ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thurston
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by thurston » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Am sending my application but am not certain if its Ok to send a computer scanned and printed copy of a certificate or does it have to be a photocopy? :?

BrexitHater
Newly Registered

Post by BrexitHater » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:01 pm

thurston wrote:Am sending my application but am not certain if its Ok to send a computer scanned and printed copy of a certificate or does it have to be a photocopy? :?
Neither. It has to be the original! Long form too, no shortened certificates.

If you don't have it, you can order a replacement for about £9ish

thurston
Newly Registered

Post by thurston » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Thanks.
I have the originals OK (cert copies) but need to supply photocopies as well I see. So am not sure if a scan and printed copy from my PC is acceptable. (I did photocopies of most but forgot some!)

BrexitHater
Newly Registered

Post by BrexitHater » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:27 pm

thurston wrote:Thanks.
I have the originals OK (cert copies) but need to supply photocopies as well I see. So am not sure if a scan and printed copy from my PC is acceptable. (I did photocopies of most but forgot some!)
Ah, do you mean the certified photocopies? Scan and print should be fine (it's what I did!) - the key thing is that your upstanding witness is attesting that it's an identical copy, so as long as their signature is an original on the printout, I'd say that's better than a printout from a "photocopier" as it'll be better quality too.

thurston
Newly Registered

Post by thurston » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:32 pm

Ah...good one.
I believe only one item needs to be certified copy-my own UK passport.
So I can ask the priest who signed my photos to do this.
She has asked me to design the crucifix design on her new glass doors as a 'thank you' so am sure she will do so ...again!

bigdogjono
Newly Registered

Post by bigdogjono » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:55 pm

i recieved mine today
applied twelth of december
date on cert 14th june
arrived 30th june

BrexitHater
Newly Registered

Post by BrexitHater » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:32 pm

bigdogjono wrote:i recieved mine today
applied twelth of december
date on cert 14th june
arrived 30th june
Oooh yay congratulations! Mine was received on 16th December so if you've just received yours... mine could be next week :) *fingers crossed*

bigdogjono
Newly Registered

Post by bigdogjono » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:33 am

they appear to post them out roughly every two weeks at the start/end and then the middle of the month in a regular cycle so i suspect you will get your on the 15th 16th 17th of july

carl01472
Newly Registered

Post by carl01472 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:47 am

Like many, I have been a long time reader eagerly awaiting other members updates that would give me a clue about how long my application may take, well today (30th June 2017) I can add my receipt of a Foreign Birth Registration Certificate to the pile. So here are the details:
12th December 2016 application received at London Embassy.
23rd December 2016 cashiers cheque banked.
14th June date on accompanying letter.
15th June date shown on certificate.
29th June Envelope posted.
30th June Envelope received BRILLIANT!!!
Hope this helps some other forum members just like I was reassured when reading of others successful applications.
One final note that people may find useful, I could not find anyone from the list of “approved” occupations that could witness my application, I contacted the embassy and asked if my dentist could act as witness instead, I was pleased to receive an email back confirming that my dentist could act as witness. If anyone else is having the same difficulty finding a witness try contacting the embassy, they may just say “Yes”.

Good luck everyone, Carl.

judgefredd
Newly Registered

Post by judgefredd » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:06 pm

porjuk wrote:
judgefredd wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick update for you on my predicament (just in case anyone else is in a similar spot) - I went to the embassy this morning to be told that I should get a doctor's note confirming I am having a child in four months which apparently will expedite the process. My wife is getting a note shortly and I will have a copy of my wife's passport certified by my witness and attach both to my application. This should show a clear chain from me to my wife to my unborn child. I am hopeful this will get me there but with bureaucracy you just never know......
Hi judgefredd,

I'm in exactly the same position as you, I've got a child due in mid November and only realised this week that my FBR needs to be processed before the child's birth for them to have the same entitlement. I've got everything ready to be sent off not but with the timescales detailed on this thread I'm not too optimistic. I was thinking of attaching a covering letter detailing my position as I haven't spoken to the London embassy direct. Did they say anything specific RE what should be on the doctors note? I assuming my wife's name, due date, address and DOB which would then tie up with the information on our wedding cert? Did they say the certified copy of her passport was also required? Any advice you could provide would be gratefully received. Good luck with your application.
Hi mate. They gave very little info. They just want proof that you're having a child. In the end I went with a certified copy of my wife's 20 week scan results which gives name, address, confirmation of pregnancy and due date. Then a certified copy of her passport although this may not be required. Guess we'll see in a few months if it worked....... Good luck with yours.

