ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shendean

Post by shendean » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
shendean wrote:wooo october applicant ! but ur visa was student. im just doing extension
Correction, it's November applicant
oh yes. im november.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 pm

this guy is very lucky i applied on october before 1 month he got his approval first lucky one congrats
Do good and get reward

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: still want to know

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm

kings76 wrote:@ hth,,yes nwaokorobia is my middle name and maybe it is 62 now and my question is why the delay and why they are not following it orderly based on how it is been submitted some say they are doing it based on when it is been summited while some said it is when the biometric was taken,whatever one my application is going to 8 months
Honestly speaking UKBA can get away with saying anything. So, we can't really rely on what they claim. Do we have any other option. Would you believe them? Recently Mr Prime Minister said they are exporting curries to India. Do you believe it? Mr PM might next say he'd sell some ice to the Eskimos or export chow-mean to china.

Further this skydrive is maintained on this forum and has got nothing to do with the UKBA. I wish they followed a sequence.

Also, the spread sheet gets sorted every time a new entrant enters his details or someone gets a decision. Which means you'd never be on the same row permanently. I've updated your record to your username to avoid further confusion.

Finally, I meant "Hope that helps" when I typed HTH...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

waitingformonths
Newly Registered

Post by waitingformonths » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:59 pm

i have applied for my spouse's FLR(M). Last week, we did the biometrics and I was thinking it will not be long enough before we get our documents and visa back. But looking at this forum it looks like some people had to wait ages before getting back the BRP and the documents. Anyways, our timeline is ......

FLR(M)
submitted on: 09-Jan-2013
payment taken on: 11-Jan-2013
acknowledgement letter: on 18-Jan-2013
biometrics letter received on: 06-Feb-2013
biometrics done on: 11-Feb-2013

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 am

Damanisshallo wrote: Further this skydrive is maintained on this forum and has got nothing to do with the UKBA. I wish they followed a sequence.
As do I.

Many congratulations to the people who have been recently successful! I'm happy for them and would never wish for anyone to have to wait longer than they do. But I have to say I find it absolutely unbelievable that December and January bios are being approved ahead of August (the month they're officially on as of last week) and even some earlier months which are still outstanding - in another forum there is someone with June bios still waiting who is understandably desperate for a decision, and now it seems even complex cases from later months are going ahead.

Please understand I have nothing against these successful people, and as I said I'm totally happy for them. We're all in this wait together! But it does completely show the UKBA to be liars and idiots when they say "We go by biometrics and strictly in date order" when clearly that's not the case. Why not just admit they grab whatever comes to hand? I'd be less upset then about the fact I've now been waiting 7.5 months if they were simply honest.

Best of luck to all still waiting.

shendean

hi luckyjinx and dama!

Post by shendean » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 am

i knw u have been very helpful here.but would like to ask

My sister wants to come over here in the UK and wants to work.

What visa she can get to work here??
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 am

Has Xiaozhu gotten documents back yet or is the UKBA still holding them unnecessarily?

luckyjinx

Re: hi luckyjinx and dama!

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 am

shendean wrote:i knw u have been very helpful here.but would like to ask

My sister wants to come over here in the UK and wants to work.

What visa she can get to work here??
Probably a Tier 2, which will require sponsorship from a company. But it is VERY difficult to get a work visa unless you are on a list of jobs which are currently in demand.

As this thread is for FLR(M), maybe start a new topic so that the two don't get mixed up. I've PMed you with more info.

kings76

still hopeful

Post by kings76 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

Application submitted 29/6/12,biometric taken,15/10/12,lawyer and MP have written to ukba, still no good outcome,made an official complaint ,please is it that they totally not working on the application or they feel am disturbing them too much,my head is bursting,what's the different between it is in decision making stage and its still with a case worker I don't know what to think again

luckyjinx

Re: still hopeful

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 am

kings76 wrote:Application submitted 29/6/12,biometric taken,15/10/12,lawyer and MP have written to ukba, still no good outcome,made an official complaint ,please is it that they totally not working on the application or they feel am disturbing them too much,my head is bursting,what's the different between it is in decision making stage and its still with a case worker I don't know what to think again
kings76, I'm sorry but I don't think anyone here can tell you anything. We are all in the dark as far as what they're actually doing is concerned. I've been told my application is being processed for the last week and a half, so who knows what's going on? Maybe it just means it's been picked up by a case worker as part of the next stack they are going to work on.

