ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thithi79
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by thithi79 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 am

love123 wrote:
knopik83 wrote:I applied on 28/10/2015 5.5 month ago

number is 03001232253 option 2
Hi all I called HO today they Siad still no any update I applied on 13/01/2015 its their anything from anyone ale's please thanks
Hi LOve123, this they are still working on Dec applications though. a few of us applied in december and are still waiting too

knopik83

Post by knopik83 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Crystaldelight wrote:
Crystaldelight wrote:Hi all,
My ee4 application was refused due to insufficient self employment doc,with right to appeal.(appeal made)pls I need an advice on the following.

How long does reconsideration take?(I'm planning to write the case worker)

How long will it take b4 I get a hearing date from tribunal?

Can I apply for eea2 while the appeal and reconsideration is pending?(Visa is require for my work)

Thanks
Does anyone have an answer to the above question pls?

Hi how do you know how to contact your case worker please? I would love to write mine as it s 6 month I am waiting end of this week

Crystaldelight
Newly Registered

Post by Crystaldelight » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi how do you know how to contact your case worker please? I would love to write mine as it s 6 month I am waiting end of this week[/quote]

Caseworker detail is usually on the refusal letter..

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Today I received my Passport and documents back from HO, though I applied for PR but the gave me ROR for another five years. It was dated 20th. The letter they included in the return post still says that I am a family member of Eea national when I have divorced already. Is that right?

Wishing all that are waiting all the best.

Boris89

Post by Boris89 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:44 pm

Uk2715 wrote:Today I received my Passport and documents back from HO, though I applied for PR but the gave me ROR for another five years. It was dated 20th. The letter they included in the return post still says that I am a family member of Eea national when I have divorced already. Is that right?

hi Uk2715

it is very strange that HO granted you with EEA, did you cover all 5 years as partner of EEA family member ? did you send enough evidence ?

can you please share with us your timeline ?

many thanks
Boris

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Boris89 wrote:
Uk2715 wrote:Today I received my Passport and documents back from HO, though I applied for PR but the gave me ROR for another five years. It was dated 20th. The letter they included in the return post still says that I am a family member of Eea national when I have divorced already. Is that right?

hi Uk2715

it is very strange that HO granted you with EEA, did you cover all 5 years as partner of EEA family member ? did you send enough evidence ?

many thanks
Boris
We married 2009, my first five years was granted 2011, divorced with absolute October 2014 applies for PR 01/12/14, ROR issued 20/04/15. As for documents I sent her pays lips from a month before divorce proceeding to the date I sent out the application. All my invoices, business bank statement, machant statement for card payments,tenancy agreement, her employment contract letters from 2006.

Rosnolth
Newly Registered

Post by Rosnolth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Crystaldelight wrote:Hi how do you know how to contact your case worker please? I would love to write mine as it s 6 month I am waiting end of this week
Caseworker detail is usually on the refusal letter..[/quote]

Hi Cristaldelight,

I'm very surprised with your case worker decision as I believe you have submitted many evidence docs of your self employment.However, HO also make sure your self employment is not marginal or supllementary.
Did you supply work evidence from your sponsor too ? What are the docs you sent ?

akz

Post by akz » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Rosnolth wrote:
Crystaldelight wrote:Hi how do you know how to contact your case worker please? I would love to write mine as it s 6 month I am waiting end of this week
Hi Cristaldelight,

I'm very surprised with your case worker decision as I believe you have submitted many evidence docs of your self employment.However, HO also make sure your self employment is not marginal or supllementary.
Did you supply work evidence from your sponsor too ? What are the docs you sent ?[/quote]

Hi Rosnolth,

As a self employed my wife send her EEA3 application on 08/01/2015 for PR, she was working 20 hours a week and her average income per week was £55. is this will be an issue with respect to marginal or supplementary rule (as u mentioned in ur comments above). As you know self employed work is not available some time there is no work and you are not earning for weeks but when u got some project the u can earn good money, she is also full time carer (35 hours / week) to my son who have disability.

