ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tgunner
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Tgunner » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tgunner wrote:My residence permit ran out in Dec 2008. My application to renew was refused which then led to the appeal and ultimately the dismissal of the appeal in late 2009. Then I applied for EEA family member which was granted in October 2010. I'm sure I was issued a long COA with a right to work. Because I took employment in 2009. My lawyer mentioned judicial review which would have extended section 3c but I can't remember if he went ahead with it.
Judicial review does not extend section 3C. Only if your JR is successful if HO made an error, will the period of overstay be overlooked. Trust me, you would have known if he went ahead with JR because it is a very expensive process through the courts.

Extended family members who apply for a EEA EFM residence card have no automatic rights under the EEA regulations and don't usually get a COA with right to work.
Thanks for your advise, I patiently await the outcome of my application. I will update the forum of the decision

100kg

Post by 100kg » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:09 pm

hello guys, i just receieve a mail from my case worker about 5 mins agao, asking me for a forwarding adress as i was deployed to canada for work, and also if i will like to do my ceremony in cana if my application is sucessful. i just replied to her. i think they have started working on my case.
i pray its suceesful too

marinete
Newly Registered

Post by marinete » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:33 pm

I have applied for naturalisation and have been checking online the progress of my application however today when I tried to do it I got a message of "reference not recognised". I thought that I had put a number wrong and tried many times, same answer. I have done this check before using the same reference number and I have always been able to check my application status. Anyone having the same issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 pm

marinete wrote:I have applied for naturalisation and have been checking online the progress of my application however today when I tried to do it I got a message of "reference not recognised". I thought that I had put a number wrong and tried many times, same answer. I have done this check before using the same reference number and I have always been able to check my application status. Anyone having the same issue?
Yes many people. Stop refreshing the saved link and open the checking service again. Royal Mail number doesn't appear to work anymore.

There is a specific topic for the checking service, please post such questions there rather than this one which is for general application questions.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... 8-540.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Trabant

Post by Trabant » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Hello!
I have a question about this requirement:
"Once you’ve got your certificate of British citizenship, you must send your biometric residence permit back to the Home Office within 5 days"

I called them to ask what if I don't have BRP - but just permanent resident card - for EEA - not biometric one - and I was told that I must return it as well.

Is this true?

If it really is - please change this in the information on the main page of Citizenship forum.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Trabant wrote:Hello!
I have a question about this requirement:
"Once you’ve got your certificate of British citizenship, you must send your biometric residence permit back to the Home Office within 5 days"

I called them to ask what if I don't have BRP - but just permanent resident card - for EEA - not biometric one - and I was told that I must return it as well.

Is this true?

If it really is - please change this in the information on the main page of Citizenship forum.

Regards
No you don't have to return the EEA/EU route PR cards.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yplsa
Newly Registered

Post by yplsa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Apparently you do. I had the same question and this is what I received via email:

Thank you for the email,

You will need to return your permanent residence card to the address you have been told to return your BRP card to.

Regards

M XXXXXXX
Central Correspondence team
Customer Service Operations
UK Visas and Immigration
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi

100kg

Post by 100kg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 am

hello guys , i applied on the 22nd of may 2017, boimetrics done 8th of june, case decided 8th of 2017, letter dated 9th of august, received today saturday 12th august.

waiting for ceremony date now

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:39 pm

100kg wrote:hello guys , i applied on the 22nd of may 2017, boimetrics done 8th of june, case decided 8th of 2017, letter dated 9th of august, received today saturday 12th august.

waiting for ceremony date now

Congratulations 100kg you are the 1st one who got from May Applicants.... :D

Elster
Newly Registered

Post by Elster » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Indguru90 wrote:
Elster wrote:
Ewelina_Sz wrote:Hello People,
Quick one ;)
How long time it takes now from Biometrics to date of receipt of approval ?
Hi Ewelina,

I wonder if there is some sort of internal target: most of the applications from the more recent timelines (self-selecting sample, I know, but the best I can go on) see a decision 3 months after the biometric details have been taken. Pre-Easter ones add another week or so, it would appear.

Overall, they've now pretty much reached 4 months from application to approval-letter-received for March applications (those that are clear runs and where no subsequent HO queries or other snags were reported) -- it was 3 months on average before.

