ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2008 (UK) Applicants .......Post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Hello forum,

I have been a silent observer for few months now. this forum has helped me a lot to understand and see the current processing times.

i am little bit worried and confused now as seems like i am one of the few people here on the forum who have been waiting for almost 12weeks now. i applied on 14th June from UK and still waiting. I have tried to call HO CC few times and all the time they give the same answer " Still under consideration and no decision has been made yet". is this normal?? did sent an email last week as well and havent heard anything back.

my case is straight forward with UK employer and Degree. wht can be the issue (if there is one, i cant think of any). can it be the case that its just lying around somewhere in HO and nobody is bothered to do anything about it. seems very strange that people who applied around the end of july and begining of Aug are getting visa faster then people who applied in June. whts the logic??

Any comments & suggestions please.

Regards

john

cui

Post by cui » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am

Hello folks,

In the similar situation as John, I applied at the end of June, but still havent got passport back. Though I see loads of July applicants are getting their passport back over the last couple of weeks. I m really pissed off.

Can I ask is there any other June applicants out there that are still waiting?

neesee
Newly Registered

Post by neesee » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:53 am

Hello All,

It's my time to share good news to all. ..

I have received my documents back on Friday 5th September. Here are the Timelines in my case....

WP to Tier 1 from UK
Applied (Along with 2 Dependants): 27-06-2008
Received at HO: 30-06-2008
Reference given (PB**): 03-07-08
Fee Deducted : 04-07-08
Approval date: 28-08-2008 (Visa Stamped till Aug'11 )
Documents Received: 05-09-2008

It took apprx 9 weeks in my case. This forum is great & it has helped in many ways. I have been monitoring the cases since last 4 months on this forum & based on my case experience i can say that the time lines mentioned by any individual here basically helps as an guidance but the actual timeline in every case is different. I was told by the HO whenever i used to call them for status that it all depends on the case worker & also on the case, if the case is straight forward they process it within 6 weeks & others may take time depending upon the application...

Now the criteria of straight forward case is not know here, i guess they pick case randomly & process it but going by last 4 months average timeline i can say that it may take anywhere between 6 weeks to 12 weeks, so guys who have applied keep patience it will come through.

Thank you all providing valuable inputs & All the best to everyone who are still waiting..

This forum Rocks!!!
NS

justice122

Post by justice122 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Congrats mate, appreciate ur reply and obseravtion. i have been waiting for 12 weeks and would like to think mine is sraight forward case. wonder whats going on. there are people on this and another forum who have been waiting for more than 3.5months.

only god can help us...........

p.s - guys anyone who applied in JUNE 08 or before that from UK please post your timlines here

neesee wrote:
Now the criteria of straight forward case is not know here, i guess they pick case randomly & process it but going by last 4 months average timeline i can say that it may take anywhere between 6 weeks to 12 weeks, so guys who have applied keep patience it will come through.

Thank you all providing valuable inputs & All the best to everyone who are still waiting..

This forum Rocks!!!
NS

cui

Post by cui » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:10 am

justice122 wrote:Congrats mate, appreciate ur reply and obseravtion. i have been waiting for 12 weeks and would like to think mine is sraight forward case. wonder whats going on. there are people on this and another forum who have been waiting for more than 3.5months.

only god can help us...........

p.s - guys anyone who applied in JUNE 08 or before that from UK please post your timlines here

neesee wrote:

This forum Rocks!!!
NS

Application received: 30 June 2008
UT received: 14 Aug 2008
UT status: actioned
Application status: under consideration
Commnets: ridiculous

miria
Newly Registered

application sent 28th June

Post by miria » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Yes we are still there who applied in June and still waiting. I cant take it anymore.
Application sent 28th June
Status 'still under consideration'

miria
Newly Registered

Post by miria » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Sorry this message came thru twice I'm trying to delete it.
Last edited by miria on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grant1
Member of Standing

Re: application sent 28th June

Post by grant1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:52 pm

I applied 2 weeks before you and still waiting.................... :!:
miria wrote:Yes we are still there who applied in June and still waiting. I cant take it anymore.

cui

Post by cui » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Dear awaiting June applicants,

We should all call HO everyday until they are so annoyed and send our passports back.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:49 pm

miria wrote:Yes we are still there who applied in June and still waiting. I cant take it anymore.

