ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hayaahrff

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by hayaahrff » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Mentor_89 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:After how long does official email take to come through, after email sent, application has been processed but nothing official from UKVI.

We are in week 12.
Hi Mysterious. I am in the same boat as you. According to my dates the 60 working days are up for me this Friday. So, I think it's going to be very soon. I have only recieved one email from sheffield. That is when they recieved my app. After that; nothing! Just hoping and praying!
In shaa Allah duas you both get good news very soon

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:14 am

hayaahrff wrote:
Mentor_89 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:After how long does official email take to come through, after email sent, application has been processed but nothing official from UKVI.

We are in week 12.
Hi Mysterious. I am in the same boat as you. According to my dates the 60 working days are up for me this Friday. So, I think it's going to be very soon. I have only recieved one email from sheffield. That is when they recieved my app. After that; nothing! Just hoping and praying!
In shaa Allah duas you both get good news very soon
Thank you both, yes pray we all are re-united soon.

My 12 weeks i.e. 60 working days are up on monday. Yes i only had 2 emails, one to say recieved application and one for prepaid envelope.

I emailed myself and asked status - end of week 10 it wasnt assessed and yesterday it was processed so do they not look at it until week 11? Anyways, please update us once you know.

pindbanda
Newly Registered

Post by pindbanda » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:21 am

Salaam to you all.

Just wanted to let you know that I just found out my Wife was successful in obtaining her Visa this morning.

Our 60 working day period was reached around the 6th or 7th of October. I sent UKVI an enquiry, via their online system, on the 9th of October and received a reply within the hour informing me that the application had been processed and a decision has been made.

Yesterday, the 12th of October, my wife received an email that her documents were ready for collection. This was followed up by a phone call from the local visa centre in Islamabad this morning.

The visa is for a 30 day period, starting from the 28th of October until the 28th of November.

For those anxiously awaiting information about the Cambridge KET test, sat at Grafton in March, I am relieved to say that my wife's certificate was from that date.

Lastly, my wife's application was submitted in late June, before the 6th of July change, and her documents were rerouted to Sheffield, where the decision was made.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:46 am

pindbanda wrote:Salaam to you all.

Just wanted to let you know that I just found out my Wife was successful in obtaining her Visa this morning.

Our 60 working day period was reached around the 6th or 7th of October. I sent UKVI an enquiry, via their online system, on the 9th of October and received a reply within the hour informing me that the application had been processed and a decision has been made.

Yesterday, the 12th of October, my wife received an email that her documents were ready for collection. This was followed up by a phone call from the local visa centre in Islamabad this morning.

The visa is for a 30 day period, starting from the 28th of October until the 28th of November.

For those anxiously awaiting information about the Cambridge KET test, sat at Grafton in March, I am relieved to say that my wife's certificate was from that date.

Lastly, my wife's application was submitted in late June, before the 6th of July change, and her documents were rerouted to Sheffield, where the decision was made.

I think the ECO's in Sheffield are more competent than the one sin Islamabad and therefore will use their common sense when there are any issues with view the KET results online and if need be will use back up method, but congratulations
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

Haze77

English test - Pakistan Spouse Visa

Post by Haze77 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:56 am

Hi,

Trying to get visa for wife. Last time refused only because rental income was not going directly to bank account.

Making a fresh application.

Spouse passed city and guilds English tests in April 2013, in listening and speaking.

I understand that these English tests can be used if we make a fresh application before 5th November 2015.

Could somebody please confirm that this is the case and that the spouse does not need to take the new English test?

Many Thanks in advance.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:56 am

pindbanda wrote:Salaam to you all.

Congrats - yes it seems sheffield more competent and also your visa date is stamped for future travel because before people were collecting and one week was already gone so they had less time to travel

I know you emailed for update request but did you only recieve one official email saying come and collect passport and your spouse didnt get a processed email? (as you had an update request one)

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 am

Alhamdulilah alhamdulilah visa granted today...
official email received 12/10/2015 visa granted 13/10/2015
My 60 days processing time would end today
My sincere duas are with everyone still waiting
In shaa Allah you all hear about your cases soon too

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theelite16 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 am

Congrats to all that have had their visas granted.

Two questions please:

1) Apart from the one applicant photo on the printed application form, how many more do I need to give of the applicant?
2) Do I need to give any photos of myself, the sponsor?

Thank you

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:44 am

I received a letter from my MP today basically telling me that they won't look at the evidence even though it looks correct and the original decision made was wrong and all I have to do it appeal

pindbanda
Newly Registered

Post by pindbanda » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:45 am

Mysterious wrote: Congrats - yes it seems Sheffield more competent and also your visa date is stamped for future travel because before people were collecting and one week was already gone so they had less time to travel

I know you emailed for update request but did you only receive one official email saying come and collect passport and your spouse didn't get a processed email? (as you had an update request one)
My Wife received the emails and I asked her to send them all to me.

I think the processed email was received because we requested an update. I don't believe these are sent as a matter of course. My wife received the single email to collect, which was then followed up by a phone call this morning.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:17 am

pindbanda wrote:
Mysterious wrote: Congrats - yes it seems Sheffield more competent and also your visa date is stamped for future travel because before people were collecting and one week was already gone so they had less time to travel

I know you emailed for update request but did you only receive one official email saying come and collect passport and your spouse didn't get a processed email? (as you had an update request one)

I think the processed email was received because we requested an update. I don't believe these are sent as a matter of course. My wife received the single email to collect, which was then followed up by a phone call this morning.

