ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 year partner route

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:29 am

saanju9 wrote:whats this 10 year Partner route???
10 yr Partner Route
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shendean

flr

Post by shendean » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:35 am

I forgoy already. I recieve acknowledgement lettrr nov 11 .
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

shendean

Entension of Stay

Post by shendean » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 am

I am applying for an extension of stay i not pass my english test yet.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi all

Further to my last post about the UKBA promising to be back at 'service standard' by March 2013, what do you think this means?

By 'service standard' I am guessing they mean the 95% within 6 months quoted on their website. If so, do you think that this means all applications made before the end of August 2012 (which will have been outstanding for 6 months by March) will be decided by March 2013? Or do you think they mean service standards will be restored for new postal applications only?

I have noticed that a few of you who applied in May last year have been getting your documents back recently, which I hope is a sign that by 'getting back to service standards' means that they are trying to clear the backlog. It would be amazing if they were, as I need to go abroad for work in March and want my husband to come.

It's great when they give you some info, but it's always so cryptic...

Just a reminder of our timeline:

Applied: 24 August 2012
Acknowledgement: 29 August 2012
BM letter: 18 November 2012
BM given: 22 November 2012

Xiaozhu

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Me again.

I have just spoken to the UKBA, who picked up the phone remarkably quickly (a good sign? Esepcially as I called during lunch. Perhaps they really are hiring more staff!). They told me that 'getting back to service standards' really does mean clearing the backlog. Fingers crossed. Although I still don't trust them as far as I could throw them and will keep up the pressure visa MPs etc...

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR-M Extension of stay

Post by killban1971 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:15 pm

shendean wrote:Does someone applied here oct-nov? Did you get all your docments back? I just done my biometric yesterday. And we are traveling on march.
Hi,

My wife completed her biometrics on the 29th January. See our timeline below for the dates.

I would suspect that a March return might be a little optimistic, but, fingers crossed for both of us!

xiaoma
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoma » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi guys,

I feel like I am not alone when I saw many people are still desperately waiting for their visas.

Please see my timeline of the application below:

Application submitted(FLR(M)): 2nd Nov 2012
Ac letter received: 13th Nov (dated 6th Nov 2012)
Application fee taken: 7th Nov 2012(they are surprisingly quick to charge you and then doing fxxk around)
Request spouse passport: 14th Jan 2013
Biometric invitation letter received: 16th Jan 2013 (dated 11th Jan 2013)
Biometric done in Holborn PO: 17th Jan 2013 (paid £19.20)
Spouse passport returned: 29th Jan 2013 (dated 25th Jan 2013)
Application approval letter: waiting
BRP card: waiting
Document return: waiting
(from Tier 1 work visa)

I called UKBA just after my biometric was done. I was holding the line for 20 mins, a lady finally picked up the phone and said: If I am within 65% of the applicants, then my BRP card will be granted within 4 weeks. If I am not within 65% of the applicants, then it will take longer. Then I asked how much longer if I am not within, she said: you can call us again if it takes above 6 months......... I asked: Can you tell me whether I am within or not. She said:sorry, I cannot tell you.

Anyway, be positive!! finger cross.

Regards,
Tina
Last edited by xiaoma on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kc11
Newly Registered

Post by kc11 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 pm

@Xiaozhu
By 'service standard' I am guessing they mean the 95% within 6 months quoted on their website
Isnt the 6 mths service standard for a settlement visa. This is a non-settlement visa???? Therefore I interpret the service standard as 100% within 12 weeks as per here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

Our MP wrote to UKBA asking them why they have not met the 12 week service standard for this visa and they replied with;
I am sorry that this case has not been finalised with our published timescales. In recent months we have received higher than forecast numbers of applications for LTR across a number of migration routes. . . . .
Just the my interpretation based on the info I have, hope it helps.

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:54 pm

xiaoma wrote:Spouse passport returned: 29th Jan 2013 (dated 25th Jan 2013)
Did you ask for your spouse's passport to be returned?

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: 10 year partner route

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
saanju9 wrote:whats this 10 year Partner route???
10 yr Partner Route
yeah that link is taking me to FLR(o) which says you can extend your visa under the Long residency 10yr basis, if you don't have LIUK exam and OR if you don't wish to apply for ILR (or on those lines)

See what Majojo says:
majojo wrote:hi guys does any one know the requirements for the 10 year partner route.
So the question is

@ Majojo

1. were you here already for 10yrs (legally)???

