ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 am

Got a letter from the UKBA yesterday apologiusing for the long wait and saying that:

'In recent months the number of applications for both temporary and indefinite leave have been higher than anticipated. We have service improvement plans in place and we expect that performance in all areas of permanent migration (settlement, European casework and nationality) will be back within service standard by March 2013. Most areas of temporary migration (employment routes, stuents and sponsorship), will be back wthin service standard by the end of February 2013 but other cases may take slightly longer. We have increased the numbers of staff in both temporary and permanent migratio to improve our proudctivity and the UK Border Agency Board is overseeing the improvement plans to ensure that prgoress in reducing waiting times remains on track.'

So looks like they may be speeding up, although I have learnt the hard way not to trust a word the UKBA says...

What I really want to know is if services will be back to standards by March, will that mean that the backlog of visa applications outstanding for 6 months by then be cleared, or is service back to standards only for new applications?

Also, ID29 I just noticed your timetable - how come you got yours decided so fast?

zahamid
Newly Registered

FLR (m) ISSUES

Post by zahamid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 am

Hi,

I applied for FLR(M) on 9th July 2012 and submitted old application, as i completed it on 6th July 2012 but due to some issues couldn't post it. In November 2012 got acknowledgement and Biometric request. Done that, Since than no reply. On calling them they say the status shows Incomplete and UKBA will contact you. no contact, once the lady on phone said incomplete means its processing.

I have requested for my husbands passport, he is due for British passport. My kids already has British passports.If in case they refuse my request, my visa of PSW expired in December what would be my course of action.My Husband got ILR on 10 years basis.

Please some one guide me, i am so stressed and going mad. The lawyers are of no help. What worst can i expect,just want to be prepapred

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (m) ISSUES

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:21 am

zahamid wrote:If in case they refuse my request, my visa of PSW expired in December what would be my course of action.
What do you mean by refuse your request? And why do you think your FLR(M) would be refused?

I can see that you've filled in as a pre 9th July applicant, but posted after 8th July.
Applications made on forms that are not specified @ Page 47 wrote:If a form is not specified, you cannot consider an application as invalid under these rules, as the provisions of paragraph 34A do not apply. However if a specified fee is not paid in full it may still be invalid under the relevant fees regulations.

An example of an application type that does not have a specified form is the application to confirm rights of residence under European law.

You must request more information from the applicant, if necessary, for an application made on a non-specified form to be considered properly. If a non-specified form has a personal history section, the applicant must answer all questions and provide additional information as required.
Invalid applications @ Page 55 wrote:You must immediately reject the application using the invalidation process, if the application is invalid for a reason other than not complying with the biometric information requirements.

You must do this regardless of whether the applicant has booked and attended a biometric information premium or super premium appointment.
You must not reject an application as invalid if mandatory documents have not been provided but instead you must request them. If they are then not provided the application can be rejected.
My personal suggestion is to be prepared with all the required documents (Bank Statements, Financial Requirement Docs like Payslips, Cohabitation Docs, English Language Test Docs, Etc,.)

Bottom line : It all depends on the caseworker, He/She might ask you to fill in a new form and submit or might ask you to make a fresh application. (As one of my friend has experienced this and was granted a visa for his surprise)

However, worst come to worst (I hope not) if they refuse your current application, you might not be covered by Section 3C for your new application. My personal suggestion is get prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Keep your docs up-to-date and make an application from your home country. I bet it is much faster than making an application here and waiting indefinitely. Good Luck
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ID29

Re: status update

Post by ID29 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:15 pm

redbeard wrote:... Reading other's experiences has been helpful, encouraging but at the same time despairing. I had found when someone posted their good news I had simultaneous feelings of happiness and resentment.
Don't worry, that's an entirely normal reaction and no one will think badly of you.

The reality is that we hear so little from UKBA during the process, even telephone enquiries leave applicants clueless as to what is happening. To see people posting their good news here helps others to see that there IS something happening, that applications ARE being decided and are not simply left piled up in a warehouse somewhere.

Loved your comment: "Watched a sh*tload of television."... as a coping strategy, I can't think of anything to better it, sad as that is.

Finally, congratulations and thank you so much for taking the time to update us. Wishing you all the best for the future.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Xiaozhu wrote:... Also, ID29 I just noticed your timetable - how come you got yours decided so fast?
First of all, thank you for the feedback from UKBA. Information from them is so difficult to get that anything like this is very useful.

As for your question? There are two parts to this answer and believe me, it didn't feel like a fast decision.

We applied just a week before the new rules for family migrants was imposed. We now know, there was a massive spike in the numbers of applications and you'd be forgiven for thinking this would slow the decisions. In some cases this may be what has happened as the UKBA struggled with the increased workload. Back in late October, early November, people who had applied in Jan/Feb were reporting successful decisions. But suddenly, some members here who had submitted applications around the same time as us were getting good news (so ours wasn't the fastest). We suddenly started hoping we'd also hear something too and even correctly estimated when the mail man would call. What we now believed happened was that the UKBA brought in extra staff to help reduce this spike in pre-rule change applications... we don't know if they are still working on them or whether it was purely an exercise to reduce the numbers down to normal levels for later decisions when the caseworkers get to them.

