ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sud315

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by sud315 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Congrats to those who have been successful in hearing the good news!! :D

But I think overall this week we have had less approvals, postal I mean... :roll:
Stressful waiting :?
Hope those waiting will hear good news soon!

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Waqasansaar wrote:I will ask solicitor about email.
I had biometrics on 2nd April as I received bio invitation on 28 March 2015. I think home office deal applications according to Bio Enrolled. When you had Bio ? Any idea about nowadays timeline ?
I don't think its according to Biometric date dear.
As hapoo pointed out those submitted applications around 20th have got theirs already, but given bio later than you.

I think its a matter of which case worker our docs are given to!! :idea:
Some may work quick others slow, digging deeper perhaps!!
It took a whole month for me to even receive the biometric letter when most had it in 2 weeks or sth :roll:
Oh god wish I knew of the 1 day service coming into effect. endless waiting and stressing :x

Lets hope it wont take too long. As long as we keep thinking and stressing, it gets more delayed I think!! :(

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:42 pm

I had biometrics on 2nd April as I received bio invitation on 28 March 2015. I think home office deal applications according to Bio Enrolled. When you had Bio ? Any idea about nowadays timeline ?
Are your details on the timeline by the way?
If not please add.

Also check that some who have applied earlier than you also seems to be still waiting (or may be they didn't visit the site to update it!?)
Pl check your spam folders too just in case an email gone to that may be...

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 01, 2015 10:13 pm

sud315 wrote:
Are your details on the timeline by the way?
If not please add.

Also check that some who have applied earlier than you also seems to be still waiting (or may be they didn't visit the site to update it!?)

I think people who applied through solicitor dont receive any email. They just send them the letter (6 months time).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Sat May 02, 2015 12:25 am

That's true. People apply through solicitor don't get email. As I only received letter. My solicitor said its all up to them but it's been 2 months so if they had any query they would have ask for that.

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Sat May 02, 2015 9:39 am

Hi Sad.1, Thanks . answer of your questions:

1. They didn't ask any questions to me.
2. Ground 3.2 I just wrote N/A.as this doesn't apply to me.

I think in regards to your 3 points and fine you should mention it. I dont think it would affect you but you must disclose. If possible go on premium service.

When you had the penalty points, how long ago?

sad.1 wrote:Many many congratulations to you
Really happy to hear that.
I would like to ask to you
1- did they asked you about your current status what you doing ?
2- what grounds did you write on form 3.2?
I am also completing my 10 years soon but I have not decided yet should I hire a solicitor or not well my case is not complexes
All applications I submit was on time.
Had a refusal about entrepreneur and all.appeals was in time .
Even I have 3 points and £100 fine but it wasn't any crime offence or court case.
Simply paid my fine and got 3 points for mobile.usage.
Would you please comment. On this thanks

quote="rzbca"]Hello Friends, I have some good news to share.My ILR (LR) has been approved today in Liverpool PEO!

My experience:

10 am appointment but reached there at 9:30. Straightaway entered after security check.

Done Biometric in 20 mins. After bio they took 45 mins to decide.came out at 11. Very professional and straight forward. I was bit worried because i declare my TFL offence for fine.

I was on 4 yrs student+2 year PSW+ 4 yrs tier 1 General (last extension i showed employment .

I personally think if you have no gaps or nothing complex then you should use premium service. The money you spend really pays off.

This forum is great and I thank many of them on this forum as last 1 month I was a silent reader for every single post! Keep it up guys.

I wrote all this thinking some should benefit with my experience.

Regards

Rzbca
[/quote]

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:03 am

Hi rzbca,
I had them last year in September
But I have consulted a lawyer he said you are free to apply.
If you don't mind me to ask what was your current status?
I will definitely go for premium service. So who does this section 3.2 applies I haven't gone through the application form.itself but just seeing other people and having an idea,

rzbca wrote:Hi Sad.1, Thanks . answer of your questions:

I think in regards to your 3 points and fine you should mention it. I dont think it would affect you but you must disclose. If possible go on premium service.

I am also completing my 10 years soon but I have not decided yet should I hire a solicitor or not well my case is not complexes
Even I have 3 points and £100 fine but it wasn't any crime offence or court case.

quote="rzbca"]Hello Friends, I have some good news to share.My ILR (LR) has been approved today in Liverpool PEO!

My experience:

10 am appointment but reached there at 9:30. Straightaway entered after security check.

Done Biometric in 20 mins. After bio they took 45 mins to decide.came out at 11. Very professional and straight forward. I was bit worried because i declare my TFL offence for fine.

I was on 4 yrs student+2 year PSW+ 4 yrs tier 1 General (last extension i showed employment .

I personally think if you have no gaps or nothing complex then you should use premium service. The money you spend really pays off.

This forum is great and I thank many of them on this forum as last 1 month I was a silent reader for every single post! Keep it up guys.