Guys to give u an update................

I just called HO today after may be 10days. I Got the same answer i was expecting......"still under consideration" :( . I asked the CC politely to see if he can call the case worker and see how far is my case as its been a while?? he did put me on hold for 2-3 minutes and said "yeah they are still working on it and he cant say how long it will be". i am not sure if he really spoke to the CW or not. i Did send an email to HO 7 days ago and havent heard anything back as yet.

I applied in the 2nd week of June and its coming up to 3 months now. I have no clue in the world how long will it be before i will get my passport back.

GOD please help me.

Guys! any suggestions??

Regards

Grant :)

vijayvvd

Post by vijayvvd » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi,
Are you writing to " WPCustomers wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) mail id. I got 2 replies very prompt.
I am not sure why you are not getting reply.....try n write a mail explaining the delay and impact that you will are having .....may be suggest potential loss of job opportunity.
It can help......however no guarantee.
but worth tryin
grant1 wrote:

Guys to give u an update................

I just called HO today after may be 10days. I Got the same answer i was expecting......"still under consideration" :( . I asked the CC politely to see if he can call the case worker and see how far is my case as its been a while?? he did put me on hold for 2-3 minutes and said "yeah they are still working on it and he cant say how long it will be". i am not sure if he really spoke to the CW or not. i Did send an email to HO 7 days ago and havent heard anything back as yet.

I applied in the 2nd week of June and its coming up to 3 months now. I have no clue in the world how long will it be before i will get my passport back.

GOD please help me.

Guys! any suggestions??

Regards

Grant :)

justice122

Post by justice122 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 am

Any updates from anyone today guys??

Whts going on.............. normally lots of people recieve there docs back on tue & wed but this week literally no one has got anything back??

Regards

Hemang
Newly Registered

Similar Situation

Post by Hemang » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:52 am

cui wrote:Hello folks,

I am also in the queue for waiting the stamping.
I had applied on 26 june 2008, but still have not got passprt back.

justice122

Re: Similar Situation

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:09 am

CUI,

how do u know that " your are in the queue for waiting the stamping?"

Regards
Hemang wrote:

cui

Post by cui » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 am

justice122 wrote:CUI,

Regards
Hemang wrote:

hello justice122,

I am sorry, I am afraid you got the wrong quote. Those words werent from me, I applied on 30 June. Please check who that person is just so he/she can give you the answer.

Thanks,

cui

ps: That is also what I want to know

cui

Post by cui » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:20 am

Hello grant1,

Have you STILL not got your papers back yet???

Have you called HO to find out why?

Myself have also been waiting for 11 weeks and seriously, I am thinking to withdraw it if it doesnt come back before Oct. It nearly makes me cry.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:50 am

Thanks for asking CUI,

I am in excatly same situation. there is no point calling CC, u dnt get too far with them, only answer u ever get is " still under consideration". so i dnt call them anymore, just waiting patiently............ have completed 3months this week. I know its really hard.

Regards
cui wrote:Hello grant1,

Have you STILL not got your papers back yet???

Have you called HO to find out why?

