ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nad

Waiting Time..

Post by nad » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi guys,
I wonder why they take soo long for settlement visa, The waiting time is really annoying, does anyone know what time during the day they will change the visa application status.
Thanks.

Pubali
Newly Registered

GREAT SERVICE!

Post by Pubali » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi

I have been looking at this forum for some time and have come across loads of complaining, so thought I'd share a bit of good news to lighten the mood somewhat! :)

I applied for Settlement wife visa from Mumbai North May 7th.

Wasn't too happy that they took so long to give it to me, but pleasantly surprised that they called me on 20th July to say that because I hadn't given my original degree certificate, the officer was putting my application on hold till I got a UK NARIC certificate.

I was grateful they gave me the chance - and then she actually called back to say that she spoke to her superior, and they were totally satisfied with my English proficiency and she was stamping my visa in 5 to 10 minutes!

She sounded totally reasonable and fair - a complete contrast to all the reports I have been reading about on the forum. (To clarify - I'd given my original transcripts and I have done English Hons from Presidency College which is one of India's best - and I am an English writer - so that may have helped the case).

In any case - do not lose hope, it's not all like going into enemy camp here - there are a few good officers there and I guess I was lucky she went through my application.

I hope most of you are just as lucky!

Hope everyone gets the visa just as soon. :D :) :)

nad

Congrats..

Post by nad » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi Congrats, my wife applied on 10th May let's hope to hear from them soon.

ash8055
Newly Registered

when to travel after spousal visa issued

Post by ash8055 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am

hi everyone

I just want to know that how long can i stay in my home country after my spousal visa has been issued without affecting the ILR which i will apply in the near future? i was granted my visa on the 18th of July 2012.

Really appreciate for your answers

ash

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 am

Hi All,

I applied on April 27th from VFS Hyderabad. I wrote an email to the BHC Chennai asking for an update and they informed me that it is in the final stages and that they will let me know once a decision has been made.

So, I am thinking that they haven't made a decision, and I am wondering if anyone on this forum have any idea on how long it might take for me to hear anything back?

Thanks.
27-04-2012: Submitted application @ VFS Hyderabad
02-05-2012: Application under process at BHC
30-07-2012: Processed application delivered to Blue Dart
31-07-2012: VISA Granted

Liza
Newly Registered

Regards to email BHC

Post by Liza » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 am

Hello there... AM also waiting for my decision , I applied on 16th April , also sent them an email on this Monday but it's been four working days and they haven't replied me anything.

I see you applied from Hyd whereas I applied from Delhi but am sure reference number must be in a same format .
Could you plz help me, . Also they ask for 7 digit reference number ... Where would I find that ... I told them my reference number which I have got it from VFS but I think they want some different reference number not sure plz help.

Thanks
maroonedsoul wrote:Hi All,

I applied on April 27th from VFS Hyderabad. I wrote an email to the BHC Chennai asking for an update and they informed me that it is in the final stages and that they will let me know once a decision has been made.

So, I am thinking that they haven't made a decision, and I am wondering if anyone on this forum have any idea on how long it might take for me to hear anything back?

Thanks.

sk2912

Re: Regards to email BHC

Post by sk2912 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 am

Liza wrote:Hello there... AM also waiting for my decision , I applied on 16th April , also sent them an email on this Monday but it's been four working days and they haven't replied me anything.
Could you plz help me on their email address where you sent an email regarding your query . Also they ask for 7 digit reference number ... Where would I find that ... I told them my reference number which I have got it from VFS but I think they want some different reference number not sure plz help.

Thanks

Thanks.
I think the 7 digit number is your passport number excluding the first alphabet

Liza
Newly Registered

Post by Liza » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 am

In this case I had given them my passport number too...
sk2912 wrote:
Liza wrote:Hello there... AM also waiting for my decision , I applied on 16th April , also sent them an email on this Monday but it's been four working days and they haven't replied me anything.
Could you plz help me on their email address where you sent an email regarding your query . Also they ask for 7 digit reference number ... Where would I find that ... I told them my reference number which I have got it from VFS but I think they want some different reference number not sure plz help.

Thanks

Thanks.
I think the 7 digit number is your passport number excluding the first alphabet

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Liza,

Yeah, I gave them 3 numbers to track it.

1) Reference Number from VFS Status Tracking Page
2) My passport number including the alphabet
3) Application Number found on the application goes something like GWF12345678

Hope that helps. I hope you get a response soon.

I see you applied from Hyd whereas I applied from Delhi but am sure reference number must be in a same format .
Could you plz help me, . Also they ask for 7 digit reference number ... Where would I find that ... I told them my reference number which I have got it from VFS but I think they want some different reference number not sure plz help.

Thanks

Thanks.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:15 am

Guys you will get your applications back within a week, when that email was sent across to us, we got our application (unfortunately with a refusal) a week later. I hope you'll get your VISA.

Final stage = decision has been made and they are printing off the notice of decision or hopefully stamping your Passport with the VISA.

Liza
Newly Registered

Post by Liza » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks for the information @king2be98 and best of luck with your appeal if u making it.
king2be98 wrote:Guys you will get your applications back within a week, when that email was sent across to us, we got our application (unfortunately with a refusal) a week later. I hope you'll get your VISA.

Final stage = decision has been made and they are printing off the notice of decision or hopefully stamping your Passport with the VISA.

ranji82
United Kingdom

Re: when to travel after spousal visa issued

Post by ranji82 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Hey ash ,

You can stay up to 3 months before you travel to UK..that's why they granted visa for 27 months.

