ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by stillwaiting123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:15 pm

umber ali wrote:Kindly please tell me usually how much time is required for final inquiries or final decision . My application has been referred to other authorities for final decision or enquiries on Thursday about eight days ago .
I m getting the same status still ..
Kindly someone tell me how much they take for that
???

Administrator ..
what is your biometric date????

and inshallah not too long now...
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Salaam
I have a question

My missus – has filled in the application form online – it is advised she print this off and sign it, and take it with her to appointment. This is all fine.

What I am confused about is that, the new rule of sending documents to Sheffield, does this include the application form. If so does she then need to send this over to me?

Very confused, please advise

I have all the documents required ie, Financial Requirements, Sponsor Form , Accom, Relationship (subsisting) etc etc, Work,

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:04 pm

bas0508 wrote:Salaam
I have a question

My missus – has filled in the application form online – it is advised she print this off and sign it, and take it with her to appointment. This is all fine.

What I am confused about is that, the new rule of sending documents to Sheffield, does this include the application form. If so does she then need to send this over to me?

Very confused, please advise

I have all the documents required ie, Financial Requirements, Sponsor Form , Accom, Relationship (subsisting) etc etc, Work,
Yea brother they don't take the application form off u at the embassy they give it back to u, u need to submit it with all your other supporting docs

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

cant blv

Post by cant blv » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:09 pm

i think new rules are
you have to make two copies signed
one is retained at the time of biometric other has to be sent to spouse
i learnt this on this forum
Application Date: 18 June
Biometric: 25 June Lahore

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:11 pm

cant blv wrote:i think new rules are
you have to make two copies signed
one is retained at the time of biometric other has to be sent to spouse
i learnt this on this forum
They take nothing at appointment but passport....

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:15 pm

JazakAllah for that. Thank you

I assume then, even if my wife, submits her online application, she prints it off, goes and does her bio data, etc, I cannot send my supporting docutments until i recieve her application.

That doesnt make sense to me...but I will get that done, its not a problem, as I have a relative coming back to uk in a few days

umber ali
Newly Registered

Post by umber ali » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:49 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Hi Shreen, can I please ask what is the process for escalating the application. I know the details that I must provide however, if you could tell me which email address I need to send these details to, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.
This request fro "Escalation" is a waste of time. Nothing is escalated on the request of the applicant requesting it, otherwise every Pakistani applicant will be asking for it. Application is a lengthy and detailed process.It only escalates further after the Officers making all the inquiries has completed that inquiry. That will only happen if the people from whom they are making their inquiries respond to te information they want.

For your inf, here is the process on how applicants are dealt with.
Ok folks you want to know what happen when you have lodged your application. This information is supplied to me by a very close friend who is very knowledgeable in the procedures.

After you hand your application into Gerry’s, they keep the copy file and the original is sent of the British Embassy. Some time this can take up to a week to get there as they have to be a certain number of applications because they are transported in a high security van.

Once they get to the British embassy, they are sorted out in date order an placed in locked storage until such time it is allocated to one of the Pakistani staff to make checks and inquiries in Pakistan about the applicant background.

All documents provided in Pakistan are checked and rechecked for their authentic and originality. Inquires and checks are made with various Pakistani government depts., schools, employers, Police and some time field visits to the applicants town or village are required if they is any doubt.

Most people know that things don’t move fast in Pakistan (if at all sometimes) these checks can take a good few weeks (even longer s there is the slightest doubt in application).

Once these checks are made and notes added to files, they are passed onto another person in another team, who then carries out checks on the Sponsor and the docs they have provided.

This person carries out the checks on the sponsors employers with HMRC, with the employers themselves, Police records, checks with Dept of Work and Pensions and the local Council on the individual themselves.

Once this is done, it is passed onto a third team whose job is to check the authenticity of the documents and works out whether the applicant meets the financial requirements depending on which category they apply.

Once this is one, it is passed onto the Entry Clearance Officer who will take intro consideration all the notes made by his other colleagues and then make the final decision to either grant or refuse the visa.

Once he has done this it is passed onto a team who will make arrangements to return the documents back to Gerry’s. In most but not all cases they inform the applicant or the sponsor the decision has been made and the docs will be returned to Gerry’s from where they can be collected.