Myself have also been waiting for 11 weeks and seriously, I am thinking to withdraw it if it doesnt come back before Oct. It nearly makes me cry.

cui

Post by cui » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:17 am

Hello miria,

have you heard any updates from HO? I applied on 30 June, do you believe that our paasport can come back before Oct? I wish I could ask a fotune teller.

june20

Post by june20 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:31 am

Hi cui,
Iam also in same situation as you are.I applied on 23rd june still waiting :( .I called them yesterday got the standard reply it is still under consideration.I asked CC how much more time its goin to take got the rude reply "i dont know how much time its goin to take".They are also not waiting for any documents from my side.God knows why they are taking so much time.Lets hope for the best.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:51 am

I have exactly the same timlines as u and still waiting and get the same answer everytime i ring CC. God please help us........... running out of paitence. approaching almost 3 months now. Please help .............

june20 wrote:Hi cui,
Iam also in same situation as you are.I applied on 23rd june still waiting :( .I called them yesterday got the standard reply it is still under consideration.I asked CC how much more time its goin to take got the rude reply "i dont know how much time its goin to take".They are also not waiting for any documents from my side.God knows why they are taking so much time.Lets hope for the best.

june20

Post by june20 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am

God knows mate what the exact problem is with applications applied on last week of june. Its very fustrating to see august/september applications getting processed so quickly. I dont want to apply for UT.Lets see may be next week !!!

justice122

Post by justice122 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:10 pm

I dnt want to do that either even thaugh i have a personal reason to do so and i need to travel abroad soon. lets wait till end of next week anyways........... i am sure god is just testing our paitence and we will get our visa soon.

Keep the faith :)
june20 wrote:God knows mate what the exact problem is with applications applied on last week of june. Its very fustrating to see august/september applications getting processed so quickly. I dont want to apply for UT.Lets see may be next week !!!

miria
Newly Registered

Post by miria » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:59 pm

Hello Cui,

I havent got any updates since I last called on 1st September and got the standard reply. However yesterday I asked an immigration solicitor how long applications are taking and that I applied 28th June for Tier 1.She told me that they are taking longer these days ` and the timeline is 12 to 14 weeks. But she said I should give it another 2 to 4 weeks. She said I should start preparing myself for any outcome now since my current visa expires in end of October and I may get the results close to this expiry date. I'm also just keeping the Faith like Grant and justice122
and hoping that this unpleasant situation comes to an end as soon as possible.

Miria
cui wrote:

Hello miria,

have you heard any updates from HO? I applied on 30 June, do you believe that our paasport can come back before Oct? I wish I could ask a fotune teller.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Thats it miria,

as per my understanding and observations of different forums......... the max time it takes to get the doc's back from HO is 14weeks and if u dnt get ans in 14 weeks then it can go upto anything from 5 to 6 months. so i would say have some more paitence and wait till the 14weeks are over and still u dont get anything then u need to act accordingly.

Keep the faith........... :)
miria wrote:Hello Cui,

I havent got any updates since I last called on 1st September and got the standard reply. However yesterday I asked an immigration solicitor how long applications are taking and that I applied 28th June for Tier 1.She told me that they are taking longer these days ` and the timeline is 12 to 14 weeks. But she said I should give it another 2 to 4 weeks. She said I should start preparing myself for any outcome now since my current visa expires in end of October and I may get the results close to this expiry date. I'm also just keeping the Faith like Grant and justice122
and hoping that this unpleasant situation comes to an end as soon as possible.

Miria
cui wrote:

Hello miria,

Hemang
Newly Registered

Post by Hemang » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Hello There,

First of all i would like to tell you that my HSMP was approved in April 2008 and i had sent just for stamping on 26 June 2008. That took a long time.

But i would like to share the good news as well.

I have received my Passports with Stamping today morning.

My details are :-

Applied for HSMP (under old system) - 19 Feb 2008
Approval of HSMP - 03 Apr 2008
Sent for Stamping - 26 June 2008
Payment Cleared from bank account - 03 July 2008
Passports and Other Documents received - 12 Sep 2008 (Finally!!!!)
Actual Stamping was done on- 13 Aug 2008

God only knows then why it took so much time then?
But Everything is well when it ends well.

This forum is really nice and people puts the realistic comments.
All the very best for those who are waiting.

Regards,
Hemang
justice122 wrote:CUI,

Regards
Hemang wrote: