ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:03 am

mirpur wrote:
m3y wrote:
syma wrote:A piece of advice to evryone waiting:

If i was in ur place i would think ...ok let them take 4months if they want as long as we get the visas coz thats whats important at the end of the day. God forbid any of you go thro the appeal process coz looking at my timeline u'll know how long it can be and how ukba takes the p***.

Good Luck!
And unless people do something about it the ukba will carry on taking the p*ss
yes, hence why i am emailing and complaining. making a stand so people after me will not go through the same rubbish. read the timeline and you will see my timeline now says 76 working days and not a word from them.

and whats worse, my wife called them up and they said 'your 60 days are up, please check online as it should be done'!

what the hell are they on about? stupid silly people working in high places.
salam..if they said that to your wife then it takes me back to what zully sis said about the applications being returned to gerrys and them taking so long in updating the statuses!! for all we know the visas cud have been stamped ages ago!?
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

el nino

Post by el nino » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am

*Y3NVY* wrote:
mirpur wrote:
m3y wrote:
syma wrote:A piece of advice to evryone waiting:

If i was in ur place i would think ...ok let them take 4months if they want as long as we get the visas coz thats whats important at the end of the day. God forbid any of you go thro the appeal process coz looking at my timeline u'll know how long it can be and how ukba takes the p***.

Good Luck!
And unless people do something about it the ukba will carry on taking the p*ss
yes, hence why i am emailing and complaining. making a stand so people after me will not go through the same rubbish. read the timeline and you will see my timeline now says 76 working days and not a word from them.

and whats worse, my wife called them up and they said 'your 60 days are up, please check online as it should be done'!

what the hell are they on about? stupid silly people working in high places.
salam..if they said that to your wife then it takes me back to what zully sis said about the applications being returned to gerrys and them taking so long in updating the statuses!! for all we know the visas cud have been stamped ages ago!?
mine is on 13 and urs 12,,,,
so tht means ur workin days r 59 ...ryt?contact them and then tell me wtevr they say ok thanks y3nvy
APP SUBMITTED IN ISL 13/03/12
FORWARD TO OC 13/03/12
PROCESS N BHC 27/03/12

scorpio7

No change in Status

Post by scorpio7 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:16 am

I applied for Spouse visa on the 30/4/2012. My status on the website is still " Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 30/4/2012.Its been more than a month & there has been no change is status so far.Any one else here who applied in April at Isb??

scorpio7

No change in Status

Post by scorpio7 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:16 am

I applied for Spouse visa on the 30/4/2012. My status on the website is still " Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 30/4/2012.Its been more than a month & there has been no change is status so far.Any one else here who applied in April at Isb??

el nino

Re: No change in Status

Post by el nino » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:19 am

scorpio7 wrote:I applied for Spouse visa on the 30/4/2012. My status on the website is still " Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 30/4/2012.Its been more than a month & there has been no change is status so far.Any one else here who applied in April at Isb??
WHat
still frwrd to oc
hmmm
then thr is somethin wrong i guess
cz normally tht changes frm frwrd to oc to at process at bhc n 13 days
APP SUBMITTED IN ISL 13/03/12
FORWARD TO OC 13/03/12
PROCESS N BHC 27/03/12

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:21 am

el nino wrote:
scorpio7 wrote:I applied for Spouse visa on the 30/4/2012. My status on the website is still " Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 30/4/2012.Its been more than a month & there has been no change is status so far.Any one else here who applied in April at Isb??
WHat
still frwrd to oc
hmmm
I've said this before there clearly is something
Wrong with there system. It shows by the fact
That no one is getting messages and no one is
Really doing anything besides moaning on this
Board. It's come to a point that you guys just moan
Instead of doing something about it.
I seriously cannot bother coming on this board as
It's a winging board now. Not one person has done anything
Productive to sort your issue out.
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:30 am

i will better stay calm and wait
each time i came here on this forum i see people biting their nails and in result they wont get anything
you are going to complaint ukba to ukba, that does not make any sense.
at the end i need my application stamped with a sticker thats all, either its taking 74 days or 90 days doesnt matter.
this is really pain full that people here are shouting blindly without any reason.
each of you will send an email and get the standard reply, then every body will be out of this complaint game.
i wont suggest any one here to send or not send any email complaining about the delays.
its there problem,my application is in BHC ISLAMABAD and they will send it back to me at last....
i believe in ALLAH ALMIGHTY that surely the patient will be rewarded accordingly so do not scratch your heads with walls.

or
if you want, carry on, other will see how it will work.
they will not listen to any body, most of you are assuming that there might be a system failure, lack of ECO's , but i believe this is not our concern to judge any one either the embassy people of gerry's
let be on the regular time frame, yes its getting late but who knows its better for them...