Gerry’s will the either phone, write or send an email to applicant/their sponsor to come in and collect their docs. Remember Gerry’s don’t know whether the visa has been granted or refused as it comes in a sealed envelope.

Only when the applicant opens the envelope, they find out their fate.

Some of you ask why some take so long whilst other get sorted out within a few months. The answer is that no TWO applications are the same.

Each application takes different times when these checks are being made. This could be a result of no response from the people from whom the inquiries are being made with, or that as a result of one inquiry, it leads to other questions being asked from others. This drags out the matter even further.

Having worked in Government organizations myself in the UK for a good 20 years, believe me things do not happen quickly

Certain application are well written and presented in the correct format and with all the docs provided and cross referenced. This make s the job easier and quicker for those looking at the files. All the documents are provided and look genuine and just a quick glance by an experienced officer, knows that everything about the application is right.

There are certain applications that they get , which just do not look right from the very first glance. Documents are not worded correctly ( eg Employment letter is a classic example). Bank statements and wage slips do not match up, the amount of earnings that is required, does not add up, application made under wrong category etc.

Remember one thing and that is The Entry Clearance Officer ASSUMES that all applicants are liars…..the onus is on YOU to prove them wrong.

They have a very small amount of flexibility to be generous and overlook certain things, but more than one or two small errors, they will not let you off.

From experience and reading the refusals of people who post here, it looks like if you are self employed or work for a family or for an Asian employer, your application is likely to be scrutinized more than if you work for a well known company or public services.

I mean not many Asian firms in the restaurant or shops business pay the minimum wage let alone 18600 for a salary

I can understand why all these applications are carefully scrutinized .Unfortunately we Asian peoples have a habit of bending the rules slightly even though there is a straight forward way. We have a habit providing documents which are not genuine, when it is easier to say that these documents are not available.

We tell a small lie to start off with, but this small lie leads to more and bigger lies. We must learn to be honest and abide with the rules and laws of the land we live in

Hope this helps to explain the procedure, the reasons for the length of time differs for each application. You must learn to be patient. the average wait from Pakistan is nearly 6 months. So whilst you wait for your application to be dealt with, just carry on with life as normal and when Allah wills and decides your destiny, you will know.
https://www.facebook.com/Immigrationboa ... omPakistan

In all the procedure mentioned above when the application is referred to other authorities for final decision ?

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Raymandosnr wrote:
tiger girl wrote:Salaam everyone as your aware my case got refused just wanted to ask how do.we get an mp involved ive already sent my appeal but ive heard on this forum that if you involve my it gets looked at faster is that right ??!! Can anyone help...
You need to do two things:

1. Send an official complaint to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and give all you case details and why you were refuse and that you believe that the ECO did not do his job properly as your results are clearly online

2. Go to an open surgery or book an appointment with your local mp and tell him your story and also take all relevant evidence and he will contact ukvi and if successful they can get you your visa in two weeks inshallah
I'm going to see my MP on Friday inshallah and hopefully everything goes well as I have already appealed and submitted an official complaint
Tanks for the advice n sorry for late reply
Is it still ok for complaint if on my refusal letter it said could not verify online by the eco the leter by cambridge they wrote that on the day of examintion a photo was taken of by husband but due to technical fault it was not online for verifyfor the ukvi they hav privided the leter and have written that they can ask for manual. So can i still complaint as it was cambridge that effed up ????? Would like your advice onthis please tanks[/quote]

Hi Guys, Today My visa has been refused coz of English Language KET test
Same reason as yours, please help me to lodge an appeal, what should I do next?[/quote]

Can you post your refusal letter and best thing would be to appeal with letter from Cambridge and the test centre, still cant believe they are refusing people over the KET test still! Any issues let me know as I will be happy to help
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

Zainykhal

Post by Zainykhal » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi Guys, Today My visa has been refused coz of English Language KET test
Same reason as yours, please help me to lodge an appeal, what should I do next?[/quote]

Can you post your refusal letter and best thing would be to appeal with letter from Cambridge and the test centre, still cant believe they are refusing people over the KET test still! Any issues let me know as I will be happy to help[/quote]

