ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Tuner wrote:
WantToBeIrish wrote:I applied for Naturalization in May 2007, Is anyone got citizenship from similar period. I wrote them twice regarding inquiry about my application.

-)
A few friends of my did who applied in May and June 2007, but after that July-November 2007 its a DEAD silence, not even 1. But strangely a few ones who applied in 2008 DID received citizenship, ordinary circumstances that is 5y working in Ireland, not refugees, not spouses etc. We have a big forum of us Russians here in Ireland, in the Russ language though.
Anyone on this forum knows those lucky ones who applied in July-November 2007 ???
A friend of mine who applied in Oct 07 got approved in Mar/Apr 09 - 5 years on Work-permit - another lottery winner. this fella was not asked for additional docs but sent it anyway & INIS replied asking for more docs & Presto!! one fine day he got approved..For some the Naturalization process has become something like missing the Goddamn flight that went down the Atlantic ! & for the rest of us, we're dead in the waters without our lifejackets.

Plastic_paddy
Newly Registered

Post by Plastic_paddy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:36 pm

So no need to renew once the docs are sent off? Even if it means the GNIB will expire before the certificate is received?

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Thanks to everyone for all the congratulations and birthday wishes! They're much appreciated. I've got my fingers crossed for everyone still left waiting.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Congrats to sidehowsue and jbmike.. well done.
it means they are still working down there at tipp. :D

godspower
Newly Registered

Post by godspower » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:47 am

nanette wrote:While the government say that this is a privilege, they must believe that we are stupid too....?

The Waiting for Outside Agencies (WFOA) must be an ***internal thing*** to INIS and nothing to do with Garda nor the Social Welfare....because:

1. I would expect the WFOA to be long as well for refugees
2. I would expect the WFOA to be long as well for spouses of Irish Citizen

The minister says the need to do the ***necessary checks***, so why would those necessary checks be less important (DONE QUICKER) for refugees and spouses rather complicated for regular naturilisations ???

Refugees and spouses may claim social welfare or have a criminal offence at the same level as a regular person seeking naturilisations...It bugs me to the core to see how stupid these people are...

This whole WFOA is a BS, they do have this information quickly...It is their policies to mentally delay everything when they think it is necessary....Nothing else.

I would not be surprised to see the 2007 begining receiving their citizenship in 2010.

I am never calling anymore. Sick of this crap

This is it !
Nana
I know it could be frustrating waiting for such a long time but please be a bit gentle on them :) . Please we should not use words like stupid when describing the staffs etc. Thanks

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:08 am

EBS wrote:Any news from "LONG WAITING GUYS" - cnu, YMC, HSE, Immigrant 123....??? Thanks
Tried to call yesterday, but miserably failed after trying for more than an hour. Sweet nescience for now. Congrats to all the recently approved thou!

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:19 pm

another_immigrant wrote:
astraclub wrote:Hi All
I got my natural cert today, I took oath on 14th and got acknowledgement last week and a cert today.
wow!
Got passport form and filling now,
hmm long term birth cert, i gues i will use the affidavit form as done in naturalization.
One of my friend send this with passport express and instead of sending passport they asked for long term birth cert, he got delayed as long term birth cert or affidavit is needed,
just FYI folks

show me the jobs in UK now :-) :-)

Congrat.s Astraclub... Just one question about the pass application. Are you sure the birth affidavit will be enough ??? I was told in another forum that they require the birth certificate not the affidavit.... Please let us know. regards, A_I
Apology for late replying folks, I was sick for the last 3 weeks. Yes i got my passport with the affidavit itself. The affidavit i had was signed by local solicitor, the form for the birth affidavit is on justice website.

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:54 pm

OK, Here is one more good news,
I had applied for my wife in July2006.
We rang on Tuesday at 12 but were in que till 12:40 and hanged up,
She was asked for my P21, marriage, birth affidavit back in Oct08, we sent it but they filed it in my application, anyway, they asked us again in feb and we finally sent in April and got acknowledge that the documents received on 26th May, we did not ring INIS since than becuase i alrady got my citizensship in May so i was taking it lightly.
Just today, We got a letter (normal post) that her application has been approved :-) :D :D :D so, we both got Irish citizenship now,
I applied Jan2006-got citizenship-May2009-Cert arrived June09, Passport received July09.
My wife applied-June2006, got citizenship today-
I rang to book court and found out that all district courts get closed in month of August :shock: :shock: :shock: . Anyway booked apointment for 10 September.
Just last night, i get her stamp4 converted to 4EU FAM but i guess that is no use now, I also aplied to british embassy online for EEA permit and have apointment for 21st August but i think i will give it a miss now :D
So one more name ticked off from 2006 list,

Good luck to all folks who are waiting.
Rgds
AC

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:59 pm

astraclub wrote:OK, Here is one more good news,
She was asked for my P21, marriage, birth affidavit back in Oct08, we sent it but they filed it in my application, anyway, they asked us again in feb and we finally sent in April and got acknowledge that the documents received on 26th May, we did not ring INIS since than becuase i alrady got my citizensship in May so i was taking it lightly.
Just today, We got a letter (normal post) that her application has been approved :-) :D :D :D so, we both got Irish citizenship now,
I applied Jan2006-got citizenship-May2009-Cert arrived June09, Passport received July09.
I rang to book court and found out that all district courts get closed in month of August :shock: :shock: :shock: . Anyway booked apointment for 10 September.

