ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:21 pm

adilr78 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:
adilr78 wrote:Salaam Guys,

I have been a silent reader for quite some time and this is my first post on here. You guys have been very informative and helpful towards each other, it's genuinely nice to see that amongst brothers and sisters.

I applied online on 2nd April. My wife's biometrics date was 16th April and we received an email confirmation that the case had been received at Islamabad on 20th April.

As of yet I have not heard anything back in regards to my application. Last Wednesday I chased for an update and asked if I could escalate my case, I was told that my case was in progress. I chased again on Friday as my 12 weeks are up but was then told that 'case decision has been been delayed pending further enquiries and checks'. Does anyone know what this means and what the next step is?

I was really hopeful of receiving my wife's visa before Eid. We have been married almost 3 years now, case was rejected twice before. Once in June 2014 and once in January 2015. Both times I used solicitors and both times I was misinformed.

You guys have been such a great deal of help to me and In Sha Allah you all get your visa's soon and be reunited with your loved ones.

Never lose hope.

Salam.
That's very unfortunate. What were the reasons for each refusal and are you using the same solicitor each time?

Wsalam,

my first application was rejected due to missing wage slips. I was being paid weekly at the time and there was a week period where I did not get paid due to being on leave from work. I was working at temp job at the time. My solicitor advised me that this would be fine, Looking back on it however, the case was shambles. Didn't have a job contract or letter of employment for that application.

Second application I used a different solicitor, at the time i was Contracting through my own limited company and my annual salary was 24k. However I only had 8 months wage slips and tax paid for them 8 months. Solicitor advised me that I should apply because technically i'm not self employed as I was working for another company at the time. This again was rejected because insufficient documents were supplied as I should have applied as self employed rather than employed by another company.

Alhamdulilah in October 2014 I received a permanent job, my annual salary is £19k with £1k bonus. I collected 6 months wage slips from there and applied again in april 2015. However since i have applied i have been given a pay rise, is this something that might cause a delay/concern with the ECO?

I submitted a 23 page job contract and a cover letter from my company stating how long I have been working there, what my job role is, my annual wage and that i'm in a perm position.
Inshallah this time u will get it , the mistakes before are such bad mistakes and I don't know what part of the brain the lawyer was using what an idiot but oh well everything happens for a reason
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:22 pm

adnan111 wrote:
zakikhan wrote:my housing inspection report was done on 17 june 2015...my wifes appointment is 29 july...even if i change that...its still about a month old...this 28 day rule...what docs does it apply to??
Get a new one, don't take any chances as they can find the silliest of reasons for refusing you. Much better than going to appeals or making new applications.
Yes defo

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

sairah23
Newly Registered

Post by sairah23 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:31 pm

adilr78 wrote:Salaam Guys,

I have been a silent reader for quite some time and this is my first post on here. You guys have been very informative and helpful towards each other, it's genuinely nice to see that amongst brothers and sisters.

I applied online on 2nd April. My wife's biometrics date was 16th April and we received an email confirmation that the case had been received at Islamabad on 20th April.

As of yet I have not heard anything back in regards to my application. Last Wednesday I chased for an update and asked if I could escalate my case, I was told that my case was in progress. I chased again on Friday as my 12 weeks are up but was then told that 'case decision has been been delayed pending further enquiries and checks'. Does anyone know what this means and what the next step is?

I was really hopeful of receiving my wife's visa before Eid. We have been married almost 3 years now, case was rejected twice before. Once in June 2014 and once in January 2015. Both times I used solicitors and both times I was misinformed.

You guys have been such a great deal of help to me and In Sha Allah you all get your visa's soon and be reunited with your loved ones.

Never lose hope.

Salam.
Salaam,

I also applied on 16th April and have had no reply.

I pray that we both hear soon, inshAllah.

Jazakumullah Khair

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Salam.[/quote]
That's very unfortunate. What were the reasons for each refusal and are you using the same solicitor each time?[/quote]

Wsalam,

my first application was rejected due to missing wage slips. I was being paid weekly at the time and there was a week period where I did not get paid due to being on leave from work. I was working at temp job at the time. My solicitor advised me that this would be fine, Looking back on it however, the case was shambles. Didn't have a job contract or letter of employment for that application.

