ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Problems for 11th April 2012 Croydon PEO Attendees

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 am

I also attended PEO croydon on 11th April. No news yet. Still waiting.

abz

I did not get any email like you as I booked my appointment via phone.
If you receive a call from them please let us know.

chweetgurl

Re: still waiting

Post by chweetgurl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:43 am

abz120 wrote:I am still waiting for the call.
I would like to check with others who have taken online appointment.

While I was at the PEO and while the case was progressing I use to get emails confirming my appointment. On the total I got about 12 emails on the day of the appointment..
Surprisingly I got a similar email yesterday after a week.
Have any one seen this sort of indications.
I had same situation, Emails even after a week i attended interview

abz120
Newly Registered

To chweetgurl

Post by abz120 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 am

chweetgurl
Could you please tell me when you got the last email. and when you attended the PEO. I was of the impression that the emails gets posted as and when the application progress from one stage to another and someone is looking at it. I was thinking probably they would call as soon as I got the last email yesterday.

11th of April 12 emails
17th of April 1 email

chweetgurl

Re: To chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:24 am

abz120 wrote:chweetgurl
Could you please tell me when you got the last email. and when you attended the PEO. I was of the impression that the emails gets posted as and when the application progress from one stage to another and someone is looking at it. I was thinking probably they would call as soon as I got the last email yesterday.

11th of April 12 emails
17th of April 1 email
my appointment was on 7th march and got 4 emails on this day
last email was 12th March 2 emails

But so far no response from them on my application, I suspect its more to do with IT issue rather then application status

tier1check

Anybody else received call/documents?

Post by tier1check » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Anybody else received call/documents/BRP?
I went on 17th and because of IT issues biometric results were not available. I was told that they will call me today morning. But no call yet..

lahore2664
BANNED

Re: To chweetgurl

Post by lahore2664 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:07 pm

chweetgurl wrote:
abz120 wrote:chweetgurl

11th of April 12 emails
17th of April 1 email
my appointment was on 7th march and got 4 emails on this day
last email was 12th March 2 emails

But so far no response from them on my application, I suspect its more to do with IT issue rather then application status
Hello Chweetgurl,

I am not sure if you remember me but you replied to my posts few times. I think my case falls in the same category as yours... how come these people are still doing " further checks" since 30th Mar. I am so much gutted coz my brother's wedding is on hold and I fear i may miss it... Is there any responsibility/accountability on their part????

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Lahore

Well I can totally understand your situation what you're going through now at the moment. My prayers and my heart goes out for you.

Mate try to think in that way UKBA is the country department who has got the responsibility to look after their home land security. They are very very less likely responsible for holding on to any single case if you understand what I mean to say here. You can't turn back on them and say to them that they're acountable for holding on your case and not giving you an answer in a timely manner. They'll come up with thousands of other reasons that for eg they might think that you're a threat to their National security and they want to satisfy their selfs first before making a decision so they'll take their time as much as they want I am just giving you an example.

And for your situation if you think you can always withdraw your application and that's all about it pretty much they're more than happy to do that for you, you can collect your PP at the same day by hand from Croydon and then reapply once you'll come back after attending your brothers wedding. If you've visa left on your leave to remain here. You'll loose some heavy amount of money but atleast you'll wont regret missing your plans for your brothers wedding.

Good luck for your ILR.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Smam wrote:Hi Lahore

Well I can totally understand your situation what you're going through now at the moment. My prayers and my heart goes out for you.

Mate try to think in that way UKBA is the country department who has got the responsibility to look after their home land security. They are very very less likely responsible for holding on to any single case if you understand what I mean to say here. You can't turn back on them and say to them that they're acountable for holding on your case and not giving you an answer in a timely manner. They'll come up with thousands of other reasons that for eg they might think that you're a threat to their National security and they want to satisfy their selfs first before making a decision so they'll take their time as much as they want I am just giving you an example.

