ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tazkhan
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by tazkhan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm

HI everyone i NEED urgent advice for my long residence ilr INTERVIEW on 28th of September, any1 who has attended or knows please help!!!! cheers

My circumstance and time Line
Student form September 2004 ---September 2014
Sent my Application Oct 2014
Fee Taken
BioM done
Received Interview invitation 2nd Sep 2015

Documents Submitted
Both Old new passports
All visa's record
Letter from my employer
Life in the uk test certificate
letter from my university to prove that i dnt need English language certificate as per immigration rule
After a long and frustrating wait of 11 month now got an invitation for interview PLZ PLZ Help!!!! coz i dnt know what sort of question to expect!!!!!

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:53 pm

tazkhan wrote:HI everyone i NEED urgent advice for my long residence ilr INTERVIEW on 28th of September, any1 who has attended or knows please help!!!! cheers

Fee Taken
BioM done

Documents Submitted
Both Old new passports
All visa's record
Letter from my employer

letter from my university to prove that i dnt need English language certificate as per immigration rule
After a long and frustrating wait of 11 month now got an invitation for interview PLZ PLZ Help!!!! coz i dnt know what sort of question to expect!!!!!
hi tazkhan,
have you ever used TOEIC english certificate for any of your extension?

thanks

tazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by tazkhan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:31 pm

HI
i have taken the test but not used it for my extension of Visa.

THANKS

tazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by tazkhan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:34 pm

hammad14 wrote:
tazkhan wrote:HI everyone i NEED urgent advice for my long residence ilr INTERVIEW on 28th of September, any1 who has attended or knows please help!!!! cheers

Fee Taken
BioM done

Documents Submitted
Both Old new passports
All visa's record
Letter from my employer

hi tazkhan,
have you ever used TOEIC english certificate for any of your extension?

thanks
HI hammad14"

No i haven't used TOEIC for visa extesion.
Thanks

tazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by tazkhan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:38 pm

Fee Taken
BioM done

Documents Submitted
Both Old new passports
All visa's record
Letter from my employer
Dear users plz update!!!!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:54 pm

longresident85 wrote:Dear Blog Fellows,

I have been a reader of this blog for a while and once asked a question here about my ILR case. Many thanks for everyone here - a very helpful blog. Special thanks to Zee Ali and a few others who replied to the query.

My ILR have been approved at Cardiff PEO today - relief.

My Case was simple except I had a CCJ and IVA since 2010. I have been declaring this in all applications with a simple line stating what happened. No Questions asked.

The rest was straightforward Student + PSW + Student (10 Yrs).

Very polite staff at Cardiff PEO. Total time spent there was exactly 1.5hrs.

Alhamdulillah I am relieved now and pray everyone else hear good news.

Let me know if some wants to ask anything.

Kind regards
Congrats Longresident85.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:58 pm

gorangoran wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
saima79 wrote:once again Thanks a Lot Zee Ali,
Will my son be on FLRM for next five years or once i got british passport he can apply for British passport too? i know his father got to be on FLRM status for next five years but what about my son?
Your son will also stay on flrm for next 5 years as well along with your husband as he born outside uk.
what will happen if saima79 did not apply for her son for FLRM and he will be in UK for the next 1-2 years. so after that she will be British SO HE WILL BE ABLE TO APPLAY FOR ASTEZENSHIP.
I AM RIGHT OR WORNG PLEASE CLARIFY?
GORAN

Both parents should have British passports or applied for it than they can register foreign born child as British national.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:05 am

Hi Longresident85,
Please can you list out all your documents which you have submitted with your application. Have you attached tax related documents as well? And what additional document should we take with us for premium service appointment. Your own experience sharing would be very helpful
Thanks

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:01 am

Alhamdulillah my ILR approved yesterday at Glasgow PEO.

Appointment Time: 1300
Documents Submitted: 1315
Biometrics: 1340
ILR Granted: 1450

5 Yrs Student, 2 Years PSW, 3 Years Entrepreneur

Docs: Passports, LIUK, Degree, Application Form

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:08 pm

Hey Everyone

Just want to inform you guys i have been granted with ILR
On 4th Sep and i recived my documents on 5th Sep.

