ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jrge

Post by jrge » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:54 am

Hi y'all...!

I sent my EEA2 and my wife's EEA1 on December 8th, and UKBA received them on December 9th.

Today, December 29th I've received my COA dated December 21st.
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

blurcita7
Newly Registered

immigration status, passport, questions...

Post by blurcita7 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Dear all,

I have so many questions and I'd really appreciate some answers if someone has them :) My student visa is about to expire at the end of January and my partner and I decided to apply for a EEA2.
However, situation is complex: I was married before coming to the UK but my ex-husband refused to move here as originally planned. As a result the relationship was over by 2007. However, legally we were still married as I did not travel to my country of origin until last year and then we were able to get a divorce (it was compulsory for me to be there in person to sign the divorce).
Meanwhile, I started a relationship here, and we got engaged last May. We have been living together since January 2009. My exhusband in fact wrote me a letter confirming that the marriage has been over for long time.
Sorry about being lenghty..questions then:

1. Can the official divorce date be a problem in the application? I.e. divorced since 1 year and 1 month, despite living together in my new relationship for two years. Can HO refuse my application based on this?

2. Can we get our passports back during the application process without stopping the application? Is it possible to travel abroad while waiting?

3. What would be my immigration status while I am waiting for a desicion?

Many thanks in advance

tracked1
Newly Registered

Post by tracked1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:49 am

Hi Everyone,

EEA Application - Durable Relationship with a Hungarian National and Australian

Submitted EEA FP (From Australia): Submitted 22nd September - Processed and returned within 10 days

Submitted EEA1 and EEA2 Applications (from UK) - 19th November 2011
Received EEA1 Visa and COA for EEA2 - 8th December 2011
Requested Passport back for Work Travel - 19th December
EEA2 Visa Processed and all documents returned - 28th December 2011 (Letter was dated 22nd December)

Record time!

bnymnklft
Newly Registered

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Post by bnymnklft » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Hello guys

I have got couple of questions. I hope somebody can help me... I am student and married with my italian wife, we will apply for eea2 my student visa is gonna expire end of jan. my wife doesnt work . she is self sufficent she has got europen medical card so i think we dont need a comprehensive sickness insurance ( if i m wrong, please correct me..) I do not want to apply with a solicitors therefore i will apply by myself.

I am not so sure about supporting documents.
my wife has not got bank account but she always transfer money to my account so i can prove that by showing my banks statements and she has got papers from the bank in italy to prove that she has got enough money i think these are enough to prove financial issues. right?

except from that what kind of documents should i include?
I listed documents i prepared so far;
>my flat rent contract
>my bank account statements
>My wife bank details from italy ( I think we need to translate them)
>tv and internet bills for her name
>water and gas bills on my name
> my NHS card ( i m not working, i m just full time student)
> paper from my school that i m student
> photographs
> application form

Except from these can anyone please help me what to include on my application?

I really need help, I will be happy if you can help me..

Thank you very much to everybdoy

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

SICKNESS INSURANCE

Post by nonspecifics » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 am

To bnymnklft

This topic is for discussing the the time taken for EEA2 applications to be processed.

You should have opened a new topic.

Nevertheless, for self-sufficient applicants to be regarded as self-sufficient, their comprehensive sickness insurance must cover not only themselves but also " all family members" i.e. you too.

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:08 am

My husband is still awating for his passport and EE2 but I have a question though.
If we were to request his passport back for travel purposes, and go to France per say, would he be allowed back in the UK with his COA letter?

Regards
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

sanson
Newly Registered

Post by sanson » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi All,

I have been over 4 months waiting for my RC. I cannot tell you how frustrated/annoyed I am.

Can anyone who applied last year tell me if their process is taking as long as mine? Any advice? From what I have seen in this forum and recent experiences from friends, more than 4 months is way too long.

My time line so far:

- Application sent on 19th August 2011
- Application received by HO on 21st August 2011
- COA received on 1st October 2011 (dated on 27th September 2011) after submitting a complaint over the phone.
- RC received: ?????

I am married to EEA (Spanish) who has been working in the UK for 19 months.