Regards

Rzbca
[/quote]

gbe
Newly Registered

Post by gbe » Sat May 02, 2015 11:09 am

After Boimetric and your case has been passed to case worker and they told you further check is required.
Furthermore, you will hear from us by next week when your documents will be post to you.

Is that normal ?

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Sat May 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi sad,
I was on tier 1 general. From my understanding this offence will not affect you however i would recommend to do a crb check if all clear then go with confidence. I am not sure about 3.2 but if you had asked me on application form 3.2 then this doesn't apply to me.Thanks

sad.1 wrote:Hi rzbca,
I had them last year in September
But I have consulted a lawyer he said you are free to apply.
If you don't mind me to ask what was your current status?
I will definitely go for premium service. So who does this section 3.2 applies I haven't gone through the application form.itself but just seeing other people and having an idea,

rzbca wrote:Hi Sad.1, Thanks . answer of your questions:

My experience:

Regards

Rzbca
[/quote]

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Sat May 02, 2015 2:32 pm

gbe wrote:After Boimetric and your case has been passed to case worker and they told you further check is required.
Furthermore, you will hear from us by next week when your documents will be post to you.

Is that normal ?
Gbe did you make a new application, is it a premium service. pls throw more light your question is a bit confusing.

jitender2005
Newly Registered

Post by jitender2005 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi rzbca,

Could you please list the documents you took with you. My case is very similar to you. 3 yrs of Student Visa + 2 Yrs PSW and now 5 Yrs on Tier 1 General. What documents shall i take and do i take all the earning letters etc from my accountant.

Kind Regards
Jitender

teekee
Newly Registered

Post by teekee » Sat May 02, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi,

Just a quick question. I wanted to apply ilr based on long residence, however, the whole entire time i have been here, i only had a gap of overstaying for exactly 28 days. Should this be a problem in making my application.?
Would be grateful for the advice.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sat May 02, 2015 5:28 pm

?????!

Confusing

Be clear brother

Where you got this ??
Omor4real wrote:
gbe wrote:After Boimetric and your case has been passed to case worker and they told you further check is required.

Is that normal ?
Gbe did you make a new application, is it a premium service. pls throw more light your question is a bit confusing.

Xam
United Kingdom

Post by Xam » Sun May 03, 2015 3:36 am

I submitted TOEIC test certificate when I applied for Spouse Visa in June 2012 , But I have done A1 from Trinity College and submitted to Home Office in the middle of October 2012 . Last week of October 2012 my Spouse Visa was approved .

I submitted SET(M) application in the beginning of October 2014 along with B1 ( Trinity College), Expired IELTS (6.0) and Expired A1 ( Trinity College) .
Im still waiting for the decision :(
what could be out come of the ILR application?

* Im spouse of British Citizen under old rule .
* we never claim any benefit .
* No criminal record .

Thank you in advance .

Na74 wrote:
Dec17 wrote:
freeman0410 wrote: Hi mate according to me you should mention all the English you did it's too late ,better stay as it is don't send anything now because it may caused you leave every thing with god he will handle it our prayers always with you I hope you will come soon with possible result . You are the luckiest one at least get interview there is lots still waiting long long time who did TOIEC .
Please do not listen to this guy - and seek professional advice from a lawyer. Mention to your lawyer about wriiting a letter to HO detailing all your english tests.

sathmaha
Newly Registered

Post by sathmaha » Mon May 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Hello,

I have submit my 10 years application on 27/03/15 and called for an Biometric registration on last Thursday and I processed that. what will happen from now onwards? I am new to this area, please anyone kindly advise.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon May 04, 2015 11:32 pm

sathmaha wrote:Hello,

I have submit my 10 years application on 27/03/15 and called for an Biometric registration on last Thursday and I processed that. what will happen from now onwards? I am new to this area, please anyone kindly advise.
Is your details r on google drive?

if not Kindly tell us your exact timeline?

Application sent:
Acknowlede Receive:
Bio Receive
Bio Enroll:
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

libby

Post by libby » Tue May 05, 2015 5:15 am

rzbca wrote:Hello Friends, I have some good news to share.My ILR (LR) has been approved today in Liverpool PEO!

My experience:

Regards

Rzbca

Hi congrats :)

Did you have to wait till you completed 10 years? Or you went within 28 days before you arrived in the uk?

UKres

Post by UKres » Tue May 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi guys,
I have question if someone can answer,
After getting the iLR on long residency if we apply for dependent visa do we need to pay crappy NHs charges.

Its £200 per years.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue May 05, 2015 12:36 pm

UKres wrote:Hi guys,
I have question if someone can answer,
After getting the iLR on long residency if we apply for dependent visa do we need to pay crappy NHs charges.

Its £200 per years.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Thanks
For dependent visa u need to pay NHS Health surcharge.

