ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shah05

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Shah05 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:21 am

[quote="MIL3STON3"]I have booked my same day appointment for ILR ( long residence) next week, i was wondering if i can bring my Mrs with me on the day of appointment ????[/quote]

Yes you can I think As I m going with my kid and husband.

justice007
Newly Registered

Post by justice007 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am applying for same day Set LR (10 years long residence) in August from Croydon Peo.
I have been in UK from 2005 and spent first 7 years on student visa + 2 years PSW and last 3 years on EU Spouse visa (EU Residence Permit),
I would just like to confirm if it's ok to apply for same day application or there will be any issue ? has anyone with such immigration history granted Same day visa successfully.
I am providing following documents as evidence :

1. My Original Degree certificate and transcripts.
2. My Passport covering all history of travel.
3. Printed Itinerary (flight tickets and invoice) and spreadsheet explaining my travel history (Matching my entry and exit stamps on passport).
4. My P60's and Payslips (Online Printed both).
5. My Bank Statements of last 12 months.
6. Letter of Employment verification from my Employer stating my joining date and salary.
7. SAR file (I requested this to check my previous immigration history).
8. 4 passport size photo.
For my time spent under EU Spouse visa (EU Residence visa)

1. My wife's payslips and p60's (covering all the 3 years since we got married and i am on EU Spouse visa) (Online copies).
2. My wife's Letter of Employment verification from her Employer stating my joining date and salary her job title.
3. My Wife's original bank statements of 6 months.
4. Our joint account bank Statements of 12 months.
5. Our tenancy agreements (covering all the 3 years since we got married and i am on EU Spouse visa).
6. Council tax bills (annual) (covering all the 3 years since we got married and i am on EU Spouse visa).
7. Utility bills (Water and Electricity)(covering all the 3 years since we got married and i am on EU Spouse visa).
9. Tv License bills (Annual)
10. My wife's passport original and one true copy.
11. Marriage Certificate original and one true copy.
12. 4 passport size photo.

Will this be sufficient enough to get Same Day Visa for Set LR (10 years Long residence) ?
Also, Payslips and P60's are printed copy from online account since our employers no longer issue printed copy however our Bank statements (Mine of 12 months and hers of 6 months shows same the amount getting deposited every month). Will this be sufficient enough as employers refused to stamp or provide any further info regards to this apart from Employer reference stating salary, time since joined and job title.

Many Thanks.

I will appreciate if someone can reply who has gone through similar type of visa and similar to my situation or any of your experts advise is really appreciated.

yoronak
Newly Registered

Post by yoronak » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:25 pm

This link is found from ILR guideline, can anyone please make more clear about the bold line.

. When To Apply
You should apply before the end of your permitted stay in the UK.
There is a qualifying period to complete for a Long Residence application It runs either from
- the date on which you entered the UK with a visa;
or, if you did not enter the UK with such a visa, from
- the date on which you were first granted permission to remain in the UK.
If you entered the UK with a visa several weeks or more after the date from which it was valid for
use, you may need to apply for an extension of stay to complete the relevant qualifying period.

Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period. If you apply earlier
than that, your application may be refused. If that happens, we will not refund the fee and you will
have to pay again when reapplying.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
many thanks..

HoneyB123
Newly Registered

Post by HoneyB123 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks Smir

My appeal was withdrawn but the tribunal said they did not receive it. Then afterwards they eventually did but according to the Home Office its still not withdrawn. We have this all on email and date stamped with the Tribunal office, which I will take with me to POE.

My question was relating to my right to work???? Any ideas?? I cannot find any information on HO website.

Thanks

smir wrote:To apply set lr

You need to first withdraw appeal and then next day post the application

Solicitor did wrong

He kept appeal and applied set lr and the. Withdrew
HoneyB123 wrote:Hi all

Yesterday I received news from my solicitor to say my application has been rejection because of an open tribunal case from a previous visa application.

