ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Cap

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:42 pm

tipu20 wrote:Hi

ldbright good thoughts, HSMP forum is not only for HSMP but it's also an immigration forum for Highly skilled migrants including Tier 1 and they have already taken the concerns of most of the Tier 1 holders to Home office , Have you seen their recent Press releases ?

All the immigrant community needs to be united and best example is already there

ldbright wrote:
willnotbackHSMP wrote:I'm not solicitor, so can't comment about the win. But you see , always there is humanitarian ground exists in all cases like article 9 of Europian Law ( or another name - I forgot )

Thank you for replying. I think what we need is a body like hsmp ltd that can united and lead tier1ians. At least by doing this, we can consult a solicitor to have some clarification on this. – How did you guys get things started last time?
It seems that no one is care enough to at least reply to this topic and start garthering some ideas. Maybe everyone is just waiting for everyone else to do something?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:04 pm

ldbright wrote:
tipu20 wrote:Hi

ldbright good thoughts, HSMP forum is not only for HSMP but it's also an immigration forum for Highly skilled migrants including Tier 1 and they have already taken the concerns of most of the Tier 1 holders to Home office , Have you seen their recent Press releases ?

All the immigrant community needs to be united and best example is already there

ldbright wrote:
willnotbackHSMP wrote:I'm not solicitor, so can't comment about the win. But you see , always there is humanitarian ground exists in all cases like article 9 of Europian Law ( or another name - I forgot )

Thank you for replying. I think what we need is a body like hsmp ltd that can united and lead tier1ians. At least by doing this, we can consult a solicitor to have some clarification on this. – How did you guys get things started last time?
It seems that no one is care enough to at least reply to this topic and start garthering some ideas. Maybe everyone is just waiting for everyone else to do something?
At this point, we cannot do anything, other than submit our concerns via HSMP forum and/or MPs.

Once we know what course of action the Home Office WILL (as opposed to might) take, we may consider the option of seeking a legal representation of our interests in court (if this is a feasible option). Of course, this is not going to be cheap, so each and every Tier 1 holder should be encouraged to contribute to a certain fund to finance all of this. Perhaps this can be channeled through HSMP forum, since they already have great expertise.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:50 pm

At this point, we cannot do anything, other than submit our concerns via HSMP forum and/or MPs.

Once we know what course of action the Home Office WILL (as opposed to might) take, we may consider the option of seeking a legal representation of our interests in court (if this is a feasible option). Of course, this is not going to be cheap, so each and every Tier 1 holder should be encouraged to contribute to a certain fund to finance all of this. Perhaps this can be channeled through HSMP forum, since they already have great expertise.
Thanks for replying. You are right things that we can do NOW is to submit our concerns to HSMP forum and to the MPs(will MPs listen as most of us do not have the right to vote?)
We also can filled in the MAC survey on survey monkey.

Above are not only what we CAN do now. it is more of what we HAVE TO do now. --unless you don't care what's going to happen to you and leaving the UK is a better option.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:11 pm

HSMP forum responce on Immigration cap issued on yesterday

http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/HSMP_Forum_ ... mittee.pdf

Regards,
Tipu

dev106
BANNED

Post by dev106 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Its a good news that , HSMP Froum has already started working on in-country new tier-1 general & tier-1 general extension applicants...

Few interesting bits from the pdf file,

"" The current qualifying threshold is relatively high and the amount of previous earnings seems to be given too high importance especially since UK is recovering from an economic crisis ""

"" The increase in the points threshold will also have an impact for those switching from post study work. Those coming on student visas to study in the accredited UK universities or colleges would not be keen to come to the UK if they are not given opportunity to work in the UK or a provision which can make it possible for them to continue their work and stay in the UK. This can cause serious downfall in the £ 12.5 billion5 per year estimated economic contribution of international students to the UK economy and will impact the universities which are heavily relying on overseas students’ fees. ""

"" The calibre of migrants coming from European Union does not
necessarily fulfil a skilled and highly skilled requirement thus the need for migrants from non European countries (or commonwealth countries). For example, NHS can be stuck with vacant posts for doctors, nurses, technicians and consultants6; this will cause a significant impact on public health services.""

"" The Government’s ‘Programme for Government’ announced on 20th May 2010 quoted on an annual limit on the number of non-EU economic migrants “admitted into the UKâ€

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 pm

[quote="dev106"]Its a good news that , HSMP Froum has already started working on in-country new tier-1 general & tier-1 general extension applicants...

