ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amz786
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by amz786 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 am

sajjaduk wrote:My Call With UKVI

Thought I would share the experience I've had today with ukvi call centre Manager ...
In regards to status updates the reason why alot of us are getting an update when requested of no current updates or like some are getting record not found/submitted recently is because after 3 weeks the status is taken off the systems.
You must be thinking like I was that 3 weeks but in our cases it's been months!!! I got the manager to elaborate on this and he said 3 weeks as in when it starts getting actioned so that would mean they've already started pre assessment blah blah.
When the above happens they require the applicants to escalate the case to get an update and this is normal during this phase .
So basically the bulls**t we get in our email updates is lies in most cases and the only valid emails are from bhc saying received, processed or in some cases delayed and additional documents.
So for anyone who wants an update and is on week 8 roughly I would suggest when emailing just to request escalation for update.
££££ money for once well spent ££££
@sajjaduk

I applied for my Mrs visa on the 22 May and I emailed like 4 weeks after submission, however the reply I received then was " the application is yet to be seen by an ECO". Yesterday I emailed again to check the status on the application and I received an email with "No updates/ Not found" status. From what you are saying can we assume that the application is in it's initial stages of online assessment? and if that is the case then are we looking for a decision to be made this month or early August?

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:33 am

AHMED91 wrote:

Thought I would share the experience I've had today with ukvi call centre Manager ...
In regards to status updates the reason why alot of us are getting an update when requested of no current updates or like some are getting record not found/submitted recently is because after 3 weeks the status is taken off the systems.
You must be thinking like I was that 3 weeks but in our cases it's been months!!! I got the manager to elaborate on this and he said 3 weeks as in when it starts getting actioned so that would mean they've already started pre assessment blah blah.
When the above happens they require the applicants to escalate the case to get an update and this is normal during this phase .
So basically the bulls**t we get in our email updates is lies in most cases and the only valid emails are from bhc saying received, processed or in some cases delayed and additional documents.
So for anyone who wants an update and is on week 8 roughly I would suggest when emailing just to request escalation for update.
Salams, can you please elaborate a bit on where the 3 week period starts from? Slightly confused
What they mean by the 3 week period is that it is when they have started to deal with the case pre assessment etc
Usually this takes place on 3rd week but in pakistan this happens approx 6th week onwards due to heavy work load
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:34 am

I wouldn't be able to say myself ... it's possible ... as far as I've been told by the manager at ukvi the statuses are deleted once the pre assessment starts on they so called 3 week scale but as far to my knowledge this happens in pakistan approx week 6 in other countries 3rd week onwards

amz786 wrote:

@sajjaduk

I applied for my Mrs visa on the 22 May and I emailed like 4 weeks after submission, however the reply I received then was " the application is yet to be seen by an ECO". Yesterday I emailed again to check the status on the application and I received an email with "No updates/ Not found" status. From what you are saying can we assume that the application is in it's initial stages of online assessment? and if that is the case then are we looking for a decision to be made this month or early August?

S.y.h

Post by S.y.h » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:00 am

So has anyone who applied online after 6 April, meaning with the NHS surcharge received their visa yet? I was hoping to hear the good news today but another day gone. Hopefully on Monday...

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:20 am

talha khalid wrote:Message and email received ready for collection

Will collect on monday as due to ramazan timing is till 1pm on Friday.
What's your timline??
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

asif_sharif
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by asif_sharif » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:11 pm

21st july my 12 weeks will be up hope i hear something
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:16 pm

I think everyone needs to b patient they do say can take up to 24 weeks it's not always 12 my first application took 22 weeks 2nd application took 10 weeks around this time it takes longer as there are other people applying for student,visit etc

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:22 pm

asif_sharif wrote:21st july my 12 weeks will be up hope i hear something
With myself a week after yourself 29th July
And they are atm meeting 12 weeks unless there are delays
They mailed me saying 12 weeks so expect them to stick to it unless they had said 24 which they never did :)

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:54 pm

sajjaduk wrote:I wouldn't be able to say myself ... it's possible ... as far as I've been told by the manager at ukvi the statuses are deleted once the pre assessment starts on they so called 3 week scale but as far to my knowledge this happens in pakistan approx week 6 in other countries 3rd week onwards

amz786 wrote:

additional documents.
so is it mean tht from 6 july they well do this pre assessment etc in 3 weeks?? as the documents will be in sheiffeld
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:05 pm

No @pharaa well it's possible when it gets to sheffield in Shaa Allah
But with my post it was talking about the mess ukvi have made out of the tracking facility

rafari
Newly Registered

Post by rafari » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:41 pm

A question from forum members,
Does it matter if wife though changes her marital status but retains her father's name as her sir name in CNIC and passport? Will it have any negative implications in future in uk?

A second question: does everyone travelling to uk on spouse visa needs Nadra's overseas card?

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:53 pm

rafari wrote:A question from forum members,
Does it matter if wife though changes her marital status but retains her father's name as her sir name in CNIC and passport? Will it have any negative implications in future in uk?

A second question: does everyone travelling to uk on spouse visa needs Nadra's overseas card?

can only answer no.2 and the answer is no as they r Pakistani nationals and overseas card is for anyone who doesn't live in Pakistan and wishes to travel there, it works like a visa for them

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Hello all,
My wife went to collect her passport today an unfortunately the application is refused based on her English language A1 certificate which they says they could t verify the details. I am also posting the page on ECO refusal wording. Any advice and suggestion will be appreciated.
Khan
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (365.12 KiB) Viewed 1055 times

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi I called up UKVI regarding the changes taking place as of Monday, all paperwork should be submitted to Sheffield via post.