And for your situation if you think you can always withdraw your application and that's all about it pretty much they're more than happy to do that for you, you can collect your PP at the same day by hand from Croydon and then reapply once you'll come back after attending your brothers wedding. If you've visa left on your leave to remain here. You'll loose some heavy amount of money but atleast you'll wont regret missing your plans for your brothers wedding.

Good luck for your ILR.
Smam why do you keep telling people that they shouldn't complain or criticise UKBA for fear that they will be told they are a 'threat to national security' what is your basis for making such an assertion?

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Greenie wrote:

Good luck for your ILR.
Smam why do you keep telling people that they shouldn't complain or criticise UKBA for fear that they will be told they are a 'threat to national security' what is your basis for making such an assertion?
Hi Greenie,

If you understand plain english I have used the word as an example I am not making any assertions here at all. UKBA gives vague answers to the applcants that they're carrying out some additional checks it could be any thing.

And do you think making a complain will make any difference for any applicant I am not stopping any one to do that. Well if you like do what ever you do but I am 100% sure on that part, that it wont take them no where. UKBA is a bureaucratic department to the best of my understanding and making couple of complains wont make any difference at all to the best of my knowledge.

And my post to Lahore is pretty much justificable in my sense that the applicant can withdraw their applications and apply later.

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Guys

We are here to support each other rather than arguing with each other.

The fact of the matter is that UKBA is a state department. Usually the state deprtments work with their own pace. One may have a right of complain but it is highly unlikely going to resolve the matter in near future unless you make a strong collective effort which is very difficult.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Smam wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Good luck for your ILR.
Hi Greenie,

If you understand plain english I have used the word as an example I am not making any assertions here at all. UKBA gives vague answers to the applcants that they're carrying out some additional checks it could be any thing.

And do you think making a complain will make any difference for any applicant I am not stopping any one to do that. Well if you like do what ever you do but I am 100% sure on that part, that it wont take them no where. UKBA is a bureaucratic department to the best of my understanding and making couple of complains wont make any difference at all to the best of my knowledge.

And my post to Lahore is pretty much justificable in my sense that the applicant can withdraw their applications and apply later.
I understand plain English, given that English is my first language.

I was referring to your post here and elsewhere:
Smam wrote:Hi Bob Russell

Your complain letter looks fantastic mate but I can bet you any thing that your complain will go no where UKBA will come up with millions and millions of reasons to stop your application. They'll come up with things like you sounds like a threat to their national sec and any stupid thing like that and no body has got time to ask from UKBA that can you prove this they'll say no sorry that's what we are trying to do and hence lengthening the application processing time. So there we go and at the end they'll say ok sorry your application is processed.

They have clearly mentioned this that getting a PEO appointment doesn't really gurantee your application being processed at the same day its completely at the discretion of the CW and at the end UKBA that's all I know to the best of my knowledge.

As for UKBA slogan is "Yell as much as you like but we'll put the Glue in our Ears and that's it".
I agree that there is a time and a place for making complaints and complaining does not necessarily result in a quicker decision. However I do not think it is correct so say that the UKBA will suggest that a person is a thread to national security purely because they have complained, which is what you have suggested here.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Thank you Smam, appreciate for your sincere advices as always.. I cant do anything but wait and lets hope this works.

Thanks Greenie for your input..

Peace brother, this world lacks it and needs it...

tier1check

Post by tier1check » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:02 pm

bluebird2011,

Looks like your case also is on similar lines as that of mine. Apart from fact that i applied on 17th April so it is just start of wait period.

caseworker told me that apart from biometric everything else is fine..did you hear anything back yet?

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 pm

tier1check

Caseworker told me exactly the same thing that everything else is fine and that she is just waiting for the biometrics. I have not heard anything yet.
You let us know if you hear anything.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Greenie wrote:
Smam wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Good luck for your ILR.
Hi Greenie,

I understand plain English, given that English is my first language.

I was referring to your post here and elsewhere:
Smam wrote:Hi Bob Russell

Your complain letter looks fantastic mate but I can bet you any thing that your complain will go no where UKBA will come up with millions and millions of reasons to stop your application. They'll come up with things like you sounds like a threat to their national sec and any stupid thing like that and no body has got time to ask from UKBA that can you prove this they'll say no sorry that's what we are trying to do and hence lengthening the application processing time. So there we go and at the end they'll say ok sorry your application is processed.

