ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:20 am

I tieid calling Gerrys during the week using their international number. Is anybody else having trouble getting through? Is the call centre only open specific times?

escoba

Post by escoba » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Thanks nightrider! I'll just wait for the next 2-3 weeks and then check. Its a shame that the whole process is taking so long. Good luck to you and everyone else and hope we all get the news we want. :)

sami_1984
Newly Registered

Post by sami_1984 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:38 pm

@irfansaeed m8 i cant see the number in ur previous posts
u wanna send it on here again,
cheers

irfansaeed
Newly Registered

Post by irfansaeed » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:04 am

nightrider wrote:
irfansaeed wrote:Just a quick update.

My wife got her visa today.

We applied her visa on 16Dec08 and decision has been made on 26thJan09. She picked her passport from karachi today. (cant able to write)

Thanks to God and everyone who was in touch with me. Irumpk, Nazanin, asifposter, sami, aqil and everyone else i forgot to mention name here..

She is coming hopefully in a week.

Wish and pray for everyone that they get their partners visas's as soon as possible.

Thanks
you are very lucky to get a decision by 6 weeks, where was th passport stamped from was it abu dhabi dubail?
Yes stamped in Abu Dhabi.. I was very scared because I forgot to add accommodation report.. anyways thanks to God.

I wish everyone now get theirs partners visa as soon as possible.
Last edited by irfansaeed on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

irfansaeed
Newly Registered

Post by irfansaeed » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:05 am

naznin wrote:Asalam-o-Alaikum.

many many congratulations to u Irfan :) .wishing u a very happy life Ameen.i also submitted my papers 4rm karachi.i m cuming to uk on 5th of feb inshAllah.

Irumpk:wen r u going to uk?m going on 5th of feb inshAllah.on PIA.
Thanks Naznin.. my wife is coming on 13 Feb.. she is also coming through PIA. best of luck and hope you will have great time and future..

Thanks

irfansaeed
Newly Registered

Post by irfansaeed » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:07 am

fahim79 wrote:
irfansaeed wrote:
sami_1984 wrote:irfan whats the number you called did they tell u that passport was sent to gerrys
Hi Sami,

Please check my previous posts you will find number.. They just told that decision has been taken and check your local embassy or authority in 3 days..

Let me know if you need any help..
Irfan... i can't find the number in any of ur pervious posts... can you please write it again... secondly.. did you got any email as well...
(00) (971) (2) 6101100 .. and my email id is irfan@irfansaeed.net..

irfansaeed
Newly Registered

Post by irfansaeed » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 am

sami_1984 wrote:@irfansaeed m8 i cant see the number in ur previous posts
u wanna send it on here again,
cheers
(00) (971) (2) 6101100 = British Embassy Abu Dhabi

sh4mz
Newly Registered

Post by sh4mz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:21 pm

nightrider wrote:
escoba wrote:Hey guys! salaam.

My huby submitd his papers on 27/01/09 in islamabad. They told him 62 days, what I want to know is do they mean 62 days then you'll hear from us or you'l hear from us within 62 days.??? There crap with information. Also when should I check my statues?

Congrats to everyone whos partners have got visas, :)

Thanks guys
My wife submitted her visa on 20/1/09 and the vac told her she would get a reply within 2 months.

Wait two weeks and i think you will be able to track your passport online...
Hiya,

I've only just discovered that you can check your visa online, so i asked my sis in law to tell me the application number but she gave me all the info on her reference slip. i don't know what the application number is because she gave 2 numbers. Is the number the one that starts with ISL? She submitted her papers on the 4th of Dec and got asked to wait 2 months before she gets a reply, she submitted her papers in Islamabad.

sami_1984
Newly Registered

Post by sami_1984 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:33 pm

the ref u will need is the one with the letters ISL and also her date of birth, good luck

sami_1984
Newly Registered

Post by sami_1984 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:07 am

i called ABU Dhabi today and they said a decision has been made about a month ago and to call gerry office, didnt have there international number so told wife to ring them please pray for me.. and good luk for ppl still waiting

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:42 am

Called abu dahbi, they said decision was made one week ago, fingers crossed.

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:25 am

aqilzeeshan wrote:Called abu dahbi, they said decision was made one week ago, fingers crossed.

wht number you called bcz they say on their website that they dont answer visa application enquiry over telephone.

plz tell me bcz my wife applied on 5th december 2008 and today its been 2 months. my wife applied as student dependant visa which is not the settelment visa. so it should'nt take tht long.

plz do reply as i m very depressed now.

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:10 pm

The number is same as mentioned by irfan and others (00) (971) (2) 6101100 of Abu Dhabi BHC. You need to tell them that you applied from KHI/PAK and passport number is that and they will tell weather decision has been made or its pending.

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:27 pm

thanx mate,

i will ring them tommorrow. just one more question do they only tell the applicant only. i will call on behalf of my wife.

wht they ask

passport number
date of birth
vac (gerry's) number

imi

Post by imi » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:35 pm

hey guys,

We got the visa and my wife is now in the UK with me. I am so grateful to Almighty Allah, finally the dreadful waiting game is over now.
Have a safe journey naznin and irumpk.
Guys! be patient and keep your spirits up , inshallah everyone will get the good news soon. Good luck everyone! and i pray that you all have a great life together with your spouses.

sami_1984
Newly Registered

Post by sami_1984 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 pm

hi guys our status changed today wife going tomoro to collect passport, please pray 4 me she gets the visa

wez4all
Newly Registered

Post by wez4all » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:29 am

called abu dhabi today and they said a decision been made 3 days ago. but my online status is still the same 'application forwarded to islamabad OC'.

wht should i do send my wife to gerry's office for collection?

any of you have any idea?