So the short answer to the first part is; luck. If we'd applied a few weeks earlier, then ironically, we might still be waiting. And yes, I'm aware that might sound unfair but at the time we had no way of knowing the spike in applications would work in our favour. It might equally have worked against us.

As for the second part, I believe the way we put together out application also helped. When my partner applied for entry clearance we submitted a very concise but detailed application that explained clearly what we wanted, why and how we met the criteria. We got a successful response within just two days. So when it came to making our FLR application we simply followed the same successful tactics we'd already used.

If you look back to when we received our decision and read the subsequent posts from myself (as the sponsor) and ID33 (the applicant) we both give some insights into our application.

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks ID29. I'm glad for you, although it does feel incredibly unfair when they tell us that they are considering our applications in strict date order. Our application was very clear and straightforward as well, we applied in August and I can only imagine that they haven't actually looked at it yet as if they did it would take them about 2 hours to decide...

majojo

10 year partner route

Post by majojo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:24 pm

hi guys does any one know the requirements for the 10 year partner route. can i use only 3 months payslips to apply for that even if it meets the 18600 threshold? thats (£1550 pm). i couldnt apply for the flrm becasue i and my wife have only worked for 3 months and my current visa expires tomorrow so i h ad to use only 3 months payslips on the 10 year partner route since they said if you do not emet the rewuirements u can apply for that but must have all other facts intact any ideas please help

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Re: 10 year partner route

Post by andrew_walker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:22 pm

majojo wrote:hi guys does any one know the requirements for the 10 year partner route. can i use only 3 months payslips to apply for that even if it meets the 18600 threshold? thats (£1550 pm). i couldnt apply for the flrm becasue i and my wife have only worked for 3 months and my current visa expires tomorrow so i h ad to use only 3 months payslips on the 10 year partner route since they said if you do not emet the rewuirements u can apply for that but must have all other facts intact any ideas please help
Hi, if you have been with your current employer for less than 6 months, you should apply using Salaried Employment category B, instead of category A no?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

sakss
Newly Registered

Post by sakss » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 pm

HI people

Im new to this forum..getting pretty confused with some ofthe posts and rules which may apply to my case..

I am looking to get married around sep/oct this year (currently engaged)..I am a British national by birth currently living and working in UAE (dubai), been here since 2007. Im looking to move back to the UK asap before I get married in order to start with the visa and nationality process of my wife.

I have afew interviews lined up and if thing go well im looking to start work round about april time.

What are the documents I require? what are the time frames? what are the costs involved? what are the new rules? Do i need to get a nikah done asap? Does the 6 months salary certificates apply to me too? Do i need to have mortgaged proprty or rented?

Could someone please assist me with all the formalities and requirement that need to be done?

Thanks and Regards

Saqib

majojo

andrew

Post by majojo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:50 pm

hi andrew.. well i cannot apply on category B as with that u have to bring your last 12 months pay slips. i am on tier 4 finished and now working full time so this is actually my first employment. my wife has also hot been working for 4 years since she has always been having surgeries and she recently finshed her final one and also working for 3 months thats why... with category B u have to provide 3 months payslips and last payslips in the last 12 months meeting 18600 so i dont qualify... best bet was 10 year partner route. i do meet every other requirement

majojo

sakks

Post by majojo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:53 pm

sakks.. u just need to have a place. not necessariyl mortage or rented. so far as it can accommodate u and yoru wife thats all. with utility bills, n all that.. also u must work for at tleast 6 months and gather paslips and bankstatements for 6 mohts to corrrespond. also i suggest u go for the premium service thats the best. as you get a decesion that same day and within a week ur wife gts her visa

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Spouse visa requirements

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 pm

sakss wrote:I am looking to get married around sep/oct this year (currently engaged)..I am a British national by birth currently living and working in UAE (dubai), been here since 2007. Im looking to move back to the UK asap before I get married in order to start with the visa and nationality process of my wife.

What national is she?

I have afew interviews lined up and if thing go well im looking to start work round about april time.

What are the documents I require?

Six months payslips along with bank statements reflecting your salary (£18600 or combination of your savings and income if salary<18600).
Marriage certificate, if you get married.
Accommodation to prove that she don't rely on public funds
If she is a foreign national, English language requirement.

what are the time frames?
Depends if applying from inside/outside of the UK. If within the UK, 6-8 months for postal service and 1 day if premium service is used.

what are the costs involved?
Again depends which country you are applying from? In UK it is £561 for postal and £867 for premium service.

what are the new rules?
Read through the links provided below.

Do i need to get a nikah done asap?
Yes.

Does the 6 months salary certificates apply to me too?
Yes.

Do i need to have mortgaged proprty or rented?
Either way is fine.
Welcome to the forum, I'll try to provide you with as much information relevant to you as possible. Mean while try to read through this post
FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT wrote:3.5. Conversion of foreign currency
3.5.1. Income or cash savings in a foreign currency will be converted to pounds sterling (£) using the closing spot exchange rate which appears on www.oanda.com on the date of application. Where there is income or cash savings in different foreign currencies, each will be converted into pounds sterling (£) before being added together, and then added to any UK income or savings, to give a total amount.
Use VAF4A Form along with Appendix 2 if applying from outside the UK. This guidance should help you
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

MrsWillo
Newly Registered

Post by MrsWillo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi all...