porjuk
Newly Registered

Post by porjuk » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:06 am

judgefredd wrote:
porjuk wrote:
judgefredd wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick update for you on my predicament (just in case anyone else is in a similar spot) - I went to the embassy this morning to be told that I should get a doctor's note confirming I am having a child in four months which apparently will expedite the process. My wife is getting a note shortly and I will have a copy of my wife's passport certified by my witness and attach both to my application. This should show a clear chain from me to my wife to my unborn child. I am hopeful this will get me there but with bureaucracy you just never know......
Hi judgefredd,

I'm in exactly the same position as you, I've got a child due in mid November and only realised this week that my FBR needs to be processed before the child's birth for them to have the same entitlement. I've got everything ready to be sent off not but with the timescales detailed on this thread I'm not too optimistic. I was thinking of attaching a covering letter detailing my position as I haven't spoken to the London embassy direct. Did they say anything specific RE what should be on the doctors note? I assuming my wife's name, due date, address and DOB which would then tie up with the information on our wedding cert? Did they say the certified copy of her passport was also required? Any advice you could provide would be gratefully received. Good luck with your application.
Hi mate. They gave very little info. They just want proof that you're having a child. In the end I went with a certified copy of my wife's 20 week scan results which gives name, address, confirmation of pregnancy and due date. Then a certified copy of her passport although this may not be required. Guess we'll see in a few months if it worked....... Good luck with yours.
Many thanks for the reply judgefredd. We struggled to get a doctors note, so in the end I sent my wife's maternity certificate (MAT B1 form) along with a photocopy of her passport (not certified though as we couldn't get it down in time) and highlighted the situation in a covering letter. Am hoping the fact that her details on the passport tie up with the MAT B1 and our wedding cert should be enough. Fingers crossed we've both done i enough to speed things up. I'll be sure to post back here when I hear back from them. All the best.

msry5cw2
Newly Registered

Post by msry5cw2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi - has anyone had difficult getting their FBR/ Original documents through post? I have been told by Embassy via email that they have been posted back in June from Dublin, but am yet to receive them and can see other people on this thread have. Given the few weeks time lag i am giving up hope they are ever going to arrive. Obviously this is very concerning given the amount of information in the documents - embassy pretty unresponsive to email - days of gaps at a time and i can't get through on phone.. no tracking number either...

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:40 am

docha wrote:
abundantbee wrote:My husband has received an email from the London embassy telling him that his FBR application has been sent to Dublin, and is at an 'Advanced Stage' of processing. FYI he sent his application on 4 October and it was received on 5 October. Hopefully he might get his certificate by the end of April.
That is good news for you! If I may ask, did your husband receive the email without sending any inquiry from his end?

Are we, applicants, able to send inquiries to the embassy to check on the status or our FBR applications? I ask because I am scheduled to move out of the country in about 3 weeks and I sent my application off on December 15 (received by them on Dec 16). Wonder what I should do.
Hi

I was wondering how you got on with this?

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:41 am

I was wondering if anyone has had to move address while waiting for their FBR? Is it possible to simply redirect the mail? Is it sent via signed for delivery? Thanks

Celticatheart
Newly Registered

Post by Celticatheart » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:56 am

Bluey105 wrote:I was wondering if anyone has had to move address while waiting for their FBR? Is it possible to simply redirect the mail? Is it sent via signed for delivery? Thanks
My FBR and return of docs was by ordinary mail in a A4 sized cardboard backed envelope (like used for Photos). I did get an email the day before saying they had been despatched that day which was great as meant I was able to be at the door to greet the postman, as it wouldn't have fitted my letter box without being folded. The postie could see how happy I was to get it and the next day I was in Dublin with a pint of Guinness in hand.....

I'm currently waiting on my passport which should be special delivery and will need signing for because I included a pre paid special delivery bag in my application.

KeMcS
Newly Registered

Post by KeMcS » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi all. I applied for FBR on 3rd January 2017, I was hoping to have received it back by mid August. I emailed the Dublin embassy as I had been told my application was sent there due to backlog in London. They have told me they received the application on 17th may! That's 4 1/2 months after I sent it. They basically said the waiting time is 6 months from when they receive it! Has anyone else had there application sent to Dublin and had a longer waiting time?? Getting worried it won't be back this year!!

Michjmc
Newly Registered

Post by Michjmc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi,I was too quite worried in the length of time it's taken - I applied on 22nd Dec and today received a reply from Dublin to say I have been entered on fbr on 26 June . I've waited exactly 7 months- so a couple of more weeks until I actually receive the documents.
Mine too were sent off to Dublin approx 4 or so months after they were received in London .
I would expect from time lines I've seen yours are of a similar batch to mine that yours should be sorted in next 2 weeks.

