ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:15 pm

jagacharaja wrote:Bit late to post but for the sake of data point:

Type of application: In-country, HSMP to Tier 1 General
Application sent: 21-Sep (Royal Mail Special Delivery, to Durham)
Application received and payment deducted: 22-Sep
Confirmation letter received: Within 2-3 days
Visa stamped: 12-Oct (from Sheffield, interestingly)
Visa and documents received by recorded delivery: 14-Oct (had not sent pre-paid Special Delivery envelope, though with the postal strikes I should in hindsight have included one)

Turnaround time: 15 business days. Pretty impressive, I must add. But for £820, I didn't expect anything less.
Hi there,
How long did you get the extension for/visa duration when you switch from HSMP to tier 1? What all document did you submit?
Thanks

askamat
Newly Registered

Need details on timelines of Tier 1 Dep Visa at MUMBAI BHC

Post by askamat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:00 am

Hi,

My wife has applied for her dependant visa under Tier 1 (General) Transitional Arrangements at Mumbai BHC as on 23 Oct, 2009.

We have provided the below documents -
1. My offer letter from the UK company.
2. HR's letter as proof of employment from my UK employer. This letter also states that the visa and travel expenses for my dependant will be borne by my UK employer.
3. My pay slips for 4 months from the UK company (Jun-Sep 2009)
4. My Inc Tax papers from India for the past 2 years (2008-09, 2009-10)
5. Bank account statment on Bank letterhead @ an Indian Bank for 3 months (where funds have been maintained). Letter from the same bank on Bank's letterhead that a minimum balance of Rs.xxxxxx has been maintained for past 3 months. Bank statement & the letter was taken as on 22 Oct, i.e a day before the visa application.
6. Second Indian Bank account statement for 1 year (22 Oct 2008 - 22 Oct 2009) where I received my salary when I was in India.
7. UK Bank account statement since my joining UK till 10 Oct 2009, where my UK salary is getting credited since June 2009 till date.
8. My rental agreement, utility bills and council tax documents.
9. Sponsorship letter from me to my wife.
10. Marriage certificate with 3 marriage photographs.
11. My wife's offer letter of the Current employer in India.
12. My wife's 6 months pay slips (Apr-Sep 2009)
13. My wife's graduation and Post graduation certificates.
14. My wife's Inc Tax papers from India for the past 2 years (2008-09, 2009-10).
15. Covering letter from my consultant.

My queries -
A. Do I assume that all the documents mentioned above are "straight forward" as per BHC?

B. Have I missed out on providing any document?

C. If anyone has applied at Mumbai BHC for dependant visa under Tier 1 HSMP in Oct 2009 and all the documents have been fine, what was the processing timeline in working days?

D. My wife used the VAF 10 application form of March 2009. In fact, she showed the 3 VFS officials that the form is not of July 2009 (which is the recent version). However, they insisted that the old form is fine and will be accepted, they also did not agree to provide a new form and stated that it need not be refilled. I would like to know if anyone has got a refusal for this reason?

Lookign fwd to replies.

Regards
Kamat

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Guess What?

I just received my visa from the HO....a min a go! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol: :lol:

Application type : Postal Application

Points claimed : 95 (75 + 20)

Application sent : Oct 8 (by next day delivery to Durham)
Application received: Oct 9

Payment type: Postal order (i paid 47 pounds extra for myself and 2 dependants)

Reference letter : received on 13 Oct letter was dated 9 Oct

Visa Received by Recorded delivery: 28 Oct

What got me worried thorughout the process was the fact that i used bank statement received via post and the recent one printed on plain paper and stamped and signed at the bank........Thank God for success 8)

askamat
Newly Registered

Post by askamat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:05 am

Hi All,

In continuation to my earlier post, I am glad to put across that my wife got her passport with visa stamped today!!!!!!!!!!! The processing date for visa was 26 October, 2009 (application date was friday 23 Oct, 2009), i.e just on the first day itself BHC approved the visa!!!! :) :) :) :D :D

Date of application - 23 Oct, 2009
Date of approval - 26 Oct, 2009
Delivered thru Courier - 28 Oct, 2009
Docs with visa recd on - 29 Oct, 2009
Total Time Taken - 4 working days

