ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Survivor07 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Thx for your reply Omor.Will keep you posted.

@svatuk - You need professional advice but from what I believe you should be fine as long as you had valid leave when HSMP was refused because back in the days I remember people used to file for HSMP with valid leave by submitting docs first. Now if you were not granted HSMP and all other subsequent LTR were processed normally then there is no case of deception and moreover you have established private life in UK --you can argue that way in court if it comes down to it.Try to find a solicitor who deals with complex cases of ILR and discuss first all the costs involved including JR otherwise you ll be facing a huge bill plus VAT ( Govt wants it cut :mrgreen: ) like my friend .

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:27 pm

Survivor07 wrote:Thx for your reply Omor.Will keep you posted.

@svatuk - You need professional advice but from what I believe you should be fine as long as you had valid leave when HSMP was refused because back in the days I remember people used to file for HSMP with valid leave by submitting docs first. Now if you were not granted HSMP and all other subsequent LTR were processed normally then there is no case of deception and moreover you have established private life in UK --you can argue that way in court if it comes down to it.Try to find a solicitor who deals with complex cases of ILR and discuss first all the costs involved including JR otherwise you ll be facing a huge bill plus VAT ( Govt wants it cut :mrgreen: ) like my friend .
Hi Survivor
Many thanks for the reply.
You are correct, I was having the valid visa when my HSMP rejected. Except this deception allegation all my record is clean. I have established my private life. Having family with two kids and all. Bought a house and doing a business and my wife is a IT professional. Do you know anyone who can deal these kind of cases most effectively.
Anyway what happened to your friend, you did mentioned at the end of your post.

Regards

svatuk

janazaif
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence application refusal

Post by janazaif » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:10 pm

[quote="shah_ah"]Hi
I got refusal today according to them

“Application of 22 Feb 2008 was rejected on 19 March 2008. You were then given a 28 day period under the provisions of Section 3C of the immigration act 1971 to submit another application. You then submitted a new application on 14 April 2008. This application was also rejected on 9 May 2008. The immigration rules state that if a second application is submitted within 28 days and that is also subsequently rejected, leave will not be extended further under the provision of Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. It is consider that at this point your continuous residence was broken”

janazaif
Newly Registered

Post by janazaif » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Referring shah-ah post, my husband case is same his application for student extension was on time but returned back coz fee was not cut, 2nd time sent but bank statement was older than 28 days so refused, 3rd time CAS was older so sent application with new CAS and it was approved.
After reading shah-ah post we are worried if continuity has been broken or not. Many other people I know have same situation. My husband qualified for 10 years LR and his appeal is in the court, he was about to withdraw his appeal and book same day appointment at Sheffield in next few days but shah-ah case made us extremely worried as he has been refused and got appeal due to second application and was considered it as a gap.Any suggestions please, I'm thankful all of you for making this forum helpful.

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Aazarz wrote:Hi All,

=ILR 10 years long term
=Applied October 2014
=TOEIC have done & used for visa extension on November 2011
=Interview Called & given in London to TM TEAM through SKYPE in first week of September 2015
=Now waiting for HO reply since last 1 month

Plz share the interviews result if there is any.

King Regard
Hi Aazarz

Me and some other members are in the same situation I also did my interview in first week of sep no answer yet keep us posted.

Makbrumiz
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence application refusal

Post by Makbrumiz » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:15 pm

shah_ah wrote:Hi
I got refusal today according to them

“Application of 22 Feb 2008 was rejected on 19 March 2008. You were then given a 28 day period under the provisions of Section 3C of the immigration act 1971 to submit another application. You then submitted a new application on 14 April 2008. This application was also rejected on 9 May 2008. The immigration rules state that if a second application is submitted within 28 days and that is also subsequently rejected, leave will not be extended further under the provision of Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. It is consider that at this point your continuous residence was broken”

came in UK in 05 october 2005. My all applications were on time and granted. Currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur valid until March 2017. they have given me appeal rights.

On 22 February 2008 submitted in time application which was returned on 19 march 2008 asking for further documents that are following
1. Bank statement of my sponsor for last 3 months
2. Letter from my sponsor that he is supporting me in UK
3. Evidence that they have given me money
Home office letter state that “you must return the application using the enclosed return address label. If you do not return your application within 28 days in a manner that complies with all the above mentioned requirements, the application will be invalidated and the fees will be refunded”
Then I sent this application back to Home Office on 14 April 2008 with the application form valid on that date
Then on 9 may 2008 the Home office rejected the application again which was submitted on 14 April 2008 saying that the application must be made using the correct specified form. Keeping in mind the new application form was published on 28 April 2008 but the application was sent on 14 April 2008.