I varied my application from Flr fp to Set Lr

I would like to say thanks everyone specially
Zee Ali and Omar4real

Really appriciated guys for the help and advices

Thanks
Hassan

shabi
Newly Registered

Post by shabi » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Congrats Hassan. Just want to ask one question if you can answer me. I'm currently on flr fp appeal and going to withdraw the appeal and applying for flr m. I want to use premium service but my passport is retained by HO will they decide my application same day of will i have to wait? I don't know if my application is straight forward or not. Plzz help

december15
Newly Registered

Post by december15 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:49 pm

Dear K4
Thanks for sharing info, I am in same situation, if you kindly reply me, need some information.
Thanks in advance.

december15
K4 wrote:Hi Hammad14. Xam, Sumonnub2003

I had my interview yesterday it was all about toeic

the person was very polite who conducted the interview they asked

Where did you took your exam? (name of center, address)
What was the date?
How much you paid?
How did you pay? cash or card
Who recommended you?
Why you chose toeic?
How many people were there?
What was the pattern of the exam?

it was long time ago so I remembered vague details but he looked satisfied. I think they are checking your credibility, confidence as well as if you are telling the truth. Keep your answers short and sweet don't justify yourself as they are not accusing of anything or they will go suspicious. Best of luck to all of us and pray to God everything turns out in our favor.

Hammad you said it's all over where did you heard that?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:18 pm

shabi wrote:Congrats Hassan. Just want to ask one question if you can answer me. I'm currently on flr fp appeal and going to withdraw the appeal and applying for flr m. I want to use premium service but my passport is retained by HO will they decide my application same day of will i have to wait? I don't know if my application is straight forward or not. Plzz help
It depends on the case worker. If he is unable to give u decision same day because of your passport than he will tell u and also give u a time frame ( 1 week or 2 week as soon he gets the passport).

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:23 pm

d3thmark wrote:Hey Everyone

Zee Ali and Omar4real

Thanks
Hassan
Congrats Hassan . Kindly share your timeline and history so other can benefit for this.

I think u r the one who was short of 5 months and flr fp refused without appeal right and than u put new flr fp in 28 days and vary it to set lr. U were also spend 9 days more than the actual time allowed outside uk 540 days. Am i right?

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Zee ali wrote:

Zee Ali and Omar4real

Thanks
Hassan
Congrats Hassan . Kindly share your timeline and history so other can benefit for this.

I think u r the one who was short of 5 months and flr fp refused without appeal right and than u put new flr fp in 28 days and vary it to set lr. U were also spend 9 days more than the actual time allowed outside uk 540 days. Am i right?
yes u r right i am the same guy.

Application FLR FP Varied to SET LR !0 year

Student Visa Expired = 28th March ( Needed 5 months to be eligible for ILR)
Applied FLR FP = 24th March
Got Rejected = 15th June (Needed 1.5 months to be eligible for ILR)
Applied Second FLR FP = 24th June ( to buy the time)
FLR FP Application Vary to SET LR on 13th Aug
SET LR Granted = 4th Sep
Documents Received = 5th Sep

I applied right 28 days before and went for the premium service, i didn't got the decision on the same day as i didn't had my passport with me, it was with the home office, i got the decision on 4th Sep right after 3 weeks.

Thanks again for all the help, this is the best forum, i can't trust any lawyer bcz my first FLR fp was rejected just bcz of my lawyer so i came to this forum and prepared my case with the help of this forum and special members like Zee Ali, Omor4real, Obie, Saadasif, tajammul77.

Thanks again everyone

Wish everyone Good Luck !!

Thanks,
Hassan

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:15 pm

d3thmark wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

Zee Ali and Omar4real

Thanks
Hassan

yes u r right i am the same guy.

Application FLR FP Varied to SET LR !0 year

Student Visa Expired = 28th March ( Needed 5 months to be eligible for ILR)
Applied FLR FP = 24th March
Got Rejected = 15th June (Needed 1.5 months to be eligible for ILR)
Applied Second FLR FP = 24th June ( to buy the time)
FLR FP Application Vary to SET LR on 13th Aug
SET LR Granted = 4th Sep
Documents Received = 5th Sep

I applied right 28 days before and went for the premium service, i didn't got the decision on the same day as i didn't had my passport with me, it was with the home office, i got the decision on 4th Sep right after 3 weeks.

Thanks again for all the help, this is the best forum, i can't trust any lawyer bcz my first FLR fp was rejected just bcz of my lawyer so i came to this forum and prepared my case with the help of this forum and special members like Zee Ali, Omor4real, Obie, Saadasif, tajammul77.

Thanks again everyone

Wish everyone Good Luck !!

Thanks,
Hassan
Great. Congrats Hassan. One confusion is over that we can also vary out of time application successfully even on premium service.

