ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mick2109
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by mick2109 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:27 am

dad12345 wrote:
llvlludi wrote:I just emailed citizenship department to know my application status. Within few seconds i got an reply
"Hi,

Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division"
I think its an automate reply, there is no way someone can check your application and reply back in seconds.

It is start to get really frustrating now, my application is taking too long.

Hi there,

Do not fell bad, I am on the same boat. Applied 2 weeks after you and got the same reply. It's kind of frustating when you see someone who applied in June and has got the invitiation already but there is nothing we can do. There is not point bring this out as they might take personally and delay the proccess. Lets wait buddy unfortunately. Sent them an email just to double check if the same was going to happen to me, 2 minutes later receive the same reply. It has to be automatic message.
dear all plz dont worry i know its frustrating but nothin u can do .i m with u too applied since sep 2016 and i m getting same email since jan 2016 applied based 3 year irish spouse live in northern ireland .just wait and watch guys end of day we all get approval i hope so.keep positive guys thanks.congrays for whot hot approval already

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:58 am

Hi guys,

I've seen people saying that next ceremony is scheduled for March/2017 I mean after the november/2016. Is it for sure? Any chance of having a ceremony in Jan or Feb instead?

shahidmahmood12345
Newly Registered

Post by shahidmahmood12345 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:53 am

Is there anyone who got their approval recently in October or November 2016?

thanks

namani
Newly Registered

Post by namani » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi,
I have applied for my citizenship in dec 2015, under Irish Association got first letter and no further letters from the INIS. each time I send email, I get replied My application continues to be processed. But I have to move to UK for 6 months as a part of my job. SHould this affect my application. Is it Ok for me to change my address to UK, while my application is under process still. Any thoughts welcome.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:32 am

@namani I guess you will need to check with them, see Q&A of the Frequently asked Questions about Irish Citizenship and Naturalisation section in their website.

Q. What happens if I leave the State while my application is being processed?

A. If you are leaving the State on a temporary basis, it would be preferable that you advise the Department of the circumstances, so that officials will be aware of the situation if they need to contact you in relation to your application. The legal provisions governing naturalisation require that a naturalised person continue to reside in the State after naturalisation, and any long-term absences will be assessed in that light.

one2three

Post by one2three » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 am

I am sending in my naturalization application today along with my original passports,
How long would it take to get my passport back? As i have some holidays booked from december 25th.

Will i get the passport back before then ?

How long it normally takes now a days to get passport back ?
I am because we are.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:35 am

one2three wrote:I am sending in my naturalization application today along with my original passports,
How long would it take to get my passport back? As i have some holidays booked from december 25th.

Hi there, as per INIS website they are requesting at least 4 weeks to return passport. Access link below.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Citizenship

one2three

Post by one2three » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:31 pm

dad12345 wrote:
one2three wrote:I am sending in my naturalization application today along with my original passports,

Hi there, as per INIS website they are requesting at least 4 weeks to return passport. Access link below.

Thank you.

Has anyone who applied recently and got back the passport and can share the first hand experience?

Thanks
I am because we are.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:32 pm

one2three wrote:
dad12345 wrote:

Thank you.

Has anyone who applied recently and got back the passport and can share the first hand experience?

Thanks
Hi there,

Of course you can, let people know as they might have the same question and they would have a brief idea when see your post.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi All,

I have been following this forum for long time. I posted once or twice 8/9 months earlier. Can't remember my UserID and Password. Just signed up with another email address. Here is my story:

Applied based on STAMP 4 EU FAM, 5 Years.

I applied at the beginning of January, 2016 through my solicitor which was a very big mistake. If I knew, applying through solicitor may make my application very slow, I wouldn't do that.

In the middle or end of March, 2016 I got an acknowledgment letter where they requested few documents which I sent them within a week or so.

It is necessary to mention that, I was in a court for over speeding back in 2010. I got 4 penalty points and €120.00 fine. I paid the fine on the same day. I mentioned it on my application and attached the proof of payment with the application.

On 9th of November, 2016 I received a letter from the naturalization department advising that my application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing. My case will be submitted to the Minister for decision as soon as their enquiries are complete and all required documentation has been complied.

I have a feeling at this stage they will hold my application after checking (Garda, Revenue & Other agencies) at least 5-8 months. I am being punished because I went to the court and applied through the solicitor, probably 3-5 more months to prepare my application to be submitted to the minister and another 2-3 months to come back from minister's office.