Ranjith.
ash8055 wrote:hi everyone

I just want to know that how long can i stay in my home country after my spousal visa has been issued without affecting the ILR which i will apply in the near future? i was granted my visa on the 18th of July 2012.

ash

ash8055
Newly Registered

Post by ash8055 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks Ranjith,

also want to find out if they ask any questions at the airport when you arrive UK.

ash

[quote="ranji82"]Hey ash ,

You can stay up to 3 months before you travel to UK..that's why they granted visa for 27 months.

Ranjith.

[quote="ash8055"]hi everyone

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Thanks for the info king2be98.

I really hope that it is not a rejection for me! I hope you have won or will win the appeal. May I ask why they refused it?

Thanks again.
king2be98 wrote:Guys you will get your applications back within a week, when that email was sent across to us, we got our application (unfortunately with a refusal) a week later. I hope you'll get your VISA.

nitas
Newly Registered

Re: GREAT SERVICE!

Post by nitas » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi

I too was one of the lucky ones :D :D

My husband had applied for a Spouse Visa from Mumbai North on 14/05/2012. He received his visa today.

When I had read some of the reasons for rejection, I was worried about my husbands visa because we had forgotten to submit the Statement of Results for his KET exam. However, since we had submitted the original KET Certificate and the Statement of Entry we were hoping they would consider it it favorably. It looks like they did.

We are both so relieved. I pray that all those who are waiting for their visas or have appealed get their visas soon.

All the best to everyone and have a blessed life !!

Pubali wrote:Joined: 25 Jul 2012

Hi

I have been looking at this forum for some time and have come across loads of complaining, so thought I'd share a bit of good news to lighten the mood somewhat! :)

I applied for Settlement wife visa from Mumbai North May 7th.

Wasn't too happy that they took so long to give it to me, but pleasantly surprised that they called me on 20th July to say that because I hadn't given my original degree certificate, the officer was putting my application on hold till I got a UK NARIC certificate.

I was grateful they gave me the chance - and then she actually called back to say that she spoke to her superior, and they were totally satisfied with my English proficiency and she was stamping my visa in 5 to 10 minutes!

She sounded totally reasonable and fair - a complete contrast to all the reports I have been reading about on the forum. (To clarify - I'd given my original transcripts and I have done English Hons from Presidency College which is one of India's best - and I am an English writer - so that may have helped the case).

In any case - do not lose hope, it's not all like going into enemy camp here - there are a few good officers there and I guess I was lucky she went through my application.

I hope most of you are just as lucky!

Hope everyone gets the visa just as soon. :D :) :)

s & s

Post by s & s » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:48 am

hey skaur...called up AIT yest and found out that they working on appeals recieved on 11th july..we hve sent them an email as well anyways..Any update from your side?? did you recieve any letter or summat?

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 pm

@ash,

max u shld stay in ur home country is 3 months before u fly to uk.... coz visa is for 27 months and for ILR, u shld have stayed in UK for at 24 months out of 27... dats why a leverage is given of 3 months in case u wanna go for a holiday outside uk, so these 3 months will cover that period.. ideally u shld come to uk after visa issuance asap....
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

ranji82
United Kingdom

Updates pls ...

Post by ranji82 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Any one got response last 3 days .. I applied on 04th May from Hyderabad ..still waiting ..

Ranjith

nad

Settlement Visa..

Post by nad » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi my wife applied on 10th of May from HYD, no reply yet,
I've send them email as well but they haven't replied it ???

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi those who applied from Hyderabad,

I applied on April 27th from Hyd and when I sent them an email, they said that it is in the final stages of processing. So, if they are still working on applications from April 27th, I am guessing they will start finishing yours soon enough. So, perhaps you can hear anytime in the next two weeks!

I am hoping to get mine next week now. Tried calling them today but as always unhelpful and just said whats in the email is what they can tell me!

Patience is running out!

nad

Thanks,,

Post by nad » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi, Thanks mate.

nad

VFS

Post by nad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 am

Hi Guys,

I got a reply from VFS, they said the normal processing time is 60 working days for settlemet visa, my wife applied on 10th May from HYD,
InshAllah will be hearing some possitive news from them ver soon.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: VFS

Post by king2be98 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:31 am

nad wrote:I got a reply from VFS, they said the normal processing time is 60 working days for settlemet visa, my wife applied on 10th May from HYD,
InshAllah will be hearing some possitive news from them ver soon.
Don't go by their normal processing times, they are very inconsistent, prepare for a 4 month wait. Anything quicker is a bonus. They are taking a long time at the moment in South Asia unfortunately.

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:59 am

Happy to inform you that I got another reply from BHC, Chennai to my email saying that they have made a decision on my application and will be despatching my passport later on today.

Fingers crossed, I really hope I get it tomorrow (status hasn't changed as of yet) and that I will be granted a visa. Please send me all your best wishes!

The others should hear very soon! Good luck to all of us! :)

ranji82
United Kingdom

Post by ranji82 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:53 am

That's Great .. All the Best Buddy ... Eagerly waiting for Good news ... :)
maroonedsoul wrote:Happy to inform you that I got another reply from BHC, Chennai to my email saying that they have made a decision on my application and will be despatching my passport later on today.

Fingers crossed, I really hope I get it tomorrow (status hasn't changed as of yet) and that I will be granted a visa. Please send me all your best wishes!

The others should hear very soon! Good luck to all of us! :)