Thanks for the support

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Sanson:

Have you called them asking for the status of your application? Some people on this forum have done so. And even though they may only give you a standard answer, I think it will make them aware that you are on top of this and that an answer is needed.

Perhaps someone else here can assist you further.
Laroccamom

biza
Newly Registered

Please help!

Post by biza » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I am married to an EEA national, we got married in 2010.
I currently have a 5 yr residence card issued Jan 2011.

Sincerely, I am no longer happy in my marriage. My hubby drinks excessively,
Always gets home drunk. Worse he fights everytime and gets arrested and locked up for sometimes 1 or 2 or 4 weeks. Talks and usually threatens me when drunk. Now for how long can I keep up with this.

I have tried my best but he just has no intention to change.

I am thinking to get a divorce.
What happens to my status when this happens?

I am happy with some other guy now(He currently holds Indefinite Leave to Remain but in the process of applying for citizenship)
We really both want to get married after my divorce.

Please advise me on the complications. If I divorce my current husband who is
An EEA national and marry someone whith ILR.

I am a non-EEA but hold 5 yr residency

Can I marry in this country if I divorce my husband?
If yes. What happens to my current status(5 yr resident Card)?
Do I have to reapply for a different type of visa?

I really want to get a divorce , but want to know the implications and the best way to go about it.

I appreciate every comment. Help a sad woman!
[/u]

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:24 pm

i asked for my passport return , and i got it without residence card! there is a letter which says family members of an EEA who are not EEA wishing to return to UK should apply for an EEA family permit at a british diplomatic post abroad before returning to this country!
DOES this mean my application is still being processed and i will receive my RC soon OR my application is cancelled?? and i have to apply from back home?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:40 pm

chokedup wrote:i asked for my passport return , and i got it without residence card! there is a letter which says family members of an EEA who are not EEA wishing to return to UK should apply for an EEA family permit at a british diplomatic post abroad before returning to this country!
DOES this mean my application is still being processed and i will receive my RC soon OR my application is cancelled?? and i have to apply from back home?
The application is still valid. Once a decision is made, the HO will either request the passport back or issue the RC on a piece of paper.

If you travel, you can enter the UK using the CoA. However, if you are a visa national, you will need to apply for a EEA Family Permit as airlines will not let you board with just the CoA.

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:57 pm

[/quote]
The application is still valid. Once a decision is made, the HO will either request the passport back or issue the RC on a piece of paper.

If you travel, you can enter the UK using the CoA. However, if you are a visa national, you will need to apply for a EEA Family Permit as airlines will not let you board with just the CoA.[/quote]
thanks, my application is already been 5 months, do you think there is a possibility RC will be issued soon... i need to travel next month

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:26 pm

chokedup wrote:

If you travel, you can enter the UK using the CoA. However, if you are a visa national, you will need to apply for a EEA Family Permit as airlines will not let you board with just the CoA.
thanks, my application is already been 5 months, do you think there is a possibility RC will be issued soon... i need to travel next month
No idea. My guess is good as yours. On what basis did you apply for RC? Any immigration history which will make the HO to examine your case more?
They should issue the RC within 6 months and have improved a lot compared to previous years in meeting this.

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 pm

No idea. My guess is good as yours. On what basis did you apply for RC? Any immigration history which will make the HO to examine your case more?
They should issue the RC within 6 months and have improved a lot compared to previous years in meeting this.
i applied for eea2 , i am married to lithuanian, i am pakistani, i think its due to my nationality they are taking so long!

sanson
Newly Registered

Post by sanson » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm

[quote="LAROCCAMOM"]Sanson:

Have you called them asking for the status of your application? Some people on this forum have done so. And even though they may only give you a standard answer, I think it will make them aware that you are on top of this and that an answer is needed.

Perhaps someone else here can assist you further.[/quote]

Yes, I have called twice since I received my COA but they refuse to give any information before the sixth month...

Do you think that the fact that I applied myself instead of hiring a lawyer is the reason of my application taking so long?

-----------------------------------------------------------
sanson

- EEA2 sent 19/08/2011
- Received by HO on 21/08/2011
- COA received 01/10/2011
- RC received: ....?

