ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:13 pm

has anyone been asked 2 provide photos of wedding

HUDSONBRS
Newly Registered

ameyalondon

Post by HUDSONBRS » Sat May 02, 2009 11:07 pm

ameyalondon.
Yes and Of course you have to wait for COA Certificate Of Application.
You just can work full time only if the Home Office send the COA Authorizing you to do so. Otherwise you cant work full time and I don't believe that any employer will hire you full time without COA 'cause it's against law. Unfortunately this is how it works by law and once again you have to wait to the Home Office authorizing you to do so.
Good Luck anyway.

reda
Member of Standing

urgent help

Post by reda » Sun May 03, 2009 3:07 pm

hi aamir4vg,kampk121
i relly need ur help can u send for me acopy of ur complaint about delay in eea2 it will be great
thank you very much indeed
my email [mmmamiamartunia@googlemail.com]

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Latest

Post by aamir4ug » Mon May 04, 2009 4:08 pm

ok things have changed in two weeks... As i have mention early, i have complained to my MP also... so what happen is that i have receive letter from HO apologizing on being late and giving the reason that they have change the office to other city and as now my case is allocated to case worker. i called two days ago and been told that my case is under consideration. I also receive letter from MP that they have approach HO for the case.... Now i m waiting for the cloud to settle down.

prana
Newly Registered

Post by prana » Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 am

edwards79 wrote:has anyone been asked 2 provide photos of wedding
yes mate, last week i received a letter from HO asking for wedding pics, i applied in may 08 :(

reda
Member of Standing

Re: urgent help

Post by reda » Tue May 05, 2009 9:52 am

hi,I applied for my eea2 on 7 th june 2008 and i received my coa on 9 august till now i didn't hear nothing from ho, yesterday i sent complaint by e-mail my question is
do u think is enough or i should fax and post the complaint as well!?

prana
Newly Registered

Re: urgent help

Post by prana » Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 am

reda wrote:hi,I applied for my eea2 on 7 th june 2008 and i received my coa on 9 august till now i didn't hear nothing from ho, yesterday i sent complaint by e-mail my question is
do u think is enough or i should fax and post the complaint as well!?
hi,
wait for a week or so, coz i did the same thing and they replied to me after a week, if no reply after 10 days write them a letter and send it by recorded delivery.
thx

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Re: Latest

Post by ameyalondon » Tue May 05, 2009 9:25 pm

hello guys i submitted on 27 march 09 for eea2. heard nothing so far frm HO any idea hw long for CoA?

anybuddy submitted about similar time got reply?

caseman
Newly Registered

Post by caseman » Wed May 06, 2009 11:33 am

ameyalondon wrote:hello guys i submitted on 27 march 09 for eea2. heard nothing so far frm HO any idea hw long for CoA?

anybuddy submitted about similar time got reply?
I submitted 9 Jan 09 and received CoA dated 16 April 09.

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Wed May 06, 2009 1:02 pm

hello Caseman.. thx a lot for ur reply . Just one question

is this the certificate which let u work full time anywhere?

is this the acknowledgement letter or CoA? or both these things is one paper? sorry i m asking coz a bit confused,heard diferent things from differnt people.

regards

caseman
Newly Registered

Post by caseman » Wed May 06, 2009 3:59 pm

It states Certificate of Application as the subject of the letter but it is very generic (for example, it states "thank you for your application for Residence Card or Permanent Residence Card").

It does not state anything specifically about being evidence of my right to work in the UK. In this sense it appears to be shortened version of the previous CoAs that were issued because I understand these used to set out in detail that employers should accept the letter as evidence of the right to work in the UK.

Despite all of this my employer has taken the letter as evidence of my right to continue working in the UK so it has worked for me.

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Wed May 06, 2009 9:02 pm

hey caseman

thx for reply.

my only worry is i m on students visa at the moment, my employer seems to offer me full time work. however by law am i allowed to work full time after getting CoA?

unfiortunately i m not like many others on family permit ..

HUDSONBRS
Newly Registered

Complaint addrees EEA2 Liverpool

Post by HUDSONBRS » Thu May 07, 2009 1:51 am

Complaint addrees EEA2 in Liverpool
Hi all,
Does anyone know the address to send a complaint about EEA2 to Liverpool?
I've contacted MP, Home Office by fax email and now I want to send a registered letter.

Thank You.[/b]

aussiegirl

Current EEA2 waiting times - 10-12 months

Post by aussiegirl » Thu May 07, 2009 11:37 am

Hiya - to add my case to the long long list of others. I applied for the EEA2 Residence Card on 7 November 2008. Today, exactly 6 months has passed since my application was received. On calling the UK Border Agency (+44 8450 105 200; make sure you wait out the first 'three options' question, then wait for the second set of options and press 2), I was told that the current processing time is 10 to 12 months - clearly in breach of EU regulations, and no help at all to me as I have several overseas work trips coming up and will likely not be allowed back into the UK without my (unmarried) EU partner to accompany me.

Please make sure you persist when you finally do get through to someone on the phone. The call centre workers have clearly been instructed only to let out information when requested. First of all I was told, "your application is under consideration". Of course. That was as much information as she was willing to give out. So I asked how long it would take. "We don't have that information" etc. etc. until finally the 10-12 months average processing time was revealed. I stated that this was in breach of EU regulations, and was told that they are aware of it. I asked for somewhere to complain, and received all the numbers, addresses, faxes and email addresses that have been posted elsewhere.

