ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Laureen007
United Kingdom

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Laureen007 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:21 am

rina wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:51 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:58 pm
Shaheen5 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:00 pm
Did you get permission under short occupation list? Is it says on your ARC card?
Yes it says that on the card
what kind of work are you able to apply for?
I am looking to apply for care assistant jobs

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:44 am

Is there a list of type of jobs one can apply for?

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:38 pm

Care jobs are included in shortage occupation list.. the government will add care related jobs to its shortage occupation list in the start of Feb this year.. so you can work as a care worker now 8f you have permission to work. The list will be updated soon..

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 pm

rina wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:44 am
hi rina you don't have to chose a job to apply for work permission. You can apply for work permission if your asylum claim is pending or further submissions outstanding for a year. Once they grant you permission to work then you can chose any job on the shortage occupation list. View the SOL and find if you can fit for any job listed and then apply for it. Moreover they are going to add care work job to the list soon so that would be easy for many to take up this empowerment. All you need to do first apply for work permission, when it's granted then start finding job suitable for from the shortage occupation list.

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 pm

rina wrote:
hi rina you don't have to chose a job to apply for work permission. You can apply for work permission if your asylum claim is pending or further submissions outstanding for a year. Once they grant you permission to work then you can chose any job on the shortage occupation list. View the SOL and find if you can fit for any job listed and then apply for it. Moreover they are going to add care work job to the list soon so that would be easy for many to take up this empowerment. All you need to do first apply for work permission, when it's granted then start finding job suitable for from the shortage occupation list.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:11 pm

Shaheen5 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 pm
rina wrote:
Thank you!!!

Yemoja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yemoja » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:03 pm

Praise God with me, I just got my five years refugee leave. I am so happy.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:11 pm

Yemoja wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:03 pm
Congratulations!! Please share your timeline with us

Yemoja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yemoja » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:50 pm

Screening interview in October 2020
Substantive interview in June 2021
Asylum granted January 31 2022

Yemoja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yemoja » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:51 pm

rina wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:11 pm
Yemoja wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:03 pm
Congratulations!! Please share your timeline with us
Thank you!

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Dear everyone,

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

I had previously been refused asylum but been given leave to remain outside of the rules for private and family life.

I am scratching my head at which form I should be using to extend my leave. Few applications are potentially could be the way to apply. But which shall I be using:

. FLR (DL)
. FLR (FP)

I appreciate if someone who had previously applied to inform me on which is the one to use.

Thank you

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:51 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:33 pm
Dear everyone,

I had previously been refused asylum but been given leave to remain outside of the rules for private and family life.

I am scratching my head at which form I should be using to extend my leave. Few applications are potentially could be the way to apply. But which shall I be using:

. FLR (DL)
. FLR (FP)

I appreciate if someone who had previously applied to inform me on which is the one to use.

Thank you
How many years were you given for that?

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:45 pm

rina wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:51 pm
Joe15 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:33 pm
Dear everyone,

. FLR (DL)
. FLR (FP)

Thank you
How many years were you given for that?
2.5 years

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:16 pm

Hi guys
I am doing fresh claim now I am waiting to go to first tribunal and two weeks ago I was sent bundle to court and any one knows how long going to take hearing date for first tribunal thanks
Guys

ApRaj2021
Newly Registered
England

Post by ApRaj2021 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:03 pm

Hi,

I did my tribunal hearing for fresh claim refused with appeal rights. Home Office representatives didn't come for my hearing. Judge did not ask from me anything. Just listened to the my barrister points. After judge mentioned within 10 days will send my decision. But now nearly 5 weeks pass. Still i didn't receive anything from tribunal. Does anyone have idea how long will it take decision come from the tribunal?
Thank you

Laureen007
United Kingdom

Post by Laureen007 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:29 am

Hello guys,
Anyone heard of positive Verification Notice before? Im trying ti register with an agency for care jobs and while verifying may right to work, they keep asking to upload the ARC card and a copy of my Positive verification notice. Does Anyone know how I can get this?