Ok thanks and who got the docs back you in the uk or your wife? Also on your online application what was your travel date intended as they stamped the 30 day visa for 2 weeks time??

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:59 am

Raymandosnr wrote:I received a letter from my MP today basically telling me that they won't look at the evidence even though it looks correct and the original decision made was wrong and all I have to do it appeal
Hi so thay are saying that the review wont be look at that you have to appeal or are they saying that they are going to look at the appeal process not mp letter. Did your mp send all the corespondent that you sent to the appeal and a formal letter? Did they call mp or sent a leter to mp??

worried1

Post by worried1 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:03 pm

hi
today in the morning I emailed ukiv and asked for update
again I received email that it has not been assessed by an ECO
online app 08 june 2015
bio 17 june 2015
email received delayed for further enquiries 08 sept 2015
asked for update 05 oct recived email not yet been assessed by ECO
TODAY RECIEVED AN EMAIL ITS NOT BEEN SEEN
I do not understand what is going on
really worried and confused :(

Qures

Post by Qures » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:26 pm

worried1 wrote:hi
online app 08 june 2015
bio 17 june 2015
You can do nothing at this stage except WAIT.
Biometric:21/04/15
Refused:21/07/15
Appeal:14/08/15
Payment taken:27/08/15
Notice:11/09/15
Review deadline: 25/12/15
Hearing Date:05/05/2016
Call letter:31/08/2016
Passport submitted:01/09/2016
Passport collected:09/09/2016

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:51 pm

tiger girl wrote:
Raymandosnr wrote:I received a letter from my MP today basically telling me that they won't look at the evidence even though it looks correct and the original decision made was wrong and all I have to do it appeal
Hi so thay are saying that the review wont be look at that you have to appeal or are they saying that they are going to look at the appeal process not mp letter. Did your mp send all the corespondent that you sent to the appeal and a formal letter? Did they call mp or sent a leter to mp??
They will only look at the appeal that i have submitted, I will cal my MP to see if there is anything else he can do otherwise I have t wait for my appeal to be successful inshallah

pindbanda
Newly Registered

Post by pindbanda » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Mysterious wrote: Ok thanks and who got the docs back you in the uk or your wife? Also on your online application what was your travel date intended as they stamped the 30 day visa for 2 weeks time??
The supporting documentation was not given to my wife. I assume this will be sent using the prepaid envelope in due course.

My intended date of travel was 31st August. I'm happy with the 30 day window in which my Wife needs to be in the UK by, and also pleased that it doesn't start until 2 weeks from now.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Oh ok thanks, very helpful

pindbanda
Newly Registered

Post by pindbanda » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:27 pm

My prayers are with everyone awaiting an outcome of their applications, however my thoughts particularly go out to those that have been caught up in mess resulting from the Cambridge KET online verification problems.

In hindsight, I'm sure everyone would have just done IELTS if if they were aware of the potential mess that could result from the alternative. At the time though, there was no difference in acceptance between IELTS and KET, and no Oracle was around to forecast the better option.

Saying that they should have just done IELTS because it is so easy is of no help and unnecessarily rubs salt in a wound.

To all those awaiting decisions, or in the appeal process, I hope you receive the positive outcomes you are looking for.

Salaam

machodan
Newly Registered

Post by machodan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:54 pm

monadii wrote:salam everyone,
How does the candidate receive their A1 life skill results? Is it online through the British council website where they registered and paid or is it just the certificate through the post? How long after the test should we expect an answer.
Very grateful for your help.
You will get it by post within 7-8 days of the test date. I got mine exactly one week after the test.

machodan
Newly Registered

Post by machodan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:57 pm

I want to know whom should I address while writing the covering letter? I have seen some samples and they addressed to BHC Islamabad. Aren't the documents being processed in Sheffield now? People who have recently applied kindly shed some light on this.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:07 pm

I would address covering letter as UK Border agency or Uk visa and Immigration and well said pindbanda, its a very tough time, its hard to just wait 3 months for decision let alone it being rejected for no fault of their own.

god give everyone strength in this hard time.

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:39 pm

worried1 wrote:hi
online app 08 june 2015
bio 17 june 2015
Unfortunately with delay emails you don't know how long they will take
In shaa Allah don't worry just pray the wait is over soon

hayaahrff

Post by hayaahrff » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:41 pm

[quote="machodan"]I want to know whom should I address while writing the covering letter? I have seen some samples and they addressed to BHC Islamabad. Aren't the documents being processed in Sheffield now? People who have recently applied kindly shed some light on this.[/quote

Mine just said to whom in may concern wasn't addressed to anyone

Luckybird

Post by Luckybird » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:33 pm

pindbanda wrote:

My husband received an e-mail from CRMADMIN today followed by a telephone call today and will be collecting his passport tomorrow. It's taken them 2 weeks since the processed update to finally contact us for the collection of the passport.

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:00 pm

pindbanda wrote:My prayers are with everyone awaiting an outcome of their applications, however my thoughts particularly go out to those that have been caught up in mess resulting from the Cambridge KET online verification problems.

In hindsight, I'm sure everyone would have just done IELTS if if they were aware of the potential mess that could result from the alternative. At the time though, there was no difference in acceptance between IELTS and KET, and no Oracle was around to forecast the better option.

Saying that they should have just done IELTS because it is so easy is of no help and unnecessarily rubs salt in a wound.

To all those awaiting decisions, or in the appeal process, I hope you receive the positive outcomes you are looking for.

Salaam
Thank you, you hit the nail on the head