They have clearly mentioned this that getting a PEO appointment doesn't really gurantee your application being processed at the same day its completely at the discretion of the CW and at the end UKBA that's all I know to the best of my knowledge.

As for UKBA slogan is "Yell as much as you like but we'll put the Glue in our Ears and that's it".
I agree that there is a time and a place for making complaints and complaining does not necessarily result in a quicker decision. However I do not think it is correct so say that the UKBA will suggest that a person is a thread to national security purely because they have complained, which is what you have suggested here.
Hi

Well I dont like to argue but I didn't mean to say that if you complain then they'll say that you're a threat to national security and we can't deal with your case quickly, I just use that as an example that's all what it is I mean to say that if you complain or not it wont make any difference for UKBA they'll take their time to give results for your application. Again, I am not making any assertions I am just telling you that they can suspect any body for any missunderstadings and then later on its soo easy for them to appoligise and say to that oh that was a mistake.

The Biggest example what I've read in the News and I've come accross US Immigration Dept denied entry to one of the Ministers from Pakistan, they stopped the President of India Mr. Abul Kalam for secutiry checks and clearances and the things like that. In the end they all complained with a loudest voice as much as they can and the response from the US Immigration was oh sorry that's was a mistake that's all it is.

But I can assure every single person in this forum you go to any country in the world what I've just come accross one thing in my experience and that's pretty much every where might be not as bad but any State Organizations like UKBA they dont really give much damn to any complains and the things like that no matter who so ever you're. That's my firm believe and making Million complains won't solve any situation here that's all I wanted to say.

@Greenie I think after reading my post carefully you'll get off from my case. We're here to help mate not to argue.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:17 pm

No one should have any problem if UKBA is taking more time to do the further checks etc. Problem is with their pathetic Biometric System which goes down every now and then, and that too happening in Croydon PEO almost every other day.

Why not let people "pre-apply" for Biometric a week or so ago (link up via NINO/UTR/Appointment reference number of something) before they go to PEO at any post office walk-in counter and then they can speedup results, while they "Fix" the "IT ISSUE!"
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

tier1check

Post by tier1check » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19 am

I have started one common thread for tracking PEO applications because of IT issues.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... bd50cfc714

Please put your details there. It would be easier for us to track and get idea.

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:23 pm

All

I got my ILR approval letter in post today. BRP to follow in next 7 days.

I applied on 11th April 2012 but the decision was delayed due to IT issues.

Best of luck to everybody.

Balaji88
Newly Registered

Post by Balaji88 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi

Yesterday i went liverpool there is some problem with IT issues. They took my all documents and they said we will keep your documents upto seven days what's that mean any body knows any idea about?

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Balajee

Nothing to worry about. You'll get your decision in next 7 days just like so many of us who attended Croydon PEO. We were told the same story.

Best of luck

Balaji88
Newly Registered

Post by Balaji88 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Blue bird

The Case worker told we cant keep documents more than seven days. What's that mean. If they cant resolve with in a seven days. They will assing to a new case worker.

How long it will take to get the documents and ILR approved.

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Balajee

If they told you that they are holding the application for additional checks then it may take more than 7 days. But if they held the application due to their IT issues then I think u will get the decision in 7 days.

In any case wish u all da best.

Balaji88
Newly Registered

Post by Balaji88 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:35 am

Blue bird
Intially they called me they said due to systems down we cant take final decision your application. I told i will take by hand dont send to post. On that time he told u cant keep documents morethan seven days. That is my question why they said morethan seven days.

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:43 pm

I guess you'll get your decision in 7 days.

tier1check

Post by tier1check » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Bluebird,

Did you receive call before getting approval letter?
I am facing unique problem. I got call from unknown number couple of times but when picked call, phone was disconnected after few seconds.

Anybody faced similar issue?