ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adealerking

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by adealerking » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:20 pm

hinna wrote:
Hafsa&adilbanday wrote:
hinna wrote:Salaam,

How long should you wait before you should contact them for an update, is it 8 or 12 weeks?

Am I right in that decisions for spouse visa something along the timeline of between 3-6 months?

Jzk
Wa alaikum as salaam

Settlement visa
3 months
Or 84 days

So I'd get in touch after this time scale and get questioning
Is this from the date of Biometrics?

Jzk
Jee biometric / appointment at the VAC

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:32 pm

i.need.help wrote: Did you submit original certificate or copy only?
They dont require anything...for ielts i submitted a copy the premuim service guy returned the copy as well[/quote]
So you didn't submit a English test certificate at all? Not even the original?[/quote]
Nope. that is what they said, all will be verified online. I did provide reference and date of the test in the online application form

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Salam guys, after much trouble it turns out that the Grafton College where my wife took her English test, did provide a candidate number, secret number and statement of results. I registered to Cambridge Online and verified her result myself. She was emailed all these details but did not read them nor notify me about this :evil:

Please advise....should I send her ID Number, Candidate Number, statement of results etc to Sheffield??

Does the ECO need these to verify her result or will the reference number provided on the certificate i sent with application be enough?????
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:36 pm

zakikhan wrote:Salam guys, after much trouble it turns out that the Grafton College where my wife took her English test, did provide a candidate number, secret number and statement of results. I registered to Cambridge Online and verified her result myself. She was emailed all these details but did not read them nor notify me about this :evil:

Please advise....should I send her ID Number, Candidate Number, statement of results etc to Sheffield??

Does the ECO need these to verify her result or will the reference number provided on the certificate i sent with application be enough?????
I would say you should do whatever the instructions say. not more and not less.

check the "Documents required with application" column https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:56 pm

zakikhan wrote:Salam guys, after much trouble it turns out that the Grafton College where my wife took her English test, did provide a candidate number, secret number and statement of results. I registered to Cambridge Online and verified her result myself. She was emailed all these details but did not read them nor notify me about this :evil:

W salaam the number you gave me ring them tommorow morning n ask.them.if your wife details are on the database bacause when i rang today i got told grafton college did not let them.no its for immigration purpose if it is then they make it accesible for the . So tanks for your hekp u got a letter from cambridge explainig all this

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:12 pm

humbleguy wrote:

check the "Documents required with application" column https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

You make a valid point brother. I'm just bemused as to why they couldn't find @tiger girls score online when her husband sat the same test as my wife. I've actually verified it myself. The link you provided state clear instructions but for my peace of mind. In two minds now :| :?:

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:20 pm

zakikhan wrote:
humbleguy wrote:

You make a valid point brother. I'm just bemused as to why they couldn't find @tiger girls score online when her husband sat the same test as my wife. I've actually verified it myself. The link you provided state clear instructions but for my peace of mind. In two minds now :| :?:
That is just weird on the part of ECO. There are two questions asked in the online application that you submit:
ARE YOU EXEMPT FROM THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
REQUIREMENT?

and

HOW DID YOU MEET THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
REQUIREMENT?

We all pay attention to these questions because we bloody spend time and money to answer these question, yet they cannot even be bothered to check properly.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:23 pm

humbleguy wrote:
They dont require anything...for ielts i submitted a copy the premuim service guy returned the copy as well
So you didn't submit a English test certificate at all? Not even the original?[/quote]
Nope. that is what they said, all will be verified online. I did provide reference and date of the test in the online application form[/quote]
Very interesting. I wonder if others who took the same test as your spouse done the same, by not submitting their certificate and had their visa granted.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:26 pm

i.need.help wrote:
humbleguy wrote:
They dont require anything...for ielts i submitted a copy the premuim service guy returned the copy as well
So you didn't submit a English test certificate at all? Not even the original?
Nope. that is what they said, all will be verified online. I did provide reference and date of the test in the online application form[/quote]
Very interesting. I wonder if others who took the same test as your spouse done the same, by not submitting their certificate and had their visa granted.[/quote]
The thing is they dont ask for it as per their instructions:

For tests taken on or after 6
April 2013: no documents
required (Scores must be
verified using the Cambridge
English online system using
name, date of birth and
passport number)

She did the IELTS general exam which was taken before April 2015. are they not following this anymore?

