ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKBA (EEA2)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thewhittaker
Newly Registered

Post by thewhittaker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:16 pm

I've requested passports back on Friday 6th Sep and got them today 10th Sep.

EEA2 (Surinder Singh) sent: 22nd Jul 2013
Received by HO: 23rd Jul 2013
Payment deducted: 24th Jul 2013
COA (with rights to work): 4th Aug 2013 (dated 31st Jul 2013)
RC - waiting...
Request passports: 6th Sep 2013
Received passports: 10th Sep 2013

They sent them via Royal Mail envelope I sent them with EEA2 application.

Just wondering when do I have to send passports back to them or I just wait for them to contact me, anyone?

In the envelope, there's only a letter saying that your passports are returned as per your request etc...no other information enclosed.

Thanks!

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Congrats to those who got your passports back and so quickly! You are very, very lucky!
I am still waiting, it's been 27 working days since my first request and 6 since the second one.
I am starting to panic as nothing is happening and no news and I have to travel for work!
Also, the online request status checker tool is not working! It pops up the same message just changing the case number... And today I put in an invented name and details and I still got the message that they received the application successfully!!! This is scandalous!!!

Does anyone know ant higher force UKBA might be affraid of? Euro parliament?

wanyu1229
Newly Registered

Post by wanyu1229 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:09 pm

merenneitto wrote:Congrats to those who got your passports back and so quickly! You are very, very lucky!
I am still waiting, it's been 27 working days since my first request and 6 since the second one.
I am starting to panic as nothing is happening and no news and I have to travel for work!
Also, the online request status checker tool is not working! It pops up the same message just changing the case number... And today I put in an invented name and details and I still got the message that they received the application successfully!!! This is scandalous!!!

Does anyone know ant higher force UKBA might be affraid of? Euro parliament?
merenneitto, If I were you I'd call and request the following:

a) Which date did your two requests enter their system? This is important because mine entered 3-4 days after I sent the email and they did manage to send my passport back within 20 working days from their entry date of my first request.

b) Can they drop an email to the case worker team and help you with the request? This would definitely help. But remember be very very polite.

Sorry about your story. I really share the feeling as I was almost panicking during the long wait.

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 pm

wanyu
Thank you so much for the words of support and help!

I got my passport today!

My timeline:
Requested #1: 05/08/2013
Requested #2: 03/09/2013
Received: 11/09/2013

Good luck to everyone.

PS
I received only my passport, but not my EEA husband's. He requested his on 05/08/2013 as well, but did not repeat his request.

natasha1985
Newly Registered

Post by natasha1985 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:55 pm

I wonder if anybody could advise me? My husband posted his EEA2 application off to UKBA on 3rd September 2013 & they received it on 4th September, he then received his COA on 13th September, dated 10th September. He is a Turkish national, and I am an Irish citizen living in Belfast. His EEA Family Permit expired on 13th September 2013. We have considered travelling back to Turkey in November time (no flights booked yet) as i have just had a baby boy & would like his family to see him soon, and we had wanted to request to get both our passports back for this. My question is (sorry its so long-winded!) can we request our passports back without cancelling our application? Someone told me that due to him being Turkish, requesting documents back would automatically cancel the application?? As obviously i wouldn't be wanting to withdraw our application. Also as his EEA FP has expired and we are awaiting an outcome on his EEA2 application, can he travel back & forth from Belfast to Turkey with no problem at immigration? And lastly, if we do get the passports returned, do we need to then send them back to UKBA after we return home again? I enclosed a special delivery envelope in my application so would they just use this? So sorry for such a long message, but just wondering if anyone could help me! Thanks in advance!! :)

NLNZUK
Newly Registered

Post by NLNZUK » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:39 am

Ehm YAIKS

My wife applied for a RC in July she's a non-EU passport holder
I'm an EEA national so we've applied under the EEA2 route
CoA was received promptly

Now we would like to have her passport back for travel but when I use that new form it states:

I confirm the information supplied is complete, true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if I withdraw my application and have already paid a fee, the fee will not be refunded. I understand that if I ask for my documents back, this may delay the processing of my application.

I understand that I can only request my document back for travel if I have made an application for British nationality, or an application as a European national including Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals. For all other applications, I must withdraw my application if I want to travel outside of the Common Travel Area (The UK, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).

Except for 'European nationals', 'Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals' or 'Nationality' applications, if I ask for my document back for identity purposes and then travel outside of the Common Travel Area, I understand that my application will be automatically withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded.

Does this mean that requesting her passport back to travel will withdraw the EEA2 application??? :evil:

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 pm

No, it already says with exception to European nationals, you can request your passport without withdrawing your application.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi there,

Me and wifey will be applying for EEA1&2 on 15 oct. But we would need our passports back ASAP.

Can we send the request of passport with the application or we should wait till the COA is issued and then request back.

Thanks

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm

ice_breaker wrote:Hi there,

Me and wifey will be applying for EEA1&2 on 15 oct. But we would need our passports back ASAP.

Can we send the request of passport with the application or we should wait till the COA is issued and then request back.