I wanted to know if this would include the spouse paperwork e.g tb certificate. If that was the case spouses from Pak would have to send all infor to the UK sponser.

I was told that basically I submit my paperwork here in the UK & my spouse has to submit his information or paperwork in Pakistan.

I wanted to clarify this as the on the website https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan. All paperwork has to submitted in the UK, but it does not really make clear about spouses paperwork.

But it's made it a bit more clear now.

Has anyone else contacted them regarding this?

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:40 pm

khan_81 wrote:Hello all,
My wife went to collect her passport today an unfortunately the application is refused based on her English language A1 certificate which they says they could t verify the details. I am also posting the page on ECO refusal wording. Any advice and suggestion will be appreciated.
Khan
I would suggest first speaking to the centre where she sat her exam to see what's going on ... sounds like when they did checks the details didn't match your wife's strangely and also give the awarding body a call and confirm
If there is any issue resolve it and then appeal as the review wouldn't take long as it is such a minor issue and there doesn't seem to be any other

Or you can submit fresh but 1st resolve this issue with the details with the exam board

zoopla
Newly Registered

Post by zoopla » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:40 pm

Khan
From what it reads the details you provided don't match with that held in their system and that you provided false information (intentionally or unintentionally). Have you had a look at the actual certificate? Does it state she did it and all of her details match? Did you spouse take a legitimate examination?

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:42 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:

can only answer no.2 and the answer is no as they r Pakistani nationals and overseas card is for anyone who doesn't live in Pakistan and wishes to travel there, it works like a visa for them
Question 1
No it doesn't matter and it's personal choice she can retain her fathers name on both cnic and passport
When they are due for renewal it will just mention on the card husbands full name instead where atm it would say fathers name but your spouses full name will remain the same unless request of change is made

nasir631

Post by nasir631 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Khan
I am really sorry to hear your wife visa refusual. Could you please tell us what cambridge A1 exam she has passed. Is is computer based exam or paper based? If it was computer based then did she provide her cambridge candidate number and secret key to them at the time of application submssion? I believe they use this information to verify the result from cambridge online portal.
I am not sure how do they verify the paper based test.
Thanks,
Nasir

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:52 pm

lishah121 wrote:Hi I called up UKVI regarding the changes taking place as of Monday, all paperwork should be submitted to Sheffield via post.

I wanted to know if this would include the spouse paperwork e.g tb certificate. If that was the case spouses from Pak would have to send all infor to the UK sponser.

I was told that basically I submit my paperwork here in the UK & my spouse has to submit his information or paperwork in Pakistan.

I wanted to clarify this as the on the website https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan. All paperwork has to submitted in the UK, but it does not really make clear about spouses paperwork.

But it's made it a bit more clear now.

Has anyone else contacted them regarding this?
EVERYTHING expect Pakistani passport has to be submitted in UK so all supporting documents, TB test, English etc, your spouse in Pakistan would need to send these over to u, and same as before u select bio-metric appointment when submitting application form online and go and enroll bio metrics and hand in just the passport. it says on the link if you do hand in documents at UK embassy in Pakistan they would send them over to Sheffield but i'm sure the people there will tell u to send it to UK to your spouse

hope this helps

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

rafari
Newly Registered

Post by rafari » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:30 pm

sajjaduk wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:

Question 1
No it doesn't matter and it's personal choice she can retain her fathers name on both cnic and passport
When they are due for renewal it will just mention on the card husbands full name instead where atm it would say fathers name but your spouses full name will remain the same unless request of change is made
So you mean, it won't go without changing wife's sir name? What if I don't change it ever and go for FLR and ILR with same name? Is there any official hinderance?

Brom

Post by Brom » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:32 pm

sajjaduk wrote:
Khan
I would suggest first speaking to the centre where she sat her exam to see what's going on ... sounds like when they did checks the details didn't match your wife's strangely and also give the awarding body a call and confirm
If there is any issue resolve it and then appeal as the review wouldn't take long as it is such a minor issue and there doesn't seem to be any other

Or you can submit fresh but 1st resolve this issue with the details with the exam board
Best advice I agree too you should take the following step and once everything is confirmed by the examination body request an additional letter (explain the situation what you been throug) then appeal it as Sajad said its a minor issue and a waste of time anyways good luck I ll make dua for u succeed bro
1st application refused in jan 12/11/2014
2nd online application 14/04/15
2nd application submitted islamabad 22/04/15
Delayed email - 27/08/2015
Processed on update email 18/09/15
Official processed email - 28/09/15
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:01 pm

@rafari

No hindrance at all
It down to personal choice if one wants to keep their maiden name or change to marriage name

Zainykhal

Post by Zainykhal » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi, Here's my timeline

Applied 2nd Time
Online Application: 12 June 2015
Documents Submitted ( Islamabad ): 19 June 2015
Waiting.....

Asad1232009

Post by Asad1232009 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:17 pm

hi is there anyway i can change my wife dob on her nadra card/passport shes 18 but her dob is wrong so is there any way i can change?

lishah121

Post by lishah121 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Do u get the date for biometrics wen u do ur online application?

And when u go for ur biometrics is that when you spouse has to submit his passport?

Thanks