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:44 pm

@zee ali bro i was not out of time application, i cleared the misconception of 9 days.
the day u leave and enter donot count towards absence from UK.

Only entire days spent outside the UK count as absences. For example a migrant leaving the UK on Monday and returning on Wednesday would only have been absent from the UK for one day.

http://www.entryclearanceservices.co.uk/tips/

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Zee ali wrote:It depends on the case worker. If he is unable to give u decision same day because of your passport than he will tell u and also give u a time frame ( 1 week or 2 week as soon he gets the passport).
Is there anyway to contact HO to request to have your passport on the PEO u booked appointment for ? [when you have your decision pending]

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:52 pm

d3thmark wrote:@zee ali bro i was not out of time application, i cleared the misconception of 9 days.
the day u leave and enter donot count towards absence from UK.

Only entire days spent outside the UK count as absences. For example a migrant leaving the UK on Monday and returning on Wednesday would only have been absent from the UK for one day.

http://www.entryclearanceservices.co.uk/tips/

I am talking about your 2nd flr fp application even if it is within the 28 days time its still count out of time. U dont have any visa when u put 2nd flr fp application? if yes than any other application even in 28 days after 1st application refusal its count out of time.

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:36 pm

i guess it count towards ur time that is why i got the approval.. u know the best bcz thats what u recommend to apply flr fp again to buy more time and then vary to set lr ...

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:40 pm

d3thmark wrote:i guess it count towards ur time that is why i got the approval.. u know the best bcz thats what u recommend to apply flr fp again to buy more time and then vary to set lr ...
Yes dear i know i recommend u to take that chance. Btw out of time application is not against your immigration history or break your continuity as long u get the visa as at the end. I had one out of time application in 2007 got the visa at the end and now ILR.

Only thing is out of application should not be more than 28 days form your visa expiry or end of section 3c.

plus in your case u varied out of time flr fp application to set lr. Some moderators here r also not clear on that, that u can vary out of time application or not. According to HO guidance u can vary an in time application but nothing mention about out of time application variation.

Now u owe me a party. :D :D :D :D

shabi
Newly Registered

Post by shabi » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:06 am

Zee ali wrote:
shabi wrote:Congrats Hassan. Just want to ask one question if you can answer me. I'm currently on flr fp appeal and going to withdraw the appeal and applying for flr m. I want to use premium service but my passport is retained by HO will they decide my application same day of will i have to wait? I don't know if my application is straight forward or not. Plzz help
It depends on the case worker. If he is unable to give u decision same day because of your passport than he will tell u and also give u a time frame ( 1 week or 2 week as soon he gets the passport).
Thanks Zee actually i have got B2 english Language certificate instead A1. and that certificate will expire on 5th of November and i can't appear for A1 test again because i don't have original passport with me. i have tried and speak with trinity college but they said they can't accept it without original passport and advised me to contact HO. that's why i'm going for premium service.
or if you can help me to appear for A1 test with the passport copy and BRP copy then please let me know. then i will apply as normal without using premium service. Regards

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Zee Ali and Omar4real

Thanks
Hassan
Congrats, happy for u man, you now can sit back, relax as u are off the 'pressure cooker'! Your situation looked really precarious, so it must be a big sigh of relief on yr part that you have made it, and it has also given alot of hope to people in a similar situation on this forum.

All the best man as you start a new chapter....
ditima

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanks mate yeah sucha relief after like 4 months, now i am waiting for the FLR fp Fees and IHS fees to be refunded :( bcz i spent so much money on getting my ILR, now need to return the money i owe.
Anyone know how long does it take to get the FLR FP application fees and IHS fees refunded ?
Ditima98 wrote:

Zee Ali and Omar4real

Thanks
Hassan
Congrats, happy for u man, you now can sit back, relax as u are off the 'pressure cooker'! Your situation looked really precarious, so it must be a big sigh of relief on yr part that you have made it, and it has also given alot of hope to people in a similar situation on this forum.

All the best man as you start a new chapter....

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:37 pm

shabi wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
Thanks Zee actually i have got B2 english Language certificate instead A1. and that certificate will expire on 5th of November and i can't appear for A1 test again because i don't have original passport with me. i have tried and speak with trinity college but they said they can't accept it without original passport and advised me to contact HO. that's why i'm going for premium service.
or if you can help me to appear for A1 test with the passport copy and BRP copy then please let me know. then i will apply as normal without using premium service. Regards

B2 is greater than A1. U can use that as well