2. If you were here why wouldn't you consider FLR(o) instead SET(O) on 10yr Long Residency???

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm

kc11 wrote:@Xiaozhu
By 'service standard' I am guessing they mean the 95% within 6 months quoted on their website
Isnt the 6 mths service standard for a settlement visa. This is a non-settlement visa???? Therefore I interpret the service standard as 100% within 12 weeks as per here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

Our MP wrote to UKBA asking them why they have not met the 12 week service standard for this visa and they replied with;
I am sorry that this case has not been finalised with our published timescales. In recent months we have received higher than forecast numbers of applications for LTR across a number of migration routes. . . . .
Just the my interpretation based on the info I have, hope it helps.

KC11 .... I don't think that for the visas applied within the UK. scroll the dropdown box and you find UK in it. its unfortunate but I think they are standard times (at least that page) is for application applied outside of UK

But anyways as you said be positive

S

xiaoma
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoma » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Yes, I did request my spouse's passport on the 14th Jan as listed previously:)
There was letter attached with the passport, saying: a copy of the passport has been retained with the initial application and you are not required to return it to the UKBA unless requested to do so by a case worker.

killban1971 wrote:
xiaoma wrote:Spouse passport returned: 29th Jan 2013 (dated 25th Jan 2013)
Did you ask for your spouse's passport to be returned?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:00 pm

xiaoma : you applied on 3 days before I sent my wife's FLR(M) away so we cannot be far away. If yours is sorted this month ideally my wife's should be as well.

When you asked for the ROD, did you explicitly say that you do not want to withdraw application ?

Also, once you ask for ROD, have you just received your passport ? What about Sponsor's passport, BRP etc ??

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:05 pm

KC11: I got exactly the same letter. I find it hard to believe that applications were higher than 'expected'. Anyway, yes the service standard is 6 months I'm afraid.

xiaoma
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoma » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi there,
I am the applicant( applied for FLR(M) inside the UK from Tier 1 work visa). my husband is my sponsor and I asked for my husband passport return on the 14th Jan 2013, because he had to travel abroad for a meeting.

UKBA has a specific “return of document request form". The question 3 on the form is "Do you want to withdraw your application:, I put a solid "NO" when I filled in the form.

You can find this form here:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

On the 29th Jan 2013, we received my husband's passport and we were really excited. It means UKBA at least are doing something right.

Also, I did not ask for my passport return, so my passport is still in the UKBA.

My husband is my sponsor and he is British citizen. The only supporting document he sent to the UKBA with my application together is his passport , he does't have a BRP.

I hope it helps:)

Regards,
xiaoma
innocentdevil wrote:xiaoma : you applied on 3 days before I sent my wife's FLR(M) away so we cannot be far away. If yours is sorted this month ideally my wife's should be as well.

When you asked for the ROD, did you explicitly say that you do not want to withdraw application ?

Also, once you ask for ROD, have you just received your passport ? What about Sponsor's passport, BRP etc ??
Last edited by xiaoma on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majojo

SAANJU9

Post by majojo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 pm

sanjo... yo uare wrong. 10 year is for longer residency. there is a 10 year family route and theres longer residency( which u have to b here for 10 years). but mne is 10 year partner route. so instead of 5 years to settlement t will take 10 years to settlement. home office said so. u can check it from the ministerial statement. that if u cant meet the flrm but u can demonstrate other strong requirements u wil be granted stay on the 10 year partner route which u have to renew 4 times on 2.5 years till settlement.

go to FLR(O) form section 3. it has all the categories there. also on the partners and family category on the website ull fine flrm 5 year route n flr0 10 year route.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Xiaozhu wrote:I find it hard to believe that applications were higher than 'expected'...
Unfortunately, this is one of the few things UKBA are being truthful about. Various Freedom of Information requests and data published by the UKBA/Government do show a greatly increased number of applications.

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:50 pm

ID29 - yes I understand that, but this rise in applications should not have taken them by surprise. They knew full well that the rules were changing on 9 July 2012 and I don't think it is totally unpredictable that a lot of people would want to get their applications in before this in order to take advantage of the old rules. They should have anticipated this result and hired more people.