On 29 may 2008 I have sent the application with new application form that was valid for the applications made on or after 28 April 2008 as mentioned in the form but as the application was made on 14 April 2008 which is 14 days before they changed the application form. the application was approved on 24 august 2008

can anyone tell me what should i do? Should I appeal

thanks
Hi,

Have you got your SAR report? If you got what is written there. Is it written reject or any application "out of time"

Thanks

shah_ah
Newly Registered

Post by shah_ah » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi
I don't have SAR report. I did apply for SAR 3 and half months ago but still waiting

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Kmaj and R.S please confirm that you have received your ILR as updated on google drive. Thx

Makbrumiz
Newly Registered

Post by Makbrumiz » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:42 pm

janazaif wrote:Referring shah-ah post, my husband case is same his application for student extension was on time but returned back coz fee was not cut, 2nd time sent but bank statement was older than 28 days so refused, 3rd time CAS was older so sent application with new CAS and it was approved.
After reading shah-ah post we are worried if continuity has been broken or not. Many other people I know have same situation. My husband qualified for 10 years LR and his appeal is in the court, he was about to withdraw his appeal and book same day appointment at Sheffield in next few days but shah-ah case made us extremely worried as he has been refused and got appeal due to second application and was considered it as a gap.Any suggestions please, I'm thankful all of you for making this forum helpful.

Hi,

Have you SAR report? What's saying on SAR report in CID.
HO mentioned just "Reject" or "Out of time application".

Can you please let me know & also time period of from initial application till approved visa.

Thanks

SYED.ZAIDI

SET (LR) docs for dependant

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:15 am

Hi all, i'm dependant of tier2 general and i'm going to apply my set (lr) at premium service in dec 2015. my main applicant has already moved to settlement in sep 2015. please advise which documents i need to submit with my application other then application form, two photos, passports, brp, liuk test, english test... anything else? do i need to mention in covering letter that main applicant has already moved to settlement? does it make sense if i bring main applicant with me at the appointment? please advise.

Aazarz
Newly Registered

Post by Aazarz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 am

K4 wrote:

=ILR 10 years long term
=Applied October 2014
=Interview Called & given in London to TM TEAM through SKYPE in first week of September 2015

King Regard
Hi Aazarz

Me and some other members are in the same situation I also did my interview in first week of sep no answer yet keep us posted.
Hi all & K4,

After whole year for ILR application EFFECTED BY TOEIC finally here is some good
news to share,got my ILR Biometric Card Dated: 28 September 2015 & informed
me by my Lawyer on 02 October 2015.

=Applied October 2014
=Interview 04 September 2015
=Approved,Date on ILR Biometric Card 28 September 2015

I hope & wish for same successful result for all of TOEIC effected applicants.

If any one willing to discus something more will be more then welcome.My E-mail address
is spammer@spam.com

Kind Regard

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:16 am

Survivor07 wrote:Kmaj and R.S please confirm that you have received your ILR as updated on google drive. Thx
Hello mate,

I confirm that i've got my ILR, applied through Postal mode

Thanks

imranjavid
Newly Registered

Post by imranjavid » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 pm

hello k4 and aazarz,

i am in the same situation i have already given my 1st interview in liverpool now i got the 2nd interview call.
what kind of question they ask you both?
and for how long was the interview?

thanks
Aazarz wrote:
K4 wrote:

=ILR 10 years long term
=Applied October 2014

King Regard

dil1982
Newly Registered

Post by dil1982 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:36 pm

hi everyone,
my husband is completing his 10 years in Feb 2016.
he came to UK with one year visa. but the collage was closed. so he continue to stay an applied to a different university before his visa expires. he got 3 years extension. due to money matters he couldnt carry on his studies so he had to leave the university and did not study for one and half years. after that he started a new course and completed it in 2011. now he is under my dependent visa.

we planning to go to premium service in January 2016.

he does not have any gaps but my question is would that be a issue the period he stayed without any studies?

much appreciated your help.

thanks

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:28 pm

@Kmaj

Awwrite M8. Congrats fella ..quick response by HO on straight forward application .

mamujtaba1811
Newly Registered

Post by mamujtaba1811 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:01 pm

hello

1.) I got a visa issue in india 09th Jan 2006 and I entered in the uk 19th Feb 2006 entry clearance.
My question is from which date my 10 years will completed.
Visa issue date in india 09th jan 2006 or 19th feb 2006 entry clearance.

2.) Do i get 28 day grace period in ILR 10 year long residence or i have to complete 10 years.

3.) I have pass Life in UK test 3rd edition in April 2014. I'm applying for ILR in 2016 so in case If 4th edition come do I still have to write Life in UK test again?

can some one answer this questions please.