I must say the speed of processing is quiet impressive ! All the best to other patrons who have applied / plan to apply for the UK VISAS :) :) :) :) :)

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Response with in 26 days

Post by amitagar989 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 am

Application type : In country (Within UK)
Points claimed : 110 (90 + 20)
Application sent : Oct 1st (by next day delivery to Durham)
Payment deducted : Oct 5th
Reference letter : received after 3 days
Visa stamped : Oct 23rd
Documents received : Oct 26th( by recorded delivery from Sheffield)
Total turnaround time : 26 days (17/18 Working days)

rachsach

Tier 1 General Dependant Visa Processing Time India Oct 2009

Post by rachsach » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know the current processing time for Tier 1 General Dependent visa from India?

I have filed the visa on 26-Oct-09, I have checked processing time on VFS website which varies from 2 to 30 working days.

I am wondering if anyone have any idea of how long their application took. Its just I have got flight booked for 09-Nov-09.

Thanks
Romila

ekta

Post by ekta » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Application type : In country (Within UK - WP to TIER 1)
Application sent : Oct 12th (by next day delivery to Durham)
Payment deducted : Oct 13th
Reference letter : Oct 16th
Visa stamped : Oct 30th
Documents received : Nov 03rd ( by recorded delivery from Sheffield)
Total turnaround time : 23 days

khankhan
Newly Registered

Post by khankhan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 pm

you are lair to the furm peoples,that is absloutly wrong ,it is impossible within three days,bacause it means they are thrwon to ben our applications and process the new applications,no no no,my wife apply in 23 june 2009 but we are still waiting to the lazy team to call my wife, but they are lazy ,can,t do more then two applications,they want this peoples family not come to his husband,

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:30 am

khankhan wrote:you are lair to the furm peoples,that is absloutly wrong ,it is impossible within three days,bacause it means they are thrwon to ben our applications and process the new applications,no no no,my wife apply in 23 june 2009 but we are still waiting to the lazy team to call my wife, but they are lazy ,can,t do more then two applications,they want this peoples family not come to his husband,
you on drugs or what?

khankhan
Newly Registered

Post by khankhan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27 pm

innocentdevil wrote:
khankhan wrote:you are lair to the furm peoples,that is absloutly wrong ,it is impossible within three days,bacause it means they are thrwon to ben our applications and process the new applications,no no no,my wife apply in 23 june 2009 but we are still waiting to the lazy team to call my wife, but they are lazy ,can,t do more then two applications,they want this peoples family not come to his husband,
you on drugs or what?
if this is not truth then show to your monthly process work, after the august you didn,t have process proof to show to the peoples,
if it is not truth then who is doing this all?
i have some pakistani students here and they are working here not study in university,and they both apply to his wife after me ,and within month they receive the the call and now they boths wifes are here,
so i am not jeuluse for this freinds but the question is that ,we are british citizen ,and we doing rely hard work for our family,last five years i am doing this job and now i am leaving job bacause they don,t care about us ,so why i stay here ,i put my house for sale now and close my all business here after one month i am going out of country and stay in china,and spend that my all money in there,

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:37 pm

khankhan wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:
you on drugs or what?
if this is not truth then show to your monthly process work, after the august you didn,t have process proof to show to the peoples,
i have some pakistani students here and they are working here not study in university,and they both apply to his wife after me ,and within month they receive the the call and now they boths wifes are here,
so i am not jeuluse for this freinds but the question is that ,we are british citizen ,and we doing rely hard work for our family,last five years i am doing this job and now i am leaving job bacause they don,t care about us ,so why i stay here ,i put my house for sale now and close my all business here after one month i am going out of country and stay in china,and spend that my all money in there,
firstly, lets understand your case.