Best,
Elster
Waiting times from NCS appointment/receipt of postal application was just over 50 days (less than 2 months) in the first half of 2017. This normally works out at four weeks after enrolment of biometrics. The Nationality Group is quite busy at the moment however (what with a modest increase in European cases) and summer time, but processing times are expected to revert back to 2 months in total after the summer.
Thank you for this insight. Cold comfort for those of us EU applicants who applied in the first week of April believing we would not get caught by the summer rush. How wrong I was. Have had no update from UKVI, and I provided my biometric details well over 3 months ago. Can't say I'm impressed with the performance or with VfM for this service: 6 months waiting time without the right to a progress report, with a bare-bones online update in perpetual beta... I suspect quite a few of us Europeans who are used to rather more transparency, less cost and faster turnaround times will be in for a surprise in 18/19. I certainly have been and will be warning friends who are considering the same path.

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:01 pm

marinete wrote:I have applied for naturalisation and have been checking online the progress of my application however today when I tried to do it I got a message of "reference not recognised". I thought that I had put a number wrong and tried many times, same answer. I have done this check before using the same reference number and I have always been able to check my application status. Anyone having the same issue?

I think their website is out of use today. I received the same message when I tried to check my husband's application.

Dudley83
Newly Registered

Post by Dudley83 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:41 am

Hi all. I have a couple of questions.

1) I requested my documents to be returned due to travel commitments, long before my citizenship was due to be decided. Inside the package, it said that they might need me to send my passport back again but they would write to me to let me know. Has anyone actually had them ask for your passport back again? If so what does the envelope look like that they request it from, or is it via email?

2) When the citizenship ID card finally arrives is it recorded delivery and signed for? Does it show on there that it is from the home office? What does the envelope look like, please? Thanksv for any and all help!

John

omarcheema1
Newly Registered

Post by omarcheema1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:57 am

Maly110 wrote:

I think their website is out of use today. I received the same message when I tried to check my husband's application.

Check with a case reference not the Home office reference ,it's possible that its been decided already.

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what is the postal address of Home office and HMPO for the address change notification...

I already write a covering letter and attached proof of address copies + identification copies for them ...

want to post tomorrow and let them know the new updated address...

Thanks

mskatemaks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by mskatemaks » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi guys,

I have a few general questions. I am applying for a British Citizenship ATM.

I have held a Permanent Resident status since 10 August 2016 (card itself was issued in Feb 2017) - does it mean I can technically apply for British passport from 11 August 2017 onwards?

I am EEA Citizen.

In the AN Form's first page it says: "1.3 Date you were given inde nite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN". Does it mean I have to leave this question blank as it is not applicable? Later on they ask for PR card details for EEA nationals which I have to fill in, correct?

Also, where they ask to put addresses for the past 5 years, is it the 5 years prior to obtaining the PR status or 5 years before applying for Citizenship? Hence if I send my application on 1 Sept 2017 I need to provide my residence history from say 30 August 2012?

Does the same rule apply to travelling? ("the past 5 years")

And finally, do EEA nationals exercise their treaty rights by being self-employed, but not have paid any NI contributions/ or tax (as the income was less than the threshold)?

I would hugely appreciate the help of some smart people out here.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:33 pm

mskatemaks wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:28 pm
Hi guys,

I have held a Permanent Resident status since 10 August 2016 (card itself was issued in Feb 2017) - does it mean I can technically apply for British passport from 11 August 2017 onwards? yes

I am EEA Citizen.

In the AN Form's first page it says: "1.3 Date you were given inde nite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN". Does it mean I have to leave this question blank as it is not applicable? Later on they ask for PR card details for EEA nationals which I have to fill in, correct? Correct yes.

Also, where they ask to put addresses for the past 5 years, is it the 5 years prior to obtaining the PR status or 5 years before applying for Citizenship? Hence if I send my application on 1 Sept 2017 I need to provide my residence history from say 30 August 2012? 5 years preceding your Citizenship application.

Does the same rule apply to travelling? ("the past 5 years") yes, the 5 years immediately preceding your citizenship application.