Pray to ALLAH for the best out come.

JAzak ALLAH
zully wrote:
el nino wrote:
WHat
still frwrd to oc
hmmm
I've said this before there clearly is something
Wrong with there system. It shows by the fact
That no one is getting messages and no one is
Really doing anything besides moaning on this
Board. It's come to a point that you guys just moan
Instead of doing something about it.
I seriously cannot bother coming on this board as
It's a winging board now. Not one person has done anything
Productive to sort your issue out.
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:00 pm

zully
yes we are moaning about it and i hope everyone on here floods them with emails and complaints. every government funded organisation has service level agreements they must follow and if they do not and we make enough complaints, then this will affect its seniors.

unless they have a VERY good reason to not meet SLAs, then they will be in trouble. but they wont get in much trouble unless people on here send in enough complaints.

yes allah rewards those who are patiant but he has also told us to fight for our rights. and if we are being treated unjustly, we fight for our rights rather than just sitting here quietly. i have now sent many emails to them and if it even helps ONE person in the future who applies to get a loved one a visa, then i will be very happy.

many on here have only just applied so i hope i can do them a favour so they dont go through everything me and my wife are going through.

skstar

Post by skstar » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:17 pm

It's best to go to Gerrys and inquire about your visa if it has gone over the 60 days mark. My sister in laws visa took a year and it didn't even go to an appeal. They called her twice because they lost her fingerprints. In the end she inquired herself by going to Gerrys and to our shock the application had been there for 3 weeks and she had to come to the uk within 6 days, so it was hectic trying to also get a plane ticket. It was bad enough that we all had to wait the year but ridiculous that when she did get it she had to say her farewells to her family and pack in a mad rush! This was 2 years ago,

Rucy786

Post by Rucy786 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:20 pm

brothers what do they ask in a court?
what questions do they ask?

Mush2012

Post by Mush2012 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:29 pm

mirpur wrote:zully
yes we are moaning about it and i hope everyone on here floods them with emails and complaints. every government funded organisation has service level agreements they must follow and if they do not and we make enough complaints, then this will affect its seniors.

unless they have a VERY good reason to not meet SLAs, then they will be in trouble. but they wont get in much trouble unless people on here send in enough complaints.

yes allah rewards those who are patiant but he has also told us to fight for our rights. and if we are being treated unjustly, we fight for our rights rather than just sitting here quietly. i have now sent many emails to them and if it even helps ONE person in the future who applies to get a loved one a visa, then i will be very happy.

many on here have only just applied so i hope i can do them a favour so they dont go through everything me and my wife are going through.
AOA mirpur,

I usually refrain from getting in to time scales discussions.

The UKBA has targets and the main one is 100% in 120 days.

Currently even MP's are being advised to allow more time for processing when they intervene for their constituents, that should show you that they have their service standards to fall back on.

No-one has yet breached the 120 day mark, also the number of applicants on this board and the number of actual spouse visa applicants is very low, I would guess around 10-15%.

If a dozen people do send a complaint or an enquiry email, it will not meltdown their servers.

I do not condone the UKBA’s working practises, I think you can only accuse them breaching service standards when they actually have breached the 120 day mark.

The primary purpose of this topic is to provide help, for applicants in preparing their applications.

I hope no-one has been offended by my remarks.

Allah hafiz

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:32 pm

el nino wrote:
WHat
still frwrd to oc
hmmm
If it says OC it might be possible that your application has been sent to abu dhabhi.

I might be wrong as well.
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Mush2012 wrote:
mirpur wrote:zully

Does it or does it not state on their website that if the applicatiin has gone over3 months then make an enquiry... If enough people make enquirys it will enciurage them to improve service... It could even be the case that your application is at gerrys and its just your status hasn't been updated... Either way unless you enquire nothing will happen...

AOA mirpur,

I usually refrain from getting in to time scales discussions.

The UKBA has targets and the main one is 100% in 120 days.

Currently even MP's are being advised to allow more time for processing when they intervene for their constituents, that should show you that they have their service standards to fall back on.

No-one has yet breached the 120 day mark, also the number of applicants on this board and the number of actual spouse visa applicants is very low, I would guess around 10-15%.

If a dozen people do send a complaint or an enquiry email, it will not meltdown their servers.

I do not condone the UKBA’s working practises, I think you can only accuse them breaching service standards when they actually have breached the 120 day mark.

The primary purpose of this topic is to provide help, for applicants in preparing their applications.

I hope no-one has been offended by my remarks.

Allah hafiz
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

Rucy786

Post by Rucy786 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Rucy786 wrote:brothers what do they ask in a court?

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:51 pm

For those who want to make a official complaint this link maybe of assistance.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Rucy786 wrote:

It would vary on individual cases and the reason give for your application refusal. There is no set of questions it varys from person to person as each individual circumstances are different.

