ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bg1971

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by bg1971 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:47 am

Please see the exact email which came after online submission.
It says, the cost.....
Thanks
bg1971
==========

Sender: donotreply@visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
Dear xxx,
Visa Application Reference Number - GWFxxxxxxx
The cost of your application is : £‎7,080.00
Supporting Documents – A guide to the documents required to support your visa application can be found by selecting your visa type at https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration and following the link to documents you must provide.
Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless paid online via Visa4UK) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.
VFS Sylhet Visa Application Centre
7th Floor Nirvana Inn
Mirza Jungle Road
Ramerdhigir par
Sylhet
If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.
Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022
Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU
IMPORTANT – Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application which must be signed and dated and contain a bar code on the first page - if no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer.
The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.
Completed Application – Please log in to your account at http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk and select ‘View My Applications’ to view your application and application history
Customer Feedback – You can give some very quick feedback on the visa applicationyou have just completed at http://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice ... 88206EUQBM
Customs Information – You can not bring in certain goods to the UK, even if you are travelling from within the European Union. These include endangered species (and items made from them), some types of food and plants, firearms and offensive weapons. You can find further information at https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/bann ... cted-goods

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:10 am

bg1971 wrote:Please see the exact email which came after online submission.
It says, the cost.....
Thanks
bg1971
==========

Dear xxx,
Supporting Documents – A guide to the documents required to support your visa application can be found by selecting your visa type at https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration and following the link to documents you must provide.
Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless paid online via Visa4UK) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.
7th Floor Nirvana Inn
Mirza Jungle Road
Ramerdhigir par
Sylhet
If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.
Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022
Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU
IMPORTANT – Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application which must be signed and dated and contain a bar code on the first page - if no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer.
The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.
Completed Application – Please log in to your account at http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk and select ‘View My Applications’ to view your application and application history
Customer Feedback – You can give some very quick feedback on the visa applicationyou have just completed at http://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice ... 88206EUQBM
Customs Information – You can not bring in certain goods to the UK, even if you are travelling from within the European Union. These include endangered species (and items made from them), some types of food and plants, firearms and offensive weapons. You can find further information at https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/bann ... cted-goods
Check this link, the cost of application is stated as 114,720 Bangladeshi Taka which comes to around £950.
https://visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/b ... led-person

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:09 am

bg1971 wrote:Please see the exact email which came after online submission.
It says, the cost.....
Thanks
bg1971
==========

Dear xxx,
7th Floor Nirvana Inn
Mirza Jungle Road
Ramerdhigir par
Sylhet
That fee is an error on their side and shouldn't be anything to worry about im guessing it's either that they have use the incorrect currency symbol or its just a technical fault.
Aslong as you was able to submit just disregard the amount
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:23 am

New STATISTICS Are Out For May 15

By going through all the VAC list for Pakistan
Lahore processed the fastest in 60 days
Followed by Mirpur
Islamabad
And lagging behind was Karachi

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:30 am

Every case is different hence every case takes it's own time
A lot of people I think do not understand the £ 18,600 rule
Inc some solicitors
It not the case that you earn £18,600 a year they check weekly or monthly pay which must be equal to £18,600
So every week you must earn gross per week £357.69 minimum
I'f you do not earn that don't waste your time applying
Any pay you get must be the same that goes in to your bank account ukba can easily check your job and earnings from Glasgow

sanahtalha
United Kingdom

Post by sanahtalha » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:37 am

sajjaduk wrote:
sanahtalha wrote:Hi guys

i have a few questions if thats ok

i live in the uk and i'm applying fora spouse visa for my husband. my lawyer has gotten all my documents together which i have.

he told me to get my husband to just apply at the centre but from what ive seen on this forum most people have applied online first. can you apply when you go for the appointment and where do you book the appointment? im soo confused right now as to whats supposed to be happening.

You must complete the online form VAF4A
Pay the fee for the visa and also the IHS fee which is the NHS fee only then are you able to book an appointment for submission and biometrics.

the lawyer has filled both forms in by hand. my husband is going to pay the fee in pakistan and im going to pay the nhs fee here
can you not just book an appointment by phone and hand the form in by hand. if you do the online spplication do you have to pay there as well?
Think what your lawyer is saying is that they complete the form there ... print and book appointment.

