ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiger girl

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:28 pm

zakikhan wrote:@ tiger girl its for cambridge.

Did your husband do the test before 6 april 2015? if so ONLY then it is accepted till november.

I'm stressed now. How did you check reults online?? They want id number and secret number. My wife just sshowed me the certfificate which does not contain these numbers
I think the id number n secret number is only for applicant the ukba should be able to register as an agency n view everyones results il confirm all.this from soliciter tomm
zakikhan wrote:it might well be sister, I don't know where she took the test it might be at this grafton college place. I'l find out and let you know

If so, its an utter sham, the certificate looks perfect and contains all the right numbers. Did you check these results online?? if so how?

irfan278
United Kingdom

Post by irfan278 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Sorry to hear your bad news tigergirl.

After reading of your incident, I am considering confirming my wife's certificates online. They are City & Guild ones and costs £44 to confirm them.

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:33 pm

ok cool, do let us know. I'm so sorry to hear this and feel for you.
It's so stressful and i''m now worried expecting a refusal even though her test looks like its on the official transitional list and it was done before 6 april 2015.
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm

irfan278 wrote:Sorry to hear your bad news tigergirl.

After reading of your incident, I am considering confirming my wife's certificates online. They are City & Guild ones and costs £44 to confirm them.
Yes do confirm n y was yr refused ???

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:40 pm

zakikhan wrote:ok cool, do let us know. I'm so sorry to hear this and feel for you.
It's so stressful and i''m now worried expecting a refusal even though her test looks like its on the official transitional list and it was done before 6 april 2015.
When did your wife sit the test ???

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:40 pm

http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/find-a-centre/

To take your Cambridge English exam, you will need to register directly with an authorised exam centre. There are over 2,800 centres in 130 countries around the world.
All of them are inspected by Cambridge English Language Assessment, and meet our high standards.

GRAFTON COLLEGE IS THE ONLY ONE IN ISLAMABAD. So it looks like grafton college is an accepted centre. So why its been refused is beyond me. My wife would have taken the test at this centre. So a refusal it is. I'm just so upset

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:41 pm

tiger girl wrote:
zakikhan wrote:ok cool, do let us know. I'm so sorry to hear this and feel for you.
February 2015

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:46 pm

zakikhan wrote:http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/find-a-centre/

To take your Cambridge English exam, you will need to register directly with an authorised exam centre. There are over 2,800 centres in 130 countries around the world.
All of them are inspected by Cambridge English Language Assessment, and meet our high standards.

GRAFTON COLLEGE IS THE ONLY ONE IN ISLAMABAD. So it looks like grafton college is an accepted centre. So why its been refused is beyond me. My wife would have taken the test at this centre. So a refusal it is. I'm just so upset
Dont be upset inshallah hope no more refusals hapen due to this may be an error might have happened loading on the database i will have to contact cambridge by soliciter to see wats hapened will keep.u posted my concern is shall i apeal for review or do i need submit new case very stressful

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm no expert but a fresh appeal with new English certificate might make most sense. Take advice from a good solicitor. It's case by case but an appeal might be lengthy

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:49 pm

zakikhan wrote:
tiger girl wrote:
February 2015
My husband did his test in march so pray inshallah yrs go through maybe it was march batch u never no so dont stress just wait n pray for the best

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:54 pm

zakikhan wrote:I'm no expert but a fresh appeal with new English certificate might make most sense. Take advice from a good solicitor. It's case by case but an appeal might be lengthy
Sitting a new english test takes 2 montha to get results n then submit fresh case takes further 3 months n apeal takes up to 6 monts si the time frame is same so just going to.get advice n see the best option setiously its very hard n stressful to cope

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:57 pm

i just don't get it, it's an official certificate valid till 5th November the UK gov website confirms it. They can't just dismiss it because its not on the new list of accepted English certificates.

May Allah make these stressful times easy for us. Can't do anything till result now.

According to Grafton's own website, result should take 3-5 days!

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:58 pm

http://www.graftoncollege.edu.pk/Cambri ... nForm.aspx

" Candidates will receive their test results within 3-5 working days (working days Monday Friday)."

