ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

munna007

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by munna007 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:30 pm

batley12 wrote:Hi Everyone,

A technical query,
My friend and his wife came to UK Together,
his wife was on dependant vissa all along,
they are both completing 10 years in the UK in December,
Can she apply for ILR before he does when they qualify.
Or does she have to wait for her husband to be granted ILR first,

Many Thanks :)

Hi Batley12,
There is no technicality in this case as your friend himself has an individual case and his wife completing 10 years as a dependent has her own independent case therefore both can apply individually on SET LR Form.
I had the same scenerio as me and my wife got our ILR issued couple of days back. We both applied on the same day at PEO Croydon with half an hour gap in appointment time but HO dealt our case separately and it was allocated to different case workers. Therefore, both individuals completing their 10 years long residence will be considered as an Individuals so they should apply separately on SET (LR) form. I hope my answer to your query has cleared the ambiguity.

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:54 pm

Qwa wrote:Hello....!!!!

I got my ILR throught 10Y long residence route.

I applied through PEO Glasgow on 19/09/2015 (I live and work in scotland)

First entry to UK 09/2005
09/2005 to 05/2009 - Student
05/2009 to 04/2011 - PSW
04/2011 to 07/2016 - Tier 1 General
(this year i completed 10Y residence in UK)

Documents Submitted,

Application
Payment sheet
Cover letter
All passports
Current BRP
LIUK test pass certificate
UK Degree certificate

Additional Documents

Birth Certificate
Employment letter
Pay slips
P60

Entry to the PEO 7:45 am (Security check)
Payment details check 7:55am
Application submission with all supporting documents 8:05am
Biometric details submission 8:15am
Application approved and return of documents 8:45am

it took only 1 hour for everything.
i had no refusals/overstays no gaps beyong the limits.

Hope this details would help somebody....!!!!

Good luck for everyone....!!!

Thanks

Your Details are updated on the Google drive, what a case, You must be a very lucky man, enjoy.. don't drink much

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Dec17 wrote:
Quickreply wrote:
Dec17 wrote:Hi,every one just check my wife Royal Mail tracking finally status changed to on its way I hope it's good news I ll let forum know tomorrow as soon as I recieved the delivery .please every one pray for her ,applied SET (LR) 31/07/2015,Bio Done- 15/08/2015.thx
Hey, good Job the Application got approved, it will be right funny to have rejection coming through pre-paid special delivery.. :D

Enjoy and say my regards to Bhabhi g

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:10 pm

munna007 wrote:
batley12 wrote:Hi Everyone,

A technical query,
My friend and his wife came to UK Together,
his wife was on dependant vissa all along,
they are both completing 10 years in the UK in December,
Can she apply for ILR before he does when they qualify.
Or does she have to wait for her husband to be granted ILR first,

Many Thanks :)

Hi Batley12,
There is no technicality in this case as your friend himself has an individual case and his wife completing 10 years as a dependent has her own independent case therefore both can apply individually on SET LR Form.
I had the same scenerio as me and my wife got our ILR issued couple of days back. We both applied on the same day at PEO Croydon with half an hour gap in appointment time but HO dealt our case separately and it was allocated to different case workers. Therefore, both individuals completing their 10 years long residence will be considered as an Individuals so they should apply separately on SET (LR) form. I hope my answer to your query has cleared the ambiguity.

Thanks Munna 007

rao_27
Newly Registered

Post by rao_27 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi, can someone see my case

hope someone can help me

My application was rejected because of a gap.
My solicitor appealed against the decision and now my hearing is on 12th oct 2015. ( total 11 years)

I came UK on 11th oct 2004 on student visa. I extended my visas without any trouble but in 2009 i had a problem.

My student visa was expiring on 2nd of june 2009 but i applied renewal on 9th june 2009(7 days late), got refused that visa and i had no right of appeal. Then I applied PSW in Sept 2009 and got it in nov 2009.

Last year i applied 10 year long residence and refused HO says you have a gap of 174 days.

My wife is doing phD in university and her course will end in 2018 and is on student visa.

so guys what are the chances of my appeal and on which ground my barrister should go in court.

Regards

sitel24
Newly Registered

Post by sitel24 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:07 am

Can anyone advise me came in on a student visa in 2002 dec .Been renewing till 2012 when applied thru EEA Route Zambrano (parent of British child) i was given 5years residence permit.Am i eligable to apply under 10 YEAR long residence?