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:29 pm

check the "Documents required with application" column https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf[/quote]

You make a valid point brother. I'm just bemused as to why they couldn't find @tiger girls score online when her husband sat the same test as my wife. I've actually verified it myself. The link you provided state clear instructions but for my peace of mind. In two minds now :| :?:[/quote]

That is just weird on the part of ECO. There are two questions asked in the online application that you submit:
REQUIREMENT?

and

REQUIREMENT?

We all pay attention to these questions because we bloody spend time and money to answer these question, yet they cannot even be bothered to check properly.[/quote]

if you read what the ECO wrote, its slightly contradictory. Appendix O states results will be verified using unique reference number.....transitional list states that verification will be checked using passport number etc...two different methods....eco used the transitional list mehtod...but referred to appendix o in his refusal!

I feel like sending the docs. Could it hinder my application? I doubt it. Might not strengthen it but at least i know Iv'e done all i could

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:31 pm

zakikhan wrote:I would say you should do whatever the instructions say. not more and not less.

You make a valid point brother. I'm just bemused as to why they couldn't find @tiger girls score online when her husband sat the same test as my wife. I've actually verified it myself. The link you provided state clear instructions but for my peace of mind. In two minds now :| :?:[/quote]

REQUIREMENT?

and

REQUIREMENT?

We all pay attention to these questions because we bloody spend time and money to answer these question, yet they cannot even be bothered to check properly.[/quote]

if you read what the ECO wrote, its slightly contradictory. Appendix O states results will be verified using unique reference number.....transitional list states that verification will be checked using passport number etc...two different methods....eco used the transitional list mehtod...but referred to appendix o in his refusal!

I feel like sending the docs. Could it hinder my application? I doubt it. Might not strengthen it but at least i know Iv'e done all i could[/quote]
I think you should send it if they have made the mistakes of not checking it. I sent mine, the did not include it in the pack for some weird reason!

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:36 pm

humbleguy wrote:
Very interesting. I wonder if others who took the same test as your spouse done the same, by not submitting their certificate and had their visa granted.[/quote]
The thing is they dont ask for it as per their instructions:

For tests taken on or after 6
April 2013: no documents
required (Scores must be
verified using the Cambridge
English online system using
name, date of birth and
passport number)

She did the IELTS general exam which was taken before April 2015. are they not following this anymore?[/quote]

My wife also did the IELTS general training exam before April 2015, all we did was submit the certificate with the rest of the documents and that's it. She done hers towards the end of last year.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:38 pm

@ humble guy
the two documents i will send are the statement of results ( which is basically a breakdown of how she performed in the test) and another document which contains her ID number and Secret Number. I enclosed her test certificate already

Did you enclose all docs or just the test certificate??

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:43 pm

zakikhan wrote:@ humble guy
the two documents i will send are the statement of results ( which is basically a breakdown of how she performed in the test) and another document which contains her ID number and Secret Number. I enclosed her test certificate already

No harm including all the documents. as I said, my wife did the IELTS exam, sent a copy of the certificate with the pack, the guy at the premium lounge service didn't even take that.

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:46 pm

humbleguy wrote:
zakikhan wrote:@ humble guy

No harm including all the documents. as I said, my wife did the IELTS exam, sent a copy of the certificate with the pack, the guy at the premium lounge service didn't even take that.
Ah apologies I misunderstood you. So much for the premium lounge service. Such twats there.