For my wife's visa I completed the form here in the uk paid the fee and posted everything out to her including documents
Visa Granted: 22nd September 2015
Visa extension granted. March 2018
ILR (M) - 24th March 2021

sanahtalha
United Kingdom

Post by sanahtalha » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:48 am

im really confused as to my my lawyer would say that the application can be submitted by hand and so the online form does not need to be complete.

if i do the form here in england online can my husband submit the fee in pakistan?

and where do i write the ihs reference number?

i was going to send the application tomorrow so im confused as to what to do now. should i speak to my lawyer to confirm?

im soo sure he said you dont have to do the online application

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:58 am

sanahtalha wrote:im really confused as to my my lawyer would say that the application can be submitted by hand and so the online form does not need to be complete.

if i do the form here in england online can my husband submit the fee in pakistan?

i was going to send the application tomorrow so im confused as to what to do now. should i speak to my lawyer to confirm?

Where is this lawyer based?? He is a confused case

You have to complete form online
only some countries you complete by hand and Pakistan isn't one of those
only form you complete by hand is appendix 2....

The choice is yours you can complete the form online and yes your husband can pay the fee in pakistan online ... once the fee is paid will he be able to book an appointment.

The IHS fee needs to be paid whilst completing the online form ... there is a link you click which opens up another page where you input details of applicant.
once complete and fee paid you get an email ... print it out and attach it to the online form which you print out once you have submitted the form online.
This hard copy form is what you will need to take to the VAC with all the other forms and documents.

You will already be allocated a GWF number once you submit online form.

Look at all the other posts in here .. every single one a pakistan applicant submitting for spouse visa in pakistan. Everyone has completed the online form ... so personally you lawyer is misinformed or either he is talking about appendix 2 which yes you complete that form by hand but not the VAF4a which MUST BE DONE ONLINE
Last edited by sajjaduk on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:59 am

sanahtalha wrote:im really confused as to my my lawyer would say that the application can be submitted by hand and so the online form does not need to be complete.

The lawyer is an idiot online application is must

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:02 am

tiger90210 wrote:

The lawyer is an idiot online application is must
Exactly tiger90210

newbie227
Newly Registered

Post by newbie227 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:21 am

Hi everyone

I've been a silent reader for a couple of months now and thought I'd create an account as I submitted my online application for my husband's visa last week! He is due to attend his biometrics appointment at Mirpur on Monday. If I'm correct we should be getting our decision mid September?

kopfan

Post by kopfan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:25 am

I have to butt in - A lot of lawyers and solicitors know very little about the immigration process and they mess around with people lives.

This person seems confused, most applications can be dealt without ANY help from solicitors and lawyers.

I would advise you to create a new thread - and read some of the sticky threads about what you need to do.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 06101.html

The above is a good start - and before you submit - just let us know what you are submitting etc - and then go from there.

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:07 am

newbie227 wrote:Hi everyone

I've been a silent reader for a couple of months now and thought I'd create an account as I submitted my online application for my husband's visa last week! He is due to attend his biometrics appointment at Mirpur on Monday. If I'm correct we should be getting our decision mid September?
In Shaa Allah if the processing pace stays at current at speed

newbie227
Newly Registered

Post by newbie227 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:19 am

sajjaduk wrote:

Thanks for replying.

I don't know if you could help me but I've seen your posts and you seem like you know your stuff. I've been on the wrong tax code for two years at my full time job and consequently was put on the wrong tax code for my part time job. I sorted this out in Feb so from March onwards my tax is perfect. But for two months I paid no tax for my part time job.

I spoke to HMRC who said this is fine as even though I have underpaid tax, I will be receiving a calculation so I can pay any outstanding tax immediately. I will receive this next week. I have explained all of this in a very detailed note in my application and explained that HMRC can back all of this up. Will this satisfy the ECOS?

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 am

Yes you should hear from them by middle of September unless they write to you and advise you otherwise.

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:26 am

kopfan wrote:

I have to butt in - A lot of lawyers and solicitors know very little about the immigration process and they mess around with people lives.

This person seems confused, most applications can be dealt without ANY help from solicitors and lawyers.

I would advise you to create a new thread - and read some of the sticky threads about what you need to do.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 06101.html

The above is a good start - and before you submit - just let us know what you are submitting etc - and then go from there.
You are probably better of using an agent or lawyer there as they seem to know more about making applications than most people here. There are a few of them that have offices near Gerrys office in Islamabad that deal with immigration to all countries and not just UK. You will probably find them in other cities as well.

sanahtalha
United Kingdom

Post by sanahtalha » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:38 am

well ive just been on the phone to my lawyer and he's saying now that yes you do have to fill it in online. im so fustrated becuase he definatly didnt say that before.

i already have the form filled in by hand so im just going to send that to my husband for him to fill in there.

i i was to fill the form here in his behalf would i have to pay the fee here as well?

i have already paid the nhs fee from here so will i just have to give him the reference number if he fills the form in?

i just want to get the ball rolling because as far as i'm aware the submission needs to be in within 28 days of my last statement.