I intend to start complaining today, try and get SOLVIT involved (not sure how) and let you know how it goes.

shasri
Newly Registered

Post by shasri » Thu May 07, 2009 1:46 pm

ameyalondon wrote: my only worry is i m on students visa at the moment, my employer seems to offer me full time work. however by law am i allowed to work full time after getting CoA? unfiortunately i m not like many others on family permit ..
hi ameya, i'm in the same boat as you, do you have any new info on this? i guess you can argue you are here because your partner/spouse is exercising EU treaty rights and so you have the right to work - the residency certificate is only confirmation of this right, it does not give the right (or not give it). But that might be hard for an employer to prove.

As an example of employer requirements, someone also posted this on a different thread when replying to me:
http://www.employability.uea.ac.uk/stud ... uments.pdf

"A certificate of application issued by the Home Office or the Border and Immigration Agency to or for a family member of a national of a European Economic Area country or Switzerland stating that the holder is permitted to take employment which is less than 6 months old when produced in combination with evidence of verification by the Border and Immigration Agency Employer Checking Service."

Of course, if the new COA doesn't mention the right to work, this makes it tough...

aussiegirl

Post by aussiegirl » Thu May 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Ameya and Shasri,

I just started a new job, and as you quoted below, the CoA IS one of the pieces of information that you can show to prove that you are entitled to work, even though it says NOTHING about being able to work in the UK. BUT it must have been issued within the last six months (I assume because they think everyone gets their Residence Cards within six months - yeah RIGHT!).

I produced by CoA and original passport (I sent only a certified copy to the UK Border Agency as I refused to be without it for 6++ months) and my current employers were satisfied with that. There is a HR managers case book that they abide by, which includes every single type of accetable visa.

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Thu May 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Hello Shasri and Ausigirl

Thx a lot for ur info.

Shasri, i went on website u gave me and noticed one point in our favour. which says u can take employment -------if----- A certificate of application issued by the Home Office or the Border and
Immigration Agency to or for a family member of a national of a European
Economic Area country or Switzerland stating that the holder is permitted
to take employment which is less than 6 months old when produced in
combination with evidence of verification by the Border and Immigration
Agency Employer Checking Service.

however I am stressed about being on students visa, i think I should call few different soilicitors and homeoffice as well on differnt occasions (we can take down their name,time,date for evidence) fo confirmation of this.

will keep u guys updated, n keep informing guys

regards

augusto
Newly Registered

Post by augusto » Thu May 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Wohoo!! I received my COA today!. I send the application on the 14th of April, and the HO sent the COA on the 2nd of May (it took about 6 weeks). Now to wait 7.5 months to get the Visa :)

aussiegirl

Post by aussiegirl » Thu May 07, 2009 8:28 pm

Ameya, I don't think it matters whether you are on a student visa now or not. Once you get the CoA, that confirms your right to work in the UK. However, in that horrible in between period between applying and receiving the CoA, you cannot prove the right to work. Your employer is liable for a huge fine if they hire you without checking your visas and it turns out you don't have the paperwork; for this reason most companies are very stringent with their checks. Employers typically need to prove that they have checked once every six months.

Definitely a good idea to get advice from professionals in the field if you are nervous - best of luck.

kampk121

EEA2 ARRIVED

Post by kampk121 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:45 pm

hi guys I got my RC last Friday :lol: . was on Holiday just came 2day to let u guys know. I applied 7th of july08 and got the RC after 9 months and 3 weeks. it was a hard time but its over now. thankx for the peoples who helped me and gave me the courge. Great Forum....
good luck to all.
patience pays off.....
any questions? welcome... :lol:

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Fri May 08, 2009 2:20 am

augusto wrote:Wohoo!! I received my COA today!. I send the application on the 14th of April, and the HO sent the COA on the 2nd of May (it took about 6 weeks). Now to wait 7.5 months to get the Visa :)

hey augusto,

many congrats.

wat doees CoA mention?

regards

shasri
Newly Registered

Post by shasri » Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am

ameyalondon wrote: wat doees CoA mention?
Certificate of Application from the Home Office, which should be helpful in convincing an employer of your right to live and work in the UK if less than six months old. However, they may require more as aussiegirl explained, as it is a legal risk to them.

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Fri May 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Hello guys,

I received my CoA today finally.

good news is it mentions that I am allowed to work and live in Uk. great.

Now fase 2 to wait for RC. thx for ur support and information

good luck

regards

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue May 12, 2009 10:45 am

hi everybody,i complained recently to the ho about eea2 delay (whish took more then 11 months) by e-mail and i received their reply where they said my complaint has been passed to relvant casework departement for action and they will contact me directly
after 10 days nothing happen!i still waitting or i should call them instead
if i decide to call them one time each week is it okey or i abuse the systeme
thank u 4 u time

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Wed May 13, 2009 5:15 pm

reda wrote:hi everybody,i complained recently to the ho about eea2 delay (whish took more then 11 months) by e-mail and i received their reply where they said my complaint has been passed to relvant casework departement for action and they will contact me directly
after 10 days nothing happen!i still waitting or i should call them instead
if i decide to call them one time each week is it okey or i abuse the systeme
thank u 4 u time
Reda i will like U to contact ur MP and send in another complain form. Stating as it is very urgent for u.
Kampk i have receive the letter asking for the documents again... Now How long it took for U whn they ask for ur documents.....

For every one waiting my advise will be contact them again and again every week and send in complain form every 3rd week coz they only reply to those who contact them... involve whom ever U thin good for U like solvet which i haven't coz not know how to do it......