Even if hiring more people was impossible, the main problem I have with the UKBA is not so much the delay (although it is agonising) but their total lack of transparency throughout. Had I and my husband known when we applied in August that it would take about 8 months to process the application by post, then we would have paid extra and gone to a PEO. Instead the UKBA misled us with meaningless, out of date statistics and 'target' processing times. They should have been up front with us fromt he beginning and admitted how long it would take, and a lot of heart ache (and money, as my hudband is unable to work) would have been saved.

aprillbCDN
Newly Registered

Post by aprillbCDN » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Xiaozhu wrote:
Even if hiring more people was impossible, the main problem I have with the UKBA is not so much the delay (although it is agonising) but their total lack of transparency throughout. Had I and my husband known when we applied in August that it would take about 8 months to process the application by post, then we would have paid extra and gone to a PEO. Instead the UKBA misled us with meaningless, out of date statistics and 'target' processing times. They should have been up front with us fromt he beginning and admitted how long it would take, and a lot of heart ache (and money, as my hudband is unable to work) would have been saved.
Xiaozhu, I totally agree about the transparency...we are kicking ourselves that we didn't do the same day processing. The extra money would have been worth it to save us the heart ache!!!

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:24 pm

Yes I see your point Xiaozhu and agree whole-heartedly. But if the potential delays were pre-announced then I'm afraid you and aprillbCDN might have similarly found yourselves at the end of a very long queue of people waiting for PEO appointments too.

I must confess though that I, and others, are mystified why the UKBA cannot provide a real time update of processing times on their website... if deli counters and doctors can do it then surely its not beyond the UK Government?

andrew_walker
Newly Registered

Post by andrew_walker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 pm

Xiaozhu wrote:ID29 - yes I understand that, but this rise in applications should not have taken them by surprise. They knew full well that the rules were changing on 9 July 2012 and I don't think it is totally unpredictable that a lot of people would want to get their applications in before this in order to take advantage of the old rules. They should have anticipated this result and hired more people.

That's exactly it! We've all been mislead. Obviously we know the real time scale now, but had it not been for the internet and forums like this, we'd all be none the wiser.

If UKBA was a business and we were it's customers it would go bust, I don't see why a government agency should be able to get away with it.

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 pm

ID29 wrote:Yes I see your point Xiaozhu and agree whole-heartedly. But if the potential delays were pre-announced then I'm afraid you and aprillbCDN might have similarly found yourselves at the end of a very long queue of people waiting for PEO appointments too.
Yes, that is a risk. But the other option would have been to marry in China (where my husband is from) and have the application processed there, rather than going through the whole palaver of getting a fiance visa (took 3 months) and then waiting for either a postal application or PEO here. UKBA offices abroad take about a maximum of 3 months to process FLR(M) applications.

Anyway, it's not the point. It creates a two tier application system, where the lucky ones with a bit more cash to spend get a same day visa and the naive ones like us have to go through the soul-destroying process of waiting for a postal application. If UKBA's reason for not telling us the statistics is some kind of 'crowd control' this makes it even more unfair. They should just be up front with the facts so everyone is equal and has the same chance, rather than trying to cover up their incompetence and screwing people over in the process. Even then if everyone had to wait the same amount of time at least we would know and could plan our lives around it.

I got a letter from my MP today (after I did a LOT of kicking and screaming and letter writing) telling me that our application is 'under active consideration' and that the UKBA expects to have made a decision by the end of March, and that I should get back in contact with her if not. That gives me a small glimmer of hope, but they can't shut me up that easily. I have learnt from bitter experience not to trust what they say. I am continuing with a complaint to the Ombudsman.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am

what im actually worried about is the psychological effect this could have on some people. I mean not having a job for 9 months, just sitting at home not knowing whether you'd be able to live with your partner or not. Anyone would go crazy. 9 months to process an application that cost hundreds of pounds has to be one of the worst service standards in the world

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:03 am

egoneo wrote:what im actually worried about is the psychological effect this could have on some people. I mean not having a job for 9 months, just sitting at home not knowing whether you'd be able to live with your partner or not. Anyone would go crazy. 9 months to process an application that cost hundreds of pounds has to be one of the worst service standards in the world
My wife is going stir crazy at home. We moved at the start of October, and she has painted anything that does not move.

In hindsight, I would do the PEO route next time. The extra cost is meaningless in comparison to the anguish that she is currently going through.

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:27 am

Of course if you can get a doctor to confirm the fact that the application process is causing mental health problems then you may have a case for expedition... I think it'd have to be a pretty strong case though, I have heard that the UKBA can be unsympathetic b*****ds.