This however is not true. My solicitor had cancelled my appeal when submitting my ILR application and we have proof in the form of emails and fax confirmations. We have also had confirmation from the tribunal office that notice of my withdrawal was sent to the home office on 03/06, my current application was decided on 05/08.

All this being said, I have now booked a POE appointment as I have been given 28 days to reapply. I have previously had the right to work, does this continue during the 28 days or do I have to resign?

You comments are much appreciated.

Many thanks

mlz00001
Newly Registered

Post by mlz00001 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:09 pm

Getting prepred for my LR application. Could anybody help me - Do I need ALL Listed documentation in the summary sheets?

Documentations I have ready and certain to submit are: passports, policy registration, BRP, Photos, Life in the UK pass letter, degree certificates.

My questions is: Do i need to submit everything in the List?
I don;t have a bith certificate with me, would that matter?
Do i need to submit my Driving Licence? I just recently changed the address, would that matter?
Do I need to provide all my financial information since the days I was employed? i.e. Bank statements, pay slips, P60 etc...?

Would greatly appricaite if someone who has gone through the process could confirm. As i had not realized that I may need all the documentation in the summary at the end of the application form. Or is it just the essentials ?

ILR10Year
Newly Registered

Post by ILR10Year » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:50 am

ILR10Year wrote:Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone can guide me or in same situation as It has been 10 TEN months, since I applied for ILR on Long Residence basis on 30 September 2014 by Post, but Decision hasn't been taken yet until today 29 July 2015.

Details are under:

International Student - 10 Years throughout with no gap.
Application Sent - 29/09/14
Application Received - 30/09/14
Payment Taken - 02/10/14
Bio Metric - 16/10/14
Application Acknowlegement Letter Received - 23/10/14 that it is valid application and decision will be taken in 06 Months approx.
Documents Received - Waiting
Approval Date - Waiting

My Questions Please:

1. Should I Withdraw application and apply again at PEO?
2. Just carry on waiting until Febraury 2016 and Apply for Naturalisation? as UKVI hasn't contacted me since.
3. Keep waiting until UKVI take decision?
4. On 7 May 2015, it is revealed through SAR that LivSet3 ''Hold Decision until further Notice'' ... any idea?

Thank you.
With a brief overview stated earlier above, may I ask if someone has knowledge about this status written as quoted from my SAR-Case Record Sheet:

''case is currently on hold until further notice (operation agantuk)''

What sort of opertion is this? Any idea?

Thanks.

favour

Post by favour » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:22 am

hello,
My initial post is here, I know we are not allowed to make two posts.
[url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 91972.html [/url]

Please your opinion will be appreciated. Thanks

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:26 am

Hey all the gurus,

I have got appointment on 13th August @ Sheffield, I just want to know about the absence, I have got 549 out for 540, 9 more absence, what should i do tell me ? i am stressing out..help me asap

Thanks

Abdur08
Newly Registered

Post by Abdur08 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:25 am

Hi,
I had applied my ILR on base of long residency on 13th June and waiting for my decision. My dependents are currently on Tier 1 general dependent visa and their leave to remain is expiring at the end of this month.My question is if I will not receive my decion before their leave expire? Which application form should I need to use to apply their visa??
Secondly should my uk born children also need to apply with their mother? ?
Thanks

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:58 am

mlz00001 wrote:Getting prepred for my LR application. Could anybody help me - Do I need ALL Listed documentation in the summary sheets?

Documentations I have ready and certain to submit are: passports, policy registration, BRP, Photos, Life in the UK pass letter, degree certificates.

My questions is: Do i need to submit everything in the List?
I don;t have a bith certificate with me, would that matter?
Do i need to submit my Driving Licence? I just recently changed the address, would that matter?
Do I need to provide all my financial information since the days I was employed? i.e. Bank statements, pay slips, P60 etc...?

Would greatly appricaite if someone who has gone through the process could confirm. As i had not realized that I may need all the documentation in the summary at the end of the application form. Or is it just the essentials ?
hi mlz00001,

The main documents you need are:
Your passport (As proof of your 10 year stay...IN/OUT Stamps from UK)
English (Degree certificate should cover that)
LIfe in the UK TEST pass

I think the list you are referring to is for people who have lost their passport
and hence need proof of their stay in uk

I will be appling in october with the essentials only...

