ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stay0
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Post by Stay0 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:52 am

Stay0 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:44 am
meself2 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:02 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:33 pm
It could be a long old haul for me as I've decided to go down the association route.
Could be, but possibly they can let you be in line with others, taking your residence into account; time will tell.

And yes, taking a bit longer now for mental peace on years ahead is a better optino IMO.
Stay0 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:47 pm
If going by the response we can expect certs within 6 weeks of the ceremony.
I wouldn't say so. It took about 2 months for people on last ceremony of Oct 2nd and, as rightfully noted by Vadrar, it's not a clear confirmation. Also, "issued" in my mind stands for "printed", not "sent", which could be a few weeks' difference.

You might expect that since they’ve improved the application process, getting and sending the certificates would be faster. I really wonder why there’s a delay in printing them, especially when all the needed info, like photos, is provided online. Once payment is confirmed, and applicant has confirmed attendance to the ceremony. The certificates should be printed right away, maybe even given out at the ceremony or sent in the post within a week of the ceremony. They have issued approval letters received by post the next day and I don’t see why that level of efficiency can’t be achieved with the Cert. The way it’s done doesn’t seem to be very well planned out. I truly hope the wait for December attendees does not go beyond end of January.
I’d like to think Oct attendee(s) still waiting (nos uncertain) is just an unusual situation.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:14 am

Stay0 wrote:
Once payment is confirmed, and applicant has confirmed attendance to the ceremony. The certificates should be printed right away, maybe even given out at the ceremony or sent in the post within a week of the ceremony.
They used to give them out on the ceremony, but when that happened, they had a cut off date a month before the actual ceremony, so that's approximately how long it takes to get through everyone.
Also, what if you confirm attendance, but never show up? ISD will then have a cert it can't issue.

I'd personally be in favour of the old system, giving them out straight away, even though that is less flexible.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

newmember2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by newmember2023 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:28 am

They are not handing the certs at the ceremony probably because they don't want to overwhelm the passport office. Just thinking aloud.

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:39 am

Stay0 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:52 am
Stay0 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:02 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:33 pm
It could be a long old haul for me as I've decided to go down the association route.
Could be, but possibly they can let you be in line with others, taking your residence into account; time will tell.

And yes, taking a bit longer now for mental peace on years ahead is a better optino IMO.
Stay0 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:47 pm
If going by the response we can expect certs within 6 weeks of the ceremony.
I wouldn't say so. It took about 2 months for people on last ceremony of Oct 2nd and, as rightfully noted by Vadrar, it's not a clear confirmation. Also, "issued" in my mind stands for "printed", not "sent", which could be a few weeks' difference.

You might expect that since they’ve improved the application process, getting and sending the certificates would be faster. I really wonder why there’s a delay in printing them, especially when all the needed info, like photos, is provided online. Once payment is confirmed, and applicant has confirmed attendance to the ceremony. The certificates should be printed right away, maybe even given out at the ceremony or sent in the post within a week of the ceremony. They have issued approval letters received by post the next day and I don’t see why that level of efficiency can’t be achieved with the Cert. The way it’s done doesn’t seem to be very well planned out. I truly hope the wait for December attendees does not go beyond end of January.
I’d like to think Oct attendee(s) still waiting (nos uncertain) is just an unusual situation.
They gonna manually check all the declarations we give on the day of ceremony and matching them with digital files. If accidentally they misplaced the declaration form, the person will be asked to attend the ceremony again. This happened in the past.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:03 am

I think we should all just accept the entire process is simply not very efficient and we are just making failed attempts at trying to figure out why they might do this or that. It’s simple really, it’s not an optimised process and there’s little accountability at the top level of management to make monumental improvements. You can see this based on the vague, regurgitated answers that are repeated by their leadership time and time again during the debates. If there was any accountability they would be held to providing more informative answers, but they are hardly ever pushed for additional clarification. To be fair, most of those debate queries and answers are provided in written form, so there isn’t an immediate opportunity to push for clarification, which is a shame.

No, they aren’t withholding certificates to avoid overwhelming the passport office. If that was the case, then why are they overwhelming An Post by mailing thousands of registered letters which need to be individually tracked and signed for? There’s something very broken with a process that can’t print and provide a single piece of paper at a compulsory ceremony as that is the one that matters most to the applicant; especially when they have made plans and traveled across the country (or beyond), sometimes last minute just to attend it. I know they used to provide them at the ceremonies, but changed allegedly to “make things faster” but it really hasn’t; it now just passes the waiting time back on to the applicant.