I have a friend whose situation was exactly same as mine who got his approval after 21 months.

*** Important Note *** I strongly encourage everyone not to apply through the solicitor.

I have another friend from Africa who got his approval within 4 and half months in 2014. He got a help to filled out his application from some free solicitor from Gardiner Stree in the town. He said, he only paid 10 euro to attested all of his documents to those solicitors and send his application by himself. That's it.

In most cases, naturalization department spent more time for any application that is submitted through the solicitor. They are a bit suspicious about those application as such an easy shouldn't be submitted through the solicitor.

I read last three years story in this forum and came to a conclusion that, it is much much better to apply without a solicitor. Naturalization application is simply straight forward, an applicant should apply for naturalization by themselves. I don't see any reason why I went through a solicitor. However, I learned my lesson.

Above all is my own verdict, don't take it as 100% correct as cases and person to person may vary also who is looking after your application in the naturalization office

Does anyone has any sample or template of Letter of Remorse, I would much appreciate if you can give me one. I am thinking to send one as it may speed up my application.

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:40 pm

iCloud wrote:Hi All,

I have been following this forum for long time. I posted once or twice 8/9 months earlier. Can't remember my UserID and Password. Just signed up with another email address. Here is my story:

I applied at the beginning of January, 2016 through my solicitor which was a very big mistake. If I knew, applying through solicitor may make my application very slow, I wouldn't do that.

In the middle or end of March, 2016 I got an acknowledgment letter where they requested few documents which I sent them within a week or so.

It is necessary to mention that, I was in a court for over speeding back in 2010. I got 4 penalty points and €120.00 fine. I paid the fine on the same day. I mentioned it on my application and attached the proof of payment with the application.

On 9th of November, 2016 I received a letter from the naturalization department advising that my application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing. My case will be submitted to the Minister for decision as soon as their enquiries are complete and all required documentation has been complied.

I have a feeling at this stage they will hold my application after checking (Garda, Revenue & Other agencies) at least 5-8 months. I am being punished because I went to the court and applied through the solicitor, probably 3-5 more months to prepare my application to be submitted to the minister and another 2-3 months to come back from minister's office.

I have a friend whose situation was exactly same as mine who got his approval after 21 months.

*** Important Note *** I strongly encourage everyone not to apply through the solicitor.

I have another friend from Africa who got his approval within 4 and half months in 2014. He got a help to filled out his application from some free solicitor from Gardiner Stree in the town. He said, he only paid 10 euro to attested all of his documents to those solicitors and send his application by himself. That's it.

In most cases, naturalization department spent more time for any application that is submitted through the solicitor. They are a bit suspicious about those application as such an easy shouldn't be submitted through the solicitor.

I read last three years story in this forum and came to a conclusion that, it is much much better to apply without a solicitor. Naturalization application is simply straight forward, an applicant should apply for naturalization by themselves. I don't see any reason why I went through a solicitor. However, I learned my lesson.

Above all is my own verdict, don't take it as 100% correct as cases and person to person may vary also who is looking after your application in the naturalization office

Does anyone has any sample or template of Letter of Remorse, I would much appreciate if you can give me one. I am thinking to send one as it may speed up my application.
iCloud wrote:Hi All,
hey buddy i applied 3 year irish spouse base application date sept 2015 the letter u got i got same in jan 2016 and after that i didnt hear anything i have problem with garda but never been court or nothing just garda station i m still waiting do not worry takes time end of day we all will get it i applied same as through solicitor buddy

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:57 am

@ Icloud

its normal delay for Eufem applications. it has nothing to do with Solicitors etc. some cases are processed quickly but mostly with eufem take longer. they touch the file after few months.

the reason is you still have valid visa to live in ireland as EU spouse so they can delay your application without causing you any immigration trouble. so its ok. you also have traffic offence so delay in your application was obvious.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Deekay wrote:@ Icloud

its normal delay for Eufem applications. it has nothing to do with Solicitors etc. some cases are processed quickly but mostly with eufem take longer. they touch the file after few months.

the reason is you still have valid visa to live in ireland as EU spouse so they can delay your application without causing you any immigration trouble. so its ok. you also have traffic offence so delay in your application was obvious.

