ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Naveed777
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Naveed777 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:30 pm

shakoorh wrote:The "case is not straightforward" is probably just a generic email that they send out when they are not running to their standard time limit. It most likely doesn't mean your case isn't straightforward, it just means that they are busy and can't get the case sorted within the 12 week limit. Be patient, insha'Allah your visas will be granted.
Yes you are right and it may be different for each application as they say they want to verify some documents and depending on how quickly they get them verified. I see your Biometrics day same as mine and sorry for the refusal. Do you mind sharing what was the reason(s) for refusal and have you appealed or planning to reapply..

InshAllah1990
Newly Registered

Post by InshAllah1990 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Right people stop worrying over the "not straightforward and delay emails"

We received a not straightforward email and worried about it for a whole month!

But Alhamdullilah our visa was grated last Friday,

Just be patient and keep faith in Allah.

InshAllah1990
Newly Registered

Post by InshAllah1990 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:48 pm

aadi90 wrote:Thanks my love.. Hubby thinks this means a 50% refusal and i'm scared he may be right. I wonder why they believe it's not a straight forward case.. :'(
hinna wrote:
aadi90 wrote:Received an official delay email "case not straightforward" anybody else who has received such mail.. Can u please detail how long it has taken for you to get ur passport?
Distraught :( was expecting an email for collection.
I'm sorry to hear that.. I'm not sure how much longer it can take.. Insh Allah it wont be to long have saber and insh Allah the end result will be good.

They told us the same, but our visa is granted.
Don't worry, we worried a lot and now regret all the stressing just stay strong.
They are generic emails!

worried1

Post by worried1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:58 pm

After reading some of the messages, they give a lot
of couragment,
but i really cant understand whats going on,
after the delay email on the 08 sept 2015
i recieved another email after i asked for
update, Email said not yet seen by an
ECO.
I then sent my info email , and recieved
another email that file has been located
and has beem ESCALATED to the relavent
departement, on the 27 Oct 2015
Another update after that email, case has
not been seen by ECO
after i asked for update again another email
on the 17 November 2015 that case has been
ESCALATED to the relvant department again!!!!
As some have said on this forum that these
emails are only generated, so does that mean
they just send them randomly without
checking the GWF ref
seriosly its so stressing

worried1

Post by worried1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:02 pm

aadi90 wrote:Received an official delay email "case not straightforward" anybody else who has received such mail.. Can u please detail how long it has taken for you to get ur passport?
hi aadi90 i got delay email 08sept 2015
and still waiting ..

Inshaallah786
Newly Registered

Post by Inshaallah786 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:33 pm

worried1 wrote:
hi aadi90 i got delay email 08sept 2015
and still waiting ..

Hi, I also received a not straightforward email and that my application won't be considered in standard time however it was exactly 12 weeks on Monday and today my husband received a collection email. I was also really worried thinking it will take long etc, but it was processed in standard time, don't really understand what they class as not straightforward :roll:

Inshaallah786
Newly Registered

Post by Inshaallah786 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:39 pm

@sarah786
It is also 4 years for me trying, last time I applied it took 14 months for them to reply and it was a refusal it was at the time the cases were on hold, it's my second application now. I have been waiting so long, I just hope Allah Paak makes this my time to be with my spouse. Pls do dua for me I will update when my husband collects passport

Applied 21.08.15
Biometric 24.08.15
Not straightforward email 02.11.15
Processed email today

newbie_1
Newly Registered

Post by newbie_1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Salam guys,

Quick question to anybody that can help. I'm just starting to do the online forms for my wife who is in Pakistani (I'm in the UK).

It's asking for a "Biometric Residence Permit" collection. Is this something I collect? Or my wife? and is this collected from the UK or Pakistan? Totally confused

If anybody can help, would appreciate. Jzk

Go0612
Newly Registered

Post by Go0612 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:12 pm

newbie_1 wrote:Salam guys,

Quick question to anybody that can help. I'm just starting to do the online forms for my wife who is in Pakistani (I'm in the UK).

It's asking for a "Biometric Residence Permit" collection. Is this something I collect? Or my wife? and is this collected from the UK or Pakistan? Totally confused

WaSalam Bro,

She will be given 30 Days visa In sha ALLAH to come here and then she needs to collect this from here.

Keep us in your prayers thanks

Best of luck

newbie_1
Newly Registered

Post by newbie_1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Go0612 wrote:

WaSalam Bro,

She will be given 30 Days visa In sha ALLAH to come here and then she needs to collect this from here.

Best of luck
It initially gave me the option to collect from my local post office - is this correct? Do I need to do anything else here?

Also another quickie :lol: Are there two separate tests which my pakistani spouse needs to take? I know you book the Biometric tests online... but is there another TB test?

Thank you!

InshAllah bro. Just been reading some of the comments here, and wish everyone luck. Always praying. May Allah SWT help us all

PunjabiPrince
Newly Registered

Post by PunjabiPrince » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Salaam all,

Im a little concerned. I have not recieved an email stating the application has been recieved by the home office.

Can anyone else relate?

Timeline:

Online application: 08/10/15
Biometrics in Islamabad: 09/10/15
Online application recieved: 14/10/15
Docs sent to Sheffield: 16/10/15

Go0612
Newly Registered

Post by Go0612 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:29 pm

newbie_1 wrote:
Go0612 wrote:

WaSalam Bro,

Best of luck
It initially gave me the option to collect from my local post office - is this correct? Do I need to do anything else here?

Also another quickie :lol: Are there two separate tests which my pakistani spouse needs to take? I know you book the Biometric tests online... but is there another TB test?

Thank you!

InshAllah bro. Just been reading some of the comments here, and wish everyone luck. Always praying. May Allah SWT help us all
Thanks.