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:11 pm

Surely this a typo??? 2013?! :?
I've taken the below from https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

For tests taken before 6 April 2013: Certificate, Statement of results, Candidate ID number and Candidate's secret number (applicants should provide Statement of Entry if possible)

For tests taken on or after 6 April 2013: no documents required (Scores must be verified using the Cambridge
English online system using name, date of birth and passport number

We provided certificate. I don't think my wife was given statement of results, secret number etc. She took test in February 2015

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:21 pm

zakikhan wrote:Surely this a typo??? 2013?! :?
I've taken the below from https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

For tests taken before 6 April 2013: Certificate, Statement of results, Candidate ID number and Candidate's secret number (applicants should provide Statement of Entry if possible)

For tests taken on or after 6 April 2013: no documents required (Scores must be verified using the Cambridge
English online system using name, date of birth and passport number

We provided certificate. I don't think my wife was given statement of results, secret number etc. She took test in February 2015
Yes yr right thats wat we provided the certificate they said using d o b n certificate number they cant find n my husband was given a secret number so we can access it. Its too confusing y they cant access it

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:35 pm

sister if you don't mind can you post up the reason for refusal as in the exact words the ECO used...

I think i've understood exactly what is taking place. They want all these things below. If these things weren't provided alongside certificate Grafton College have basically not done their job. ECO would say you should have checked this before applying. Even though it says 2013 on their website.

"For tests taken before 6 April 2013: Certificate, Statement of results, Candidate ID number and Candidate's secret number (applicants should provide Statement of Entry if possible) "

I might tell my wife to go to Islamabad and try to get the secret number etc if possible so I could send it to Sheffield. Desperate I know but 'm convinced it'll be a refusal now as secret number etc is what they're saying they need tp access result

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:55 pm

zakikhan wrote:sister if you don't mind can you post up the reason for refusal as in the exact words the ECO used...

I think i've understood exactly what is taking place. They want all these things below. If these things weren't provided alongside certificate Grafton College have basically not done their job. ECO would say you should have checked this before applying. Even though it says 2013 on their website.

"For tests taken before 6 April 2013: Certificate, Statement of results, Candidate ID number and Candidate's secret number (applicants should provide Statement of Entry if possible) "

I might tell my wife to go to Islamabad and try to get the secret number etc if possible so I could send it to Sheffield. Desperate I know but 'm convinced it'll be a refusal now as secret number etc is what they're saying they need tp access result
This us wat the eco wrote
You are not exempt from the english language requirement under paragraph e-ecp4 you have provided a certificate issued by cambridge english lanaguage assesment to demonstrate that you have met the english language requirement. Checks made on the organisation own online verification site have been completed using the following name, passport number, unique reference number on certificate. Appendux o of immigration rules states that fir tests tajen on or after 6th april scores will be verified onlibe as the checks detailed above have not shown any valid test taken or confirmed that the certifucates were issued i am not satisfied that you have either tajen an englush language test or that u have taken an english language test.

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Thank you sister, having read it I'm aghast at the fact that it is stated 'for tests taken on or after 6th April". Your husband took it in march so that point is redundant already!

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:04 pm

zakikhan wrote:Thank you sister, having read it I'm aghast at the fact that it is stated 'for tests taken on or after 6th April". Your husband took it in march so that point is redundant already!

Wat do u mean redundant i didnt understand

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:08 pm

@ tiger girl:
They have looked at Immigration Rules Appendix O which discusses the NEW APPROVED TESTS FROM 6TH APRIL ONWARDS. They haven't looked at the transitional arrangements list, which is where your husbands test is found, valid till 5th November 2015. Clear cut laziness and incompetence

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:10 pm

zakikhan wrote:@ tiger girl:
They have looked at Immigration Rules Appendix O which discusses the NEW APPROVED TESTS FROM 6TH APRIL ONWARDS. They haven't looked at the transitional arrangements list, which is where your husbands test is found, valid till 5th November 2015. Clear cut laziness and incompetence
Sorry it said 6 april 2013

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:13 pm

tiger girl wrote:
zakikhan wrote:@ tiger girl:
Sorry it said 6 april 2013
So have i chance if a apeal
???

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:17 pm

I'd speak to a solicitor, a good one as i'm no expert. If I understood the following https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

correctly, your english test was valid. I could be wrong annd my anger and emotion might be clouding my judgement

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Right I've had another look, if 2013 isn't a typo ( after research i don't think it is) then basically they're saying they can't find your results using your details on their system, as to why that is the case, I don't know. system error? maybe the reference number on certificate is wrong, which is why it would have been correct of Grafton College to have provided a statement of entry, secret number, identity number etc so you could verify your results online,

I can't advise as to your next move sister as I'm no expert and i don't want to misguide you, speak to solicitor tomorrow and take it from there. I can only hope for the best. Let us know, there are far more knowledgeable members on the form who may be able to point you in the right direction also in sha allah

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:26 pm

zakikhan wrote:I'd speak to a solicitor, a good one as i'm no expert. If I understood the following https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

correctly, your english test was valid. I could be wrong annd my anger and emotion might be clouding my judgement
Tanks for the advice inshallah il speak to a soliciter tomm n see wat he says its been helpful for yr advice. Tanks