Thanks
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

Rosnolth
Newly Registered

Post by Rosnolth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:04 pm

akz wrote:
Rosnolth wrote:
Hi Cristaldelight,

Did you supply work evidence from your sponsor too ? What are the docs you sent ?

Hi Rosnolth,

As a self employed my wife send her EEA3 application on 08/01/2015 for PR, she was working 20 hours a week and her average income per week was £55. is this will be an issue with respect to marginal or supplementary rule (as u mentioned in ur comments above). As you know self employed work is not available some time there is no work and you are not earning for weeks but when u got some project the u can earn good money, she is also full time carer (35 hours / week) to my son who have disability.

Thanks
akz[/quote]

AKZ,

I read on the HO guidelines for EEA qualified persons attributes - Please see below
''Tax and National Insurance (NI)
Compliance with the requirement to pay tax and NI is a domestic matter for the UK authorities and failure to comply does not stop an EEA national from qualifying .
While there is no minimum amount of hours which an EEA national must be employed for in order to qualify as a workeror self-employed, the employment must be genuine and effective and not marginal or supplementary.
Marginal means the work involves so little time and money that it is unrelated to the lifestyle of the worker. It is supplementary because the worker is clearly spending most of their time on something else, not work.
This cannot be the sole basis on which you determine that the EEA national is not exercising treaty rights as a worker, but is a factor which can be taken into consideration when making this assessment. ''

I cannot remember where exactly I have seen the link to downbload the document but I saw here on this site somewhere.Therefore the amount of money she is earning may well be a contributing factor in deciding the application - Please note I'm not a lawer and only interpretating what I read.
She is your main sponsor then she has to comply to the EEA regulation 2006 to be a qualified person
The other argument, what is the level of money your own self employment business is adding to both your income ? If its something higher than the level of british nationals in the scope of claiming benefits, then you may argue your case that you are self-sufficient but you would need to provide medical comprehensive insurance cover for the period.
I hope this helps and you may be able to win at the tribunal.I'm not sure how fast is the tribunal scheduling these days but it could take months.
At the same time you are writting for reconsideration sending all the additional information you mentioned (it may help further), do't forget to progress with your right or appeal too.
Good luck and let me knwo if there is anything else I may clarify to my understanding.

thithi79
Newly Registered

Post by thithi79 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks for the update UK2715. It is not ideal I am sure but at least it is not a rejection! I am sure you will be fine.
Average processing time from Application Send to Positive is now ~116 Days for application made between 08/2014 and 12/2015.
Can't wait to get mine back now!
Thanks
T

akz

Post by akz » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:00 pm

akz wrote:

AKZ,

I read on the HO guidelines for EEA qualified persons attributes - Please see below
''Tax and National Insurance (NI)
Compliance with the requirement to pay tax and NI is a domestic matter for the UK authorities and failure to comply does not stop an EEA national from qualifying .
While there is no minimum amount of hours which an EEA national must be employed for in order to qualify as a workeror self-employed, the employment must be genuine and effective and not marginal or supplementary.
Marginal means the work involves so little time and money that it is unrelated to the lifestyle of the worker. It is supplementary because the worker is clearly spending most of their time on something else, not work.
This cannot be the sole basis on which you determine that the EEA national is not exercising treaty rights as a worker, but is a factor which can be taken into consideration when making this assessment. ''

I cannot remember where exactly I have seen the link to downbload the document but I saw here on this site somewhere.Therefore the amount of money she is earning may well be a contributing factor in deciding the application - Please note I'm not a lawer and only interpretating what I read.
She is your main sponsor then she has to comply to the EEA regulation 2006 to be a qualified person
The other argument, what is the level of money your own self employment business is adding to both your income ? If its something higher than the level of british nationals in the scope of claiming benefits, then you may argue your case that you are self-sufficient but you would need to provide medical comprehensive insurance cover for the period.
I hope this helps and you may be able to win at the tribunal.I'm not sure how fast is the tribunal scheduling these days but it could take months.
At the same time you are writting for reconsideration sending all the additional information you mentioned (it may help further), do't forget to progress with your right or appeal too.
Good luck and let me knwo if there is anything else I may clarify to my understanding.