Just last night, i get her stamp4 converted to 4EU FAM but i guess that is no use now, I also aplied to british embassy online for EEA permit and have apointment for 21st August but i think i will give it a miss now :D

Rgds
AC
Conrats thats brilliant news.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Rgds
AC
Happy days! Congratulations!

EBS

Post by EBS » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:12 pm

Rgds
AC
Astraclub, do you mind me asking, can non-EU spouse of Irish Citizen apply for EEA Permit to travel to UK without conditions.
Thanks

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:32 pm

[/quote]

Astraclub, do you mind me asking, what does EEA Permit mean?[/quote]

FAMILY EEA permit is for Non-EU family member for entry to UK.
For example, i have irish passport and my wife had indian passport, We could go to Uk for visit but had to apply for visa (free of course for EU natinal) but all the hassle of applying and submitting the papers.

with Family EEA permit, you get a cert from British Embassy that not only you can visit UK anytime but also can live there and work of course with your non-em members.

Since I already have irish passport and she is going to get her irish passport sometime on OCTOBER 1st week, I am not thinking of going to UK embassy now,
Last edited by astraclub on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:34 pm

Congratulations sideshowsue, jhbmike and astra club. Enjoy the hard earned but well deserved status.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Great news astraclub. Congratulations. You and your wife will no doubt be relieved now.

crown

Post by crown » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:15 am

jhbmike wrote:With this being my 100th psot on this forum I thought id make it a good one. Just got back from the British embassy to collecct my passport with visa. On my return home there was the traditional brown envelope from INIS waiting for me, it was bulkier than usual, my heart started pounding, "could this be it" I thought. Finally it had come, my approval letter.

Michael
Congrats
Nice to know the queue is moving one way or the other

room1102

Minster Decision

Post by room1102 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:12 pm

I spoke to INIS today. The lady over the phone told me that my file is going to the Minster Office for decision within a month and she told me that I should hear from them within 2 months.

Here is my timeline

- Applied in March 2005 based on 5 years work permit
- Application sent back to me because declaration form done incorrectly
- Resubmitted my application in May 2007.
- My long term residency status has been granted by INIS in Nov 2008
- Never heard from them until May this year from INIS.
- Looking for additional documents (P21, payslips and bank statement) in May 2009
- I phoned INIS in May 2009. The lovely lady told me over the phone that all my garda and social welfare report came back and looks fine.
- I was out of the country last year due to family reason. My father is ill and I have to go home. I had the hospital wrote a letter to INIS and I submitted the letter with all my financial statement showing that I can support myself when I am back to Ireland next month. I submitted this in June 2009.
- I spoke to INIS today and the lady told me that INIS is sending my application Minister Office for decision and I should hear from them within 2 months.

Does anyone know if I am going to get reject because I was absence from Ireland or not? I had never claimed social benefits or get into trouble or getting speeding fine. Will they reject me base on my absence from Ireland.

Thx

sideshowsue

Re: Minster Decision

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:32 pm

room1102 wrote:I spoke to INIS today. The lady over the phone told me that my file is going to the Minster Office for decision within a month and she told me that I should hear from them within 2 months.

Here is my timeline

- Applied in March 2005 based on 5 years work permit
- Application sent back to me because declaration form done incorrectly
- Resubmitted my application in May 2007.
- My long term residency status has been granted by INIS in Nov 2008
- Never heard from them until May this year from INIS.
- Looking for additional documents (P21, payslips and bank statement) in May 2009
- I phoned INIS in May 2009. The lovely lady told me over the phone that all my garda and social welfare report came back and looks fine.
- I was out of the country last year due to family reason. My father is ill and I have to go home. I had the hospital wrote a letter to INIS and I submitted the letter with all my financial statement showing that I can support myself when I am back to Ireland next month. I submitted this in June 2009.
- I spoke to INIS today and the lady told me that INIS is sending my application Minister Office for decision and I should hear from them within 2 months.

Does anyone know if I am going to get reject because I was absence from Ireland or not? I had never claimed social benefits or get into trouble or getting speeding fine. Will they reject me base on my absence from Ireland.

