ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Re: My approval came today

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:37 pm

godspower wrote:I got my approval this morning.

Applied - Sept 06
Acknowledgement - Oct 06
Additiional doc - Sept 08
Letter of approval - Sept 09

It took exactly 3 years.

For those still waiting, I pray for God's favour.
Congratulations godspower. Another one off the list. Good luck to the rest of us on the waiting list

9j

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:09 pm

congats Godspower

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Applied - Sept 06
Acknowledgement - Oct 06

It took exactly 3 years.

Well done.

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:32 pm

To : cnu, YMC, HSE, Immigrant 123.... and all the rest early 06*ers

Do you have any news? i was trying to ring INIS yesterday, couldnt get through at all.

godspower
Newly Registered

Post by godspower » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:13 pm

Thanks guys.

Thought I should let you guys know this; the approval letter came from Tipperary so I think they are clearing the '05 and '06 backlog. I'd say yours is coming soon...

cnu

Post by cnu » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:00 am

EBS wrote:To : cnu, YMC, HSE, Immigrant 123.... and all the rest early 06*ers

Do you have any news? i was trying to ring INIS yesterday, couldnt get through at all.
Not yet EBS, I tried to ring them too, no one lifts the fone!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 am

That service is just bad. I would recommend that they close the phone line. It is useless.

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Post by Cofimvaba » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:01 pm

godspower wrote:Thanks guys.

Thought I should let you guys know this; the approval letter came from Tipperary so I think they are clearing the '05 and '06 backlog. I'd say yours is coming soon...
What color was the envelope did your approval come in? Could it be a Grey envelope. Am not at my house i was told there's a letter waiting for me in a grey envelope, am expecting a brown envelope though!

immigrant123
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant123 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:15 pm

EBS wrote:To : cnu, YMC, HSE, Immigrant 123.... and all the rest early 06*ers

Hi EBS - I was told a few weeks ago that they are preparing my application to be sent to minister. Thats was the latest.

Fingers crossed!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 pm

I want to share an event, just happening now in the office:

a colleague mine, very IT skilled individual (IT Financial Systems, salary circa 200K a year), been living here 10 years, bought a house, applied for LTR (which he got) and citizenship (still waiting), I just receive his Canadian Residency visa (took 3 months to process from the UK).

He's decided to leave Ireland and go and work in Canada (as he says, where at least people are appreciated....too much hassle with the Irish government daily non-senses.

He going to rent his house as soon as he can and just leave. The moral on this he says, people contributing and/or who've contributed to this economy are not being looked after...Canada understands, while the time are tough, their country still need people with particular skills.
he continues, irelands whines about everything but the irish can take his job if they want or can do it.

I personnally see disaster for our company....he is just so much involved in these new projects (huge implementations, coding etc..) that this may come to cause a really big headache.

He continues, I am leaving not because I don't like this country, I am leaving because I don't want to be treated like a second hand citizen while I am actually paying 42%+ taxes.

Nana

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Post by Cofimvaba » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:02 pm

nanette wrote:I want to share an event, just happening now in the office:

a colleague mine, very IT skilled individual (IT Financial Systems, salary circa 200K a year), been living here 10 years, bought a house, applied for LTR (which he got) and citizenship (still waiting), I just receive his Canadian Residency visa (took 3 months to process from the UK).

He's decided to leave Ireland and go and work in Canada (as he says, where at least people are appreciated....too much hassle with the Irish government daily non-senses.

He going to rent his house as soon as he can and just leave. The moral on this he says, people contributing and/or who've contributed to this economy are not being looked after...Canada understands, while the time are tough, their country still need people with particular skills.
he continues, irelands whines about everything but the irish can take his job if they want or can do it.

I personnally see disaster for our company....he is just so much involved in these new projects (huge implementations, coding etc..) that this may come to cause a really big headache.

He continues, I am leaving not because I don't like this country, I am leaving because I don't want to be treated like a second hand citizen while I am actually paying 42%+ taxes.

Nana
Citizenship is Gift from the state to the Individual and its Not a Right, if that's the case we surely cannot be demanding the gifts. We have to wait patiently.

"Why won't they give me a passport? I own Harrods and employ thousands of people in this country."