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:09 am

Hi guys please reply on my previous post.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 22140.html

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:31 am

Once you withdraw appeal

Your section 3c ends

You are overstayer with no right to work

But you can make new application within 28 dua of appeL withdrawl

HoneyB123 wrote:Thanks Smir

My appeal was withdrawn but the tribunal said they did not receive it. Then afterwards they eventually did but according to the Home Office its still not withdrawn. We have this all on email and date stamped with the Tribunal office, which I will take with me to POE.

My question was relating to my right to work???? Any ideas?? I cannot find any information on HO website.

Thanks

smir wrote:To apply set lr

You need to first withdraw appeal and then next day post the application

Solicitor did wrong

He kept appeal and applied set lr and the. Withdrew
HoneyB123 wrote:Hi all

Yesterday I received news from my solicitor to say my application has been rejection because of an open tribunal case from a previous visa application.

This however is not true. My solicitor had cancelled my appeal when submitting my ILR application and we have proof in the form of emails and fax confirmations. We have also had confirmation from the tribunal office that notice of my withdrawal was sent to the home office on 03/06, my current application was decided on 05/08.

All this being said, I have now booked a POE appointment as I have been given 28 days to reapply. I have previously had the right to work, does this continue during the 28 days or do I have to resign?

You comments are much appreciated.

Many thanks

mlz00001
Newly Registered

Post by mlz00001 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:29 pm

My T1 general (work visa) still have 2 years left, but i am booked in for an appointment 27 days before my qualifying peirod.

I assume i don't need to wait till the end of the 2 years to apply for my 10 years LR? could anyone confirm?

Tripple2
Newly Registered

Post by Tripple2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:00 pm

LORD KRISNA. I just got my ilr today in Sheffield peo thanks to Lord Krisna 10 years .... Stu+psw+tier1 General. Thanks to zee Ali and all the members ..very helpful forum..

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Congratulations. Have some queries. Would you be able to help me out?

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Hello people I have been a silent observer on this forum but today I have decided to share my peo experience in Croydon on the basis 10 year long residence I have been granted ilr earlier today the whole process took around 2 and a half hours but it was very smooth my history was student for almost 4 years then 2 years psw then tier 1 general and tier 1 general extension valid till 2016 June but qualified on 10 years which is simpler secondly guys please every1 keep your tax records clean make sure your self assessment submitted on time and I must mention if you can afford to pay four hundreds more and plus your case is straight forward no gaps no refusals worth going for peo it's quick and tension free wish you guys good luck for better future

Tripple2
Newly Registered

Post by Tripple2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Shah feel free to ask me any question just to let u know tax is the main issue .. Make sure tax return and paid all tax that's the main thing they are checking ...

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks for prompt reply. You were in tier 1 general. Right? Did they checked all documents of your current visa? Also I have tried to send pm. But it isn't delivered yet. Is there anyway I can contact? As I have few more questions.

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Raza.raja wrote:Hello people I have been a silent observer on this forum but today I have decided to share my peo experience in Croydon on the basis 10 year long residence I have been granted ilr earlier today the whole process took around 2 and a half hours but it was very smooth my history was student for almost 4 years then 2 years psw then tier 1 general and tier 1 general extension valid till 2016 June but qualified on 10 years which is simpler secondly guys please every1 keep your tax records clean make sure your self assessment submitted on time and I must mention if you can afford to pay four hundreds more and plus your case is straight forward no gaps no refusals worth going for peo it's quick and tension free wish you guys good luck for better future
Hi Raza, Congratulation,

May i have ask few things please, when you said keep your record clean, when it comes to tax did they ask you anything about tax, did they ask you for your tax assessment, i have been submitting my tax returns in time, although in my returns there was no tax i owe so i did not pay, when i had very first VIsa on Tier General 1 whatever tax i was suppose to pay i paid it, but when i took extensions i did not pay tax as my company went in lose but i have been submitting my tax returns every year till now. Can you guide some please anything necessary.