I wanted to ask you, how did u lodge an appeal via online or post also did u go for oral hearing or paper based?
Yeh I have contacted grafton college and they said they will provide a letter from Cambridge that the certificate is authentic and the test confirmation letter from them.
Shall I involve a solicitor or paper based appeal should be enough.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Zainykhal wrote:Hi Guys, Today My visa has been refused coz of English Language KET test
Same reason as yours, please help me to lodge an appeal, what should I do next?
Can you post your refusal letter and best thing would be to appeal with letter from Cambridge and the test centre, still cant believe they are refusing people over the KET test still! Any issues let me know as I will be happy to help[/quote]

I wanted to ask you, how did u lodge an appeal via online or post also did u go for oral hearing or paper based?
Yeh I have contacted grafton college and they said they will provide a letter from Cambridge that the certificate is authentic and the test confirmation letter from them.
Shall I involve a solicitor or paper based appeal should be enough.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks[/quote]

Go for online as then you can use the AFT 2 form and go for oral and then it signals that you mean business, as for solicitor if you afford one go for it as it will give you piece of mind

arsn04
Newly Registered

Post by arsn04 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:16 am

Slam all
I did apply for spouse visa on 7 June n did biometric on 18 jun at Islamabad. Escalated in last week and got reply that pre assesment completed. Its in ECO queue for further checks/inquiries.
Did re escalate today n got same reply
Didn't get anything else yet. Neither delayed email nor any update. What should I do
Thanx for help

Brom

Post by Brom » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:20 am

humbleguy wrote:VISA GRANTEDDD. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH TO EACH AND EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE. THIS THREAD KEPT ME AT EASE ALL THE TIME. YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL.

I WILL NOW BE UNSUBSCRIBING FROM THE EMAILS BUT IF YOU REQUIRE ANY HELP OR ADVICE DROP ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Thanks

Humble guy
What English test did u take?
1st application refused in jan 12/11/2014
2nd online application 14/04/15
2nd application submitted islamabad 22/04/15
Delayed email - 27/08/2015
Processed on update email 18/09/15
Official processed email - 28/09/15
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

cant blv

Post by cant blv » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:02 pm

why pin drop silence here, June applicants please speak up,

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:08 pm

cant blv wrote:why pin drop silence here, June applicants please speak up,
Loads of news on the Facebook page

Visas granted....

Timeline: 

Bio: 12/06/15
Processed email: 16/09/15
Visa granted: 18/09/15
Karachi

16th June
Islamabad
Visa also granted today

15 June 2015
Processed email: 15 Sept 2015
Call received: 17 Sept 2015, VISA GRANTED 

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

Enn.Kayy
Newly Registered

Post by Enn.Kayy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Visa was refused today. Based on the fact that the ECO was not able to get results for Cambridge test online.

And they have also not returned the original certificate we sent with our application!

Soo annoyed right now!

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Cambridge have already told me that my result won't be visible to UKVI. Im going to get refused....and can't do anything...just waiting for bad news
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Zaki have you heard anything since - we applied same time and i havent heard anything except they got application.

and in india july ppl are all processed and got visa in 42 days and UKVI longing it out!

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 pm

yeah its empty here, more ppl, are on the FB group

cant blv

Post by cant blv » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:28 pm

ahhhh is it, how to register there . :?:

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:37 pm

cant blv wrote:ahhhh is it, how to register there . :?:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/spammer/

just request to join group

Zainykhal

Post by Zainykhal » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:23 pm

Visa was refused today. Based on the fact that the ECO was not able to get results for Cambridge test online.

And they have also not returned the original certificate we sent with our application!

Soo annoyed right now![/quote]

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately yesterday I got received for same reason as yours. But they returned my documents photocopies including English language documents copies. Normally they keep photocopies but they returned them to me this time.

Midra

Post by Midra » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Allhumdullilah got the visa today :)

Timeline:
Bio: 12/06/15
Processed email: 16/09/15
Visa granted: 18/09/15

cant blv

Post by cant blv » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 pm

@ midra
ma sha Allah, congratulations

Midra

Post by Midra » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Cant blv

Thank you :)

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Midra wrote:Cant blv

Thank you :)
Congratulations sister, can I please ask what english language test you husband took as the problem with the Cambridge KET test still seems to be ongoing