Yes local post office is fine.

And yes TB Test appointment needs to be booked separately. You will only be able to book online biometrics appointment at Gerry's Office where she will also submit her passport and photograph.

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:40 pm

salam guys,

@ anyone who has had visa granted....does the passport need to have date of 33 months stamped onto passport photo page? ? is this standard procedure?? My wifes visa says MULT in reference to number of entries and date of travel is 15 November - 15 December.
In a separate letter she was given....it states that visa is from November - August 2018...
and finally...interview when she arrives?
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

Pardesi895
Newly Registered

Post by Pardesi895 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:02 am

Masha'Allah congratulations to Sarah and everyone else who got their visas today. Please keep the rest of us who are waiting, in your duaas please. May Allah make it easy for everyone and grant them success. Ameen!

sal29
Newly Registered

Post by sal29 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:06 am

Congrats to everyone who received good news!

Quick question, is the 28 day rule about some documents from the online application or biometrics day?

aadi90

Post by aadi90 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 am

sal29 wrote:Congrats to everyone who received good news!

Quick question, is the 28 day rule about some documents from the online application or biometrics day?
It's from the date of the online application
Visa Timeline
Married: 13/10/2014
Online Application: 26/08/2015
Biometric @ Karachi: 28/08/2015
Documents Received @ Sheffield: 08/09/2015
Confirmation email from Sheffield : 19/09/2015
RFC: 18/12/2015
Alhamdolillah Visa Granted!!!!

aadi90

Post by aadi90 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:35 am

Inshaallah786 wrote:@sarah786
It is also 4 years for me trying, last time I applied it took 14 months for them to reply and it was a refusal it was at the time the cases were on hold, it's my second application now. I have been waiting so long, I just hope Allah Paak makes this my time to be with my spouse. Pls do dua for me I will update when my husband collects passport

Applied 21.08.15
Biometric 24.08.15
Processed email today

Hi.. Did u email them for an update and receive the delay email as a reply of that or was it an official delay mail??
Many thanks
Visa Timeline
Married: 13/10/2014
Online Application: 26/08/2015
Biometric @ Karachi: 28/08/2015
Documents Received @ Sheffield: 08/09/2015
Confirmation email from Sheffield : 19/09/2015
RFC: 18/12/2015
Alhamdolillah Visa Granted!!!!

QudratullahKader
Afghanistan

Post by QudratullahKader » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:18 am

Hi everyone1!

I m so worried sime1 kind can truly help
me Please, as you can see my timeline below, I m in week 7 have just request for an update on status of my visa and got reply which says delay further enquiries conducted. Does it a good sign or sign of a refusal case .

newbie_1
Newly Registered

Post by newbie_1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:44 am

Salam guys,

If anybody can help, would appreciate. Jzk[/quote]

WaSalam Bro,

Best of luck[/quote]

Thank you!

InshAllah bro. Just been reading some of the comments here, and wish everyone luck. Always praying. May Allah SWT help us all[/quote]

Thanks.

Yes local post office is fine.

And yes TB Test appointment needs to be booked separately. You will only be able to book online biometrics appointment at Gerry's Office where she will also submit her passport and photograph.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification bro. How do I book the TB test?

Jzk.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:55 am

QudratullahKader wrote:Hi everyone1!

me Please, as you can see my timeline below, I m in week 7 have just request for an update on status of my visa and got reply which says delay further enquiries conducted. Does it a good sign or sign of a refusal case .
not sure as i also recieved email,
"delayed for further enquiries"
on the 08 sept 2015
and still waiting...

Inshaallah786
Newly Registered

Post by Inshaallah786 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 am

aadi90 wrote:
Inshaallah786 wrote:@sarah786

Applied 21.08.15
Biometric 24.08.15
Processed email today

Hi.. Did u email them for an update and receive the delay email as a reply of that or was it an official delay mail??
Many thanks
@aadi90 No it was a official email saying that application not straightforward and won't be decided in standard time. But it still was decided in standard time

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theelite16 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 am

worried1 wrote:

on the 08 sept 2015
and still waiting...
Get onto your MP, worried1. I don't think this is acceptable. Maybe a letter from your MP will clarify what exactly is happening with the application (if anything), and what the cause of the delay is.

speed0192

Post by speed0192 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:24 am

My spouse has received the visa and now i dont understand this bet ? whats mean the BRP letter, could you please guide? any one from here..

You have now completed your application for leave to enter the UK.

If your application is successful, your passport/travel document will contain a 30 day visa to allow travel to the UK. You will also be sent a BRP Decision Letter with instructions on collecting your BRP after your arrival in the UK.

You must collect your BRP within 10 working days of arriving in the UK from:

Post Office - Liverpool
8 Wall Street, Liverpool, Merseyside
L1 8JQ

worried1

Post by worried1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:46 am

theelite16 wrote:
worried1 wrote:

on the 08 sept 2015
and still waiting...
Get onto your MP, worried1. I don't think this is acceptable. Maybe a letter from your MP will clarify what exactly is happening with the application (if anything), and what the cause of the delay is.
hi theelite16
iv just emailed our MP upsated him with all
the details
In shaa ALLAH

Saira143

Post by Saira143 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:15 am

speed0192 wrote:My spouse has received the visa and now i dont understand this bet ? whats mean the BRP letter, could you please guide? any one from here..

You have now completed your application for leave to enter the UK.

If your application is successful, your passport/travel document will contain a 30 day visa to allow travel to the UK. You will also be sent a BRP Decision Letter with instructions on collecting your BRP after your arrival in the UK.

You must collect your BRP within 10 working days of arriving in the UK from:

Post Office - Liverpool
8 Wall Street, Liverpool, Merseyside
L1 8JQ
It's a biometric residence permit that your spouse will need to collect.