Thanks
You should write an accompanying letter with your application, stating that you wish to have your passports returned as soon as possible explaining your reasons. I will assume you are a non visa national.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:39 pm

dalebutt wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:Hi there,

Thanks
You should write an accompanying letter with your application, stating that you wish to have your passports returned as soon as possible explaining your reasons. I will assume you are a non visa national.
Thanks dalebutt.

anamwang
Newly Registered

passport back

Post by anamwang » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:16 am

Hi everyone, can anyone share a phone number with me.
I am trying to get my passport back desperately, however no luck via email or mail. Anyone has a phone number for Liverpool UKBA that I can call to in order to get my papers back?
Thank you very much!

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:47 pm

They won't give you any audience on the phone, other than keep sending the return request, you should send the request repeatedly with strong words, you should get your mp involved, just keep at them you will eventually get it

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Re: passport back

Post by merenneitto » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:09 pm

anamwang wrote:Hi everyone, can anyone share a phone number with me.
I am trying to get my passport back desperately, however no luck via email or mail. Anyone has a phone number for Liverpool UKBA that I can call to in order to get my papers back?
Thank you very much!

option 1 and then 2

I am not sure they help, but at least they can tell you if your request has been processed or not. Maybe you can ask them nicely to send a reminder/chaser e-mail to the department dealing withy it.
The people answering the phone are really there to answer the phone, that's it. I don't thinkg they have time for anything else... Even if the number is hidden they must still be getting tons of calls.
In any case, you should resubmit your request again if they have not returned the passport within the promised time frame.

Good luck!

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Just a quick question. . I will be applying soon for eea2 and will require my passport for travel purpose. Wants to know if i request the return of passport in cover letter which I will send with eea2 application. do I still need to use the online form

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:29 am

Good people please kindly advice.

i requested back for my passport on the 19th last month and up till now i havent received it.

i am meant to travel urgently by the 3st which i have ad to postpone till 20th of this month. i have sent the rod form and also sent out the reminder.
it is EEA2 application.

i have also sent an email to liverpool Please advice on what i can do next as i have jst 19days left before i travel.

my EEa national (dad) sent the email on my behalf. i am dependant (nigeria)

bokked and paid for flight from manchester - amsterdam - lagos and i just called the nigerian embassy and they said i cant use emergency travel certificate because the flight is not direct to lagos.

i also tried the 01516725626 BUT no answer

MariPP
Newly Registered

Post by MariPP » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 pm

natasha1985 wrote:I wonder if anybody could advise me? My husband posted his EEA2 application off to UKBA on 3rd September 2013 & they received it on 4th September, he then received his COA on 13th September, dated 10th September. He is a Turkish national, and I am an Irish citizen living in Belfast. His EEA Family Permit expired on 13th September 2013. We have considered travelling back to Turkey in November time (no flights booked yet) as i have just had a baby boy & would like his family to see him soon, and we had wanted to request to get both our passports back for this. My question is (sorry its so long-winded!) can we request our passports back without cancelling our application? Someone told me that due to him being Turkish, requesting documents back would automatically cancel the application?? As obviously i wouldn't be wanting to withdraw our application. Also as his EEA FP has expired and we are awaiting an outcome on his EEA2 application, can he travel back & forth from Belfast to Turkey with no problem at immigration? And lastly, if we do get the passports returned, do we need to then send them back to UKBA after we return home again? I enclosed a special delivery envelope in my application so would they just use this? So sorry for such a long message, but just wondering if anyone could help me! Thanks in advance!! :)
You can request the passport back without withdrawing the application and in case they do need the passport back, they will contact you. Email them at LNC22RODsInbox@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

natasha1985
Newly Registered

Post by natasha1985 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:49 pm

Thats fab, thanks very much MariPP! :)

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi,
If anyone can help ?

I submitted my EEA4 application on 16th May 2013 but i am still waiting for it to be decided.

Now I need to travel by end of next month if someone can help me to request my passport back please.

Is this online or i have to fill the form and attach it to UKBA ?

Thanks

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:24 pm

You can request return of your passport by completing this form : https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:31 pm

dalebutt wrote:You can request return of your passport by completing this form : https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
Thanks for reply !
what i should select in "Category of application" ? only option i can see is European national but i am not EU National

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:35 pm

You have to select the European national, you are in that category.

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:36 pm

dalebutt wrote:You have to select the European national, you are in that category.
ok dalebutt,
Do you know how long it takes ?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:40 pm

It could take between 5 days and 20 working days or more depending on luck. Some people get it faster whilst some has had to fight to have it returned back to them.

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks Dalebutt !

I have submitted the request now, will see how long it takes.

Regards

amino2005
Newly Registered

Post by amino2005 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 pm

hi,
I have been reading posts in here and I have requested my passport to be returned on 3rd of November, I used both email and online form and they have received them and i called them they said its been sent and I should receive it today or tomorrow, according to the person on the phone. so I guess its good to send an email and also submit the form and chase it by calling them, and ensure it has been logged into the system. remember be polite, you have more chances to get answers by the adviser on the phone.
the only issue i have no is because they are sending me back my new passport which hasnt got any residence card on it (I have requested both on the form), but they are only sending my new passport, does anyone know if I can travel back without my residence card (I am a visa national), any advice on this , I have my COA and have copy of marriage certificate, and also copies of old passport with residence card on it. any online document saying that I could travel back without visa since I will be joining my wife who is gonna be here.
thank you