Are you a british citizen with british passport or a Tier1 holder with some kind of business visa? clarity????

secondly, under what category have you applied for your wife. Again clarify.

there is no point ranting about something and loosing your head on this forum, people on here are friendly and will give you the best possible advice they can but in order to do so you have to tell them about your case.

now go on, whats the beef? or Kia Masla Chal Raha hai ? Samjhao sahi tarah se ta k hum aap ki help kar sakain ?

khankhan
Newly Registered

Post by khankhan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Are you a british citizen with british passport or a Tier1 holder with some kind of business visa? clarity????

there is no point ranting about something and loosing your head on this forum, people on here are friendly and will give you the best possible advice they can but in order to do so you have to tell them about your case.

now go on, whats the beef? or Kia Masla Chal Raha hai ? Samjhao sahi ... ?[/quote]

i no say something wrong it is truth to understand the peoples, you write to me before you are on drug but i am not on drug, i just tell the truth that i am drug,in my life i never use any knid of drugs and already not smoking, just forget it this topice,i don,t understood your last some words ,
my wife apply for setllment visa on pakistan,
i have my own house here morgage clear,and i work with company last five years full time, and i received every month net pay more then £2000.
and i provid my all documents to to them,
but now the question is now my wife passport with them,and my marrige certificat with them,i don,t say please give visa to my wife ,my question is if they don,t this work within 12 weeks then why they promise to us 12 weeks,and releave my wife passort and marriage certifact and other university documents ,i want buy house in DUBAI and stay there for life ,

khankhan
Newly Registered

Post by khankhan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:11 pm

innocentdevil wrote:
khankhan wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:
you on drugs or what?

now go on, whats the beef? or Kia Masla Chal Raha hai ? Samjhao sahi tarah se ta k hum aap ki help kar sakain ?

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:43 am

Hi all

I have just received my Tier 1 extension. Below is the timeline:

Expiry before application: 15 October 2009
Application sent: 13 October 2009 (by special delivery, a pre-paid SD envelope included) - I had to wait until I became eligible with regards to the maintenance requirement
HO received: 14 October 2009 (This is also the date on the ack. letter)
Payment method: Postal order
Payment deducted: 14 October 2009
Ack. letter received: 16 October 2009
Visa stamped: 03 November 2009
Documents received: 05 November 2009 (in the pre-paid envelope I sent)
Current Expiry: 03 November 2012
Processing time: 21 days

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this forum. And thanks to Julian (guess he is the caseworker, I didn't check the title) whose signature is under my approval letter.

Cheers...

vkrg123
Newly Registered

HSMP to Tier1 general extension with 1 dependent

Post by vkrg123 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:28 am

Processing times..........

Date Applied/Docs sent: September 29 5:30 PM (by next day delivery)
Date Docs reached HO: October 1st 2009
Date Payment Deducted: October 1st 2009
Acknowledgement letter: Received after 2 days
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: October 21st 2009
Result & VISA stamped: Approved & Dec 13 2012

laxani

Post by laxani » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Application sent from UK- 16th oct
received and money deducted 17th oct
Visa stamped 3rd nov
thanks everybody. this was a HSMP to tier 1 transfer.,

rishahid
Newly Registered

TIER 1 Extension - Need to specify Speed Awareness Course?

Post by rishahid » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi All,
I have recently applied for the extension on TIER 1 general from HSMP visa alongwith my wife's application as my dependent. I successfully scored 110 points using the scoring calculator privided by UKBA and categorically provided them with all the necessary and optioncal documents required by them. Some of the details are:

Application Posted on: 5th Oct 09
Application reached on : 6th Oct 09
Fee deducted on: 6th Oct 09
Current HSMP Expiry: 21st Nov 09

I received a call from Visa officer to send accross my wife's latest photographs (as they were more than a month old) on 21st OCt which I sent on the sameday and eventually reached them on 22nd Oct.Also got confirmation by calling them.

Also, I had attended a Speed Awareness Course (due to going 36mph on 30mph road) on 28th Sep 09 which i have not mentioned in 'E - Personal History' section of the application form due to the fact that I didnt receive any points on my license and paid no penalty. Instead i was offered for this course. Also, it was told to me by the instructor in the course that this wouldnt need to be specified anywhere (unless scpecifically asked) and wouldnt harm my hostory at all.

So far, it has been over a month now since i have sent my application but have not heard from them since 21st Oct.

Could someone tell me what are the waiting times these days and did I do anything wrong by not mentioning about the Speed Awareness Course? The guidance notes, application form or even UKBA website do not mention anything about this issue.