Knowing this, at the end of the day they just appear to target when final decisions are made and ceremony attendance numbers because those are the statistical figures that they can use to justify their progress. When the applicant actually receives the certificate and passport is much less of a concern to them, while it means much more to the individual that’s been waiting years to complete the process.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:49 am

sairsint wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:03 am
I think we should all just accept the entire process is simply not very efficient and we are just making failed attempts at trying to figure out why they might do this or that. It’s simple really, it’s not an optimised process and there’s little accountability at the top level of management to make monumental improvements. You can see this based on the vague, regurgitated answers that are repeated by their leadership time and time again during the debates. If there was any accountability they would be held to providing more informative answers, but they are hardly ever pushed for additional clarification. To be fair, most of those debate queries and answers are provided in written form, so there isn’t an immediate opportunity to push for clarification, which is a shame.

No, they aren’t withholding certificates to avoid overwhelming the passport office. If that was the case, then why are they overwhelming An Post by mailing thousands of registered letters which need to be individually tracked and signed for? There’s something very broken with a process that can’t print and provide a single piece of paper at a compulsory ceremony as that is the one that matters most to the applicant; especially when they have made plans and traveled across the country (or beyond), sometimes last minute just to attend it. I know they used to provide them at the ceremonies, but changed allegedly to “make things faster” but it really hasn’t; it now just passes the waiting time back on to the applicant.

Knowing this, at the end of the day they just appear to target when final decisions are made and ceremony attendance numbers because those are the statistical figures that they can use to justify their progress. When the applicant actually receives the certificate and passport is much less of a concern to them, while it means much more to the individual that’s been waiting years to complete the process.
Couldnt agree with this more. This is the one thing we need and require in order to maintain our statuses and prove our right to work. Saying that we are citizens and not changing companies rules in terms of required documents for proof of work is unacceptable. You cant get a response from the department either on the certificates they do not respond and when they do they just ask for patience. This is the part that matters and to say that the process of getting the certificates is faster is untrue have more ceremonies with less people or hire more people and buy more printers. There is excuse after excuse... covid... christmas break... summer break... ! on her response she said that the photos were the reason for the delay in the certificates why then do they not check it before they accept the payment. I paid a huge amount of money to fly back for the ceremony away from my family that were on holiday so I could make the ceremony and honestly I ask for what because I can say I am Irish but have no proof.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:25 pm

Its funny because my friend asked me to send him a photo with the cert. He assumed that the cert was issues during the ceremony because thats what happens in other countries. nothing justifies six weeks for a cert. I think we should raise some voice by signing a petition or something. Irish take that seriously. we can all send the same message to the minister as well.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:07 pm

My partner attended the ceremony in December and noted the guest speaker made a comment that “they were all citizens now.” I found this interesting as you actually have no means to prove this for many weeks to months after attending.

It’s also quite sad to think I was approved on December 29th and it will likely be another 6 months before I finally complete this process and have a passport in my possession. Mostly because they are making me wait to attend this compulsory ceremony that has no real purpose in terms of making meaningful progress.

This entire process is completely broken in so many ways. I’ll be so relieved when it’s over.

ki-ki
Newly Registered
Burundi

Post by ki-ki » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:56 am

I feel your pain. I attended the ceremony on 18th December and am still wondering what if a paper goes missing? there should be some kind of check in system with which to double check this. its such an anti climatic event with nothing to show for it but further anxiety soon after. surely they can afford a few extra staff to hand out certs with the kind of money they charge for the process. they should really have this decentralised down to counties -there's no need for them to hold on to that single ceremony, its impersonal and the only real proof is my signature. i can assure you there was no pride is saying those words out loud after all the pain it had caused me. all i could think was 'what a shit show'

Blessup
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Blessup » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:20 am

Hi,
My partner attended the ceremony on 18th Dec, He applied for citizenship in April 2021. I am Irish and I think it’s disgrace the way people are left in limbo through out the whole process!!
He has been told he is an Irish citizen but had no prove of this, we can not travel and are left in Limbo once again.
My partner is very grateful to be come an Irish citizen but this waiting game causes a lot of stress and anxiety.
The whole system is a joke!!!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:25 am

ki-ki wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:56 am
I feel your pain. I attended the ceremony on 18th December and am still wondering what if a paper goes missing? there should be some kind of check in system with which to double check this. its such an anti climatic event with nothing to show for it but further anxiety soon after. surely they can afford a few extra staff to hand out certs with the kind of money they charge for the process. they should really have this decentralised down to counties -there's no need for them to hold on to that single ceremony, its impersonal and the only real proof is my signature. i can assure you there was no pride is saying those words out loud after all the pain it had caused me. all i could think was 'what a shit show'
That’s similar to what my partner said about it. It was a day of about a total of 7 hours of travelling for them to get there and back home again. Thousands of people queuing out in the cold (with no visible security) only to be shuffled inside to sign a piece of paper, say some some words, hear someone tell everyone their citizens now, listen to the band play the anthem and then leave without their certificate. They will be lucky to get it by February in order to obtain a passport by April.