Thx
I'm sorry to hear that your father is unwell. I hope he is now on the mend.

I think that you should be fine--I get the impression that an application's submission to the minister is largely a formality. If they've accepted the application, requested further documentation and received clean reports from 'Outside Agencies', the last stage--the minister's approval--seems to be more a rubber-stamping procedure than a hurdle to be overcome

I'm not in a position to know for certain, but if your application has gotten this far, it's likely to be looked upon favourably.

zzz

Re: Minster Decision

Post by zzz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 pm

room1102 wrote:I spoke to INIS today. The lady over the phone told me that my file is going to the Minster Office for decision within a month and she told me that I should hear from them within 2 months.
not to disappoint you, but you may have misread her answer - it might well be "do not bother to call us for the next two month".

my file is in "ready to go to minister" state since mid May ... still sitting on a shelf :(

applied Nov 2006
docs requested Dec 2008

(I have to admit , the lady on a phone has a nice voice indeed ... very convincing :) )

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 pm

anyone here got 2 points for speeding and got naturalisation approval? or other way... got denied?

just wondering...

seldam
Newly Registered

Post by seldam » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:40 pm

smalltime wrote:anyone here got 2 points for speeding and got naturalisation approval? or other way... got denied?

just wondering...
I got my naturalisation approval in June and I have 2 penalty points for speeding. Speeding tickets aren't consisdered criminal offences so will not spoil your appl. Drink driving would as this is a criminal offense

luha
Newly Registered

Post by luha » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:47 pm

After 34 months of waiting , finally received approval today

applied October 2006
additional documents required in October 08
Approved August 09

First available date in Dolphin House 21/01/2010

Does anybody know any other Court, anywhere in Ireland that I can make an appointment with and not to wait for another 5-6 months?

When I rang last time INIS (end of June) lady told me they were realy determined to finish with 06 applications (seems they are)

Best of luck to you all

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm

luha wrote:After 34 months of waiting , finally received approval today

applied October 2006
additional documents required in October 08
Approved August 09

First available date in Dolphin House 21/01/2010

Does anybody know any other Court, anywhere in Ireland that I can make an appointment with and not to wait for another 5-6 months?

When I rang last time INIS (end of June) lady told me they were realy determined to finish with 06 applications (seems they are)

Best of luck to you all
Congratulations, luha!

INIS does indeed seem to be determined to clear the 2006 backlog. It's about time, too!

hussie
Newly Registered

Dublin court alternatives:

Post by hussie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Luha

I'm in the same boat. Called a few months ago and could only get October in Dolphin house. I'd almost recommend the Dubliners to call before you get the letter and book the court. Worse thing that can happen is you need to cancel the court again :)

Here's the following courts who wouldn't take me (said I need to go to Dublin court):
Dun Loghaire, Bray, Naas, Trim, Drogheda, Dundalk

The ones within 100Km which I didn't try are:
Mullingar (+ 353 44 934 8364)
Carlow (+ 353 59 913 1225)
Portlaoise (+ 353 57 862 1158)

People recommended (I haven't tried):
Athlone (+ 353 90 649 2271) and
Donegal (+ 353 74 972 1532) too.

Let me know if you have any success

luha
Newly Registered

Re: Dublin court alternatives:

Post by luha » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:24 pm

hussie wrote:Hi Luha

I'm in the same boat. Called a few months ago and could only get October in Dolphin house. I'd almost recommend the Dubliners to call before you get the letter and book the court. Worse thing that can happen is you need to cancel the court again :)

Here's the following courts who wouldn't take me (said I need to go to Dublin court):
Dun Loghaire, Bray, Naas, Trim, Drogheda, Dundalk

The ones within 100Km which I didn't try are:
Mullingar (+ 353 44 934 8364)
Carlow (+ 353 59 913 1225)
Portlaoise (+ 353 57 862 1158)

People recommended (I haven't tried):
Athlone (+ 353 90 649 2271) and
Donegal (+ 353 74 972 1532) too.

Let me know if you have any success

Thanks a million hussie for your advice and all those phone numbers. I've tried Athlone and the next available date is 06/11/09. In Donegal they said it would really depend of the judge if he wants to accept me (they usually do, but can not guarantee) and I was offered 28/09/09. I'll take my chance and go to Donegal

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:45 pm

In Cork City, where I live and took my oath, you just turn up at 9.30 any Monday morning and they take you in. No need to make an appointment.

The snag may be the address on your yellow form. Phone the District Court and ask you may be lucky. Failing that you could always try telling them that you moved to Cork a few months ago and haven't changed your address with the INIS.

Give them an address in my estate: 6 Glencairn, Glanmire, Co. Cork.

Good luck