ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KZN
Newly Registered

Post by KZN » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Good news- Finally received my approval letter.
My timeline:
Applied in July 2006
Requested additional docs in Nov 2008
Approval in July 2009

Appointment for district court in Cork - is on Monday.

Best of luck to all those still waiting.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:59 pm

dont forget that back in the day when it took only 14 months for processing there were much less people who would qualify to apply

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:17 am

Finally, Finally, Finally...

Came back from a team night out this evening and guess what was waiting for me in the letter box....the long awaited piece of paper that tells you your application for a certificate of naturalisation has been approved.

Funny thing is, only this morning I went to the GNIB to get my stamp 5 for 10 years with the Without Condition as To Time endorsement.

My timelines as follows:

1. Applied in May 2006. Ack same month
2. Further docs, P21, bank statements and Birth affidavit requested in Aug 2008.
3. Certified marriage cert copy requested in Feb 2009
4. Sept 2008 - April 2009 waited for Outside Agencies
5. May 2009 - I was told that all Outside Agency check were completed and that file was being prepared to be sent to Minister
6. June 2009 - File was with minister
7. 17 July 2009 - Approval letter received

Many thanks to each and everyone who contributed to this forum and in helping to get a better understanding of this "Process" end-to-end. I now feel I've gained enough from this to advise others.

Hope the above helps and the very best of luck to you all.

From Nearly Irish to Partially Irish

crown

Post by crown » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 am

NearlyIrish wrote:Finally, Finally, Finally...

Came back from a team night out this evening and guess what was waiting for me in the letter box....the long awaited piece of paper that tells you your application for a certificate of naturalisation has been approved.

Funny thing is, only this morning I went to the GNIB to get my stamp 5 for 10 years with the Without Condition as To Time endorsement.

My timelines as follows:

1. Applied in May 2006. Ack same month
2. Further docs, P21, bank statements and Birth affidavit requested in Aug 2008.
3. Certified marriage cert copy requested in Feb 2009
4. Sept 2008 - April 2009 waited for Outside Agencies
5. May 2009 - I was told that all Outside Agency check were completed and that file was being prepared to be sent to Minister
6. June 2009 - File was with minister
7. 17 July 2009 - Approval letter received

Many thanks to each and everyone who contributed to this forum and in helping to get a better understanding of this "Process" end-to-end. I now feel I've gained enough from this to advise others.

Hope the above helps and the very best of luck to you all.

From Nearly Irish to Partially Irish
Congrats KZN and NearlyIrish

crown

Post by crown » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:31 am

Lost Soul wrote:Just to reiterate what others have posted before:

If you people stopped phoning twice a week and let them get on with processing applications we would all benefit.
I think you are getting it wrong. Though I don't call them, I called last 4 months ago, I dont agree with you that calling them slows them down. the phone is picked by dedicated telephone operators whose only job is picking the phone and attending tp enquiries. If there are too many phone calls, calls simply enter into a queue till one of the operators is available. And who says they - DOJ - are in a hurry to do the work? Are you sure they are not delibrately delaying for reasons we dont know?
Crown

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:05 am

if the section had less calls, they could reduce the number of dedicated personnel answering helpline calls and transfer them to processing which would be much handier than just answering the same queries time and time again, especially when the applicant already knows that his applications need a report from outside agencies which the section has no control over. it just comes when it comes, usually 6 months i think. so i actually do not see the point of calling every week and frustrating yourself and the operator when you can just guess the answer (outside agencies). calling won't make your application go any faster.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:39 am

Congratulations KZN and NearlyIrish! Two more off the 2006 queue!

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:39 am

WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA

That's the number of time, I have heard this...
My point exactly just look at this effort..

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Congratulations KZN and NearlyIrish! Enjoy the celebration.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Congratulations KZN and NI. Nice to see that the 2006 backlog is moving again.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:53 pm

goodone wrote:Congratulations KZN and NearlyIrish! Enjoy the celebration.
And the same from me.
It seems that they are slowly picking off all those around my time of application (June '06), I wonder when my turn will come.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:59 pm

agniukas wrote:if the section had less calls, they could reduce the number of dedicated personnel answering helpline calls and transfer them to processing which would be much handier than just answering the same queries time and time again, especially when the applicant already knows that his applications need a report from outside agencies which the section has no control over. it just comes when it comes, usually 6 months i think. so i actually do not see the point of calling every week and frustrating yourself and the operator when you can just guess the answer (outside agencies). calling won't make your application go any faster.
Although I don't really want to get drawn into this discussion, I would just say that the calls probably don't make much difference to processing speed. I think that there is probably only 1 person on the phone anyway (judging by how long it takes them to answer) and they will only be there for the 2.5 hours twice a week regardless of how many people call.

malcolmrx

Once More ..

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:04 am

Congrats is in order for all of those "lucky" 2006 applicants. Unfortunately I'm one of the "unlucky" ones who applied in 2006. I'm still WFOA as a lot of others here on this forum. I've tried most of the avenues and failed but haven't given up yet.

Remember that it wasn't long ago that people in this forum brought change to the way that part of the government operates. *WE* made a change back then when there was nothing moving at all in the Dublin office by expressing our concerns and flooding various agencies with letters of complaints.

I urge you, and especially those who have applied in 2006 and before to not give up but rather fight for your rights as hard as it might sound. I will personally send yet another letter of complaint to the ICI (Immigration Council of Ireland) since they're aactually the only crowd that take action and make our voice heard.