Hi there,

I agree with you, I applied just about a month after him and my process is still being reviewed and I do not have any issue with Garda or traffic ofense. I believe that just for the reason I have 10-year visa they will leave my application for later. I have to wait, thats all.

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:58 am

@dad12345

they are processing my file now after 6 months. i also have 10 year VISA. they asked for original passports and returned back in a week. so it clear now they process later eufem application and its understandable.

sahir_23
Newly Registered

Post by sahir_23 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello All.
In applied March 2014 for naturalization . still no kick because of traffic offence ,today I got an email in reply as I asked the current status of my application.

Evernote
Hi ******

Yes, your application is now ready to be sent to the Minister for a
decision.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Now what do you guys think. Shall I expect a decision before next ceromoney( positive decision though , hopefully)
Regards

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:57 pm

sahir_23 wrote:Hello All.
In applied March 2014 for naturalization . still no kick because of traffic offence ,today I got an email in reply as I asked the current status of my application.

Evernote
Hi ******

decision.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Now what do you guys think. Shall I expect a decision before next ceromoney( positive decision though , hopefully)
Regards
Hi sahir_23

Do you mind to share what type of offence you had and did you go to the court? It will just give me an idea about my application. I went to the court for over speeding. It's been 10 months I applied, my application has just moved to the second stage.

sahir_23
Newly Registered

Post by sahir_23 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:13 pm

iCloud wrote:

Evernote
Hi ******

decision.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Regards
Hi sahir_23

Do you mind to share what type of offence you had and did you go to the court? It will just give me an idea about my application. I went to the court for over speeding. It's been 10 months I applied, my application has just moved to the second stage.
I had offence in 2014 Feb . no insurance .

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:32 pm

sahir_23 wrote:
iCloud wrote:

Evernote
Hi ******

decision.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Regards
Hi sahir_23

I had offence in 2014 Feb . no insurance .
Thanks sahir_23. I think you may get a decision before the next approval (March/April 2017). Experts in this forum may tell you something precise. In general, it should not take more than 3 months to get Minister's decision. Thanks again for sharing the info.

*** DID YOU WRITE ANY LETTER OF REMORSE FOR YOUR MISTAKE? ***

luckylukeEU
Newly Registered

Post by luckylukeEU » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi Lads!

How do you know about next ceremony March/April 2017? Is it official news?

namani
Newly Registered

Post by namani » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:01 am

Has anyone reapplied while their application still under process.

I have applied in Dec 2015, because my son is born here and he got Irish citizenship now they are considering it under Irish association. Even though I have completed 5 year residency.

I dont know why. I haven't received any letters other than the initial acknowledgement letter in Jan 2016.
Is there any point in sending a new application to consider under my 5 year residency.
Also Has anyone done this before ?

any advices welcome.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:17 am

luckylukeEU wrote:Hi Lads!

Hey luckylukeEU,

It was just my guess based on last number of years first ceremony of the year.

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:13 am

namani wrote:Has anyone reapplied while their application still under process.

I have applied in Dec 2015, because my son is born here and he got Irish citizenship now they are considering it under Irish association. Even though I have completed 5 year residency.

I dont know why. I haven't received any letters other than the initial acknowledgement letter in Jan 2016.
Is there any point in sending a new application to consider under my 5 year residency.
Also Has anyone done this before ?

any advices welcome.
Hi,

In my point of view, you will over complicate your case by sending another application while previous is in processing. when they will register your new application in their system they will get details of your previous application. Does that look good?

Second thing, application of Irish association takes longest time. Keep patients you will get approval soon.

Thanks RgIrish.

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:15 am

Evernote
Hi ******

decision.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Regards
Hi there,

You just need to wait. In opinion if there was any huge issue they would not let the processing go that far. Some people say that when documents are sent to the minister it takes around one month. If that is right you should have an answer soon.

Good luck buddy

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:18 am

iCloud wrote:

Hey luckylukeEU,

Hi there,

A lot of people are talking about ceremony in March. I dont understand why they had 2 ceremonies so close to each other Sep and Nov and now if this is March or April is going to be 4 to 5 months.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:47 pm

dad12345 wrote:
iCloud wrote:

Hey luckylukeEU,

Hi there,

A lot of people are talking about ceremony in March. I dont understand why they had 2 ceremonies so close to each other Sep and Nov and now if this is March or April is going to be 4 to 5 months.
It's just an assumption, it could be any time this year before Christmas or next. Hope they approve all of our application.