Mohamed al-Fayed

HSE

Post by HSE » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:34 pm

To : cnu, YMC, HSE, Immigrant 123.... and all the rest early 06*ers

Not yet my friend. i m btw 05 and mrs june 06. apparently they are holding my file as they are treating us as one file. so intead of they will fasten my wife file, they are basically blocking/ holding my file. thats what i was told few weeks back. my wife file still awaiting garda clearance. my file acc to them is ready but as we all know dont know how much truth or accurate infromation is there.
anyway congrats to all mates here who got it. always remember slow n steady wins the race :))

zzz

Post by zzz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Got my and wife's approvals today !

applied Nov 2006
extra docs Oct 2008
approval Sept 2009

Good luck to everyone still waiting !

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Post by Cofimvaba » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 pm

zzz wrote:Got my and wife's approvals today !

applied Nov 2006
extra docs Oct 2008
approval Sept 2009

Congratulations. What color was the envelope the letter came in

zzz

Post by zzz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Cofimvaba wrote: Congratulations. What color was the envelope the letter came in
Thanks.
brown one.

crown

Post by crown » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Applied - Sept 06
Acknowledgement - Oct 06

It took exactly 3 years.

Congrats
I am also 2006 and still waiting

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 pm

zzz wrote:Got my and wife's approvals today !

applied Nov 2006
extra docs Oct 2008
approval Sept 2009

Congratulatins, good news at last some body got approved this week. one more application is cleared infront of me... :P

godspower
Newly Registered

Post by godspower » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:21 am

Cofimvaba wrote:
godspower wrote:Thanks guys.

What color was the envelope did your approval come in? Could it be a Grey envelope. Am not at my house i was told there's a letter waiting for me in a grey envelope, am expecting a brown envelope though!

The envelope was brown.

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Got My Approval and Have Taken My Declaration Of Fidelity

Post by Cofimvaba » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi, I got my approval yesterday and taken my oath of fidelity to the Irish Nation this morning in Letterkenny District court in front of a packed court house.
There was one other gentleman who took the oath, he applied in Feb 2006.

Applied in May 2006.

Good luck to all you still waiting, your letters are on the way.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Congratulations, Cofimvaba!

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Post by Cofimvaba » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:12 pm

sideshowsue wrote:Congratulations, Cofimvaba!
Thanks, its a long wait

crown

Re: Got My Approval and Have Taken My Declaration Of Fidelit

Post by crown » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Cofimvaba wrote:Hi, I got my approval yesterday and taken my oath of fidelity to the Irish Nation this morning in Letterkenny District court in front of a packed court house.

Applied in May 2006.

Congrats latest Paddy

godspower
Newly Registered

Post by godspower » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Cofimvaba wrote:Hi, I got my approval yesterday and taken my oath of fidelity to the Irish Nation this morning in Letterkenny District court in front of a packed court house.

Applied in May 2006.

Congrats Cofimvaba!

pls can you tell me whether you have to be living in the area before you can take the oath in Letterkerny and what days can one take the oat.

Thanks

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Post by Cofimvaba » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

godspower wrote:

Applied in May 2006.

Congrats Cofimvaba!

pls can you tell me whether you have to be living in the area before you can take the oath in Letterkerny and what days can one take the oat.

Thanks
Thanks.
I have an address there, the Court Clerk simply asked I lived and i told him. He didn't ask for any proof. The court was very busy but we were the first people to be looked after as soon as court procedings began.

room1102

Post by room1102 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Cofimvaba wrote:
nanette wrote:I want to share an event, just happening now in the office:

Nana
Citizenship is Gift from the state to the Individual and its Not a Right, if that's the case we surely cannot be demanding the gifts. We have to wait patiently.

"Why won't they give me a passport? I own Harrods and employ thousands of people in this country."

Mohamed al-Fayed
Hi. I agreed with you that Citizenship is not a Right, but I think many people has been talking about in this forum. Just take a look some people lost their job and almost get kick out from Ireland?? Is that fair for those people? I think if they set the rule 5 years requirement for citizenship. They should have reasonable time frame to grant it, not just turn around and say econmoy is bad and we dont want you to be here!

In Canada and Australia, Citizenship is not a Right either. People have to wait their time to get it as well, but at least people in those countries wont have to worry about if there PR getting cancel or not in the country if they dont keep their job with no fault of their own. Ireland came up with LTR, but it is not even permanent. If you lose your job and only have LTR. I dont think it would be fun in this country!