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:08 pm

sitel24 wrote:Can anyone advise me came in on a student visa in 2002 dec .Been renewing till 2012 when applied thru EEA Route Zambrano (parent of British child) i was given 5years residence permit.Am i eligable to apply under 10 YEAR long residence?
Why don't you apply after your five years time..? Don't you love your EEA partner anymore..?
I guess you are eligible..

amer115
Newly Registered

Post by amer115 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:04 pm

hi every one again
after seven months of waiting today received email from ukba telling me that i have an interview on the 02 Oct. TM interview Hub
any way four months ago i have done in London at least this one in my home town Manchester
any ideas plz write me back
amer

amer115
Newly Registered

Post by amer115 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:12 pm

hammad14 wrote:Hi All
Finally the TOEIC saga is over, the stay on all TOEIC/ETS cases both in court and home office has been terminated, the home office have started working on all cases we all will be receiving letters for an interview or straight decision from them soon, hope we all get our approval soon, if some of you already have received any letter or approval please share with us

thanks
hi hammad14

today just received email for TM interview hum for the second time i done the first in london and this one in Manchester .

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:23 pm

@Amer115

Second interview !!!, well this is a new one, normally have one interview, you sure they understood what you told them last time. ?

Do update us once you sort it out, would be really interested to know what went wrong last time. until than chilax, and don't stress out, more positive you are, much positive you will act and will get a positive response.

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:58 pm

munna007 wrote:Hello Guys,
Its time to Share Good news with you,Me and my wife ILR (10 years) has been approved today at Croydon Premium service, I have been silent observer at this forum and it helped me alot. I hope this good news would be encouraging for those applying for their ILR on 10 years route

My 10 years=3 years Student+1 year IGS+1 year PSW+2 years Tier 1 general+ 3 years Tier 1 extension
My wife 10 years= She has been my dependent from the 1st entry clearance till the last visa

I submitted SET LR application
1.Covering Letter
2.Application Form
3. Premium Payment Sheet
4. MBA Degree
5. Life in UK certificate

My wife SET LR application
1.Covering Letter
2.Application Form
3. Premium Payment Sheet
4. Trinity College B1 English certificate
5. Life in UK certificate

It just took 2.30 hour from the time I entered HO and went out.
Thanks everyone and best of luck

Very well done, one more slips away.

ahmed faisal
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed faisal » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:28 am

Hi,
Thanks all for supporting each other here. Today Im here to share a good news.

I applied for ILR last year and after 9 monthswaiting UKVI called me for Interview on 09/09/2015 regarding my previous Toeic exam.

Yesterday i got ILR aproval.

Hope this news will give hope who is going through this type of situation.

Thanks again.

sodonm

Post by sodonm » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Congratulations ahmed faisal, enjoy your freedom !! When did you give toeic exam? did you ever used it to extend visas, please let us know

thanks

ahmed faisal
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed faisal » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:58 pm

thanks.
interviews on 9th september 2015.
i used once in 2012 to extend student visa.

tazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by tazkhan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:54 pm

HI ALL!!!!

Congrats Faisal, i have got an interview on Monday any suggestions,

Please share any recent news about interviews, approvals if any.

Many thanks

cadnica
Newly Registered

5.5 months short in 10 years and three dependents

Post by cadnica » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:26 am

Dear all
i will complete my 10 years on 23 march 2016 but my tier 4 visa is expiring on 7th of October 2015. i have three dependents. my wife and my 4 years old son(born here june 2011 and stayed only one year in uk) joined me again last year as tier 4 dependent.my second baby born here july 2015 and i didn't applied for his pakisatni passport. please if you guys suggest me which application i should apply to complete my 10 years as i am short of approx 5.5 months. many thanks

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:11 am

ahmed faisal wrote:thanks.
interviews on 9th september 2015.
i used once in 2012 to extend student visa.

What about other VISAS, have you used ?
If not why not you've used ?
It depends what HO thinks of what you've used?
until than you need to prepare questions/answers regarding what you've used?

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 pm

amer115 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:Hi All
Finally the TOEIC saga is over, the stay on all TOEIC/ETS cases both in court and home office has been terminated, the home office have started working on all cases we all will be receiving letters for an interview or straight decision from them soon, hope we all get our approval soon, if some of you already have received any letter or approval please share with us

thanks
hi hammad14

today just received email for TM interview hum for the second time i done the first in london and this one in Manchester .
Bro Amer115,
This is weird they called you for the second time but do not worry it will be the same sort of interview asking questions about the TOEIC english you have taken.

thanks

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm

tazkhan wrote:HI ALL!!!!

Congrats Faisal, i have got an interview on Monday any suggestions,

Please share any recent news about interviews, approvals if any.

Many thanks
tazkhan,
The interview is hardly 15 minutes and the questions are all about the TOEIC english test, hope your interview goes well and sorry for the late reply.

thanks

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 pm

ahmed faisal wrote:Hi,
Thanks all for supporting each other here. Today Im here to share a good news.

I applied for ILR last year and after 9 monthswaiting UKVI called me for Interview on 09/09/2015 regarding my previous Toeic exam.

Yesterday i got ILR aproval.

Hope this news will give hope who is going through this type of situation.