You can email dublin direct to see if you get more of an update from them rather than London
ppoclonfbr@dfa.ie

Best of luck

Michjmc
Newly Registered

Post by Michjmc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 pm

KeMcS wrote:Hi all. I applied for FBR on 3rd January 2017, I was hoping to have received it back by mid August. I emailed the Dublin embassy as I had been told my application was sent there due to backlog in London. They have told me they received the application on 17th may! That's 4 1/2 months after I sent it. They basically said the waiting time is 6 months from when they receive it! Has anyone else had there application sent to Dublin and had a longer waiting time?? Getting worried it won't be back this year!!
Hi, the six months begins when London receive it Dublin shouldn't has mis informed you of that.
I've had a few generic responses.
I wouldn't worry too much as I have just been informed by them that I was entered on 26th June and it was received in London on 22 dec- in similar timeline to you.
I would leave it a week or two and email again - you'll prob have someone new reply with completely different response.
Mine too went off to Dublin 4 or so months ago.

Best of luck

Michjmc
Newly Registered

Post by Michjmc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:29 pm

msry5cw2 wrote:Hi - has anyone had difficult getting their FBR/ Original documents through post? I have been told by Embassy via email that they have been posted back in June from Dublin, but am yet to receive them and can see other people on this thread have. Given the few weeks time lag i am giving up hope they are ever going to arrive. Obviously this is very concerning given the amount of information in the documents - embassy pretty unresponsive to email - days of gaps at a time and i can't get through on phone.. no tracking number either...
As I understand it the general wait for your documents is approx four weeks after your entered into fbr , they get send back to London from Dublin mostly then sent on to you.
Hope this helps.

Bluey105

Post by Bluey105 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:03 am

Celticatheart wrote:
Bluey105 wrote:I was wondering if anyone has had to move address while waiting for their FBR? Is it possible to simply redirect the mail? Is it sent via signed for delivery? Thanks
My FBR and return of docs was by ordinary mail in a A4 sized cardboard backed envelope (like used for Photos). I did get an email the day before saying they had been despatched that day which was great as meant I was able to be at the door to greet the postman, as it wouldn't have fitted my letter box without being folded. The postie could see how happy I was to get it and the next day I was in Dublin with a pint of Guinness in hand.....

I'm currently waiting on my passport which should be special delivery and will need signing for because I included a pre paid special delivery bag in my application.
Thanks for that!

I sent mine off mid-May, so it looks as though I will get mine in December. As I have not heard anything from them so far, I would presume it is all OK?

happilychilled
Newly Registered

Post by happilychilled » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:53 pm

My application was received in London on 27th February and was then sent onto Dublin due to the backlogs etc.
I've just had an email from the man in Dublin who is looking after my application as he needed to confirm something from my witness used in the application. This he did over the phone and informed me that the application would now be forwarded for approval. I asked how long that would take from here and he said 5-6 weeks due to the backlog so it looks like I've been approved but it won't be official for a few more weeks. I'll then probably have to wait another couple of weeks for the certificat to arrive with me, as per others experience, so time frame seems to be 6 months still.
I'm pleased it looks like I've been approved though

acf165
Newly Registered

Post by acf165 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:10 am

I've received my certificate!!

Timeline:
March 2, 2017: Submitted application online
March 20, 2017: Documents received in Dublin
May 5, 2017: E-mailed FBR office to check on status
June 13, 2017: Response to e-mail received, application will be finalised within six weeks
June 21, 2017: Date of entry into the FBR
July 3, 2017: Documents received (Boston area)

It does appear to be a bit quicker from the US. I'm a UK citizen applying via Boston.

KeMcS
Newly Registered

Post by KeMcS » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:08 pm

So today I received an email response saying my application had been approved and all documents would be sent back in the next few weeks! Thank god! :D

No won to passport application. At the minute it says a turnaround time of 14 weeks(minimum) for first time applicants :o
Does anybody know if we first time applicants can use the passport express service in Liverpool? And if so doesn't it get processed in accordance to those turnaround times or still the first time applicants?

Many thanks in advance x

BrexitHater
Newly Registered

Post by BrexitHater » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:14 pm

I got that very same email today! :)

KeMcS
Newly Registered

Post by KeMcS » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:27 pm

BrexitHater wrote:I got that very same email today! :)
When did you apply Brexithater??