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:55 pm

Hello Lauren I'm faceing the same issue. The health care agency asking me for positive verification code. You need to tell them that you got ARC card and your check would be only done manually not online. The care agency tries to do online checks but it's not possible for ARC card holder. You can only do it manually by presenting them your ARC card and home office latter physically. I checked with home office they say I can present my documents to employer physically and they will take hard copies from documents. There will be no problem working if you present your document physically.

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:04 pm

ApRaj2021 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:03 pm
Hi,

I did my tribunal hearing for fresh claim refused with appeal rights. Home Office representatives didn't come for my hearing. Judge did not ask from me anything. Just listened to the my barrister points. After judge mentioned within 10 days will send my decision. But now nearly 5 weeks pass. Still i didn't receive anything from tribunal. Does anyone have idea how long will it take decision come from the tribunal?
Thank you
Hi Ap Raj 2021
If it’ gone 5 weeks normally they granting your viza sometimes home office can arrange another heraring but yours look like they granted viza after that it has to go few places then decision will come to u or your solicitor

I want ask one question how long did you wait to get hearing date because I was sent bunddle to court now 3 weeks gone and how long didi you wait for get hearing date

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:10 pm

Shaheen5 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:55 pm
Hello Lauren
I'm faceing the same issue. The health care agency asking me for positive verification code. You need to tell them that you got ARC card and your check would be only done manually not online. The care agency tries to do online checks but it's not possible for ARC card holder. You can only do it manually by presenting them your ARC card and home office latter physically. I checked with home office they say I can present my documents to employer physically and they will take hard copies from documents. There will be no problem working if you present your document physically.
Hi Shaheen5 and Lauren

There is number in your arc card they can cheack with that your eligibility to work in uk and do not go to agency and try to get something directly care company and show your card ni number physically then it will okay

ApRaj2021
Newly Registered
England

Post by ApRaj2021 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:49 pm

Indu2 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:04 pm
ApRaj2021 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Hi Ap Raj 2021
If it’ gone 5 weeks normally they granting your viza sometimes home office can arrange another heraring but yours look like they granted viza after that it has to go few places then decision will come to u or your solicitor

I want ask one question how long did you wait to get hearing date because I was sent bunddle to court now 3 weeks gone and how long didi you wait for get hearing date
After I sent Bundle nearly 2 months after hearing date came.

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:08 pm

Thank you indu for suggestions. I did try online with the number on ARC card but it doesn't show anything. It has to be biometric resident card while arc is count as BRP but its not a resident card. Its is just a work permit.
Regarding your court hearing my friend send bundle and he got hearing after 6 weeks sending bundle to court and the court given him hearing in next 4 months. But its depends which area do you live if its in London then the hearing take more than six months if some where else then less time

Laureen007
United Kingdom

Post by Laureen007 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:28 pm

Shaheen5 wrote:
Hello Lauren I'm faceing the same issue. The health care agency asking me for positive verification code. You need to tell them that you got ARC card and your check would be only done manually not online. The care agency tries to do online checks but it's not possible for ARC card holder. You can only do it manually by presenting them your ARC card and home office latter physically. I checked with home office they say I can present my documents to employer physically and they will take hard copies from documents. There will be no problem working if you present your document physically.
Maybe I will ask them if I can bring the card to them. I will ask if they have an office where I am.

Shaheen5
United Kingdom

Post by Shaheen5 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:49 pm

It's better to try directly to care home as indu said. There are few big care companies apply there. County and health care group is big company try there or HC-ONE. You can apply do them directly and ask for care assistant job

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:32 am

ApRaj2021 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:49 pm
Indu2 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:04 pm
ApRaj2021 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Hi Ap Raj 2021

After I sent Bundle nearly 2 months after hearing date came.
Hi Apraj2021
Okay because I am in London and already 3 weeks gone that’s why I was ask u and I think your decision will be positive because one of my friend also got like u same situation

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:35 am

Laureen007 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:28 pm
Shaheen5 wrote:
Maybe I will ask them if I can bring the card to them. I will ask if they have an office where I am.
Hi Lauren 007
Yeah when u go just take your documents you can do any job in care home because online it’s say all jobs under the care so yeah it will be fine