Few interesting bits from the pdf file,

"" The current qualifying threshold is relatively high and the amount of previous earnings seems to be given too high importance especially since UK is recovering from an economic crisis ""

"" The increase in the points threshold will also have an impact for those switching from post study work. Those coming on student visas to study in the accredited UK universities or colleges would not be keen to come to the UK if they are not given opportunity to work in the UK or a provision which can make it possible for them to continue their work and stay in the UK. This can cause serious downfall in the £ 12.5 billion5 per year estimated economic contribution of international students to the UK economy and will impact the universities which are heavily relying on overseas students’ fees. ""

"" The calibre of migrants coming from European Union does not
necessarily fulfil a skilled and highly skilled requirement thus the need for migrants from non European countries (or commonwealth countries). For example, NHS can be stuck with vacant posts for doctors, nurses, technicians and consultants6; this will cause a significant impact on public health services.""

"" The Government’s ‘Programme for Government’ announced on 20th May 2010 quoted on an annual limit on the number of non-EU economic migrants “admitted into the UKâ€

kookamunga22
Newly Registered

There's a few places online to protest against the cap

Post by kookamunga22 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:25 pm

The coalition government just launched a new website last week, where they want people to voice their opinions about how to make the country better. Go here to tell them your opinion on the cap on immigration:

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/restoring ... u-migrants

Also, you can go to 38degrees' website (who campaign on issues on behalf of the people) and suggest they start a campaign against the cap:

http://38degrees.org.uk/page/s/suggestcampaign

nks

Post by nks » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:10 pm

What will be the consideration for those who applied and got their Tier -1 before 19th July (say 16th July) and qualified on basis of 95 points. How many points will they require to extend there Tier -1 on 16th July 2012? New 100 points or as per their initial application time, same 95 points?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:14 pm

nks wrote:What will be the consideration for those who applied and got their Tier -1 before 19th July (say 16th July) and qualified on basis of 95 points. How many points will they require to extend there Tier -1 on 16th July 2012? New 100 points or as per their initial application time, same 95 points?
Ideally it should be 95 points but for now only God & maybe Theresa May knows what is in store for future!!

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Whats the difference in consultations being carried on by the Government and that by the MAC?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Saga wrote:Whats the difference in consultations being carried on by the Government and that by the MAC?
Officially it means--Goverment will do the consultations with industries, colleges etc and try & get a number that needs to be implemented as limit for capping. MAC will do a so called "Independent" consultation with the industries,professional bodies , colleges etc, legacy data on immigration etc and will suggest a number to the government. Then the govt will consider both the scenarios/numbers and then decide on immigration capping limits..

If you ask me--MAC is an eyewash..n it is all b**l c**p and the capping limits will be set as per govt's whims & fancies...later it might be challenged i don't know but for nw it's all crazy stuff for me.

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:26 am

what about if employers are required to establish or support training schemes? Schools, colleges, hospitals do that anyway or at least train homegrown workers. Do you think teachers and doctors will be ok?
Andy

viki83

Post by viki83 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:34 pm

What do you guys think of early extensions? I've read in some posts people have been able to extend 1 year or more in advanced of expiry. The only problem is in few cases (less than 2 in 10), they stamped 2 years from the date of application rather than expiry.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 pm

I as a Tier 1 holder booked an appointment for Student Visa in French embassy in London thanks to my intermeidate knowledge of French.

I am leaving here as a country who perefers liar refugees and gives them 2000 per week as housing benefit and thinks that the skilled workers are the reason that their economy shrank.

I only wasted my time in the UK. My friends immigrated to France, Canada and Australia and all of them now have citizenships in a couple of year and I should have stress until 6-9 years later.

My suggestion: Leave the UK and let it be the Heaven of Refugees as they are more welcomed here.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:17 pm

houman1979 wrote:I as a Tier 1 holder booked an appointment for Student Visa in French embassy in London thanks to my intermeidate knowledge of French.

I am leaving here as a country who perefers liar refugees and gives them 2000 per week as housing benefit and thinks that the skilled workers are the reason that their economy shrank.

I only wasted my time in the UK. My friends immigrated to France, Canada and Australia and all of them now have citizenships in a couple of year and I should have stress until 6-9 years later.

