ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:00 pm

thanks agniukas

well base camp 2 now. going to base camp 3
better waiting for something than nothing anyways. maybe a year or more id say.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:08 pm

smalltime, they are still finalising 2006 applications, where docs like yours were requested around august-november 2008. but in some cases it's faster.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi too lazy to browse posts. hehehe
(actually busy at the moment)
QUESTION:

re: citizenship application further processing

what other documents usually they require after receiving letter asking for p21, bank statements, garda card? say after 8 - 10 months from sending additional documents (next year)

would they ask me payslips when decision is near? or other documents to process my application further.

Thanks guys

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:51 pm

smalltime, they shouldn't ask for anything else, unless you are a self employed and would need to present the letter from the revenue that your tax affairs are in order.
the other thing they may ask is the proof that you renewed your GNIB card if it is close to expiring. or any documents that they forgot to ask the first time and it was noticed during the final stages. those could be something like birth affidavit, etc. usually no payslips needed at that stage, but noone knows how it may change in a year's time...

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:36 pm

thanks for your reply agniukas

now its time to hibernate hehehe

cheers

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:32 pm

I'm one of the infamous group of 06 applicants. I'm now heading to the 42nd month in waiting. After letters to the INIS, TD, the minister of Justice by myself and other entities, I'm still getting the same rubbish standard replies from officials at the INIS with the likes of "...a privilidge and not a right.." .. "individual cases can take longer" .. etc.

I'm at a juncture where I've limited options but nothing to loose really. I'm seriously thinking of formally initiating a case in the high court to force the INIS to make a decision. I'm interested to know if any other 06 applicants pursued or are thinking about going that route. I think waiting for 42 months when the INIS bluntly says 24 months waiting time is both scandulous and atrocious.

Your input is greatly appreciated

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:44 pm

i know a guy (friend of a friend) who recently got a refusal letter. he was one of 06 or even 05 applicants. the reason was social welfare. not sure of his personal circumstances though. but i think he was claiming social welfare for a while and now is running his own business (again not sure whether that is done officially). anyway, the guy is very upset and is planning to appeal the decision. however, i don't think there is any appeals procedure available...
so sometimes no decision is better than a negative decision...

EBS

Post by EBS » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:34 pm

malcolmrx wrote:I'm one of the infamous group of 06 applicants. I'm now heading to the 42nd month in waiting. After letters to the INIS, TD, the minister of Justice by myself and other entities, I'm still getting the same rubbish standard replies from officials at the INIS with the likes of "...a privilidge and not a right.." .. "individual cases can take longer" .. etc.

I'm at a juncture where I've limited options but nothing to loose really. I'm seriously thinking of formally initiating a case in the high court to force the INIS to make a decision. I'm interested to know if any other 06 applicants pursued or are thinking about going that route. I think waiting for 42 months when the INIS bluntly says 24 months waiting time is both scandulous and atrocious.

I was waiting 43.5 months, did you see previous post regarding Court outcome in relation to the waiting time, it solely and fully in the Ministers power to hold your application as long as DOJ has to and they dont have to give you explanation.

crown

Post by crown » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:58 pm

malcolmrx wrote:I'm one of the infamous group of 06 applicants. I'm now heading to the 42nd month in waiting. After letters to the INIS, TD, the minister of Justice by myself and other entities, I'm still getting the same rubbish standard replies from officials at the INIS with the likes of "...a privilidge and not a right.." .. "individual cases can take longer" .. etc.

This is not advisable otherwise you risk getting a refusal I think a long silence is still better than refusal A refusal means start again
Crown

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:40 am

When in 06?
I was April 06 and only got my approval a couple of months ago, after rought 40 months. So I wouldn't lose hope just yet, perhaps try and just ignore it for another couple of months and hopefully it'll come through! That's what I did. Don't lose hope.

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Certificate Of Naturalization

Post by Cofimvaba » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Has anyone received their Certificate of Naturalization after taking the Oath of Fidelity in the past week

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Has anyone received their Certificate of Naturalization after taking the Oath of Fidelity in the past week
is it in relation to people who got their certs in the past week
or
is it in relation to people who took oath last week?

HSE

Post by HSE » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:49 am

Finally first letter for my wife came yesterday from INIS after more three years (39 months to be precise)asking for p-21, three recent pay slips and bank statements or if she is not working then spouse documents as above. she applied in june 06 and i did in nov 05. Seemingly they linked our applications together and treating it as one. two months ago the lady on the phone told us that she is waiting for famous WFOA in her application. Just wondering what all does that means ..... coz for me i was asked in june 08 for birth affidavit and thats it i m waiting more than a year now. few people here have been asked for GNIB card as well. Is it kind of random requests or something else..is it kind a last check etc.. will appreciate your views....