It should compulsory that the government hands the individual their certificate on the day of the ceremony if they are making this much of a big deal out of it and forcing attendance. They could also quite easily have smaller ones at the county level like many other countries do, if for no other reason than to make travel, time off of work, sorting children, etc. less of a burden on individuals. As I said earlier, it’s all for show and upping their public statistics.

Here it is nearly into the second week of January already and we still have no idea when the next ceremony will be. We can only assume it will be in March, but they won’t put that information out there even though they should know because the venue must be booked well in advance.

alwaysdilemma
Newly Registered
India

Post by alwaysdilemma » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:14 pm

Any updates for anyone?
Probably they will start sending the certificates out this week.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:25 pm

alwaysdilemma wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:14 pm
Any updates for anyone?
Maybe post your timeline to a relevant topic, so people can see how long have you been waiting?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:49 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:25 pm
alwaysdilemma wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:14 pm
Any updates for anyone?
Maybe post your timeline to a relevant topic, so people can see how long have you been waiting?
Has anyone received their certificates ?

lefsler
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by lefsler » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:11 am

I am kind of super nervous because I am traveling and might not be at home to get the letter :(

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:48 am

lefsler wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:11 am
I am kind of super nervous because I am traveling and might not be at home to get the letter :(
I am really concerned that no one has received their certificates as of yet ? It will be enterring week 4. On my invitation it said that it would be sent within a couple of weeks ? There is no communication and it is very alarming.

Yk_Krsh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Yk_Krsh » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:02 am

I am not concerned. There was a Christmas and New Year break, probably everyone's back to normal just this Monday. There was somewhere a quote (here: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... nswers-161 ) that the minister expects it to be at least 6 weeks waiting time.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:44 am

Bluebird71 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:48 am
lefsler wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:11 am
I am really concerned that no one has received their certificates as of yet ? It will be enterring week 4. On my invitation it said that it would be sent within a couple of weeks ? There is no communication and it is very alarming.
Couple of weeks range from several weeks to a few months, plus it's Christmas. I concur - don't think there's an issue. Wait for a few more months.

lefsler
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by lefsler » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Yeah, I will only be back in Feb, hopefully I get it, it seems that they do try at least twice to send it, will keep an eye here to have an idea when ppl start getting their certificate

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:30 am

lefsler wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:18 pm
Yeah, I will only be back in Feb, hopefully I get it, it seems that they do try at least twice to send it, will keep an eye here to have an idea when ppl start getting their certificate
Has anyone received anything as of yet ? its now entering theh third week of January and no news ?

The certificates should have bee prepared in advance I paid my fee in the first week of October.

Balea
Ireland

Post by Balea » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:44 am

Bluebird71 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:30 am
lefsler wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:18 pm
Has anyone received anything as of yet ? its now entering theh third week of January and no news ?

The certificates should have bee prepared in advance I paid my fee in the first week of October.
Nothing yet but I do not expect anything before mid-february

Blessup
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Blessup » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:19 am

Hi has anyone received their certificate yet?
Ceremony was 4 weeks ago, it’s still awaiting game!!!

ki-ki
Newly Registered
Burundi

Post by ki-ki » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:00 pm

Nothing yet on my side. attended 1st ceremony on 18th December. am not holding my breath for it though considering their slow standards.

Blessup
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Blessup » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:26 pm

I would doubt if anyone gets certifcates this week.
Hopefully by the end of the month 🙏🙏
Applied April 2021 and still more waiting 😢
Best of luck everyone, please post if you receive anything.

rsureshr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rsureshr » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:43 pm

Certainly the christmas holidays is impacting the the certifcate delivery timeframe.
It would be good if they post any annoucement on tentative dates OR with the ISD online they can publish the timeline against each application. We all used ISD login to pay the fees, so the same area can be used to publish the information or progress where they are in the process.
Best of luck everyone, Kindly post if you receive the certificates.