If u apply for flr m visa. They will grant it for 2.5 years. So u need to pay £500 NHS charge

TeWaio
Newly Registered

Post by TeWaio » Tue May 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Can anyone help me on the below?
TeWaio wrote:Hi everyone,

I have followed this board for a while and appreciate all the knowledge that is shared.

My situation:

Arrived UK 29-09-05.

4 years on Tier 4, followed by 2 years on Tier 2 (general), followed by 3 years on Tier 4 again, followed by Tier 2 (general) I currently hold.

Meet all requirements for 10-year ILR (schedule of absences < 540 days, no convictions, no breaks in leave etc.) therefore eligible to apply for 10-year ILR on 01-09-15 (Home Office accepts applications 28 days early).

Have recently learned I am being made redundant by my Tier 2 employer effective 29-05-15. Therefore leave will be curtailed to 28-07-15 (termination date + 60 days), or, as I understand happens in practice, a extra week or so to account for the time it takes my employer to notify the Home Office and the Home Office to curtail my leave.

Therefore, I will probably have my leave to remain curtailed to a date sometime in early-mid August, which is a matter of weeks before I am eligible to apply for 10-year ILR.

There seems to be a 28-day 'grace' period that happens immediately after a leave curtailment date passes, whereby the Home Office can accept visa applications, and if said applications are successful do not count this as "breaking" ILR eligibility. My question is this: Were I not able to find another Tier 2 job in time, and were I to overstay beyond my likely early-mid August leave curtailment date and then submit my 10-year ILR application on 01-09-15, would that application be automatically refused, or would it stand a chance of being accepted (being within the 28-day grace period) if I otherwise met every possible requirement?

Thanks for reading. In a pretty tough situation here so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes,
TW

dream40

Post by dream40 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Dear All set LR postal application waiting friends
My daughter got approval someone can please update for me on Google sheet details are below
Application made on 4th April
Biometric 13 April decision date 01 May 2015
Documents received with approval letter today as of 4th May 22015
Please note my daughter case was simple and straightforward never refused her application in last 10 years
Thanks
Dream 40

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue May 05, 2015 2:35 pm

dream40 wrote:Dear All set LR postal application waiting friends
My daughter got approval someone can please update for me on Google sheet details are below
Application made on 4th April
Biometric 13 April decision date 01 May 2015
Documents received with approval letter today as of 4th May 22015
Please note my daughter case was simple and straightforward never refused her application in last 10 years
Thanks
Dream 40
Congrats and Updated

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue May 05, 2015 2:36 pm

When you are near to expiry of 60 days letter issued by HO

Just file flr fp

Then delay biometric till last day and as soon as you click 10 year differ application to set lr

TeWaio wrote:Can anyone help me on the below?

I have followed this board for a while and appreciate all the knowledge that is shared.

My situation:

Arrived UK 29-09-05.

4 years on Tier 4, followed by 2 years on Tier 2 (general), followed by 3 years on Tier 4 again, followed by Tier 2 (general) I currently hold.

Meet all requirements for 10-year ILR (schedule of absences < 540 days, no convictions, no breaks in leave etc.) therefore eligible to apply for 10-year ILR on 01-09-15 (Home Office accepts applications 28 days early).

Have recently learned I am being made redundant by my Tier 2 employer effective 29-05-15. Therefore leave will be curtailed to 28-07-15 (termination date + 60 days), or, as I understand happens in practice, a extra week or so to account for the time it takes my employer to notify the Home Office and the Home Office to curtail my leave.

Therefore, I will probably have my leave to remain curtailed to a date sometime in early-mid August, which is a matter of weeks before I am eligible to apply for 10-year ILR.

There seems to be a 28-day 'grace' period that happens immediately after a leave curtailment date passes, whereby the Home Office can accept visa applications, and if said applications are successful do not count this as "breaking" ILR eligibility. My question is this: Were I not able to find another Tier 2 job in time, and were I to overstay beyond my likely early-mid August leave curtailment date and then submit my 10-year ILR application on 01-09-15, would that application be automatically refused, or would it stand a chance of being accepted (being within the 28-day grace period) if I otherwise met every possible requirement?

Thanks for reading. In a pretty tough situation here so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes,
TW

dream40

Post by dream40 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks zee Ali

TeWaio
Newly Registered

Post by TeWaio » Tue May 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Would I be eligible to stay under the FLR FP private life 10 year route - I thought I would be a few weeks short of qualifying for that like I am just short of 10 year ILR?

I am not sure what you mean by "delay biometric till last day" and then how I could change the application to SET LR? Could you explain more fully please?

Thanks
smir wrote:When you are near to expiry of 60 days letter issued by HO

Just file flr fp

Then delay biometric till last day and as soon as you click 10 year differ application to set lr

TeWaio wrote:Can anyone help me on the below?

My situation:

Arrived UK 29-09-05.

Best Wishes,
TW