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:18 pm

HSE

i think they ask for GNIB card if they see it expired already. like mine i got letter asking for p21 , bank statements and GNIB card last friday. because my GNIB card expired 3 weeks ago. (but renewed it lately) they just want to see if youre papers are still in order.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:00 am

HSE wrote:Finally first letter for my wife came yesterday from INIS after more three years (39 months to be precise)asking for p-21, three recent pay slips and bank statements or if she is not working then spouse documents as above. she applied in june 06 and i did in nov 05. Seemingly they linked our applications together and treating it as one. two months ago the lady on the phone told us that she is waiting for famous WFOA in her application. Just wondering what all does that means ..... coz for me i was asked in june 08 for birth affidavit and thats it i m waiting more than a year now. few people here have been asked for GNIB card as well. Is it kind of random requests or something else..is it kind a last check etc.. will appreciate your views....
NEVER leave anything pending for INIS to use as excuse. For those of us who are in 'Initial processing' stage, send the bloody affidavits, GNIB card copies & P21s of each year right away - The notorious 'WFOA' is beyond us - we could atleast save some time by sending these documents promptly.

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:09 pm

2 friends of mine applied in aug 07 were told that their applications have been sent to Minister in first week of Oct 2009.And were told to expect decision by the end of Nov.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:47 am

jakli wrote:2 friends of mine applied in aug 07 were told that their applications have been sent to Minister in first week of Oct 2009.And were told to expect decision by the end of Nov.
Unbelievable, there's still plenty of 06 applicantions pending :-(

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:06 pm

jakli wrote:2 friends of mine applied in aug 07 were told that their applications have been sent to Minister in first week of Oct 2009.And were told to expect decision by the end of Nov.
I applied July 07. Called them today and I was told they are now waiting on one report. One has arrived. They did not tell me which.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

crown

Post by crown » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 pm

Aceform wrote:
Unbelievable, there's still plenty of 06 applicantions pending :-(
Aceform
I am 06 and waiting but I have seen 08 application granted
Wonders never end in the Justice Department
Crown

Long Journey
Newly Registered

Post by Long Journey » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi All... Finally after almost 3 years I received my approval of naturalization today!!! My Time line is as follows

Applied December 2006
Additional Information requested February 2009
Approval received October 2009

Best of luck to everyone else... Your day too will come.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm

Long Journey wrote:Hi All... Finally after almost 3 years I received my approval of naturalization today!!! My Time line is as follows

Applied December 2006
Additional Information requested February 2009
Approval received October 2009

Best of luck to everyone else... Your day too will come.
Congratulations Long Journey!!!!

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:04 pm

[quote="jakli"]2 friends of mine applied in aug 07 were told that their applications have been sent to Minister in first week of Oct 2009.And were told to expect decision by the end of Nov.[/quote]

Today another friend of mine was told that his application is with the minister.He applied in June 07was told told the same 6-8 weeks ,its going to take.
My application had some mistake which i clarified and hope mine is going to minister in a week or two.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi jakli if you dont mind me asking what kind of mistake.
and what did they say about it.
thanks

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:52 pm

Dear all,

After a long wait I finally received a letter of approval. Timelines are:

Application : June 06
Further Documents Sent : September 08
Approval : October 09

I sincerely wish all those waiting here the best of luck.

This has been the end of one journey and the start of another waiting for the certificate of naturalization. I was wondering if I remember correctly that the GNIB card needs to be sent with the declaration form (Form 7). Is that correct I just don't seem to see a requirement for that in the letter.

Also any suggestions on how to get a quick court appearance for the declaration. I live in the munster area so Is it just to turn up infront of my local court any day and ask them to take the oath or Do I have to make an appointment? (please note I don't live in Dublin).

Thanks again for your continued support and help and wish you all the best of luck. I'll keep you posted with my progress.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:03 pm

malcolmrx wrote:Dear all,

After a long wait I finally received a letter of approval. Timelines are:

Application : June 06
Further Documents Sent : September 08
Approval : October 09

I sincerely wish all those waiting here the best of luck.

This has been the end of one journey and the start of another one waiting for the certificate of naturalization. I was wondering if I remember correctly that the GNIB card needs to be sent with the declaration form (Form 7). Is that correct I just don't seem to see a requirement for that in the letter.

Also any suggestions on how to get a quick court appearance for the decision. I live in the munster area so Is it just turn up infront of my local court one day and ask them to take the oath or Do I have to make an appointment? (please note I don't live in Dublin).

Thanks again for your continued support and help and wish you all the best of luck. I'll keep you posted with my progress.
Congratulations!

When I sent my documents off for the certificate, I sent in the bank draft, two photos and my GNIB card.

For the court appearance, just ring up the district courts in your area and see who can take you first. I just got the numbers from the phone book. In my case, however, since there is a district court in my town, I had no choice; I needed to attend that court. For instance, even though the district court in Cork city had appointments available for the following day, the court clerk told me that I had to attend the court in my local town, even though this meant I had to wait 6 weeks over the summer recess for the first sitting in September.

Good luck.