Hi Rosnolth,

Thanks for detail reply.
She had worked only to retain the status of a person with right to reside. but on the same time she was a carer to my son with disability and need to spend 35 hour per week with him. I have one 15 month daughter. I am my self engineer and my earning is 35k/year. Our local council consider her as self employed and they told her that she is eligible for housing benefits. No i am not sure home office will consider her as self employed with 55/week average income for 5 years. we submit all contracts, invoices, banks statements, NI records, self assessment forms for 5 years. There were some payment made by cash which we put in bank account by ourself with customer's payment reference. majority of payment were transferred by customers. still waiting for PR, mine eaa4, my wife eea3.

Thanks
akz

Crystaldelight
Newly Registered

Post by Crystaldelight » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:42 pm

I need ur opinion pls..

Is it possible to apply for eea2 while my appeal for ee4 is pending?

Boris89

Post by Boris89 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Crystaldelight wrote:I need ur opinion pls..

Is it possible to apply for eea2 while my appeal for ee4 is pending?
Hi Crystaldelight,

I think you can apply for EEA2 while you are appeling for refuse however please double check with your lawyer

good luck

boris

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Please guys I need clarification. As I have received my ROR when am I qualified to apply for PR and do I need to submit any document concerning my ex Eea wife again. Gurus in the house Pls I need help/advice.

thithi79
Newly Registered

Post by thithi79 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:59 am

Hi
Did anyone else apply in December? Applied on the 18th Dec and still waiting...
Thanks
T

Boris89

Post by Boris89 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:02 pm

thithi79 wrote:Hi
Did anyone else apply in December? Applied on the 18th Dec and still waiting...
Thanks
T
Hi thithi79,

I aplied on the 7 january and still no responce

best regards
B

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Uk2715 wrote:Please guys I need clarification. As I have received my ROR when am I qualified to apply for PR and do I need to submit any document concerning my ex Eea wife again. Gurus in the house Pls I need help/advice.
Pls somebody help me out.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Has anyone applied with the new EEA biometrics PR form?

How long does it take to receive the biometrics enrollment letter?

Does ur come before COA?

Boris89

Post by Boris89 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 am

anyone who apllied in january ?

thanks
B

bubu12

Post by bubu12 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:51 am

Uk2715 wrote:
Uk2715 wrote:Please guys I need clarification. As I have received my ROR when am I qualified to apply for PR and do I need to submit any document concerning my ex Eea wife again. Gurus in the house Pls I need help/advice.

@Uk2715 which of the form did u use for the application

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:26 pm

bubu12 wrote:
Uk2715 wrote:

@Uk2715 which of the form did u use for the application
I used EEA4 form.

akz

Post by akz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Boris89 wrote:anyone who apllied in january ?

thanks
B
Hi Boris,

Applied on 8/01/2015, and still waiting for PR.

Thanks
Akz

Boris89

Post by Boris89 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:40 pm

akz wrote:

thanks
B
Hi Boris,

Thanks
Akz
hi Akz,

did you call them ? email them ?

bubu12

Post by bubu12 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Uk2715 wrote:
Boris89 wrote:

hi Uk2715

many thanks
Boris
We married 2009, my first five years was granted 2011, divorced with absolute October 2014 applies for PR 01/12/14, ROR issued 20/04/15. As for documents I sent her pays lips from a month before divorce proceeding to the date I sent out the application. All my invoices, business bank statement, machant statement for card payments,tenancy agreement, her employment contract letters from 2006.

As an Ex Eea family member who has retained a right of residence this all u need to apply for PR

Can you be able to provide ur ex eea family member payslips / p60 from the date both of you get married to the date decree absolute was issued if yes, and you also have to add ur own payslip / p60s from the date ur decree absolute was issued to make it toto of 5 years exercising treaty right then you will be ok

love123
Newly Registered

Post by love123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:37 pm

akz wrote:

thanks
B
Hi Boris,

Thanks
Akz

Hi Boris applied on 13/01/2015. And I am still waiting thanks