I'm sorry I can't give you more consolation than that but if it helps, there are people who haven't "disturbed" them at all who are also stuck waiting with no word. It is just cruel randomness that determines when your lucky day will come. Again, I'm sorry and I hope yours comes soon.

mishfitt

Post by mishfitt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 pm

interesting article from USA (found when googled ukba is a joke!)

http://tippnews.com/national-news/u-k-m ... nt-delays/ :P

JonPaula
Newly Registered

Docs back

Post by JonPaula » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm

My wife just rang to tell me we have received our passport and visa.

We applied on 7 July 2012.

All the best to everybody who is waiting.

Jon

DieselD

Re: Docs back

Post by DieselD » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 pm

JonPaula wrote:My wife just rang to tell me we have received our passport and visa.

We applied on 7 July 2012.

All the best to everybody who is waiting.

Jon
Fantastic Wednesday for you.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

ID29

Post by ID29 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm

luckyjinx wrote:... We're all in this wait together! But it does completely show the UKBA to be liars and idiots when they say "We go by biometrics and strictly in date order" when clearly that's not the case. Why not just admit they grab whatever comes to hand?
I posted a theory a couple of pages back suggesting a possible reason for some of the discrepancy. I also believe they have different teams working on these applications and its only natural there would be some variation in performance between them.

You are correct though, they are evidently not operating in the rather simplistic date-order manner they suggest.

I'm sure what the UKBA do is complicated, and with the new rules/forms/policies/training its gotten a lot more difficult. Throw in the computer problems, the spike in applications, the Olympics, staff cuts plus ever growing political pressure from above and 2012 probably wasn't one of their better years.

I think we'd all like to see a quicker application process... and considering how much we pay for it, I think we deserve nothing less. But in the meantime the UKBA needs to be much more transparent. They might begin by explaining their processes, staff numbers, locations. Additionally, the caseworker should send an sms or email to the applicant to inform them their case is being dealt with. And it wouldn't take too much effort for the UKBA to post a real-time update on their website (even if only updated once a month).

We were lucky in that we waited less than most... but frankly, except in the most difficult cases, it shouldn't take more than a few weeks to process an application. There have been recent signs of improvement, lets hope it continues.
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

ID29 wrote:
luckyjinx wrote:... We're all in this wait together! But it does completely show the UKBA to be liars and idiots when they say "We go by biometrics and strictly in date order" when clearly that's not the case. Why not just admit they grab whatever comes to hand?
I posted a theory a couple of pages back suggesting a possible reason for some of the discrepancy. I also believe they have different teams working on these applications and its only natural there would be some variation in performance between them.

You are correct though, they are evidently not operating in the rather simplistic date-order manner they suggest.

I'm sure what the UKBA do is complicated, and with the new rules/forms/policies/training its gotten a lot more difficult. Throw in the computer problems, the spike in applications, the Olympics, staff cuts plus ever growing political pressure from above and 2012 probably wasn't one of their better years.

I think we'd all like to see a quicker application process... and considering how much we pay for it, I think we deserve nothing less. But in the meantime the UKBA needs to be much more transparent. They might begin by explaining their processes, staff numbers, locations. Additionally, the caseworker should send an sms or email to the applicant to inform them their case is being dealt with. And it wouldn't take too much effort for the UKBA to post a real-time update on their website (even if only updated once a month).

We were lucky in that we waited less than most... but frankly, except in the most difficult cases, it shouldn't take more than a few weeks to process an application. There have been recent signs of improvement, lets hope it continues.
Exactly - it's the transparency that I want. If it takes 10 months to process, fine. If there are different teams, and each individual grabs a stack of applications so that the next person who goes grabs a muuuuuch later app and happens to get it done faster, fine. But don't feed us BS about it and don't lie. Just say "This is what happens, we're sorry" instead of insisting that it is all done in date order.