It's been a month since biometrics. Don't know if my wife's application even at Sheffield. No email as of yet.
I'm going to word a cover letter stating I'm enclosing these documents

SoStressed
Newly Registered

Post by SoStressed » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:06 am

I'm new to this, I have applied for my husband's spouse viss online on 13th August and sent documents to Sheffield on 20th. However, I did not send the printed online application form. I'm so worried that it will get refused because of this. My husband took it with him when he went to submit his biometrics but they didn't take it and aasked him to sign something else. I don't know what to do? I was advised that we do not need to send it from here but after reading this I realise we should have. Can someone please advise me what should I do?

nazimshah15

Post by nazimshah15 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:26 am

Alhamdulillah visa granted
*No English certificate just Naric comparability letter as my wife done Master in Pakistan.
*No house report
* Only skype chat conversation
I think you just need to have good permanent job and genuine documents non of my documents were attested from solicitor.
wish you everyone good luck
Thanks for all the help
timeline 29/05/15
processed 21/08/15
RFC 24/08/15

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:43 am

nazimshah15 wrote:Alhamdulillah visa granted
*No English certificate just Naric comparability letter as my wife done Master in Pakistan.
*No house report
I think you just need to have good permanent job and genuine documents non of my documents were attested from solicitor.
Thanks for all the help
timeline 29/05/15
processed 21/08/15
RFC 24/08/15
Congrats!!!! :):):)

tehmina

Post by tehmina » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:35 am

Humble guy
Have u esclated recently or got any update?
Visa Timeline
Online Application: 08/06/15 Type: Spouse Visa
Documents Submitted @ ISB: 12/06/15
Documents Received BHC ISB: 17/06/15
Esclation -6th August ---pres assessment done.
Update 12 August --application in progress.

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:45 am

tehmina wrote:Humble guy
Have u esclated recently or got any update?
Just sent an email for update. Also want to correct myself on this forum, asked my other half, in fact I have submitted the original IELTS test report with the application. I didnt notice I also submitted a copy of it and obviously they returned the copy and submitted the original. so phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! 8)

anxiouslywaiting

Post by anxiouslywaiting » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:47 am

*No house report
Thanks for all the help
timeline 29/05/15
processed 21/08/15
RFC 24/08/15
Hi Firstly Congratulations on getting the Visa,
can I ask did you get a email that said `This is an email to confirm that your visa application has been processed....
I just recieved this email yesterday

Midra

Post by Midra » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 am

Tehmina and Humbleguy

Any updates yet? My recent update,still not assessed by ECO :| no idea what they doing!

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:43 am

FOR THE ATTENTION OF APPLICANTS WITH CAMBRIDGE EENGLISH KET TEST VISA REFUSAL

Let me start of by saying that this is a serious issue with a confirmed report of 11 visa rejections, everything I will state has been obtained by me first hand and not these "oh do this and you will get your visa in a day" story.

What the UKVI uses is a portal that Cambridge English provide them with from which they can search for your details using your passport number etc. and it seems that some canditates details are not appearing on this portal. Now Cambridge English is pinning the blame on Grafton College or another visa test centre stating that they did not press the required button to submit the exam day photo.

Now I find this hard to believe as my sister in law did the same exam on the same day and both my wife and her got their results and my sister in law got her visa and everything checked out.

You have to understand with the new English exams coming into place the UKVI are now more stricter on the previous exam structure results.

What you need to get and you should APPEAL which I have done last week is a letter from your visa test centre confirming your spouse took the exam and one from camvr English confirming that your wife took the test and passed and also that the CONTINGENCY procedure that is available but somehow is refusing to use for our English results.

Any questions please do let me know and I know their is a deeper issue with the amount of people facing this situation and Cambridge English not fixing the problem and just playing the blame game.

In fact I even spoke to their UKVI relations office and she said she has been in touch with immigration and are trying to chase up the ECO's

Inshallah all our visas will be granted in appeal just have faith
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:49 am

*No house report
Thanks for all the help
timeline 29/05/15
processed 21/08/15
RFC 24/08/15
Mashallah really good news congrats

shfh7815
Pakistan

Post by shfh7815 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:50 am

So what date are appeals up to?
Is there a separate forum for people on appeals?
Biometrics 11th may
Processed 10th August - refused
Appeal submitted 26th Aug
Confirmation 12th October
MP letter 12th Nov
Appeal deadline- 22 Jan
Email- refusal overturned- 24th Nov
Call- will email letter for submission - 26th Nov