I also need help back in 2009 i had accident passengers sitting with me claim against me in injury and case went in court and in feb 2013 my insurance company paid to the claimant, when i check my credit history i does not appear in the history that i have have any County Court Judgement against me, shall i mention in my Visa application about this judgment or not?

i hope i will get my answer back soon by any friend on this board i am already due but as not getting back response so its being delayed.

Thanks and Regards
SAM

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Tripple2 wrote:Shah feel free to ask me any question just to let u know tax is the main issue .. Make sure tax return and paid all tax that's the main thing they are checking ...
Hi Tripple2, Congratulation,

May i have ask few things please, when you said keep your record clean, when it comes to tax did they ask you anything about tax, did they ask you for your tax assessment, i have been submitting my tax returns in time, although in my returns there was no tax i owe so i did not pay, when i had very first VIsa on Tier General 1 whatever tax i was suppose to pay i paid it, but when i took extensions i did not pay tax as my company went in lose but i have been submitting my tax returns every year till now. Can you guide some please anything necessary.

I also need help back in 2009 i had accident passengers sitting with me claim against me in injury and case went in court and in feb 2013 my insurance company paid to the claimant, when i check my credit history i does not appear in the history that i have have any County Court Judgement against me, shall i mention in my Visa application about this judgment or not?

i hope i will get my answer back soon by any friend on this board i am already due but as not getting back response so its being delayed.

Thanks and Regards
SAM

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Saima79
Hey actually I was told by some1 that they recently started checking tax submissions and self assessment since everything got connected online to ukba I mean about year a ago they used to fax and e mail other departments to get information but now ukba now has access to Hmrc and they make sure if you paid the right amount of tax secondly today when I went to collect my passport from desk 44 the visa officer said sorry for the wait cuz last check from Hmrc took longer then usual so that sort of makes you believe that they ain't doing Mickey Mouse job and you mentioned that somebody claimed some money through insurance claim I don't think that would be a big issue it won't fall in same category county court or anything bdw have you ever been on student visa and worked more then entitled hours?

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Raza.raja wrote:Saima79
Hey actually I was told by some1 that they recently started checking tax submissions and self assessment since everything got connected online to ukba I mean about year a ago they used to fax and e mail other departments to get information but now ukba now has access to Hmrc and they make sure if you paid the right amount of tax secondly today when I went to collect my passport from desk 44 the visa officer said sorry for the wait cuz last check from Hmrc took longer then usual so that sort of makes you believe that they ain't doing Mickey Mouse job and you mentioned that somebody claimed some money through insurance claim I don't think that would be a big issue it won't fall in same category county court or anything bdw have you ever been on student visa and worked more then entitled hours?
Thanks a Lot to get back to me , i have been so confused recently do not know what to do or not, yes i have been student my first two extension were as student then PSW since 2009 > 2001 Tier1 General > 2013 Tier1 General extensions and i believe i did more than 20 hours work when i was student, are they checking this one as well?

I did my credit History as well and there is no County Court Judgement against me in their as well, no idea what to do about tax for the tax period i did not pay when i get extension, although i did send tax returns but tax returns showed i do not own any tax.

Regards
SAM

Tripple2
Newly Registered

Post by Tripple2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Shah get the letter from hmrc that u paid all taxes and ask ur accountant to give u CT600 both letter needs to be since u opened ur business till today thanks

hk76in
Newly Registered

Post by hk76in » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Hi all,

Please advise - I have 10 days short in completing the 10 years on 19th of September - Can I still go for same day application? Will the 28 days relaxation be given to such applicants?

Please guide

hk76in
Newly Registered

Post by hk76in » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi all,

Please advise - I have 10 days short in completing the 10 years on 19th of September - Can I still go for same day application? Will the 28 days relaxation be given to such applicants?

Please guide