My suggestion: Leave the UK and let it be the Heaven of Refugees as they are more welcomed here.
Trust me, you are not the only one thinking this way.

silentc
Newly Registered

Post by silentc » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:23 pm

houman1979 wrote:I as a Tier 1 holder booked an appointment for Student Visa in French embassy in London thanks to my intermeidate knowledge of French.

While the grass looks greener on the other side, please remember that even Canada and Australia are putting caps on their immigration visas (this started this year). I know you are fraustrated, but dont let emotions push you to make the wrong decisions, if you have invested so much time here, it is best to see it through

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm

silentc wrote:

While the grass looks greener on the other side, please remember that even Canada and Australia are putting caps on their immigration visas (this started this year). I know you are fraustrated, but dont let emotions push you to make the wrong decisions, if you have invested so much time here, it is best to see it through
Neither Canada nor Australia have had particularly "easy" immigration policies. Especially Canada, which until recently could take several years to process applications.

But once you are in, you are in. You immediately get permanent residence, and not useless Tier 1.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:24 pm

If you do a SWOT,then going back home at present for career/money/family/quality of life is far better than blindly going for a different country.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Blackwater1 wrote:If you do a SWOT,then going back home at present for career/money/family/quality of life is far better than blindly going for a different country.
Well, I guess that kinda depends on 1) what you home country is, and 2) what your field is. You know, some people have received highly specialized education in the West, which is useless in their home countries, but is valuable abroad.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:05 pm

ukswus wrote:
Blackwater1 wrote:If you do a SWOT,then going back home at present for career/money/family/quality of life is far better than blindly going for a different country.
Well, I guess that kinda depends on 1) what you home country is, and 2) what your field is. You know, some people have received highly specialized education in the West, which is useless in their home countries, but is valuable abroad.
I agree with you about coming back to my country.

About other countries I agree as well. Canada and Australia are not easy (about quebec immigration I saw so many unskilled who could immigrate easy and the only problem is time), but you get Permanent Residency and therefore there is no strees anymore. In other word, wait, have stress for one time and then everything would be ok. But in UK, dont wait and get your visa in 2-3 months but after that, have stress for 6-9 years.

Currently, UK is going to be one of the hardest countires to get citizenship even in the EU which I think is one of the most important goals for all of us. Conditions of getting citizenship are now very much easier in France, Netherland and Sweden. You could earn citizenship in France in 2-3 years, in Sweden in 5 years and in Netherland in 5 years as well. For France, you should know French, but for Netherland and Sweden the knowledge of their languages are not necessary at the beginning.

Think again, we are wasting money and time in a country which is only good for refugees who live in Council houses and get huge benefits and have no profitibailty for this country.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Currently, UK is going to be one of the hardest countires to get citizenship even in the EU which I think is one of the most important goals for all of us. Conditions of getting citizenship are now very much easier in France, Netherland and Sweden. You could earn citizenship in France in 2-3 years, in Sweden in 5 years and in Netherland in 5 years as well. For France, you should know French, but for Netherland and Sweden the knowledge of their languages are not necessary at the beginning.
Can you provide the src of this information?
Last edited by adityak77 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 pm

You could earn citizenship in France in 2-3 years
If you studied in french university for 2 years and know french. You may not feel it difficult, but majority of here do.

Good luck with your decision.

But, with every country there are lot's of positives and negatives. It's up to individual to decide.

dev106
BANNED

Post by dev106 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:14 pm

In the past, UKBA used to at least intimate the changing rules prior to the deadline....but now, ï

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:32 pm

I would suggest to just keep a watch for 6-9 months.Considering the tightening of the rules,scrapping the budgets of public sector,the government is playing a huge gamble which may/may not pay off.These austerity measures along with the condition of the Eurozone,the job market will suffer and so do the migrants.Hence,it is better to move back home/somewhere better for some time rather than praising God everyday.It is the survival of the fittest and there are very few of them.

d1o

Post by d1o » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 am

Can anyone tell me how increasing the points threshold from 75 to 80 (or 95 to 100) for first time in-country applicants (like psw holders) from 19 July, stop a last minute rush into the UK prior to April 2011? They are already in the UK and are applying from inside the UK!

Sometimes, I wonder what kind of brains the people who make these rules/thier advisers have.