I urge each one of you. PLEASE send letters to the ICI explaining your situation and how unfairly treated those waiting since 2006 when the INIS brazenly advertise that the waiting time is 23 months when we've been waiting for more than 36 months .. PLEASE every one of us should at least try this very last avenue .. We MUST make our voice heard yet again and we WILL succeed once more

God bless!

mazar

waiting for approval letter

Post by mazar » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:08 pm

i am waiting for approval letter since july 2007, i know ssome people got thire answer in 8 month :(

Espero
Newly Registered

Very Urgent Please reply

Post by Espero » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I got the shock of my life yesterday when my Irish spouse told me she wants to break up after 5 years of marriage and asked me to leave as soon as possible. we have a 5 years old child, I work and earn 45000+ and applied for naturalisation 16 months go as a spouse of Irish citizen (that is my status since 2004 on stamp 4) I still have 3 years in my GNIB card but my wife said she will contact INIS and tell them she is breaking up with me. I wonder where I stand in all this? I never received social welfare. will they turn down my application? if so will they withdraw my stamp 4? please give me as much information as possible I'm completely shocked and devastated and would appreciate any advice.

zzz

Re: Very Urgent Please reply

Post by zzz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Espero wrote: my wife said she will contact INIS and tell them she is breaking up with me.
huh :( she must be really pissed off.

(if I was you) I would not worry to much -
it'll take some time to get legally separated
and then ages to actually divorce.

Just keep your employment - you'll get your naturalization processed in no time.

Good luck.

mazar

waiting 4 outside agencies

Post by mazar » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:48 pm

hey zzz please could u tell me how long it wil take after final birthcert sent to them. cuz now i am in 12 month since i sent that

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:47 am

Espero wrote:Hi everyone,

I got the shock of my life yesterday when my Irish spouse told me she wants to break up after 5 years of marriage and asked me to leave as soon as possible. we have a 5 years old child, I work and earn 45000+ and applied for naturalisation 16 months go as a spouse of Irish citizen (that is my status since 2004 on stamp 4) I still have 3 years in my GNIB card but my wife said she will contact INIS and tell them she is breaking up with me. I wonder where I stand in all this? I never received social welfare. will they turn down my application? if so will they withdraw my stamp 4? please give me as much information as possible I'm completely shocked and devastated and would appreciate any advice.
Is this for real, or you are just joking?
My two pence is this. Since you applied based on spousal relationship, and the basis is shaky, then DOJ has the right to refuse your application. Irrespective of what the law is, DOJ have their own secret codes which they apply.
For instance, people who applied for residency (stamp 4) based on Irish Born Children and cease to live in the same house with the children due to whatever reason have had their renewals refused or limited to just 3 months (just so that the applicant can mend his/her ways, or leave therafter).
In other words, DOJ follows the mantra 'do not bite the finger that feeds you' (at least until you get what you want).
So if I were you, I'll make a decision to mend my ways or damn the whole thing and see how it goes (much of a gamble there)

crown

Post by crown » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:17 am

IrelandHopeful wrote:
Espero wrote:Hi everyone,

Is this for real, or you are just joking?
My two pence is this. Since you applied based on spousal relationship, and the basis is shaky, then DOJ has the right to refuse your application. Irrespective of what the law is, DOJ have their own secret codes which they apply.
For instance, people who applied for residency (stamp 4) based on Irish Born Children and cease to live in the same house with the children due to whatever reason have had their renewals refused or limited to just 3 months (just so that the applicant can mend his/her ways, or leave therafter).
In other words, DOJ follows the mantra 'do not bite the finger that feeds you' (at least until you get what you want).
So if I were you, I'll make a decision to mend my ways or damn the whole thing and see how it goes (much of a gamble there)
Adding to the above
I think you are ok till your green card expires
If she goes there to talk to them as she has threatened, you might start having problems the moment your card expires but before then you are ok.
Your best bet - make peace with her
Wish you good luck

NearlyIrish

Court numbers and appointment

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:38 am

Folks,

As per the instructions in the approval letter, I rang Dolphin House and the next available slot left is the 10th of Dec (which I took). Just wondering if there is an other way to get an appointment in another court. Would any of you know anyone in these courts that can help please. 10th of Dec is very very very far away. Please PVT me

Cheers,

NI

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi NI,
do you live in Dublin? Is there only one court in Dublin doing this ? IN county i live there are two.. Just check all places in Dublin( No harm in asking) :
http://www.courts.ie/offices.nsf/webcob ... Expand=6#6

Best of luck.. I got me declaration signed last Tuesday but had to wait for two weeks for court date also.
Kind Regards
Tiggs

PS:
- People anxious about WFOA, best i would say is write and keep them posted. Calling doesn't help. Personal experience it takes from 7-12 Months for outside agencies.
- Keep ur GNIB stamps uptodate

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:31 pm

The man at dolphin house told me that they only do 20 per week.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:35 pm

there are sometimes special sittings arranged by naturalisation section when 100-200 applicants are dealth in a day (oath in Dublin). maybe you will be offered one of those when they have a larger crowd waiting for appointments. But courts are usually closed during the summer, thus the backlog. there is only one court dealing with oaths in dublin. you can try the nearby counties as well. but most of them would require you to be a resident in their area.

mazar

outside agencies 12 monthe

Post by mazar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:02 pm

since aguest how long dose it take for final result, please could u tell me

anotherimmigrant

Re: outside agencies 12 monthe

Post by anotherimmigrant » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 pm

mazar wrote:since aguest how long dose it take for final result, please could u tell me
Sorry to Quote you!! Why do you need show your frustration on forum like this by creating N number of different threads with one line heading and one line description.

two words for you! "Grow Up". I dont post normally but i am daily lurker in this forum. Only one or two cases who have time frame 24 months rest is more then 24 months. Just look at 2006 posters everybody explaining their experience and waiting, not just you. I am not saying INIS doing good job.

If you want listen or express your pain, write few paragraphs post or write letter to broad sheet media or write to your TD or write to radio station. No point creating million threads here..