Second application I used a different solicitor, at the time i was Contracting through my own limited company and my annual salary was 24k. However I only had 8 months wage slips and tax paid for them 8 months. Solicitor advised me that I should apply because technically i'm not self employed as I was working for another company at the time. This again was rejected because insufficient documents were supplied as I should have applied as self employed rather than employed by another company.

Alhamdulilah in October 2014 I received a permanent job, my annual salary is £19k with £1k bonus. I collected 6 months wage slips from there and applied again in april 2015. However since i have applied i have been given a pay rise, is this something that might cause a delay/concern with the ECO?

I submitted a 23 page job contract and a cover letter from my company stating how long I have been working there, what my job role is, my annual wage and that i'm in a perm position.[/quote]

Inshallah this time u will get it , the mistakes before are such bad mistakes and I don't know what part of the brain the lawyer was using what an idiot but oh well everything happens for a reason[/quote]

To be honest with you I think both times the solicitors were just after the money. Both times I was told to appeal but I rejected that notion as I didn't have a leg to stand on.

Really nervous about this application though. I felt I did everything right this time and took my time to get it all done. If it's rejected then it would break me. The further enquires/checks has just put me on edge now. Kinda wish I never emailed them to chase for an update and left them to it. Lol.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:36 pm

@adilr78

Don't worry whats done is done now, inshallah onwards and upwards if u r positive u tried your best this time then I really hope u get it, just have a little bit more patience just think the majority is over now

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Salam.[/quote]

Being delayed is not an issue so long as they visa comes through. Hopefully you will get a positive decision soon. If it will be delayed then they should email you otherwise expect decision soon. Email responses from them just seem to be aimed at keeping you shut for a while, but you could try to phone them up and will get a better idea.[/quote]

Thank you brother, I was thinking of giving them a phonecall tomorrow and asking for an update from them instead as judging by other posts email updates don't always be the same as the update you get over the phone.

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Salaam,

Jazakumullah Khair[/quote]

Wsalaam,

In Sha Allah sister.

Have you chased or been provided with an update yet?

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:49 pm

adilr78 wrote:

To be honest with you I think both times the solicitors were just after the money. Both times I was told to appeal but I rejected that notion as I didn't have a leg to stand on.

Really nervous about this application though. I felt I did everything right this time and took my time to get it all done. If it's rejected then it would break me. The further enquires/checks has just put me on edge now. Kinda wish I never emailed them to chase for an update and left them to it. Lol.
I feel your pain, but if it any consolation then I have been married for 5 years, my plan was to settle abroad but due to business commitments here, being tied to lease and legal complications caused by the landlord, and having all my family here have been unable to leave. So now I have decided to bring the wife over. Whatever happens, happens for a reason and these tests make us stronger. However this is my first application so hope it goes well.
Last edited by adnan111 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:53 pm

adilr78 wrote:
Wsalam,

I submitted a 23 page job contract and a cover letter from my company stating how long I have been working there, what my job role is, my annual wage and that i'm in a perm position.

As they say, 3rd time lucky lol.

Are you doing it through a solicitor again? To be honest, it's quite easy to do it yourself, unless one has a criminal record, divorce, children from previous marriage, then it can get a little tricky. Otherwise if it's a straight forward case, no need to pay a solicitor only for them to help you get refused.

Were your payslips/bank statements originals or online? Just asking, if they were originals, then it's fine, if they were e-payslips/statements, it's still perfectly fine but as long as you got them stamped and got a cover letter from your employer stating your payslips are originals.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:09 pm

@i.need.help

In Sha Allah this time I get it. The bank statements were stamped for 6 months by bank as I went there to get them printed. However my wage slips were e-statements that haven't been stamped by my company. Is that going to be a problem?