And finally, do EEA nationals exercise their treaty rights by being self-employed, but not have paid any NI contributions/ or tax (as the income was less than the threshold)? Not sure.

Char (CR001 not Casa)

mskatemaks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mskatemaks » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:33 pm
mskatemaks wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:28 pm
Hi guys,

I have held a Permanent Resident status since 10 August 2016 (card itself was issued in Feb 2017) - does it mean I can technically apply for British passport from 11 August 2017 onwards? yes

I am EEA Citizen.

In the AN Form's first page it says: "1.3 Date you were given inde nite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN". Does it mean I have to leave this question blank as it is not applicable? Later on they ask for PR card details for EEA nationals which I have to fill in, correct? Correct yes.

Also, where they ask to put addresses for the past 5 years, is it the 5 years prior to obtaining the PR status or 5 years before applying for Citizenship? Hence if I send my application on 1 Sept 2017 I need to provide my residence history from say 30 August 2012? 5 years preceding your Citizenship application.

Does the same rule apply to travelling? ("the past 5 years") yes, the 5 years immediately preceding your citizenship application.

And finally, do EEA nationals exercise their treaty rights by being self-employed, but not have paid any NI contributions/ or tax (as the income was less than the threshold)? Not sure.

Thank you. I would assume "yes" for the last one since I have held an EU health insurance card.. Is there a helpline via which I can reach the HomeOffice? Last time I called I could not reach them at all as the automated voice said "all general info is available of our website" and hung up..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:50 pm

mskatemaks wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:45 pm
Thank you. I would assume "yes" for the last one since I have held an EU health insurance card.. Is there a helpline via which I can reach the HomeOffice? Last time I called I could not reach them at all as the automated voice said "all general info is available of our website" and hung up..
If you held health insurance then no problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Masrsfe1982
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Masrsfe1982 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:49 am

Hello
I have applied for my naturalisation on 29th of may 2017. But on 23 of may I lost my bio matric residenshitp card and reported to the police and inform the home office. Today morning I have received an email from home office which is asking why I haven't applied for my new replacement bio matric card, they gave 10 working days to reply with valid reason. Even though when I applied for my naturalisation I clearly mentioned about the lost brp . What should I do now. Any advice that would b great help.
Thank you

lubmob

Post by lubmob » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:47 pm

any one can help me about this question

In the AN Form's first page it says: "1.3 Date you were given inde nite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN". Does it mean I have to leave this question blank as it is not applicable? Later on they ask for PR card details for EEA nationals which I have to fill in, correct

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:18 pm

lubmob wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:47 pm
any one can help me about this question

In the AN Form's first page it says: "1.3 Date you were given inde nite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN". Does it mean I have to leave this question blank as it is not applicable? Later on they ask for PR card details for EEA nationals which I have to fill in, correct
Leave 1.3 blank, complete the EEA/EU sections as required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gregzzz
Newly Registered

Post by gregzzz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:45 pm

TheVillager
Newly Registered

Post by TheVillager » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:31 pm

TheVillager wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:29 am
Thanks for responding. With the use of the phrase 'Main applicant' I meant I'm the individual to whom the letters of accepting the family application were addressed to (with the unique Case ID assigned). The status of the application for my Case ID says 'Decided' so I'm not sure if it's a case of delayed/missing post OR additional checks in progress for my application.
I finally received the approval letter. It was a case of the letter 'lost in transit'. After innumerable emails, phone calls and follow ups, the Home Office finally reissued a new letter dated 16 Aug which was delivered today. Further details in british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... l#p1526201

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:57 pm

I wonder if applications done through NCS have longer timings? I've seen few April applicants who applied directly and only 1 NCS applicant so far who received their replies :(.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:38 am

It seems that the order that applications are being decided is only very loosely related to the order in which people applied when it comes to April applicants. I feel a bit guilty about receiving my approval when so many people who applied before I did are still waiting for a decision. I know I'd feel pretty annoyed in their place.

Now that summer holidays are almost over in England (they already finished in Scotland), hopefully the processing times will start to decrease. When the process is generally fast (< 3 months), I don't think anyone cares that someone who applied after they did got their decision sooner. But when you've already been waiting longer than you expected to when you applied, every decision that isn't about your application feels like a personal slight.