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:40 am

sanahtalha wrote:well ive just been on the phone to my lawyer and he's saying now that yes you do have to fill it in online. im so fustrated becuase he definatly didnt say that before.

i already have the form filled in by hand so im just going to send that to my husband for him to fill in there.

i i was to fill the form here in his behalf would i have to pay the fee here as well?

i have already paid the nhs fee from here so will i just have to give him the reference number if he fills the form in?

i just want to get the ball rolling because as far as i'm aware the submission needs to be in within 28 days of my last statement.
You can fill out the form yourself and pay the fee online using your bank card, and just ask him to print out the application form in Pakistan. There are many places that have computers, internet and printers over there.

sanahtalha
United Kingdom

Post by sanahtalha » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:48 am

adnan111 wrote:
sanahtalha wrote:well ive just been on the phone to my lawyer and he's saying now that yes you do have to fill it in online. im so fustrated becuase he definatly didnt say that before.

You can fill out the form yourself and pay the fee online using your bank card, and just ask him to print out the application form in Pakistan. There are many places that have computers, internet and printers over there.

yeah but he's going to being paying the fee not me. So if i was to fill in the form online would he be able to pay from there or would he have to fill it in then

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 am

sanahtalha wrote: yeah but he's going to being paying the fee not me. So if i was to fill in the form online would he be able to pay from there or would he have to fill it in then
You can still complete the application and save it. Then he can go online there and submit the application and pay the fee. The fee has to be paid in £ Sterling I believe and I don't know if you can pay it in cash as usually it is paid by debit or credit card before the book is issued.

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:10 am

newbie227 wrote:
sajjaduk wrote:

Thanks for replying.

I don't know if you could help me but I've seen your posts and you seem like you know your stuff. I've been on the wrong tax code for two years at my full time job and consequently was put on the wrong tax code for my part time job. I sorted this out in Feb so from March onwards my tax is perfect. But for two months I paid no tax for my part time job.

I spoke to HMRC who said this is fine as even though I have underpaid tax, I will be receiving a calculation so I can pay any outstanding tax immediately. I will receive this next week. I have explained all of this in a very detailed note in my application and explained that HMRC can back all of this up. Will this satisfy the ECOS?
That shouldn't be a problem as long as you can put everything down on the covering letter backed up by correspondence from the HMRC to state that you have spoken and you have paid underpaid tax that should be fine... also make sure that your part time job has the wage slips to backup you meet the threshold and that the net pay is equal to that of the wage slips. Alot of people getting refused because their pay doesn't reflect their bank statements.

sanahtalha
United Kingdom

Post by sanahtalha » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:19 am

adnan111 wrote:
sanahtalha wrote: yeah but he's going to being paying the fee not me. So if i was to fill in the form online would he be able to pay from there or would he have to fill it in then
You can still complete the application and save it. Then he can go online there and submit the application and pay the fee. The fee has to be paid in £ Sterling I believe and I don't know if you can pay it in cash as usually it is paid by debit or credit card before the book is issued.

is that right. well he lives in pakistan so wouldnt be paying in £sterling. is there no way of just transferring money from our join bank account we have in pakistan to the account of the visa people. and if i've paid the nhs surcharge here in £ would that become an issue?

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:23 am

sanahtalha wrote: is that right. well he lives in pakistan so wouldnt be paying in £sterling. is there no way of just transferring money from our join bank account we have in pakistan to the account of the visa people. and if i've paid the nhs surcharge here in £ would that become an issue?
I don't know if there is another way to pay. It does not matter if you pay on your bank card here, you are the sponsor and are entitled to pay on behalf of the applicant.

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 am

adnan111 wrote:
sanahtalha wrote: is that right. well he lives in pakistan so wouldnt be paying in £sterling. is there no way of just transferring money from our join bank account we have in pakistan to the account of the visa people. and if i've paid the nhs surcharge here in £ would that become an issue?
I don't know if there is another way to pay. It does not matter if you pay on your bank card here, you are the sponsor and are entitled to pay on behalf of the applicant.

Adnan is correct doesn't matter who pays Aslong as the fee is paid
For convenience it would be easier for you to pay the fees sanahtalha

sanahtalha
United Kingdom

Post by sanahtalha » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:37 am

sajjaduk wrote:
adnan111 wrote:

Adnan is correct doesn't matter who pays Aslong as the fee is paid
For convenience it would be easier for you to pay the fees sanahtalha

ok so if i was to apply would i have to apply "on the behalf of someone else" and input my husbands details?