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:12 pm

@adnan111

In Sha Allah everything works out for you brother. Struggles of another never make anyone feel better, just makes us realise that we are fortunate and that Allah swt tests us all in different ways.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:16 pm

adilr78 wrote:@i.need.help

In Sha Allah this time I get it. The bank statements were stamped for 6 months by bank as I went there to get them printed. However my wage slips were e-statements that haven't been stamped by my company. Is that going to be a problem?
Did your employer write a cover letter stating their authenticity ?

It could possibly be a huge problem otherwise.
TIMELINE

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:30 pm

My employer wrote a letter stating my annual salary and perm position but didn't actually mention any wage slips. I didn't know that wage slips would need to to be stamped.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:40 pm

adilr78 wrote:My employer wrote a letter stating my annual salary and perm position but didn't actually mention any wage slips. I didn't know that wage slips would need to to be stamped.
What he wrote was an employment letter. Ideally this should also be within 28 days of applying along with your last bank statement/payslip. Hopefully it was.

But since your payslips were online, it was vital to get them stamped/cover letter stating authenticity.

Read below, taken from: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

3.3.7. Payslips must be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name, or be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.
TIMELINE

sairah23
Newly Registered

Post by sairah23 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:48 pm

adilr78 wrote:Salaam,

Jazakumullah Khair
Wsalaam,

In Sha Allah sister.

Have you chased or been provided with an update yet?[/quote]

I have only once requested for an update on 15th June and it esaclated with this response on 22nd June:

"Initial pre assessment and online verification conducted . Application is under process for further enquiries – checks'

Feeling anxious now!

My online application was 23rd March

Duke666
Newly Registered

Post by Duke666 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:56 pm

I have a silly question can someone please tell me how much money one should have when they reach heathhrow airport on spouse visa... Is there something minimum figure that the spouse should have ?

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah my employment letter was 6 days old at the time of the online application. I didn't realise the wage slips needed to be stamped. Cocked that up. heartbroken.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 pm

adilr78 wrote:Yeah my employment letter was 6 days old at the time of the online application. I didn't realise the wage slips needed to be stamped. Cocked that up. heartbroken.
You may still get lucky, don't lose hope just yet!
TIMELINE

Lahore90210

Post by Lahore90210 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:40 pm

adilr78 wrote:Yeah my employment letter was 6 days old at the time of the online application. I didn't realise the wage slips needed to be stamped. Cocked that up. heartbroken.
U need 12 months payslips not 6 as u employment is less than 12 months

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:49 pm

@Lahore90210

Are you sure? Never heard of that before. I thought it was 6 months wage slips as long as that is a permanent position.

Lahore90210

Post by Lahore90210 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:04 pm

[quote="adilr78"]@Lahore90210

Are you sure? Never heard of that before. I thought it was 6 months wage slips as long as that is a permanent position.[
What date did u start new job
Last edited by Lahore90210 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lahore90210

Post by Lahore90210 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:09 pm

Lahore90210 wrote:
adilr78 wrote:@Lahore90210

Are you sure? Never heard of that before. I thought it was 6 months wage slips as long as that is a permanent position.
Positive did u apply under cat b[/quotebelow:

(a) Wage slips covering:

(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the
applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least
6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not
apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months
prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed
by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6
months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this
Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a
self-employed person.

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips at
paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level
of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or
agency).

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as
the wage slips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been
paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of
the person and their partner jointly.

adilr78
Newly Registered

Post by adilr78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:22 pm

I started my permanent job on 01/10/14 and applied for visa on 02/04/15. That's a full 6 months from my job start date, so I would only need to submit 6 months wage slips right?

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi guys
if i was to send all documents to islamabad ...would they forward all my stuff to sheffield anyway....?? i quote from the article found here
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan

"My sponsor sent my documents to Islamabad, will I get refused?

There will be a small transition period after the change, so if your sponsor sends the documents to Islamabad during this time they will be forward on to Sheffield."

what is meant by transition period?? how long will this last
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

Lahore90210

Post by Lahore90210 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:32 pm

adilr78 wrote:I started my permanent job on 01/10/14 and applied for visa on 02/04/15. That's a full 6 months from my job start date, so I would only need to submit 6 months wage slips right?
Yes in.that case