decision was taken but it reopened for a review. They didn’t have me any proper answer about what kind of review it is and advised me to wait for 15 working days to get any update and escalated my case. Since then you called them twice. Same answer and couldn’t give me any time frame.I contacted to my employer to see if home off Very contacted them to verify anything or not. Thats also negative. No call to my employer. No email in Junk folder.
It’s over 2 months since I applied. Still no news.

Is there anyone experiencing this? What shall I do?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:34 am

royarjun2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am
ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:31 am
royarjun2005 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am
ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:26 am

i guess plabber didnt cleared mentioned, however I presume he collected his passport (VISA stamped) from VFS directly, after he received news that decision is made!

If you too got the message and not opted courier - it is worth trying in VFS
Good luck arjun!
Hi Ashish. Thank you for the message. I have visited 3 times already. It's very annoying. My joining date is nearing and I don't even know if my application has been approved or rejected!
I can understand your situation, if it is priority application - atleast you would know the decision I guess, whether you received you passport or not.
I believe you applied standard.
I can only say you chase as much as possible on UKVI email or phone option!
My best wishes to you

I am anxious as I too submitting my application on 18-May
Assume that it will take 20 working days...
My God! what a statement...........I am heading towards 20 days in few days time and yet waiting for VISA!!!!!
Bro....although u have an urge to say....plz dont predict for others agony (on a lighter note :))

Mehrabera
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Mehrabera » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi , I have been reading all stories about tier 2 visa delay. Mine is a bit different. I applied 25th March as standard visa from Bangladesh. After 10 days I got an email from Sheffield that they received my application. On 19 th April when I didn’t hear any thing from VFS I decide to email them and they replied that the decision has been taken and vfs will contact me. After few day when I didn’t hear any thing from VFS I decided to visit them but they said they haven’t got anything. On3rd May I emailed UkVI again why VFS didn’t receive my decision they again replied me with same email that decision has been taken and I should wait. This time they added a new paragraph saying it may take 2-3 week to return my documents. Well, I was surprised by this , however , decided to wait again. Then on 14th May I made a call to UKVI and then they gave me a most surprising information that my decision is pending. When I mentioned about their earlier email they modified their information and said that my decision was taken but it reopened for a review. They didn’t have me any proper answer about what kind of review it is and advised me to wait for 15 working days to get any update and escalated my case. Since then you called them twice. Same answer and couldn’t give me any time frame.I contacted to my employer to see if home off Very contacted them to verify anything or not. Thats also negative. No call to my employer. No email in Junk folder.
It’s over 2 months since I applied. Still no news.

Is there anyone experiencing this? What shall I do?

Ibt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ibt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 am

Good morning All,

Please I applied for a tier 2 minister of Religion uk visa on the 23rd of January 2018 with my wife and four children as dependents. We used the priority service and up till now our visas are not out. We applied from Abuja in Nigeria. My COS is valid for 3 yrs and i was meant to resume in February 2018.

I made several calls and emails but no information. They went to my sponsor and had very detailed interview and asked the church to give them a letter extending my resumption date and the church obliged and extended my resumption time to 1st of June, 2018. I havent still heard a thing. Every time I checked to follow up its says decision not made.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:46 am

I received my VISA after 11 working days :)

Raj5394
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj5394 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:20 am

Congrats Ashish.
I finally got my visa after 45 working days. Collected the passports last Monday on 4th June.
To all those waiting, just be patient and hopeful. There is only so much you can do regarding UK visas. They are not at all transparent and they would not communicate proper details. Keep a watchful eye and keep escalating.. :D
Best wishes to you all!

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 am

Raj5394 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:20 am
Congrats Ashish.
I finally got my visa after 45 working days. Collected the passports last Monday on 4th June.
To all those waiting, just be patient and hopeful. There is only so much you can do regarding UK visas. They are not at all transparent and they would not communicate proper details. Keep a watchful eye and keep escalating.. :D
Best wishes to you all!
Thank God, I was worried what happened about your application. Actually you were the starter of this thread :)
I am so happy for you. It is ironical that priority VISAs takes 11 days (my case) till 45 days (ur case). I tried escalating on VFS who actually collecting this costly service regarding the default!
Adding to the irony, all my 3 times previous T2 cases were decisoned in 10 working days - where I applied in standard service. And when applied on priority this time, it took 11 working days :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:05 am

As the original poster has now received their visa, this topic is concluded and will be locked to avoid it becoming another long running, time consuming thread to moderate.

Good luck and congrats.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.