I appreciate you.

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:20 pm

mamujtaba1811 wrote:hello

1.) I got a visa issue in india 09th Jan 2006 and I entered in the uk 19th Feb 2006 entry clearance.
My question is from which date my 10 years will completed.
Visa issue date in india 09th jan 2006 or 19th feb 2006 entry clearance.

2.) Do i get 28 day grace period in ILR 10 year long residence or i have to complete 10 years.

3.) I have pass Life in UK test 3rd edition in April 2014. I'm applying for ILR in 2016 so in case If 4th edition come do I still have to write Life in UK test again?

can some one answer this questions please.

I appreciate you.
Your time will count from the date of entry to the UK, yes you will get 28 days grace period.
If life in the 4th edition comes then only group members may
Suggest you, other expert will advice on this issue.
Wish you all the best .

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:30 pm

Aazarz wrote:
K4 wrote:

=ILR 10 years long term
=Applied October 2014

King Regard
Hi Aazarz

Hi all & K4,

After whole year for ILR application EFFECTED BY TOEIC finally here is some good
news to share,got my ILR Biometric Card Dated: 28 September 2015 & informed
me by my Lawyer on 02 October 2015.

=Applied October 2014
=Interview 04 September 2015
=Approved,Date on ILR Biometric Card 28 September 2015

I hope & wish for same successful result for all of TOEIC effected applicants.

If any one willing to discus something more will be more then welcome.My E-mail address
is spammer@spam.com

Kind Regard

hi Aazarz

wooowww congrats bro hope we all get our decision soon enough I happy for you.

@imranjavid

I send you an email bro check it hope it helps. What did they asked you in your 1st interview?

imranjavid
Newly Registered

Post by imranjavid » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Hello K4

thanks very much for your comment i have not received any email yet.
on my 1st interview they only asked regarding my english language and life in uk test that interview was only for 10 minutes. now they called me for 2nd interview in london paddington. could you please email me my email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 am

Survivor07 wrote:@Kmaj

Awwrite M8. Congrats fella ..quick response by HO on straight forward application .

Many thanks,

It was anything but straightforward. Its just Allah's Blessing

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:35 pm

svatuk wrote:
Survivor07 wrote:Thx for your reply Omor.Will keep you posted.

@survivor07
Could you please suggest

Hi Survivor
Many thanks for the reply.
You are correct, I was having the valid visa when my HSMP rejected. Except this deception allegation all my record is clean. I have established my private life. Having family with two kids and all. Bought a house and doing a business and my wife is a IT professional. Do you know anyone who can deal these kind of cases most effectively.
Anyway what happened to your friend, you did mentioned at the end of your post.

Regards

svatuk

ffjr414
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ffjr414 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:37 am

Hi all,
i need some suggestion from senior member please. i came in uk in 2006 as a student visa. later on i got PSW at 2011 and then got entrepreneur visa in 2014 and valid until 2017. my wife came in this country in 2011 as my dependent. since 2011 to till now she is my dependent. now i will apply for ILR next year.as i am in entrepreneur visa . shall i need to submit any business document with my application? and after my ILR what type of visa can apply my wife ? and what documents need to submit with her application?

Thanks in advance.

Makbrumiz
Newly Registered

Post by Makbrumiz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi,

Grace of Allah I have received call from Solicitor, he has received documents from HO approval of my ILR and Inshallah soon receive BRP.

I am very thankful to all members to helping me out for my ILR and also keep carry on working and helping the other fellows.

You guys are doing good job.

Timeline:
Application: 24/07/2015
Biometric received: 29/07/2015
Biometric Done: 03/08/2015
Approval: 07/10/2015
BRP: Waiting hopefully receive in few days.

Thanks

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 pm

@Mak

Congrats Geez. As I said you should be getting good news in couple of weeks. Bruv your case was appeal withdrawn and file for ILR same day right.

10 yrs victory is something only people in the same boat like you will realize. Enjoy your freedom.

Regards

Survivor

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:10 am

Makbrumiz wrote:Hi,

Grace of Allah I have received call from Solicitor, he has received documents from HO approval of my ILR and Inshallah soon receive BRP.

I am very thankful to all members to helping me out for my ILR and also keep carry on working and helping the other fellows.

You guys are doing good job.

Timeline:
Application: 24/07/2015
Biometric received: 29/07/2015
Biometric Done: 03/08/2015
Approval: 07/10/2015
BRP: Waiting hopefully receive in few days.

Thanks
Congratulation ... Enjoy your freedom.

I apllied 4 dayes before your application .
Please pray for me @ everyone .