SpOuSeSiCkNeSs
Newly Registered

Post by SpOuSeSiCkNeSs » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:48 am

Salaam everyone,

I need some advice please..

my wife's case was submitted on the 28/10/09
she attended an interview on the 14/01/09

the online status has now changed to basically READY FOR COLLECTION, after i emailed them warning them that it has now been over 60 working days.

i'm not sure when it changed but i only checked yesturday, so its been 2 days from what i know.

We have not recieved a telephone call from GERRYS as of yet or if ever...

What should i do?????????????

My wife rang the call centre, but they said to wait a couple of days!!!

we submitted it at Lahore which makes it too far to go and be disapointed, because we live near MIRPUR,

Does anyone know the direct telephone line For LAHORE GERRYS i think that would be my best bet, to ask them directly weather it has arrived or not to them????

Soo please some advice would be much appreciated, and the direct telephone number for LAHORE GERRYS??

THANYOU

Salaam

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:57 am

Just in case anyone doesn't know, there is a new email contact now for all settlement applications.

UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

I'm guessing this the Abu Dhabi email as it says 'UK Hub'.

Congratulations and Mubarak to all people who have got their visas. To those waiting, just hang in there and be patient.

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:23 pm

hi iv been er b4 but havnt posted in a while i applied for my wifes visa for the 1st time on the 14th of july 2008 and it was rejected on the 12th sept i sent a letter of review and also applied again but again the visa was rejected for info tht was already given. anyway i received a reply of my letter saying i have 28 days more to send by the letter with an appeal form for the 1st case (which was easier) i sent the appeal by post on second week of dec and have not heard anything since and am really worried as phoning pakistan dsnt help and i emailed them 2day lets c what happens.

Any1 got advice 4 me? id appreciate it please.

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:36 pm

ali_88 wrote:hi iv been er b4 but havnt posted in a while i applied for my wifes visa for the 1st time on the 14th of july 2008 and it was rejected on the 12th sept i sent a letter of review and also applied again but again the visa was rejected for info tht was already given. anyway i received a reply of my letter saying i have 28 days more to send by the letter with an appeal form for the 1st case (which was easier) i sent the appeal by post on second week of dec and have not heard anything since and am really worried as phoning pakistan dsnt help and i emailed them 2day lets c what happens.

Any1 got advice 4 me? id appreciate it please.
Just in case you weren't aware, this is the email for appeals:

Appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk

Unforetunately appeals take a long time and BHC Islamabad is known to be harsh with reviews. It takes upto 6 months to get a hearing for an appeal in the UK.

aqilzeeshan

actual test of patience starts now

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi,

Applied on 16Dec08 from KHI.
Got Refusal on 06Feb09 on grounds of not providing anything about accommodation. ( actually rented one bedroom flat after applying and coming back to UK, should have delayed applying, should have applied after renting the place, anyway ...)

Now have 28 Days to appleal, AIT2 form has been attached with refusal letter.

My questions

1. Will Tanancy contract, letter from estate agent stating property is suitable for couple, utility bills be enough ?

2. Do i need to attach everything already attached again, for example bank statment, hsmp approval letter of sponsor, uk visa photocopies of sponsor etc. ?

3. with passport ?

4. Need to apply through gerry's again ?

5. Any idea about appeal processing times ?

6. AIT2 guide says other options of either appealing to Visa conslate where actual application was applied or appealing to trabunal in UK by sponsor, any idea about these options ?

7. there is also option or oral or paper based appeal , opinions on that.

aqilzeeshan

paths

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:11 pm

In continuation of my previous post.

Please comment on Plus and minus of these alternatives

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/FormsGu ... nTheUK.pdf

OR

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/FormsGu ... eTheUK.pdf

aqilzeeshan

where to post

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Further, in continuation to my previous 2 posts

http://www.ukvacpk.com/appeals.aspx says

If your reference number is prefixed by AUH, you should send your appeal papers to:

Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
PO Box 7866
Loughborough LE11 2 XZ
United Kingdom

Or

Visa Section
British Embassy
Khalid Bin Waleed Street
PO Box 248
Abu Dhabi
UAE

Alternatively, you may fax them to: 0044 (0)15 09 221 699

To post to Visa Section Abu Dhabi, will it be through gerrys or directly posting to Abu Dhabi will work , comments please.

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Aqilzeeshan, i'd advise you to just put in a fresh application.

The appeal procedure takes between 6-8 months and although BHC Islamabad may review the refusal decision, they usually just send it back to the AIT for a hearing.

If you are going to appeal then you must submit new documentation to support the reason why you are appealing. An immigration judge will judge your case on what documents you submitted at the time of your original application. Also rather than sending the documents back to the BHC (who take ages to respond) lodge your appeal at the AIT directly.

My advice would be to look at your refusal notes and put in a fresh application with the outstanding documents they've asked for. It'll be quicker.