The other thing is this - yes there will be some discrepancy, but surely it's not difficult to make sure that everyone from June is done before jumping ahead to January? I mean that kind of goes beyond discrepancy.

JonPaula - Congratulations!! I'm actually extra happy to hear that you're successful, because my parents have been concerned that the noise I've been making has gotten me put on the UKBA's "s*** list" and I've been bumped to the very bottom of the pile, but you've been making noise too. Well done.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Tipp News Daily wrote:In other news, the British Consulate in New York recently made the announcement that U.K. settlement visa applications which were previously processed in the United States, will now be processed by the UK Border Agency in Sheffield, U.K.
Hope this doesn't slow down the already slow process.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

skrskr

Post by skrskr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 pm

hi
i applied for flr(m) for my wife when i got my iLR through 10 year long residency....she got her biometrics in January and we did it on 18th January...is there any possibilty that i can request my documents back..i mean my passport and biometrics card..i need to show to my new job...and do i need to request or my wife need to request regarding my documents..please some help if they did request documents before
thanks
skrskr

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

skrskr wrote:hi
i applied for flr(m) for my wife when i got my iLR through 10 year long residency....she got her biometrics in January and we did it on 18th January...is there any possibilty that i can request my documents back..i mean my passport and biometrics card..i need to show to my new job...and do i need to request or my wife need to request regarding my documents..please some help if they did request documents before
thanks
skrskr
Read this post. With looks of the ROC Form, I presume it should be the applicant who has to request the docs unless otherwise a representative has been used.
Skydrives, Templates

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
thanks
skrskr
Read this post. With looks of the ROC Form, I presume it should be the applicant who has to request the docs unless otherwise a representative has been used.
Actually, it is the document owner who must request documents. I (the American applicant) tried to request my husband's (UK) passport back and was told that he must make the request himself.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:13 pm

luckyjinx wrote:Actually, it is the document owner who must request documents. I (the American applicant) tried to request my husband's (UK) passport back and was told that he must make the request himself.
Now thats a NEWS for me....Weird, who does the below questions relates to?

Do you want to withdraw your application?*

Does this means a sponsor can withdraw the main applicant's application? as there would be no outstanding application of the sponsor???

Please specify whose documents you require * Main applicant – Spouse – Dependant – Sponsor - All (delete as appropriate)

What for is this question when they know they can return the requester's docs???????
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
luckyjinx wrote:Actually, it is the document owner who must request documents. I (the American applicant) tried to request my husband's (UK) passport back and was told that he must make the request himself.
Now thats a NEWS for me....Weird, who does the below questions relates to?

Do you want to withdraw your application?*

Does this means a sponsor can withdraw the main applicant's application? as there would be no outstanding application of the sponsor???

Please specify whose documents you require * Main applicant – Spouse – Dependant – Sponsor - All (delete as appropriate)

What for is this question when they know they can return the requester's docs???????

I don't think its asking who is requesting anywhere on the form apart from the question

Do you want to withdraw your application ?

So I think its not a big issue.

Just say No and in the last question leave the sponsor and within bracket mention the name.

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:02 pm

I found it strange as well, but I got an email back from them saying that they needed the form resent from my husband/his email address. So we did, and as saanju9 noted, just put NO in the question about withdrawing the application. Not a big deal.

ETA:
The exact text of the email:
Thank you for your request for return of documents.
In order to return the documents you have requested, we need the form to be completed by the document owner.
Please resubmit the form to the usual email address.

rassell
Newly Registered

Flr m

Post by rassell » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi thanks to all .finally my waiting is over . I
Have got my documents today,BRP with in 7 days
I applied 30/5/2012
Bio 05/07/2012
More documents.Sent 11/02/2013
Documents return 20/02/2013
BRP: within 7 days
Visa from:tier 4
Thanks to all again
I am so happy hope your documents coming soon

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Congrats rassell, I'm glad to see they haven't forgotten people with mid-2012 biometrics!

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 pm

luckyjinx wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
thanks
skrskr
Actually, it is the document owner who must request documents. I (the American applicant) tried to request my husband's (UK) passport back and was told that he must make the request himself.
That's correct. My husband(sponsor) needed his passport back and he sent the form to UKBA and got his passport after few days.