Mush2012

Post by Mush2012 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:53 pm

AOA m3y,

yes definitley make enquiries, after 60 days as advised on the UKBA site, but keep in mind the rest of what they state on there regarding service standards.

Allah hafiz

Rucy786

Post by Rucy786 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Shatif wrote:
Rucy786 wrote:

It would vary on individual cases and the reason give for your application refusal. There is no set of questions it varys from person to person as each individual circumstances are different.
Brother can they overturn the decision before the court date?

do i after to get a solictor? or i can go on my own?

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Come on people get realistic, I have come to a conclusion nothing anyone does is gonna change anything yes make enquiries but please dont go on and on about it. There are individuals who are requesting information and those messages are missed due to the number of messages related to delays. The last 3-4 pages is all about delays, do what u need to do but refrain from discussing same subject for 4 pages.

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 pm

UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

thats the email to make a complaint. please do.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Rucy786 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
Rucy786 wrote:

Rucy its sister not brother, Yes they can overturn the decision anytime upto the actual court hearing.

No you dont need to hire a solicitor if u feel you can fight your corner, solicitors will charge ridiculous amounts of money for something you can do yourself if the reason for rejection is complicated then yes get adv and maybe even hire a solicitor.

bottom line is yes they can overturn the decision anytime, you dont have to have a solictor and nobody knows ur case better then you.

Hope this helps Im not really sure on the appeal process, maybe better to ask somebody on the forum who has also appealled

Rucy786

Post by Rucy786 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Shatif wrote:
Rucy786 wrote:
Shatif wrote:
Rucy786 wrote:

Rucy its sister not brother, Yes they can overturn the decision anytime upto the actual court hearing.

No you dont need to hire a solicitor if u feel you can fight your corner, solicitors will charge ridiculous amounts of money for something you can do yourself if the reason for rejection is complicated then yes get adv and maybe even hire a solicitor.

bottom line is yes they can overturn the decision anytime, you dont have to have a solictor and nobody knows ur case better then you.

Hope this helps Im not really sure on the appeal process, maybe better to ask somebody on the forum who has also appealled
At the court do they tell the decision straight away or they send a letter? and who do they send the letter, the person in pakistan or in uk?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:27 pm

I have never seen such a bunch of more impatient people than we have on this specific forum. For Gods sake you all knew there were going to be delays and complication and difficulties before you got married to someone from Pakistan. So why now come on forum moaning and whinging about it. Just sit tight and get on with your life as normal till you hear anything about your case.

If you couldn't be bothered with all this hassle, then you should have got married from within the UK, but please I am getting sick and tired of a lot of space on this forum being taken by people posting the usual trash about the same thing over and over again.

I don't think the ECO are sat on their backside doing nothing, they are dealing with thousands of application which are all time consuming due to the extensive inquiries that they have to make. People on this forum, think that its their God given right to be given a visa to come to this country. I am afraid that is not the case. You should be glad when you get one, but until then let them follow procedures and make a decision based on the application.

You know I have seen so many who looked forward to coming to this country to better their lives, only to live it miserably in the UK for the rest of their lives. I have seen so many people who write I miss my hubby and wife so much, but when they are here and the gloss and shine of first love disappears off,they cant bear to see each other.You only need to see these things happen like I do day in and day out out, that life is not so wonderful, a few months and years down the line.

Please sit tight and if it is Allah's will that your destiny is in UK, then nobody can do anything to stop it. If it is not then accept it as everything happens because of the will of Allah.

This forum has reached over a thousand pages thanks mainly due to chit chat and moaning and whinging instead of providing newbies with real and relevant information that is useful to all. Please don't advise people on things if you are not sure they work, as they soften leads other people on a wild goose chase wasting time and energy and achieving nothing at the end.

Finally in simple terms and plain English, once you have handed your application, there is nothing you can do to hurry the matter up anymore. You are at the mercy of the people in power.Just sit tight and get on with your life. When your application is dealt with you will get an answer one way or the other.

Therefore please stop taking up space on this forums server with irrelevant information.

Thank You all. Sorry for sounding a bit harsh. :roll: :wink:

Shamus7000
Newly Registered

Post by Shamus7000 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Your totally right 'batleykhan' !!

Can't believe how impatient some people are.

Just wait until its your turn, nothing we can do!!

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 pm

batleykhan and mush, spot on.

i am sorry to say that having joined and followed this forum a few weeks ago, i am surprised at the amount people post and practically count down every day. surely time would go quicker if you just got on with your life or found something else to do. no point stressing about something you cannot influence.

people are very helpful too so do not get me wrong but the actual helpful posts get lost in all the chit chat.