Just updating... im STILL waiting... like most of us all here, tho i feel it's not too far off... just a feeling i have :D
Early June application sent... 13/6/2012
Biometrics done: Early August 2012

Stats: Aussie girl, married british man in April 2012

Kyls xx :D

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 pm

this thread is all about FLR(M) waiting times. whats kicking off here everyone querying about different stuff. start your own thread and you will get advice

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm

innocentdevil wrote:this thread is all about FLR(M) waiting times. whats kicking off here everyone querying about different stuff. start your own thread and you will get advice
I agree with your advice but at least people are querying about FLR(M) unlike those threads where members have turned the threads into chat rooms.

Also the probability of getting an advice is 1:50 compared to a new thread as more people are subscribed to this thread, notifications are sent to all those people who are watching this thread which cannot be accomplished if every person starts his own new thread.

My self and many more like me believe that half of the people looking for advice end up getting their answers in this thread even before they post their query. But then it's only my personal opinion. I don't own this forum so I cannot be adamant.
Skydrives, Templates

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Dear guys,

I would love to know if the UKBA are still making decision based on old application before July 9 or after because some of the refusal i saw on here is quite scaring based on this new financial requirement. It's quite frustrating. I'm submitted my application in June and it is 7 months already. I would be more than happy if anybody has experience this but yet there application was approved.

Thank you

shaj
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Approved

Post by shaj » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm the silent follower of this forum. This is our timeline for my wife's Flr (m) application.

Application Sent: 18-May-2012
Bio-metrics Letter Received: 07-Jun-2012
Bio-metrics Given: 07-Jun-2012
Received Passport with approval letter: 30-01-2013
Waiting for BRP card.

Seems that Home Office is clearing their backlogs. Good luck for those who been waiting for a long time.

Thanks.

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) Approved

Post by andrew_walker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm

shaj wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm the silent follower of this forum. This is our timeline for my wife's Flr (m) application.

Application Sent: 18-May-2012
Bio-metrics Letter Received: 07-Jun-2012
Bio-metrics Given: 07-Jun-2012
Received Passport with approval letter: 30-01-2013
Waiting for BRP card.

Seems that Home Office is clearing their backlogs. Good luck for those who been waiting for a long time.

Thanks.

Congratulations!

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Re: andrew

Post by andrew_walker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:26 pm

majojo wrote:hi andrew.. well i cannot apply on category B as with that u have to bring your last 12 months pay slips. i am on tier 4 finished and now working full time so this is actually my first employment. my wife has also hot been working for 4 years since she has always been having surgeries and she recently finshed her final one and also working for 3 months thats why... with category B u have to provide 3 months payslips and last payslips in the last 12 months meeting 18600 so i dont qualify... best bet was 10 year partner route. i do meet every other requirement
Yes, sorry I see what you mean. The 10 year partner route is using the FLR (O) form right? I have looked through the form and the guidance notes and I can't see anywhere where it requires you to meet a certain financial requirement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

shendean

FLR-M Extension of stay

Post by shendean » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 am

Hi everyone!

Does someone applied here oct-nov? Did you get all your docments back? I just done my biometric yesterday. And we are traveling on march.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR-M Extension of stay

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:07 am

shendean wrote:Application sent: Oct 2012
Letter recieve from Ukba: Nov 11 2012
Biometric Letter Recieved: Jan 28 2013 (its my bday too) so happy bout it.
Biometric Sent: Jan 30 2013

And now waiting for BRP card that it says 5-7 working days to arrive.
Can you explain why do you think you shall get your BRP in 5-7 days?
Where did you got this information from?
Skydrives, Templates

shendean

Post by shendean » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 am

well now its different it takes long. i have applied here 3times now im doing extension .
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: 10 year partner route

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 am

majojo wrote:hi guys does any one know the requirements for the 10 year partner route. can i use only 3 months payslips to apply for that even if it meets the 18600 threshold? thats (£1550 pm). i couldnt apply for the flrm becasue i and my wife have only worked for 3 months and my current visa expires tomorrow so i h ad to use only 3 months payslips on the 10 year partner route since they said if you do not emet the rewuirements u can apply for that but must have all other facts intact any ideas please help
Hi Majojo

whats this 10 year Partner route???

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:28 am

shendean wrote:well now its different it takes long. i have applied here 3times now im doing extension .

Gone are those days where you could've got your visas sorted in 4-5 weeks.
My personal suggestion is not to book your holiday until you actually receive your docs back to avoid any unforeseen disappointments.

BTW what date did you applied in October?
Skydrives, Templates

allison
Newly Registered

Post by allison » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:28 am

Hi all

After an 8 month wait I finally received my passport and documents back today.

My timeline is as follows
Application date: 29/05/12
Biometrics enrolled: 04/07/12
Passport received: 31/01/13
BRP: Still in the post

It seems that they are finally catching up on the backlog.

good luck to everyone still waiting.