Any replies will be very much appreciated.

thanks and regards

rishahid
Newly Registered

Post by rishahid » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:50 pm

vish_shan wrote:Hello all,

I have just received my HSMP extension stamped under TIER 1 General.
Here goes my time lines

Expiry before application : April 03 2010
points claimed : 110 (90 + 20)
Application sent : September 15 (by next day delivery)
Payment deducted : September 16th
Reference letter : received after 3 days
Visa stamped : October 05
Documents received : October 10 ( by recorded delivery)
Just an hour ago :)
Current Expiry : April 03 2013
Total turnaround time : 25 days

Thanks a lot for every one who contributed to this forum and helped others like me :)

My application was rather straightforward and simple. If any one needs any help you can send me a private message any time :)

Cheers
Vish
Hi Vish,
Congrats on getting your VISA stamped.

I have posted my whole case scenario anyway. But here is a summary.
Application Posted on: 5th Oct 09
Application reached on : 6th Oct 09
Fee deducted on: 6th Oct 09
Current Expiry: 21st Nov 09
My case is also pretty straightforward and i scored 110 (90+20)but it has already taken more than a month now. I have also sent my wife's application as well as my dependent. does that make any difference in terms of waiting time?

thanks in advance

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 pm

I dnt know bt 1 option can be if u dint send any self addressed envelope may b u can send a fax saying u want ur documents return by courier.

So like tht when u call or send fax u ll know whether ur documents r ready. Apart from this i dnt knw y they r taking so long. As u said ur case is pretty straightforward and u also got call from UKBA regarding recent photos which is actually very good.

Instead of just rejecting ur case by saying old photographs of ur dependent they have called so everythng shud b fine just wait till this weekend and then call them.

rishahid
Newly Registered

Post by rishahid » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:52 am

Thanks for the reply Duvvuri,
I have already given them a call last week in order to get the delivery confirmation of Mrs photographs i sent on 21st oct. They said it had reached them but didnt tell me anything else, even upon my request.

Dont you think that if I give them a call again next week, it may unnecessarily frustrate them? Do they not send the documents back by courier anyway or is it recorded?

Also, I couldnt really get your point of sending them a fax. What exactly should I mention in it and which number to send it on?

thanks very much in advance.

purwar_a
Newly Registered

Post by purwar_a » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:13 am

I have got HSMP extension for myself and my wife under tier 1 (General). Here are the timelines:-

Application Type : HSMP Extension under Tier 1 General
Application Sent: 21/10/2009
Application Received: 22/10/2009
Money Deducted: 22/10/2009
Visa Stamp Date: 09/11/2009
Documents & Passport received: 11/11/2009 (by pre paid next day delivery)
Total Time: 22 days

Thanks all for your help.

purwar_a
Newly Registered

Post by purwar_a » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:14 am

I have got HSMP extension for myself and my wife under tier 1 (General). Here are the timelines:-

Application Sent: 21/10/2009
Application Received: 22/10/2009
Money Deducted: 22/10/2009
Visa Stamp Date: 09/11/2009
Documents & Passport received: 11/11/2009 (by pre paid next day delivery)
Total Time: 22 days

Thanks all for your help.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:28 am

Purwar,

Thts quite quick actually!!! congratulations. In UKBA website it says tht this week from 9th nov they r considering application received on or before 22nd october..

Thanks

rishahid
Newly Registered

Post by rishahid » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 am

Guys,
I have got my Tier 1 Visa this morning. They actually arrived yesterday but left a card in the letter box. Following are my details:

Application Sent: 05/10/2009
Application Received: 06/10/2009
Money Deducted: 06/10/2009
Call from advisor: 21/10/2009 (to resend Mrs Photog as they were more than a month old)
Photog resent: 21/10/2009 (next day special)
Photog received: 22/10/2009
Visa Stamp Date: 03/11/2009 (for Mrs 06/11/2009)
Docs & PP received: 10/11/2009 (by pre paid next day delivery)

Total Time: 33 days
I believe that I would have received my Visa approved about 10 days back but thanks to the Visa officer that he called me back and asked for the latest photos of my Mrs.

Thanks everyone and specially Duvuuri

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:28 am

rishahid,
Congratulations thts a great news even if they took long time they have finally gave u and ur wife extension which is more imp. I know how tension will it be when it take so long.

But instead of paying the fees and getting rejected in a way ur lucky and u got good result for ur patience all the best for ur future.