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 am

Not at all. As far as I've seen so far the number one factor would be the nationality of the applicant.
Laroccamom

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 am

hello every one
I am married to EEA national she is working here in UK since 2006, we applied for EEA3-PR (for my wife) and EEA2-RC (for me) together on 12th Dec , received by HO on 13 Dec , I received COA on 9 Jan.
how long it will take to decide EEA3-PR of my wife ?
i know for EEA2-RC it will take more then 3 months but i was expecting EEA3-PR of my wife along with my COA.

Ikonkar
India

Re: COA

Post by Ikonkar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Ikonkar wrote:Hi guys,

Just wanted to update you regarding my EE2 residence application.......

Application sent:09/11/2011
HO received :10/11/2011
COA issued (permission to work): 06/12/2011
COA received :10/12/2011
Waiting for RC...... :/

I'm married to an eu national (she's in full time employment). I was just wondering can HO refuse my application because I was or I still am an overstayer??...... or once the COA has been issued it's all plane sailing from now!!!.........

Thanks in advance for your replies....

God Bless
PEOPLE.................................................LUCK FRIDAY THE 13th for me!!!!

Got my RC today I'm ever so happy. My history as above. Below are the timelines.
Application sent:09/11/2011
HO received :10/11/2011
COA issued (permission to work): 06/12/2011
COA received :10/12/2011
Requested passports: 03/01/2012 - via email. Followed up with a phone call on the 10/01/2012.
RC Issued: 05/01/2012
RC Received: 13/01/2012 (I enclosed a big special delivery PP envelope at the time of my application).

Applied without help of solicitors, but I give credits to all the members on this forum for a great support!! It did work for me. I wrote all the covering letters/emails my self and was pretty confident about the decision.

Even the chased up email I sent was perfectly done by me, but again credit goes to the almighty GOD & the supporting members of this forum.

Thanks, Good Luck to all, & GOD BLESS.

IKonkar

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Congrats all The best. I guess they started working on applications sent in nov.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Azhaar wrote:Congrats all The best. I guess they started working on applications sent in nov.
Guys sent out my eea 2 application on the 19th of December, Both married and working in the UK

Received my COA yesterday , friday the 13th of all days

it was issued 10th of jan

so its another 3 months of waiting i hope

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Congratulations both. Hopefully the RC will be received very quickly as well.
Laroccamom

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:39 pm

LAROCCAMOM wrote:Congratulations both. Hopefully the RC will be received very quickly as well.
I hope so but Im a sudaneese national, so realistically speaking I really dont expect it anytime before end of april

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 am

Hi guys, I am new in here ! and I find this topic very interesting . My experience is that, I submitted my EEA2 application under Zambrano ruling with my solicitor in november, my wife she is british citizen and my daughter she is british too , my wife she is working full time but she is on maternity leave just now,
Last edited by justice12 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wiganer
Newly Registered

my Timeline

Post by Wiganer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Hello,

HO received my EEA2 Application on the 28 October 2011
I received the COA on the 18 Nov dated 15 Nov 2011
I sent them an email on 13/01/2012 to request my passport back, they reply today saying that my documents are already with their dispatch department.
Hopefully will receive it very soon.

megoizzy
Newly Registered

Post by megoizzy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I am so grateful for this board! I am currently trying to work my way through the 100+ pages of this EEA2 topic, but figured I would leave my info and ask a few questions while I do so. I'm very sorry if these have already been covered before!

I am a US national married to an EEA (Irish) national. He is working in the UK exercising his treaty rights (employed). We arrived to the UK last September together - myself on a Family Permit. Before that, we were resident together in the Czech Republic for 13 months, and prior, we were in the U.S.

We are now preparing to make the EEA2 application and I have a couple of questions.

1) Am I required to show evidence of private health insurance? I am not yet registered with the NHS and find it difficult to understand how that works.

2) Is it better for my husband to apply for the EEA1 at the same time? Does it make any difference if he does/doesn't apply?

3) If he does apply, should we fill out both the EEA1 and EEA2 forms and post them together in the same packet?

This is all very confusing but we are hopeful that our application will proceed and, thanks to all of your support and advice, are expecting things to go as smoothly as possible. What a pain this is!

Thanks!