Thanks again.
Ahmed faisal bro,

Congrats we have been waiting for such news for ages hope we all get ours soon in shaa allah

thanks

mii4
Newly Registered

Post by mii4 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi,

Following on to my case, I have received my SAR to share some of the information and would appreciate if you could guide me to apply for ILR.
quick recap:

during my 10 years stay, once my student visa was refused, given right to appeal, appeal was dismissed, reconsideration was refused and later went for High court appeal. During this period I finished my degree and did apply for PSW and got it. I am on Tier 2 now.

SAR:

my SAR document says:

Immigration Judge Hearing>>Dismissed>>12 Feb 2009.
High Court Reviewer (Filter)>>Refused>>02 Mar 2009
High Court Review>>>>Refused>>03-Aug 2009
PSW>>Application raised on 12-Aug2009>>Grant L.T.R. 15-Sept 2009

Minutes/Notes from PSW case worker:
*Control Immigration*
In Time Application (YES).
--------
Could you please guide me if I would be fine with my ILR application on 10 years long residence.
Would appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Irfan
mii4 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Arsal385,
Many thanks for the feedback and Advice. It makes good sense. I have requested the SAR, do you know how long normally it takes to get SAR info? Would you think if SAR says "no valid visa for "x" period of time (during which my appeal was under consideration) then ILR application has more chances of refusal and if SAR doesn't say such thing or appeal under consideration then it there are good chances with ILR application?

many thanks again for the feedback.

Kind Regards,

SAR usually takes 40 calendar days to arrive. SAR contains huge amount of detailed information. Including case worker remarks on your previous applications, court decision on your appeal etc. There is one summary table which contains information like when was your visa expired and when did you apply for your extension and if there is any gap between two visas, it usually states the reason. Its too early to say anything at the moment, you will need to have a thorough look at your record and decide whether you are OK to apply for ILR without any problem or not.
Many thanks for the information.[/quote]

effell007

Post by effell007 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi All,
Syukur Alhamdulilah. Finally I got my approval today after 1 year miserable waiting. Thanks everyone for all your support and continuously updating the current issues and sharing your experience.

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:25 pm

effell007 wrote:Hi All,
Syukur Alhamdulilah. Finally I got my approval today after 1 year miserable waiting. Thanks everyone for all your support and continuously updating the current issues and sharing your experience.
salam effell007 bro,
Why your application took so long, have you had a TOEIC history as well?

thanks

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:52 pm

hammad14 wrote:
effell007 wrote:Hi All,
salam effell007 bro,
Why your application took so long, have you had a TOEIC history as well?

thanks

You forgot to ask, has he been to any Interview ?
also was his interview came after quite a lot of wait.
basically two things :)

mii4
Newly Registered

Post by mii4 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Just to add on to my quote below, parts of the CID Search Summary Report are as follow:
Applic/Raised Date>> Case Type >> Outcome
19-Jan-07>> Student/student Nurse-LTR>> GRANT- L.T.R.
11-Jan>> Student/student Nurse-LTR>> GRANT- L.T.R.
26-Aug-08>> Student/student Nurse-LTR>> REFUSE L.T.R.- R.O.A.
12-Aug-08>> T1 HS- (Revised)Post Study-Int>> GRANT- L.T.R.
14-Sep-14>> T2 SW- General Migrant- LTR>> GRANT- L.T.R.

mii4 wrote:Hi,

Following on to my case, I have received my SAR to share some of the information and would appreciate if you could guide me to apply for ILR.
quick recap:

during my 10 years stay, once my student visa was refused, given right to appeal, appeal was dismissed, reconsideration was refused and later went for High court appeal. During this period I finished my degree and did apply for PSW and got it. I am on Tier 2 now.

SAR:

my SAR document says:

Immigration Judge Hearing>>Dismissed>>12 Feb 2009.
High Court Reviewer (Filter)>>Refused>>02 Mar 2009
High Court Review>>>>Refused>>03-Aug 2009
PSW>>Application raised on 12-Aug2009>>Grant L.T.R. 15-Sept 2009

Minutes/Notes from PSW case worker:
*Control Immigration*
In Time Application (YES).
--------
Could you please guide me if I would be fine with my ILR application on 10 years long residence.
Would appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Irfan
mii4 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Arsal385,
Many thanks for the feedback and Advice. It makes good sense. I have requested the SAR, do you know how long normally it takes to get SAR info? Would you think if SAR says "no valid visa for "x" period of time (during which my appeal was under consideration) then ILR application has more chances of refusal and if SAR doesn't say such thing or appeal under consideration then it there are good chances with ILR application?

many thanks again for the feedback.

Kind Regards,

SAR usually takes 40 calendar days to arrive. SAR contains huge amount of detailed information. Including case worker remarks on your previous applications, court decision on your appeal etc. There is one summary table which contains information like when was your visa expired and when did you apply for your extension and if there is any gap between two visas, it usually states the reason. Its too early to say anything at the moment, you will need to have a thorough look at your record and decide whether you are OK to apply for ILR without any problem or not.
Many thanks for the information.
[/quote]